Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I would simply befriend the dog. The real question is how many 5-year-old kids could the dog and I take on together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Alpacas and llamas hate dogs. Surround yourself with spitting, kicking and biting allies in the event a cop dog is after you.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/LjpMLuZ.mp4

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

There's only one helmet, and the most important passenger gets to wear it.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

its stunning how at certain sizes animals can just go "i dont know what you are, i dont understand you, but that hasnt stopped my charging technique from working before"

like, yea sure, charge the inanimate boat with gooey animate humans in it, it's got a 50/50 chance of working

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Dogs are bigger and will do more damage than you think. The one time I had to stop a dog from doing something, she was already focused on gnawing on another dog’s neck, and I had the other roommate to help by throwing things to distract them until we could get them into separate rooms and call their owner to fix her poo poo. I almost took the option of leaving the house and calling animal control, but I didn’t want the other roommate to do something stupid by herself.

They’re made of meat and clamps and knives, and they’re not going to feel bad about hurting you.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

wilderthanmild posted:

Some of that might also be various definitions of "winning".

Like I bet the average adult male age 18-40 could probably "win" a fight with a 60lb dog(the lower cutoff for "large" breeds), but they'd come away with a lot of injuries. But a lot of people probably think like german shepard or larger when talking large dogs and I think that's really unlikely for the average adult male to win in any sense.

Lol at 22% of men and 12% of women who think they'd win against a chimpanzee. I'd put the reality of that being 0%. Maybe 22% of men and 12% of women don't know what a chimpanzee is and think of much smaller monkeys like a capuchin monkey.

in the immmortaly stupid words of wikihow,

quote:

Dogs are terrible wrestlers. Go to the ground and use your body weight to break as many bones as you can before you bleed out.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 28, 2021

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Fighting dogs is easy, the trick is just to subdue them before they chomp all your fingers off and you can no longer use your monkey's paw on them.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

wilderthanmild posted:

Lol at 22% of men and 12% of women who think they'd win against a chimpanzee. I'd put the reality of that being 0%. Maybe 22% of men and 12% of women don't know what a chimpanzee is and think of much smaller monkeys like a capuchin monkey.

I agree. If you've seen a chimp at a zoo for real, with its bulging humanoid musculature and fangs the size of your thumb, you know there's no way you're winning in that fight.

I'd say that ninety-nine times out of a hundred, any adult chimpanzee defeats any adult human. The one time the human wins it's by a lucky kick to the throat or something, and they probably still end up mauled. Fighting a chimpanzee hand to hand would be like going up against Batman after he'd snorted a kilo of PCP.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

ikanreed posted:

Very special scenario. If you're running away from the dog's allies, that's pretty much an ideal scenario for the dog/wolf's natural pack hunting strategy, using your own mass and speed against you, dragging you to the ground, while attacking from a blind spot.

Head on, a single dog is a dangerous and can still rip flesh from your body, putting you in a hospital when all is said and done, but your mass difference means you can out wrestle them. Anyone who has dealt with an unruly, but not aggressive, hundred pound dog knows that.
Hi, my job is essentially dog wrestler, and I would like to inform you that you cannot outwrestle a dog. I've spent the last 7 years training my body and mind to wrestle dogs, and at the end of the day, anything above like 60 lbs, given sufficient anger, will not be pin-able.

If they're not aggressive, just wiggly, sometimes you get stubborn, and you think, "he's not attacking, so I'm gonna try to outwrestle him", and you fail every single time. They are flexible and strong and fast and cannot be subdued if they decide not to be.

If you start the fight with them already restrained, you can *maybe* control them for a short period of time, but a dog that's already on the attack? Not a chance in hell.

I think you might get an edge if you introduce kicking into the equation, but for obvious reasons, I haven't tried it.

Don't wrestle aggressive dogs.

Sagebrush posted:

I agree. If you've seen a chimp at a zoo for real, with its bulging humanoid musculature and fangs the size of your thumb, you know there's no way you're winning in that fight.

I'd say that ninety-nine times out of a hundred, any adult chimpanzee defeats any adult human. The one time the human wins it's by a lucky kick to the throat or something, and they probably still end up mauled. Fighting a chimpanzee hand to hand would be like going up against Batman after he'd snorted a kilo of PCP.
Is the chimp in this scenario one of those ones that smokes cigarettes? Cause that's gonna factor into things.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Sagebrush posted:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Man did not dominate the world because we can beat animals one on one. We dominated the world because we figured out how to use sticks and other assorted tools to beat other animals.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Yeah after one dog attack I just started carrying a bat and a knife. Not gonna wrestle a pitbull but I will smash his skull

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Man did not dominate the world because we can beat animals one on one. We dominated the world because we figured out how to use sticks and other assorted tools to beat other animals.

Also by lightly jogging after prey animals until they're exhausted and just need poked with a sharps stick.

Sometimes we lightly jogged them off of cliffs for a shorter pursuit.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
when did this thread turn into the joe rogan podcast

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I bet a chimp could take joe rogan.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I bet a chimp could take joe rogan.

Joe Rogan is a chimp.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Cojawfee posted:

Joe Rogan is a chimp.

don't insult chimps like that, they don't deserve it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cojawfee posted:

Joe Rogan is a chimp.

Nah, he's just a higher percentage of caveman than most of us.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

chimpples

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Chimp arms are so absurdly long in proportion to human arms that even if they're smaller they've got the reach advantage, and those arms are buff as hell. Getting into a fight with a chimp sounds like a good way to lose your face, it's just not worth it.

EDIT: These are the proportions involved

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cthulu Carl posted:

I like how Lion is the only one where women are cockier

Just how many of them have mixed lion with anteater.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

PetraCore posted:

Chimp arms are so absurdly long in proportion to human arms that even if they're smaller they've got the reach advantage, and those arms are buff as hell. Getting into a fight with a chimp sounds like a good way to lose your face, it's just not worth it.

Counterpoint: Their legs, not so much. Conclusion: Tae Kwon Do is the optimal style to fight chimps

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

DandyLion posted:

Counterpoint: Their legs, not so much. Conclusion: Tae Kwon Do is the optimal style to fight chimps
Yeah but they're good at climbing. You're just a mobile tree to them.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
i would fight a wolf over a chimp because at least i would die in a puddle of my own blood with my penis intact

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I learned from Quantum Leap that chimps can't swim, and I have no idea why Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell would lie to me about this, so the key to surviving a chimp fight is to find deep water.

There might be crocs in the water, but maybe they'll go for the chimp first as it thrashes around.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Cthulu Carl posted:

I learned from Quantum Leap that chimps can't swim, and I have no idea why Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell would lie to me about this, so the key to surviving a chimp fight is to find deep water.

There might be crocs in the water, but maybe they'll go for the chimp first as it thrashes around.
Hippo's probably a faster death than a chimp, anyway.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Chimps first move is gonna be to bite your penis at which point you've already lost.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PetraCore posted:

Hippo's probably a faster death than a chimp, anyway.

Years ago Discovery Channel had a show called "Animal Face-off" where they'd build robot versions of jaws and claws for different animals, destroy poo poo with them, then have a CGI fight to the death between the two animals they were talking about. For the Bull Shark vs. Hippo episode, the CGI shark kept biting at the CGI hippo to no effect. Then it buit the CGI hippo's CGI tail off and the CGI hippo bit the CGI shark in half then continued to graze CGI grass.

I'd take hippo death as well. Chimps are smart enough to have malice, hippos just want you out of their way, if you die, you die.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Foone finding the quality forklift shirts. Anyone who buys and wears that programmer one should have to fight a chimp

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1475914663502045186

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
One of the things that makes chimps so dangerous is they tend to want to attack all your softest and most vulnerable parts. So imagine you're fighting the world's strongest man, who has insanely long arms, but instead of like punching you he's trying to gouge your eyes out, tear you genitals off, and bite your nose and lips off.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulu Carl posted:

chimps can swim, they just don't like to. they're very dense and so swimming is extra difficult for them. if you've pissed off a chimp enough to follow you into water you can probably use this chance to escape through better swimming skills, but the chimp WILL follow you into water if its enraged enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q916J6rzqno

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

wilderthanmild posted:

One of the things that makes chimps so dangerous is they tend to want to attack all your softest and most vulnerable parts. So imagine you're fighting the world's strongest man, who has insanely long arms, but instead of like punching you he's trying to gouge your eyes out, tear you genitals off, and bite your nose and lips off.

oh so kind of like trying to nap with a toddler

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

wilderthanmild posted:

A chimpanzee understands a fight to the death a lot more than the average human, I think.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

lobsterminator posted:

How would it be possible to lose to a rat or a cat even if you did almost nothing? You could pretty much just step on both.

Goose is too big to step on so that's the first one I accept a possible defeat.

Fighting a pissed off cat results in a Pyrrhic victory at best if you don’t shut that little fucker down FAST. One of my neighbors had a rabid bobcat jump in his truck with him, gently caress his day up real good, then it disappeared into the woods. They’re all slick fur and razor blades. You’re gonna win, but at what cost?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Sammus posted:

Fighting a pissed off cat results in a Pyrrhic victory at best if you don’t shut that little fucker down FAST. One of my neighbors had a rabid bobcat jump in his truck with him, gently caress his day up real good, then it disappeared into the woods. They’re all slick fur and razor blades. You’re gonna win, but at what cost?

Didn't a mountain biker wrestle/strangle a half starved rabid mountain lion to death a few years ago after it attacked him?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Sammus posted:

ok

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I just got my hand bit the gently caress up trying to wrestle a 30lb dog, I don't think I could defeat ANY animal.

OSHA related because I work at a dog daycare.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
it's been like three pages of wrestling animals, how about y'all wrestle with the childhood trauma that made you this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Some rats can summon their stand and fire a poisoned barb at you, cause you to melt into a horrible terrible cube of meat jelly.

See Image Below for Reference