Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That poo poo's from before I was born and I'm old enough to have grey pubes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
We are as far away from the release of the White Album as the White Album was from the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
gently caress Franz Ferdinand!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

kntfkr posted:

gently caress Franz Ferdinand!

Yeah, they suck

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Franz Ferdinand were called the saviors of rock and roll by more than one music jounalist lmao

Really dropped the ball there Franz, kids don't know what guitars are now

Brb, gonna found a punk band called Guitaro Princip

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Franz Ferdinand and Modest Mouse got their heaviest play on Nickelodeon Channel "The N".

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

If you play actual real guitar then Rocksmith is very well done.

Works well for bass too

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is it too late to trademark my next musical toy fad, Ukulele Hero?

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
3 minutes until Dark Souls playthrough on the Uke controller

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

flavor.flv posted:

That poo poo's from before I was born and I'm old enough to have grey pubes

I see there no getting meme jokes past you

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My pubes are gray from all the dust because i play video games and no-one will touch my pubis, not even me

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Kids these days don't even have pubes

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

signalnoise posted:

I see there no getting meme jokes past you

Don't derail the discussion, we're talking about my pubes here

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle
Coasting entirely on WACKY MANGA STUFF, this 1993 SNES Fighter was largely only ever seen in magazine ads in the US, and was never worth the trouble of tracking down to play anyway. Makes no attempt at explaining any sort of backstory whatsoever, you are just fighting 8 people because the principal said the character would get some mediocre thing they want and then all the endings are just disappointment as it was all a pointless lie. No combos here, this is one of those spam your special moves to win kinda games because regular attacks are weak and useless. For some reason jump is a face button, but you can remap it. Mediocre and unbalanced combat, extremely short rounds, cute animations but the character models are a bit on the small side.

The Firemen
Having never made its way to America for some reason, The Firemen is a 1994 SNES Bullet Hell(but with flames). It is relatively short and not very much variety, level variation is non existant, just a bunch of flaming office building rooms with various traps and hazards, with small bits where you travel outside. All the bosses are just various giant flames, and the end sequence felt a bit lacking. Good for a quick run through but thats it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

X JAKK posted:

The Firemen
Having never made its way to America for some reason, The Firemen is a 1994 SNES Bullet Hell(but with flames). It is relatively short and not very much variety, level variation is non existant, just a bunch of flaming office building rooms with various traps and hazards, with small bits where you travel outside. All the bosses are just various giant flames, and the end sequence felt a bit lacking. Good for a quick run through but thats it.

I'm the dispatch doing the ahegao face

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Excelzior posted:

I'm the dispatch doing the ahegao face

The fire... is in my pants!!!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Why is Ukyo labeled "Frederic"?

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

X JAKK posted:

Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle
Coasting entirely on WACKY MANGA STUFF, this 1993 SNES Fighter was largely only ever seen in magazine ads in the US, and was never worth the trouble of tracking down to play anyway. Makes no attempt at explaining any sort of backstory whatsoever, you are just fighting 8 people because the principal said the character would get some mediocre thing they want and then all the endings are just disappointment as it was all a pointless lie. No combos here, this is one of those spam your special moves to win kinda games because regular attacks are weak and useless. For some reason jump is a face button, but you can remap it. Mediocre and unbalanced combat, extremely short rounds, cute animations but the character models are a bit on the small side.

I bought this from toys r us when I was a kid trying to chase that sf2 high and I liked it well enough to have fond memories of its music and colorful graphics

Was very surprised as an adult to find out the premise of the IP and how unrelentingly horny it was, but I probably should have been tipped off when the guy that took my SNES trade in at funco land practically came in his pants when he saw I had a copy

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I picked that one up at a pawn shop for five bucks along with street fighter alpha 2 at a pawn shop back in 2004. They were just mixed in with poo poo like Aero the Acro-bat and NHL 94

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Has anyone ever played THRILL KILL?

I could never find a rom that worked.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My girlfriend has a physical copy that was burnt from an ISO when the prototype leaked. But I've only actually seen it run on an actual PlayStation, not in emulation.

It's pretty much just a lovely game tho, there's nothing to really recommend it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Wasn't Thrill Kill just reskinned with Wu Tang?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

There should be more games about rappers, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand was so funny and actually quite good.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

kntfkr posted:

Wasn't Thrill Kill just reskinned with Wu Tang?

Yeah the wu tang game is thrill kill.

It's fuckin bad lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'd play a Fat Lip dating sim.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Caesar Saladin posted:

There should be more games about rappers, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand was so funny and actually quite good.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
i DON'T GIVE A poo poo WHAT KIND OF GAME IT IS i JUST WANT TO BE A NO LIMIT SOLDIER

MAKE EM SAY UGHHHH NAH NAH NAH NAH

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Firemen, that takes me back. Apparently it got a sequel that never made it out of Japan. Some of the music is pretty catchy, I thought the whole concept and presentation was a bit novel. They clearly did their research, as the game goes into concepts like firedamp and smoke inhalation, and makes a point of how the building design is a OSHA nightmare that's turned it into a deathtrap. (and they get the original architect on the phone to tell him)

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

X JAKK posted:

Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle

So objectively, you're right, Ranma 1/2 Hard battle is a bad game and no one should ever play it.

But you're talking about fighting games on the SNES. The SNES had ~80 fighting games, and every single one sucked rear end (yes, even super street fighter 2 /mortal kombat / killer instinct.) It's easily a top 20 fighting game by SNES standards, but something was wrong with your brain if you liked those kinds of games back then because they were all bad.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Actually it's all games that are bad

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

Actually it's all games that are bad

Ah, but have you ever played SPLATTERHOUSE 2?!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

So objectively, you're right, Ranma 1/2 Hard battle is a bad game and no one should ever play it.

But you're talking about fighting games on the SNES. The SNES had ~80 fighting games, and every single one sucked rear end (yes, even super street fighter 2 /mortal kombat / killer instinct.) It's easily a top 20 fighting game by SNES standards, but something was wrong with your brain if you liked those kinds of games back then because they were all bad.

I heard there's a Sailor Moon one that's surprisingly good. Probably still only by those standards.

On another note: most Game Boy games are really, really bad. Though I think it was definitely a case of the shovelware problem, since Game Boy games were probably relatively easy and cheap to develop and being put out for an extremely good-selling platform popular with young children whose parents didn't give a poo poo about quality.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

Did Street fighter suck rear end by virtue of being a poor port, or by virtue of being Street fighter?

e; Port, not poet.

Breetai fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 29, 2021

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Season 1 of Ranma 1/2 is pretty good, though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Breetai posted:

Did Street fighter suck rear end by virtue of being a poor poet, or by virtue of being Street fighter?

There's a joke somewhere about Ryu being a broke shoeless street fighter because no one likes his poetry.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a joke somewhere about Ryu being a broke shoeless street fighter because no one likes his poetry.

Sonic boom thunders.
Go be a family man!
Insert coin to play.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Yeah, they suck

I got forcibly introduced to the singer one night and pretended to like them/didn't call them out for being a sad gang of four ripoff for the hour or so I was around him because I thought it would be less awkward, and he was a dick who seemed really mad that he was stuck hanging around 2 dudes instead of a swathe of women. Now people barely remember his dumb band rip.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It was bad.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I heard there's a Sailor Moon one that's surprisingly good. Probably still only by those standards.

On another note: most Game Boy games are really, really bad. Though I think it was definitely a case of the shovelware problem, since Game Boy games were probably relatively easy and cheap to develop and being put out for an extremely good-selling platform popular with young children whose parents didn't give a poo poo about quality.

It’s definitely a shovelware problem. The Gameboy had just an obscene amount of games released on it that would not be matched until the PS1&2 (two systems also famous for gargantuan amounts of shovelware) More than a thousand in fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
actually it's because the snes hardware is old and lovely and can't handle the cutting edge videogame technology used to make cool fighting game arcade cabinets