Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think the half-second lost, and then more gcds lost because you're pressing it every 25 seconds instead of every 30, is a moderately big deal and you should probably just look at the debuffs, same as you would have for dots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Thundarr posted:

I like the music in Panda 4 but I agree that a Primals cover of Time to Make History would be even better.

It should've been an official crossover with Castlevania so we could get a primals cover of Bloody Tears. :colbert:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That's weird, it thinks I already got a blade from Panda 4 this week. Does that reset at a different time?

Edit: oh, I have 2 of them. I guess something I did late last night was just over the timer and I passed on the tokens out of reflex.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Is there any use for the materials gathered from Endwalker folklore tome spots? Or is it future patch content?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

It's very forward-thinking of the dev team to give Reaper one flaw, having to keep that debuff up, so they have one thing to improve in the next expansion.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

adhuin posted:

Is there any use for the materials gathered from Endwalker folklore tome spots? Or is it future patch content?

They'll be used for the crafted 90 gear later. I think that comes out with Savage next week?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

i as well can’t wait for every dps to have healer dps rotations

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Just a reminder to always turn in your Wondrous Tails catbook on a non-max level character. Each catbook is worth 1/2 a level of XP. A nice way to passively level up classes that you don't actually intend to play.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It's very forward-thinking of the dev team to give Reaper one flaw, having to keep that debuff up, so they have one thing to improve in the next expansion.

in what way is it a flaw

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That debuff is still going to be there.

Honestly reaper feels so good at 90 that its hard to think what they can do with it. With some other classes you can still see means to optimize and expand but reaper just feels...perfect. I guess 2 charges on their movement ability!? Allow other players to hitchhike from your warps if they click on it? Absolute insanity.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Probably just another Shroud finisher after Communio that unlocks after every second Communio cast or something like that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

cheetah7071 posted:

I think the half-second lost, and then more gcds lost because you're pressing it every 25 seconds instead of every 30, is a moderately big deal and you should probably just look at the debuffs, same as you would have for dots

I don't push it every time it beeps. When it beeps I look up and judge where I'm at and when I need to press it.

I was still top dps in the group using this and had 100% uptime on the fight, so I'm pretty happy with it and sticking with it. If I end up in a static and it matters, I'll set up an ACT timer for it. As it is, I like this.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't push it every time it beeps. When it beeps I look up and judge where I'm at and when I need to press it.

I was still top dps in the group using this and had 100% uptime on the fight, so I'm pretty happy with it and sticking with it. If I end up in a static and it matters, I'll set up an ACT timer for it. As it is, I like this.

If you just need a beep to remind you, you could set up another macro separately that has the echoed sound effect timer so that you don't lose any time on your GCD spinning and press it after you press S/WoD

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Have they decided just not to fix omnidirectional markers on mobs? I remember they got broken when they introduced the new ones back in like 5.3 or whatever. And they're just, still not back. It's weird!

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

cheetah7071 posted:

in what way is it a flaw

Its a pain in the rear end so clearly in 7.0 we will get a trait or new ability that makes it less of a pain in the rear end. Hence the forward thinking developers.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Yeah and they’ll make higanbana reapply itself when you midare and then they’ll get rid of true strike so you only have to twin snake and then finally they’ll make fire 4 refresh the timer… sounds based

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

one day I hope to hate somebody as much as Emmanellain hates Sicard

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think it's good that reaper has an aspect that isn't press the glowing button

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I don't mind the reaper debuff at all, it's less annoying than remember to re-apply higanbana or hardcasting the old summoner DoTs. The fact that you get an AOE version at the same time as the single-target helps a lot, and the way that you get shroud gauge when enemies die is really in dungeon trash pulls.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

one day I hope to hate somebody as much as Emmanellain hates Sicard

Hmm. I think you misspelled a word there.

I support my dumbass brother-in-law and his slap slap kiss relationship with his pirate boyfriend.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 28, 2021

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

Hmm. I think you misspelled a word there.

I support his dumbass brother-in-law and this slap slap kiss relationship with his pirate boyfriend.

Emmanellain is too much of a comic relief character for me to ship him with anybody

I'm curious though, who was willing to point him towards the Archon loaf? I didn't have the heart...

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Cao Ni Ma posted:

That debuff is still going to be there.

Honestly reaper feels so good at 90 that its hard to think what they can do with it. With some other classes you can still see means to optimize and expand but reaper just feels...perfect. I guess 2 charges on their movement ability!? Allow other players to hitchhike from your warps if they click on it? Absolute insanity.

Maybe a thing that passively regenerates Soulsow mid-fight, like every time you spend 100 total Shroud gauge.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The absolute flanderization of Emmanellain in Endwalker is the one thing that sucks rear end in an otherwise stellar expansion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id be fine with the reaper debuff if there was any way to make it appear clearly on your focus target bar. is there. because it always gets buried under everyone else's stuff.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

The absolute flanderization of Emmanellain in Endwalker is the one thing that sucks rear end in an otherwise stellar expansion.

It's weird because in some ways it does portray him well (he's put in charge of one of the caravans, he helps you out a lot, he's less self-aggrandizing than he used to be) but the other half of the time he's just pure comedy.

See also: Magnai.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I was fine with how Emmanellain was written this expansion, and Magnai is only interesting when he's getting dunked on anyway.

Besides, Sadu/Cirina is the superior ship.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I don't think anyone said anything about ships

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Draxion posted:

Magnai's entire character is being arrogant and trying to get laid, so I took it as implied.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

id be fine with the reaper debuff if there was any way to make it appear clearly on your focus target bar. is there. because it always gets buried under everyone else's stuff.

iirc by default, your debuffs are listed first, and have a slight green tinge to their timer colour
there's also a setting under character configuration -> UI settings -> HUD to only show your debuffs
if you're using the quicklauncher, there's also the bigplayerdebuffs plugin

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Agreed, was not a fan at all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hellioning posted:

It's weird because in some ways it does portray him well (he's put in charge of one of the caravans, he helps you out a lot, he's less self-aggrandizing than he used to be) but the other half of the time he's just pure comedy.

See also: Magnai.

Magnai's been pure comedy since the Stormblood expansions.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Nodosaur posted:

Emmanellain is too much of a comic relief character for me to ship him with anybody

I'm curious though, who was willing to point him towards the Archon loaf? I didn't have the heart...

I did without even a second hesitation :colbert:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Magnai's been pure comedy since the Stormblood expansions.

Right, he was an rear end in a top hat that was making you do busy work for a bunch of quests and now hes a "little sun"

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nodosaur posted:

It will be a learning experience for him.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

To tell the truth I'd forgotten about Emmanellain's entire existence so when he cropped up in EW I just took it as read he'd always been a wastrel failson

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 28, 2021

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

That Nier dialogue about the incredible adventures you've had with people you can't quite remember the names of rang extremely true

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
I won't be satisfied until every class plays like Cookie Clicker :colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

No Dignity posted:

That Nier dialogue about the incredible adventures you've had with people you can't quite remember the names of rang extremely true

I was surprised there weren't too many "hey remember this person.... or DO YOU?" dialogue choices in this expansion

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Draxion posted:

Nodosaur posted:

Magnai's entire character is being arrogant and trying to get laid, so I took it as implied.

Let's be real: Magnai and any ships related to him are probably as successful as the Titanic. Just like his love life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

It was the best decision I made all expansion