Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Stanley Pain posted:

I think you might be under-estimating how good a 57% winrate is with respect to player skill and such ;)

I believe wargaming has said that the average players win rate is significantly sub 50%. I believe it’s somewhere around 43%.

Makes me feel way better about hovering at about 49.3% over the last three years anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Stanley Pain posted:

There are a ton of incredibly toxic asshats in the game. Pretty much any multiplayer game does. Best to ignore 'em

Anything WGing has a special breed of nazi sympathizing shitheads.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BadLlama posted:

Thankfully haven't run into that type of shithead in WOWs yet. WOT on the other hand....

I have run into angry_turtle though. What an interesting person.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

BadLlama posted:

It does; and Wargamming does nothing—even takes their side. For example, not that long ago I was in a match where someone with “88” in their name started the match by saying “for the reich and fuhrer.”

I then said, “don’t be a Nazi.”

Later that night I noticed I had been chat banned, so I filed a ticket, gave them the replay of the match and was like “wtf?”

And the Wargamming CS rep quotes me saying “don’t be a Nazi” and says that’s insulting another player. I then asked if he saw the persons name, if he knew what that 88 stands for, and whether or not the literal Nazi was chat banned for saying fascist slogans in chat.

I never got a response.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

I believe wargaming has said that the average players win rate is significantly sub 50%. I believe it’s somewhere around 43%.

Makes me feel way better about hovering at about 49.3% over the last three years anyway.

I don't think it is this bad, but it is definitely under 50%. I consider anything 45% and under (with more than 2k games played) to be seriously dreadful. But I have seen people with 15k+ games and sub 45 % WR.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Things I learned and that happened doing all my 100+ snowflakes in Co-op.

Some people play a lot of Co-op. A LOT.
Players do odd things. Like try to bomb ships with depth charge planes. Or use 6km torps at 20km range. You know what I mean.
There are some absolute garbage ships in my port that get played once a year and I'd sell if I didn't know I would get it back in a whale box next year. Examples are California, October Rev and CVs of all levels.
There are some utter delights to play that I forgot about, this list is way too many to list but mid level Russian cruisers, Commonwealth ships and any British DDs spring to mind.
I fired 3 salvos in an entire game with the Julius Caesar and got 3 kills. 12 hits total.
I got 11 citadels in one salvo with the Schors. It only has 12 guns.
More than one ship's depth charge pattern makes a huge cock and balls of foamy water.
Co-op is crap for doing anything other than farming snowflakes or achievements but I constantly see the same players in the same ship doing game after game. One guy had 400+ games in an Akatsuki and I'm drat sure he wasn't a bot.
Co-op teaches you NOTHING about how to play the game against real people. ZERO.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Code for a container:

22NYU-PDVYA-TENPR

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Blindeye posted:

Code for a container:

22NYU-PDVYA-TENPR

gone

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

22NY4-A5SKZ-FNXX2

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Burt posted:

22NY4-A5SKZ-FNXX2

:tipshat:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Here's a code

22NYN-MWYXA-H4ETY

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Aramoro posted:

Here's a code

22NYN-MWYXA-H4ETY

22NYA-NH8WU-MBMHG

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Burt posted:

Things I learned and that happened doing all my 100+ snowflakes in Co-op.

Some people play a lot of Co-op. A LOT.
Players do odd things. Like try to bomb ships with depth charge planes. Or use 6km torps at 20km range. You know what I mean.
There are some absolute garbage ships in my port that get played once a year and I'd sell if I didn't know I would get it back in a whale box next year. Examples are California, October Rev and CVs of all levels.
There are some utter delights to play that I forgot about, this list is way too many to list but mid level Russian cruisers, Commonwealth ships and any British DDs spring to mind.
I fired 3 salvos in an entire game with the Julius Caesar and got 3 kills. 12 hits total.
I got 11 citadels in one salvo with the Schors. It only has 12 guns.
More than one ship's depth charge pattern makes a huge cock and balls of foamy water.
Co-op is crap for doing anything other than farming snowflakes or achievements but I constantly see the same players in the same ship doing game after game. One guy had 400+ games in an Akatsuki and I'm drat sure he wasn't a bot.
Co-op teaches you NOTHING about how to play the game against real people. ZERO.

Some random responses:
Yeah...I don't like to poo poo on people and tell them how to enjoy their games but I can never get my head around those guys who play exclusively co-op. You even see threads on reddit with people asking is such and such a ship good for co-op...
Using the depth charge planes not-against subs can actually be useful - it will show roughly where AA is coming from even if it won't reveal ships. Again, not really something worth thinking about in co-op though.
California I have heard is crap, but Oktober is very good. Not Cesare good, but as good if not better than everything else. The problem is whether T5 is worth playing and most of the time it isn't. I long ago sold my low tier seal-clubbing/fun ships such as Clemson and Kuma.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

There was also a guy who played like 8000 matches using the tier 1 Black Swan. Even if that is in Randoms, thats still weird as hell to me.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
The co-op people are weirdos. Co-op is handy for knocking off snowflakes, or completing missions, but I couldn't imagine playing a bunch of games in it. The rewards are so painfully low.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Lakedaimon posted:

There was also a guy who played like 8000 matches using the tier 1 Black Swan. Even if that is in Randoms, thats still weird as hell to me.

I cannot even imagine how long it would take for someone to pop 8,000 Tier I random matches.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I just got the full WG experience, I reached Rank 1 in Bronze and though yay I can play Silver league now.....no I need 5 more stars to 'Qualify' for Silver. FML.

Brisk is really good on the Conq.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

I cannot even imagine how long it would take for someone to pop 8,000 Tier I random matches.

There are speedrunners that have spent a decade+ on one game figuring out RNG seeds and such. It's pretty crazy stuff once you get into the fringes like this.

fatman
Oct 20, 2005

"I DON'T WANT A RIOTING SCUMBAG AS A NEIGHBOUR"? WELL I DON'T WANT A FUCKWIT GUN NUT AS A POSTER
:fuckoff:
Heres a codeto share, i got 500 dubs in my one.

22NYP-RZRGA-G2GVF

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Someone redeemed without thanking :mad:

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Here’s mine - it says “code activation limit reached” for my account so here are two.

22NYN-NUGS8-3XGS3
22NYC-97T4T-5883F

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Velius posted:

22NYC-97T4T-5883F

Snagged this one. Thanks!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

While trying to depth charge a submarine, it was forced to surface while directly under me and we both died from ramming

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BattleMaster posted:

While trying to depth charge a submarine, it was forced to surface while directly under me and we both died from ramming

Historically accurate.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I have to say this bonus code thing is a bit silly. A friend gave me his "give to a friend" code, I activated it. Now I can't activate my own code because I've reached the activation limit. How the gently caress does that make any sense?

So, here's two codes:

22NYT-PRGA4-KR8FA
22NY8-CS8DR-K7XVR

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
I used this code 22NYT-PRGA4-KR8FA. According to Wargaming it worked, so thanks! I'm not sure what it gave me though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Is the Max Immelmann any good or should I spend my coal on something else?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Getting back into this after a year or so off, any clan I can join as DietDrPibb?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Finally wiped all my snowflakes off every ship apart from 2 CVs because gently caress CVs.

It got me the Stalingrad and the Tulsa so I am happy.

Why can't I sell some of my higher end premiums also? I never play CVs except for snowflakes and was thinking of selling the tier Xs I have but it won't let me for some reason?

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Burt posted:

Finally wiped all my snowflakes off every ship apart from 2 CVs because gently caress CVs.

It got me the Stalingrad and the Tulsa so I am happy.

Why can't I sell some of my higher end premiums also? I never play CVs except for snowflakes and was thinking of selling the tier Xs I have but it won't let me for some reason?

You shouldn’t sell premiums because if you get new ones from crates you could get them again. This is why you should keep all the stupid premium tier 5s you never play too.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Velius posted:

You shouldn’t sell premiums because if you get new ones from crates you could get them again. This is why you should keep all the stupid premium tier 5s you never play too.

I own every premium you could get from crates this year and a whole lot more. When I said I did my snowflakes, it took me DAYS.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Is the Max Immelmann any good or should I spend my coal on something else?

I don't have it and almost bought it with Coal last week but ended up getting Napoli instead. Immelman is very good, but I think Nakhimov basically does the same thing but better.

As I see it, the current TX CV Tier list is something like this

Nakhimov (will surely get nerfed in the next month or so)
Midway (the DBs are the single best squadron against DDs, and killing DDs wins matches)
Hakuryu
Immelman
MVR (recent un-nerf of AP bomb dispersion moved this clear of FDR IMO)
FDR (vastly overrated, and boring to play as well)
Audacious

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Gun shy BBs sniping from back line in ranked make this not fun to play. 3 games in a row I have lost with 2 full HP BBs nowhere near any sort of action.

Let me think here, just why did I get pissed off and quit for 18 months last time? On the tip of my tongue...

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Don't Play Ranked

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

General Battuta posted:

Don't Play Ranked

Yes but I'm so close to the silver league... Oh no the crab bucket.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

WG decided that today is my birthday (it's not) and they sent me two supercontainers (got a Congress) and a coupon for 100% money back as doubloons.

How are the T9 premiums currently in the shop? The Kearsarge seems kinda interesting, but are any of them worth picking up?

E: and since it's a 100% money back offer, I can also pick up another T9 premium for dubs, so maybe like the Kearsarge and the Napoli? Or something else?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 1, 2022

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I recently bought Kearsarge and even though I have barely played it yet, I can tell it is very strong. Also even if you hate CVs, the gimmick IMO adds a lot. But even without the planes it is straight up better than Minnesota.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

WG decided that today is my birthday (it's not) and they sent me two supercontainers (got a Congress) and a coupon for 100% money back as doubloons.

How are the T9 premiums currently in the shop? The Kearsarge seems kinda interesting, but are any of them worth picking up?

E: and since it's a 100% money back offer, I can also pick up another T9 premium for dubs, so maybe like the Kearsarge and the Napoli? Or something else?

Weird they said it was my birthday as well.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
They have a “set your birthday” on the wargaming webpage. If you don’t it defaults to Jan 1. I wish I’d done that because then I could have gotten a year of premium for a quarter the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So what does this 100% off coupon work on?-