Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
That's not really at all what I was suggesting but okay, nice recycled irrelevant dril post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Good Will Hrunting posted:

That's not really at all what I was suggesting but okay, nice recycled irrelevant dril post

Well you’re justifying some dickhead wanting people to take horse paste and stick crystals up their rear end by blaming the CDC for changing quarantine recommendations for asymptomatic people based on evidence; so yeah it seems you’re suggesting some dumb poo poo?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The CDC's change was not evidence-based.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
"Justifying"? How am I justifying it? How is saying that conspiracy theory morons like Rodgers are going to use this as fuel to their fire "justifying horse paste"? You literal moron. You absolute loving baffoon.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

brugroffil posted:

The CDC's change was not evidence-based.

People were making less money that’s a type of evidence

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

"Justifying"? How am I justifying it? How is saying that conspiracy theory morons like Rodgers are going to use this as fuel to their fire "justifying horse paste"? You literal moron. You absolute loving baffoon.

Do you actually think Aaron Rodgers cares what the CDC is going to say? They’re already taking horse paste and eating mud. What more fire so they need? You literal moron. You absolute loving baffoon.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

People were making less money that’s a type of evidence

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm not sure how "I'm not surprised" became "I support this" but okay, go off in your fabricated world that you create in all of your posts to feel better about yourself?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

I was confused earlier in the week trying to figure out why YouTube started recommending a bunch of Jordan Peterson videos to me. It clicked a couple days ago it was the goddamn Rodgers Pat McAfee clips.

Rodgers screwed up my algorithm and now I get transphobe Kermit the Frog videos. :suicide:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

I'm not sure how "I'm not surprised" became "I support this" but okay, go off in your fabricated world that you create in all of your posts to feel better about yourself?

You don’t have to pretend your dumbshit QB actually uses any evidence or research to arrive at his stupid ideas. Stop giving him and these idiots any credit as if changing circumstances will change their world view

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ColemanESPN/status/1475952774991032327

Bears Beat reporter for ESPN

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Let’s get off of this stupid debate that is going nowhere good.

Hey here’s some news, the Bears ESPN reporter died.

Well poo poo that loving sucks.

And beaten.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

AsInHowe posted:

If anything, this place should be a Meijer appreciation thread.

Don't make me get on my high horse about this!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sandy has been closed since covid started. :(

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Bird in a Blender posted:

This is why we need Menardsposting.

It's the metaphorical control rod that keeps this thread from being nothing but meltdowns

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bears refusing to fire Nagy is going to cost them a chance to get Leftwhich to develop Fields

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Hey here’s some news, the Bears ESPN reporter died.

Well poo poo that loving sucks.

And beaten.

Guy has an 11 year old kid. And his wife died to cancer a couple years back. That story is sad as hell.

That poor kid.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Brock Wright now has Covid.

The Lions now have no tight ends on their roster.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Where's Joe Fauria?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Deki posted:

This is why we need Menardsposting.

It's the metaphorical control rod that keeps this thread from being nothing but meltdowns

counterpoint: Menardsposting is actually yet another tool by the Packers to dominate the NFC North culturally as well as spiritually, and must be resisted at all costs.

In actual football discussion, however, the Lions now have zero tight ends:

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1475944636636176386?s=20

e: Ah hell, beaten by five minutes

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I came back up to MI from TN several years ago and was partying with a friend of mine. We run out of booze and it's later in the evening so I think we're done, and he's like "let's run up to Meijer and grab a bottle!" Mind blown that was even an option. Anyways that store is dope and gently caress some clownshoes Menards.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I got my first pair of Chuck’s at a Meijer in Michigan many years ago, before Meijers were in Illinois. That’s my Meijer story.

Shmtur posted:

Guy has an 11 year old kid. And his wife died to cancer a couple years back. That story is sad as hell.

That poor kid.

gently caress that is just brutal. I hate and fear cancer so much.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Dexo posted:

In brighter Former GB QB news

one of the absolute legends at the bank in the NFL.

:yeah:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1475948986297106433

Lmao

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

MJeff posted:

Sandy has been closed since covid started. :(

Sandy is back! And still only a penny!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mercenarynuker posted:

Sandy is back! And still only a penny!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l1hJ6ea0Aik

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Because they listened to a fat old gently caress named Ernie

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The first reply says it was because Pace got hired instead of George Patton.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Whoa goddamn it's time to rank the greatest wide receivers in NFC North history fuuuuck

The All-Timers

1.) Don Hutson - Packers
2.) Randy Moss - Vikings

Both are members of the NFL 100 All-Time roster. Ultimately, while I think Moss was the most talented receiver I've ever seen play (including Jerry Rice), he's ultimately edged out by the guy who was considered similarly transcendent by his contemporaries and also invented the position.

The Hall of Famers

3.) Calvin Johnson - Lions (Hall of Fame, 2010s All-Decade team, 3x All-Pro)
4.) Cris Carter - Vikings (Hall of Fame, 1990s All-Decade team, 3x All-Pro)
5.) James Lofton - Packers (Hall of Fame, 1980s All-Decade team, 1x All-Pro)

I think Johnson would have made it to the top tier if he'd had a healthier Stafford early on and a better org so that he stuck around.

The All-Decades

6.) Boyd Dowler - Packers (1960s All-Decade team)

The All-Pros

7.) Sterling Sharpe - Packers (3x All-Pro)
8.) Herman Moore - Lions (3x All-Pro)

Similar to Calvin Johnson, I think Sharpe jumps at least one tier (possibly two) if he stays healthy.

Honorable mentions

Ken Kavanaugh - Bears
Billy Howton - Packers
Devin Hester - Bears

I'm seeing conflicting information about Kavanaugh being an end versus a wide receiver, but he would be at the top of the third tier. Howton is out for the same reasoning, but he would be at the bottom of the fourth tier if he was included.

Hester was technically a receiver, but none of his many accolades were for that so they don't count.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

To qualify for inclusion in one of the above tiers, a player must have achieved one of the following: All-Time team membership, Hall of Fame membership, All-Decade team membership, or multiple All-Pro first-team memberships. Those accolades were prioritized in that order.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Calvin Johnson not being an all-time is laughable

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/StribSports/status/1476261564156153864

Packers 34
Vikings 10

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1476239961573711883

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t think the Packers D can hold anyone to ten points right now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sataere posted:

Calvin Johnson not being an all-time is laughable

He was really really good but he needed 2-3 more seasons for "all-time" status I think. He isn't even top 30 all-time for receiving yards.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think the Packers D can hold anyone to ten points right now

Listen, there’s not much I trust Klint Kubiak for, but by god this is his mission

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

SKULL.GIF posted:

He was really really good but he needed 2-3 more seasons for "all-time" status I think. He isn't even top 30 all-time for receiving yards.

He's easily a top 10 of all time WR, counting stats are meaningless, otherwise the exercise is just a grouping of whose numbers were the biggest

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Given that body-of-work is meaningless I am now free to declare Amon-Ra St. Brown the greatest Lions receiver.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Barry Samders - OK runner who left yards on the table by retiring early

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The bears have like five TE's can't they loan one to the lions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

:colbert: I feel like I was pretty clear about how the tiers were constructed.

It's literally who's on this team, then who's in the Hall, then who's on an All-Decade team, then who won multiple first-team All Pros.