Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

These are effectively 100% vaccinated populations, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!
remember when we held a "covid is over" parade for nyc healthcare workers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Thoguh posted:

To put it mildly.
              /

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/lionel_trolling/status/1475892331610091520

He thinks it’s been weeks? The exponential curve just started a few days ago with Christmas and holiday parties.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

new covid dance theme

I went to a Tommy Wright III and Gangsta Boo show a few months back and wore my half mask, sealed goggles, and tyvek zip suit. Def got a lot of looks, though.

Fortunately it was the day before Halloween, so most everyone thought it was just a costume (and the scariest one there, in fact)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

does the ceo of carnival not have walensky's phone number?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

gently caress covid falling from the top of the screen, we need these following our cursors in tiny form and in huge form in the background of the forum.

jesus christ I do not need this thing staring at me :cripes:

Zugzwang posted:

lol at anyone who gets on a cruise ship right now

a shitload of people I know are screaming with joy about them in disney FB groups.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol christmas vwas THREE days ago

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Cabbages and Kings posted:

that Go_A video that's been posted a bunch has sent me down a rabbit hole of Ukrainian synth, pop and rap all day and for this I am grateful

have some Polish folk rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDUYGNVx92k

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

tenderjerk posted:

remember when we held a "covid is over" parade for nyc healthcare workers

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

good, gently caress football

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

pro players will hide symptoms and be out there playing and coughing cause unless you're a star you can't afford to miss a game. and there will be tons of peer pressure to play. lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hadlock posted:

100% vaccinated and/or forged a CDC card

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Thoguh posted:

I don’t drink soda but I do drink a bunch of mineral water and one of the weirder shortages of the pandemic has been almost every brand of mineral water disappearing from shelves for weeks and sometimes even months.

go to the welding supply near you and get a small co2 tank filled. get a regulator and a screw in adapter for soda bottles from a home brew store.

https://khymos.org/2012/01/04/mineral-waters-a-la-carte/ download the excel and you can make most any mineral water you’d like!

I’ve been doing this so I don’t drink six or seven beers a day. it’s helping (some). trying to get a Vichy Catalan cooked up; never actually having had one makes it hard but what I’ve made is tasty and salty.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Luckily Chise of Bloomberg Fursuits is reporting that Cats is still on.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

good, gently caress football

dying laughing thinking about a football team practicing via zoom

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Patient has mssa sepsis, tested negative for covid on admission. Several days later, has covid, numerous embolic strokes, and muscle abscesses everywhere. Many such cases!

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i love how serious sports writers are about sports.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

I will, and I'll like it. Thanks, goon.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
seems not great

https://twitter.com/TheRealRhllor/status/1475866759139893258?t=bOXXFzDy90cGSAqr2a5sGA&s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hadlock posted:

yeah lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

good thing covid is mild, otherwise this might be a problem

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol christmas was THEE days ago

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

External Organs posted:

What in the gently caress
i expect them and yet i'm still surprised by these broke brain takes my god

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/mvankerkhove/status/1475933237256069121?s=21

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I went to a Tommy Wright III and Gangsta Boo show a few months back and wore my half mask, sealed goggles, and tyvek zip suit. Def got a lot of looks, though.

Fortunately it was the day before Halloween, so most everyone thought it was just a costume (and the scariest one there, in fact)

lol that kicks rear end

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

100% vaccinated and/or forged a CDC card

Even if there's a handful of forged cards, seeing covid spreading through basically a worst case for it is... Not good. A 99% vaccinated cruise ship having an outbreak on board effectively proves there's no such thing as herd immunity in a wild (not captive) partly vaccinated community

Even if it's "just" Delta, that means vaccines will lag new variants as long as the FDA takes 3+ months to approve them

Not great news

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

cr0y posted:

Anyways do you have a ballpark number that is agreed upon for recent boosters against hospitalization and death on average? There's just so much information out there and I have no idea what to believe. It feels like I could make a statement at random and be able to back it up with existing information.

Similar question for omicron vs kids under 5. Killing more? Less?

Nobody has a clue on any of this. It's still way too early to tell. End of January we should start being able to give some reliable numbers.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

AppleNippleBOB posted:

This song and video own. Perfect covid thread track

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yes these cruise lines that have hemorrhaged money for the past two years are definitely verifying vaccine status with the centralized federal database, state databases, a handwritten piece of paper with random numbers on it, and certainly disallowing children under 5, and most definitely maintaining a rigorous testing protocol with their crews, and of course mandating negative tests to travel, and also limiting shore trips with the general public at their destinations, and let's not forget mandating masks inside common areas, and for good measure limiting capacity and enforcing social distancing between parties

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Gio posted:

i love how serious sports writers are about sports.

i mean tbh if i was into sports, i'd want someone writing about sports to care about it

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ccs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/lionel_trolling/status/1475892331610091520

He thinks it’s been weeks? The exponential curve just started a few days ago with Christmas and holiday parties.

If you look at the upwards trend of positive cases in new york as as a sample, the steep upwards trend line started around dec14

e:

But hospitalizations also started trending up around the same time, so all in all I'm not really sure why anyone is saying any of the things they're saying

speng31b fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 29, 2021

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

Hadlock posted:

Not great news

it’s good news for our carbon emissions

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Patient has mssa sepsis, tested negative for covid on admission. Several days later, has covid, numerous embolic strokes, and muscle abscesses everywhere. Many such cases!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/0ddette/status/1475966678798422030?t=xfiaxKy5YPvi6c1Iz5IaXA&s=19

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

LMAO:
https://twitter.com/JGPharmD/status/1475836461073289217?s=20

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

mystes posted:

Luckily Chise of Bloomberg Fursuits is reporting that Cats is still on.
Those suits have buttholes?

Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

While I was sitting at the pharmacy waiting for my stab (the only person there to get one), every single person who came up to interact with the pharmacy was maskless. I saw a few masks but I also saw EMTs without masks on in the rice aisle.

(I sat up instead of trying to nap this off and I'm 1000% better. Sit up if you can on shot 4)