Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Nodosaur posted:

Emmanellain is too much of a comic relief character for me to ship him with anybody

I'm curious though, who was willing to point him towards the Archon loaf? I didn't have the heart...

I thought he was making fun of me for playing MSQ as a dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was surprised there weren't too many "hey remember this person.... or DO YOU?" dialogue choices in this expansion

Those have usually been in the patches.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nodosaur posted:

I'm curious though, who was willing to point him towards the Archon loaf? I didn't have the heart...

I didn't even hesitate. It's a growth moment.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'll be honest I expect Reaper to get something at 100 which is basically just Dark Knight's shadow/The Mechanist's Queen where your Avatar temporarily comes out and attacks on its own. Not sure where they'd fit it but it is the most logical add-on to the aesthetic.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

At 99 (they should stop it there and not do 100), reaper should get Road Roller. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eimi posted:

At 99 (they should stop it there and not do 100), reaper should get Road Roller. :colbert:

I mean even if they did the next expansion would still have to go over.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
99(+1)
and max damage shows up as 9999(+n)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

they could just do like ffxi and invent things that aren't levels but that still make your character stronger, and require you to earn points but do NOT call them experience points

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Eimi posted:

If they stop at 99, it will be because game-engine can't handle a three-digit level number or something similar.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Pro-tip: Don't use the world visit service.

Despite there being practically no queue to directly log in to Excalibur, I've been sitting trying to get back to the server for over an hour. And based on how many people are in this queue, it'll probably take another 1-2 hours. This sucks.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Pro-tip: Don't use the world visit service.

I would instead phrase this as, "Use the world visit service strategically." I'm on Aether, and Gilgamesh still has a nightmare queue of about 3-4k at the height of prime time. My usual pattern nowadays is to log in during the morning, run my various errands, put stuff up for my retainers to sell, and then world visit to Adamantoise or Siren, which have much more reasonable 1-1.2k queues during that same time, so I can log off and then play later on in the evening if I want. Then, I just world visit back to Gilgamesh the next morning to pick up retainer sales and do anything else that needs doing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vermain posted:

I would instead phrase this as, "Use the world visit service strategically." I'm on Aether, and Gilgamesh still has a nightmare queue of about 3-4k at the height of prime time. My usual pattern nowadays is to log in during the morning, run my various errands, put stuff up for my retainers to sell, and then world visit to Adamantoise or Siren, which have much more reasonable 1-1.2k queues during that same time, so I can log off and then play later on in the evening if I want. Then, I just world visit back to Gilgamesh the next morning to pick up retainer sales and do anything else that needs doing.

Meanwhile cactuar is just a loving iron wall of players.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Is there no way to leave the visit queue in game? That seems like the worst part of it imo. If you could try and then leave if there's too many people it would be fine, but combined with login queues and you're just sort of stuck in Limsa.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you can back out of a world visit queue, you just can't leave the town you initiated it in

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Tank Role 88 Does this poor "Keeper of the Entwined Serpents" get a real name cause he has a pretty good story for a minor character, an Imperial saved at Carteneau by Kan-E-Senna herself who became her bodyguard. I wanna hang with him.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bruceski posted:

Latin for fantasy is phantasia.

“Ph” is usually Greek, no?

E: …which Latin adopted, of course. Been too long since I spent time with the Cambridge texts, clearly.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

MillennialVulcan posted:

Tank Role 88 Does this poor "Keeper of the Entwined Serpents" get a real name cause he has a pretty good story for a minor character, an Imperial saved at Carteneau by Kan-E-Senna herself who became her bodyguard. I wanna hang with him.

He had a 'tales of' story about him I think. I don't know if he was named there or not.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

MillennialVulcan posted:

I bet his name is Dave.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Doing more Eureka stuff for extra relics and I am convinced once again that Eureka was much better than Bozja but they'll probably never do something like it again. RIP

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

HackensackBackpack posted:

I bet his name is Dave.

Dave is the boss you get the dumbo costume from

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Eureka had better zone design and Baldesion Arsenal but the moment to moment gameplay in Bozja was a cut above by far.

Eureka was more memorable but Bozja was more fun. Neither quite hit the mark imo.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Algid posted:

Is there no way to leave the visit queue in game? That seems like the worst part of it imo. If you could try and then leave if there's too many people it would be fine, but combined with login queues and you're just sort of stuck in Limsa.

Basically - as soon as you go into the world visit queue, you are locked to whichever town you're in. You can't even go and grind fates or anything like that. If you join world visit queue in Limsa Lower Decks, you're stuck there.

But also, it seems like the World Visit queue just shuts down if there is any actual queue on the server you're heading to.

But also, you can't change your server from the character selection screen.

This wouldn't frustrate me so much if I could change my server from the character select.

Like, I understand giving world visits a low priority because the players are already in game, so we should focus on those trying to log in. But I am literally willing to log out and sit through a login queue to get back to my server.

TLDR: If you do a world visit and get hosed by queue timing, you literally cannot return to your home server by any method until late night/early morning.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I hope they don't do lost actions again when they do the next iteration of Bozja.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sinteres posted:

I hope they don't do lost actions again when they do the next iteration of Bozja.

Wtf. They're the best part of the entire system.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I've just started doing bozja and I don't want to use any of the actions that have numbered charges so maybe that's what they don't like

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah it was kinda the 'I never used my elixirs in FFVI' of this game for me. Plus just more clutter in general in a game that already has a lot of clutter. On that note, getting rid of junk lockboxes would be good; have them drop less frequently and then don't have stuff like the little firework things.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You should, IMO. Use the items.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Vitamean posted:

you can back out of a world visit queue, you just can't leave the town you initiated it in

I know you can't leave the town, but how do you leave the queue? Clicking on it doesn't do anything and I don't think it's in the duty menu either?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Running EW dungeons for quick exp has this running in my head all day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypWZyee3hM8

It's nice getting 2 levels every 3 runs.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
They should make lost actions a one time learn thing, and just give you a spell book like blue mage.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The gameplay of the first Eureka zone was incredibly mind-numbingly boring to me, I don't know if I just toughed Bozja out better, but it seems like an incredibly more smooth an accessible experience. Some day I might go back and try to get through the second zone of Eureka, but poo poo was it boring/a hassle last time I tried. Getting down synced and losing my cool new abilities sure won't help either.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You should, IMO. Use the items.
But I might need them later.

No but seriously, lost actions are cool, but absolutely could be designed in a way that doesn't trigger people's loss aversion. I really hope the next one iterates on the design a bit.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
they should make all actions limited per instance in all content and if you run out you have to autoattack

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

They should make lost actions a one time learn thing, and just give you a spell book like blue mage.

I feel like that's the next evolution. I feel like people would use them a lot more if it was a one-and-done learning for them.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Eureka had better zone design and Baldesion Arsenal but the moment to moment gameplay in Bozja was a cut above by far.

Eureka was more memorable but Bozja was more fun. Neither quite hit the mark imo.

I found the Bozja story incredibly dull. The Eureka story wasn't amazing, but I don't think I ever found myself bored out of my mind.

Mechanically, Bozja is better. Everything else about Eureka is better.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
no, they only got eureka "right" by the third or fourth zones depending on who you ask, and even then the elemental system holds it back

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Mister Olympus posted:

no, they only got eureka "right" by the third or fourth zones depending on who you ask, and even then the elemental system holds it back

Anemos > Hydatos > Pyros > Pagos

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Barreft posted:

Running EW dungeons for quick exp has this running in my head all day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypWZyee3hM8

It's nice getting 2 levels every 3 runs.

do you really gain 2 levels for every 3 runs of the latest dungeon for your level? that's brazy

I'm gonna use all my roulettes on tomes

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

Right, he was an rear end in a top hat that was making you do busy work for a bunch of quests and now hes a "little sun"

I think they recognized nobody could take Magnai seriously after that scene, least of all the characters who witnessed it, so why try?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Right, he was an rear end in a top hat that was making you do busy work for a bunch of quests and now hes a "little sun"

He also manages to have "the Older" as his battle title, which is not very impressive right next to the likes of Sadu Heavenflame and Pipin of the Steel Heart.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there an easy infographic for new gathering, I'm sure I could puzzle things out eventually but I am intimidated by all the greyed out buttons on my bar lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Trust XP is too low. It doesn't need to be doubled, but 1.5 would be enough

I'm outleveling the trusts at this point. It takes 5 times in each dungeon to get the trusts to the next tier, while it takes closer to 4 dungeons to level yourself up to the next tier.