Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
how many more chapters of this ‘the war... is coming!!’ poo poo are we gonna get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Oh god, the dreaded shounen finale war arc is coming...at least this chapter was good lighthearted fun.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Schroedinger's Mei, who has no idea what's going on outside and is fully aware of what's going on outside and is in fact working on very specific systems to combat it, both at the same time.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

skipmyseashells posted:

how many more chapters of this ‘the war... is coming!!’ poo poo are we gonna get

Remembering the first war and boy I can't wait to see a bunch of characters introduced just to eat poo poo and die eat poo poo and die.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"My Danger Sense didn't go off!"
"They were just breasts."

Of course the battle shonen protagonist classifies breasts as threats :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Poor boys got their faces caved in by the all powerful Hatsume.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

At least it was more lighthearted than the last however many chapters, it's been a while since we've had fun arpund here, even if Hatsume's shtick is pretty by the numbers.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Dolash posted:

At least it was more lighthearted than the last however many chapters, it's been a while since we've had fun arpund here, even if Hatsume's shtick is pretty by the numbers.

by the numbers is perhaps the best way the chapter could be described, yeah. i feel like i could have written it

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I want to be excited but I just get the feeling everything's been so vague and by the book because the mangaka doesn't actually know how the last arc is gonna play out.

Just using the Stars and Stripes fight as an example.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
he's realized how much he enjoys drawing big strong musclewomen, except the rest of the series doesn't involve big strong musclewomen. So now he just wants to hurry up and finish it so he can start a new project centered around drawing big strong musclewomen.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I liked this chapter but then Hatsume is probably my favorite background character :allears:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

lunar detritus posted:

I liked this chapter but then Hatsume is probably my favorite background character :allears:

I like her a lot too.

She's PG13 Miu Iruma.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

christmas boots posted:

he's realized how much he enjoys drawing big strong musclewomen, except the rest of the series doesn't involve big strong musclewomen. So now he just wants to hurry up and finish it so he can start a new project centered around drawing big strong musclewomen.

Maybe he should stop maiming his big strong musclewomen characters, then!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
AFO kills Deku and Mirko takes over as protagonist.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Mymla posted:

AFO kills Deku and Mirko takes over as protagonist.

Ugh we're never seeing Mirko again are we. Mirko's murder rampage was the only thing I've liked in this manga post Kamino.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Not with those poll results we won't. :toot:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mymla posted:

AFO kills Deku and Mirko Mina takes over as protagonist.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Nonexistence posted:

Ugh we're never seeing Mirko again are we. Mirko's murder rampage was the only thing I've liked in this manga post Kamino.

Speaking of shafted female characters, did we ever get a Hero name for Nejire?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Nejire-Chan. Yeah. Iirc her name is more on the nose than most characters though wrt her skill set.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That's either a very lame hero name or a very appropriate actual name. Maybe both.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

”Will Aoyama be our friend?”

“Yes I have faith he will still be our friend.”

“I have faith that he will be exactly who he visualizes himself to be which is our friend.”

“Friend friend friend friend friend.”

Rest of it was decent fun.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news. Season 6 is slated to begin in October (hopefully it’ll be better handled than the fifth one was):

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/anime/my-hero-academia-season-6-release-date-boku-no-hero-academia-season-6-2022/

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
It won't

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well to be fair there’s no movie coming out (that I’m aware of) so they won’t need to shuffle arcs around this time. Also there’s nothing like Class A Vs Class B in this batch so it’ll likely have a much stronger start as well.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Larryb posted:

Well to be fair there’s no movie coming out (that I’m aware of) so they won’t need to shuffle arcs around this time. Also there’s nothing like Class A Vs Class B in this batch so it’ll likely have a much stronger start as well.

They already removed Denji, though, so I have trouble being optimistic.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’ll admit I kind of liked the first 4 seasons of the anime so I’m willing to write #5 off as an unfortunate fluke (and if this is covering the chapters I think it’s covering we’ll finally get to see some real animated Mirko action this time), but we’ll see how it goes I guess.

NyaNyaMeister
Dec 4, 2021

Bruh-nyuu~

I am from this
stupid country :eurovision:
Introducing, the Face-Shitters!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Wow, the Madness Combat manga adaptation looks amazing.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I'd say Star and Stripe would be lucky to get an episode but there's gonna be the cliffhanger before AFO's "lol I dug into the mountain at the right time" response

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Mirko gets slideshow animation across every episode she’s in so they can touch-up the 5 minutes of animation the fangirl-bait character in My Hero Academia Movie 4: Heroic Heroes gets to make them extra dreamy

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The season will be reordered to align with the movie so after the war arc (condensed into 11 episodes) we go to the SnS fight and traitor reveal, finishing the season with vigilante Deku.

In the interests of time, lady Nagant has been removed and her role combined with Muscular.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

christmas boots posted:

....In the interests of time, lady Nagant has been removed and her role combined with Muscular.

I guess even the new anime adaption can accidentally stumble onto an improvement over the manga. :v:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
did i hallucinate that mirio just undid his big character moment off screen with eri's powers once there was a plot reason for him not to receive ofa

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

tbp posted:

did i hallucinate that mirio just undid his big character moment off screen with eri's powers once there was a plot reason for him not to receive ofa

ahahahahahahahaha

(no)

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

tbp posted:

It's just foreshadowing for the final fight where a full power in-his-prime All Might shows up to tag out with Deku and kick the poo poo out of Shigs

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

tbp posted:

No, you didn't, that's pretty much exactly what happened.

He showed up to help out in a fight, went "hey what up i got my powers back phantom menace yeah!" and then vanished from the manga again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Erasing Overhaul's influence from the plot is good imo, that way we can forget he existed faster.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

tbp posted:

No, that happened and I still hate it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

Erasing Overhaul's influence from the plot is good imo, that way we can forget he existed faster.

Horikoshi creating a pair of characters for the sole purpose of reminding us that they suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tbp posted:

It was bound to happen. I wish they had mini updates of Mirio taking care of Eri and her trying to work her powers so there had been a modicum of set up to it.