Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Escape From Noise posted:

I remember applying for Elysian years ago, right after they got bought out by AB InBev and realized I wouldn't even get an interview because they do a hair follicle test.

That's excessive as gently caress. I could pass one, but I'd be offended at being asked.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

I generally don't know lavender in things very much. Especially when it's very prominent/overdone, which it almost always is since it's so strong. I don't know. Just not my thing.
Definitely not a daily thing but I liked that lavender gin and tonic the couple of times I had it. I'd share one with ya at least for the fun of it :)

Kazinsal posted:

it's a brand of good ol' fashioned (inexpensive) canadian whiskey :canada:

Thanks! I drink CC by the handle on the regular (now included), but I don't think what you mentioned is something available easily here so maybe why I was not sure or I'm just dumb.

:hfive:

Also thinking about "Dragon Soop" for the past few nights now. It's like the name just calls to me.

Escape From Noise

nesamdoom posted:

That's excessive as gently caress. I could pass one, but I'd be offended at being asked.

Well they're basically the largest alcohol drink multinational corporation in the world so...

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Twenty Four posted:

Also thinking about "Dragon Soop" for the past few nights now. It's like the name just calls to me.

It calls to me too...

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Twenty Four

Rarity posted:

It calls to me too...

I wish you were closer and it was available here, we would make a night out of it!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Well they're basically the largest alcohol drink multinational corporation in the world so...

So are they pissed at people that get high? Don't they know a good beer can be enjoyed more with a friendly neighbourhood buzz?

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Ass-penny

nesamdoom posted:

So are they pissed at people that get high? Don't they know a good beer can be enjoyed more with a friendly neighbourhood buzz?

my thoughts exactly. imagine making intoxicants for a living and being upset that an employee might want to smoke a joint after work, lmao

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I literally can't get hired as a paid employee at Grants Farm, despite my status as a volunteer since I moved, because I smoke weed and AB InBev hates fun unless it leads to liver damage.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Twenty Four posted:

I wish you were closer and it was available here, we would make a night out of it!

It's just UK's 4Loko :ssh:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Escape From Noise

nesamdoom posted:

Anheuser Busch is old as gently caress and has old as gently caress rules and stuff. Also they couldn't make exceptions for places where it was legal because the union I guess was arguing then they should be exempt as well? I don't know.

I know they tried to have the same rules for staff Elysian's restaurants. Lol. They had to roll it back because they couldn't retain anyone at all.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Anheuser Busch is old as gently caress and has old as gently caress rules and stuff. Also they couldn't make exceptions for places where it was legal because the union I guess was arguing then they should be exempt as well? I don't know.

That kinda does make sense. If I worked for them and smoked I'd put in a transfer request to a legal state repeatedly until they transfered me or fired me for it. It's lame, but I do see how that is resonably fare from the point of everyone being treated the same. I'd say if anything the union could argue it's not a fireable offense to fail for weed. Even if they wanted to look like they support the state law just give someone an unpaid friday off and don't test them again. I worked at a place running about $2mil worth of industrial laser for a year and half and never got tested, but I was prob the only one in the place that wouldn't have failed for something.

Escape From Noise

I mean, they suck for sure, but old companies have a lot of old rules and ideas they hold onto that are just difficult on a technical level to get rid of.

Ass-penny

Option a, burn it down

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Option b, :beerpal:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

I choose u option b :guinness:

sup crew. who's vibing and keepin it tight 2nite

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

speaking of elysian I was about to open this bad boy when I wondered... surely there's no actual caffeine in here

daddy no like caffeine

it's basically an old school :fourloko: :catstare:

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

Option a, burn it down

Okay, but we're gonna have to hit several countries. They own like everything.
They're huge.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Areola Grande posted:

speaking of elysian I was about to open this bad boy when I wondered... surely there's no actual caffeine in here

daddy no like caffeine

it's basically an old school :fourloko: :catstare:

I'm not much for caffiene in my 30s, I'd rather just feel like a pile of poo poo for awhile in the morning until things get going. I remember when 4loko was good, back before it like killed people, but before then I remember a long time ago when Sparks was a (normal)thing and it was loving horrible but was better than cheap beer and was decent to drink and party late into the night. Gave up on partying all night unless it's a real fuckoff occasion(all my friends got their poo poo together so even when we could we all gotta worry bout kids and jobs and poo poo).

Areola Grande

I think I tried Sparks like once and it was rough on the stomach as I recall

what I miss is Tequiza :allears:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Escape From Noise

All those malt liquor energy drinks tasted like taking Kool aid body shots off a wineo. I'd unironically rather drink PBR.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 29, 2021

Escape From Noise

With a coffee beer I think the amount of caffeine you're getting is pretty minimal, especially compared to the caffeine in classic Four Loko, Sparx, Joose, etc. Usually brewers add coffee at a rate of about 3-5 g/L to the finished beer and let it steep for 3-4 days. Some places will add espresso at packaging, or right before it. There are several methods, but with craft beer I think it's still at a fairly low rate seeing as you don't want to overpower the beer itself and, while the coffee adds a lot of flavor, the backbone of say, a coffee stout is going to be built up with caramel and roasted malts. With lighter styles you definitely want to make sure it doesn't overpower. Back in the day coffee and chocolate stouts didn't have actual coffee or chocolate in them, they would get those flavors from different types of roasted malts. This is still the case, most of the time, but with the actual coffee or chocolate added as well.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

All those malt liquor energy drinks tasted like taking Kool aid body shots off a wineo. I'd unironicically rather drink PBR.

where's your buddy with the kool aid at? i won't say no to a good time

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Areola Grande

With a coffee beer I think the amount of caffeine you're getting is pretty minimal, especially compared to the caffeine in classic Four Loko, Sparx, Joose, etc. Usually brewers add coffee at a rate of about 3-5 g/L to the finished beer and let it steep for 3-4 days. Some places will add espresso at packaging, or right before it. There are several methods, but with craft beer I think it's still at a fairly low rate seeing as you don't want to overpower the beer itself and, while the coffee adds a lot of flavor, the backbone of say, a coffee stout is going to be built up with caramel and roasted malts. With lighter styles you definitely want to make sure it doesn't overpower. Back in the day coffee and chocolate stouts didn't have actual coffee or chocolate in them, they would get those flavors from different types of roasted malts. This is still the case, most of the time, but with the actual coffee or chocolate added as well.

good advice. I'll drink it after dinner tomorrow and report back on whether it makes me spaz out. I doubt it will though

Ass-penny

pnac attack posted:

Trashed Crew: Just Drink the Kool Aid

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

pnac attack posted:

No koolaid, but I got cheap vodka and preworkout powder. Not a great mix to drink a lot of but it'll work for a bit.

Oh, song I just listened to and am gonna put back on kuz I spaced out walking to the store and missed most.
https://youtu.be/KOtA6qCh8Vo

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

Trashed Crew: Just Drink the Kool Aid

Ass-penny

finally drinking. man, gently caress a job, am i right?

peanut

My ex only used (red) gatorade as a mixer, it was bad.

Escape From Noise

peanut posted:

Red Red Wine Gatorade

Ass-penny

I got some instant cocoa packets as a stocking stuffer, should I make a rummy cocoa? :effort:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What kind cocoa?

Ass-penny

Land O Lakes. chocolate supreme and caramel & chocolate.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Oh gently caress, that caramel chocolate with some goldschlager tho...

Ass-penny

Cardi BYOB posted:

Oh gently caress, that caramel chocolate with some goldschlager tho...

I have never bought it but I've had it pushed on me at parties or ren fest, and dang that kinda sounds kinda good. it's already an :effort: thing for me to heat up something to dissolve the powder. Also debating if I want some water in there or if I just use liquor and the instant powder? Maybe I won't jump the gun with this silver bacardi I'm drinkin.

more falafel please

forums poster

I'm very high

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

doritto

Hello very high I'm gay

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Never microwave liquor! Just make your cocoa and drop a single shot in.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

peanut posted:

Depending if it's like bullshit, regular, or flavour heavy... Red its pretty good. still depends which red.gently caress, it's oneish and i am full trashed and still have more... i've been on this 25 min ep of a podcast for over an hour kuz i keep forgetting to listen.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

doritto posted:

Hello very high I'm gay

hello gay, im very high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selan dyin

normalize being gay and high