Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Looks like Moxfield has added collection tracking for all users now. I haven't messed with it myself, but it's already one of the better deck builders out there so having a collection manager integrated into it is probably good.

Thanks for sharing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
My favourite card is probably Boros Reckoner even if he is unplayable in anything outside of the Standard he was printed in.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My favorite card is merfolk

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

It's probably great for the game to have a Director of Play Programs who's so thin-skinned he's blocked a shitload of people on Twitter for saying that the horrible poo poo his buddy Owen admitted to doing was, in fact, horrible.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Blocking people on twitter is fine and good actually.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is my favorite card

I am sad I can't use him in standard anymore

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

My favorite card is either Gitaxian Probe or Vines of Vastwood, I really enjoyed that point in modern that I was playing infect when it was just a deck that Tom Ross and some weirdos played.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
I love nexus of fate. People just get so worked up about the idea of you taking turns you can kill them with other stuff easily. And occasionally you get to do the thing and annoy them.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

is playing blightsteel with only show and tell as a way to get it into play worthwhile?

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

This is the best card

They should reprint Burning Inquiry and Megrim/Lili's Caress into Historic because that's a thing I want to do again

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

A big flaming stink posted:

is playing blightsteel with only show and tell as a way to get it into play worthwhile?

Probably not. Could also get it with Corpse Dance or any reanimation once I had Tef3ri out but I ended up siding out blightsteel for Elesh Norn every game rounds 2 and 3.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Probably not. Could also get it with Corpse Dance or any reanimation once I had Tef3ri out but I ended up siding out blightsteel for Elesh Norn every game rounds 2 and 3.

uh, doesnt blightsteel never actually enter your graveyard?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

A big flaming stink posted:

uh, doesnt blightsteel never actually enter your graveyard?

Well uh good thing it never came up then :v: definitely did not read the card close enough after the keywords oops

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

god drat do i fuucking hate crimson vow draft, but honestly im kind of excited for double feature, you get all the good midnight hunt removal to help deal with bombs and also there's a lot of interesting cross set synergies that's probably going to recontext a lot of the cards from both sets. like yeah you'll see individual commons much more rarely than normal but im interested to see how it plays out.

VOW is a good format and the Double Feature will just be UB > UW >>>>> the rest.

Aranan posted:

Looks like Moxfield has added collection tracking for all users now. I haven't messed with it myself, but it's already one of the better deck builders out there so having a collection manager integrated into it is probably good.

Thanks for this, I checked it out and it's still missing some features such as overall collection value (unless I missed it). All I want is a collection manager that pulls Euro prices off of Cardmarket but apparently that's too much to ask. Then again Cardmarket's API is absolute garbage as far as I can tell.

Kashuno posted:

Well uh good thing it never came up then :v: definitely did not read the card close enough after the keywords oops

Good thing you read the card now :v:, Elesh Norn maindeck would have been the call for sure. Show and Tell feels like a trap in Cube a lot.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 29, 2021

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Lightning bolt was the only good card in my u/r "mirrodin besieged starter deck but i replaced the rare bc even new player me knew that poo poo sucked" deck when i first started playing and its been my favorite card since

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Lightning Bolt being perpetually "too good for Standard" while insanely efficient word salad creatures (half of which wouldn't even die to Bolt) get printed every set is my favorite part of modern MTG design

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
Had to go out for some essentials into the growing snowstorm yesterday, and rewarded myself with a couple collectors packs, one each of Midnight Hunt and Crimson Vow for shits and got completely opposite pulls. The Vow pack had three versions of Path of Peril :what: while the Midnight Hunt had a full art Meathook Massacre :hellyeah:

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think Remand gets my vote for favorite card. A lot of nostalgia packed into an almost 2-mana time walk.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My favorite card is Drowner of Secrets if only because I started playing in Lorwyn and was like 'this merfolk mill thing seems fun.' I will never forget a guy knocking the table over after he got milled out at my like 3rd or 4th FNM ever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kashuno posted:

My favorite card is Drowner of Secrets if only because I started playing in Lorwyn and was like 'this merfolk mill thing seems fun.' I will never forget a guy knocking the table over after he got milled out at my like 3rd or 4th FNM ever.

Dr Owner was a banger.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Being 9 years old at the time Revised came out, MTG was the coolest, craziest thing I had ever seen and nothing will ever quite top roasting my friends with my single copy of Shivan Dragon

I also have a deep love for this loving thing:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Planar Chaos Damnation is probably my favorite card because it perfectly nailed the flavor of the set.

Also because it's Wrath of God in Black.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I only started playing recently but I really like dragon's rage channeler. really cool design without being utterly busted like ragavan, enables a lot of really neat synergies and decks. I :love: darcy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

kalel posted:

I only started playing recently but I really like dragon's rage channeler. really cool design without being utterly busted like ragavan, enables a lot of really neat synergies and decks. I :love: darcy

Darcy kicks rear end

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

My favorite card is Howling Mine, it gets more cards for everyone which means more fun for everyone. I put all the copies I have in every deck in 1994.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Devil gang rise up- Hellrider from OG Innistrad block and Bedlam Reveler are both insanely cool cards

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

kalel posted:

It's stronger than Ragavan.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I have a soft spot for my old kitchen table deck when I was in high school, I'd drive my friends crazy by clogging up the board with recurring Bottle Gnomes while draining everyone with Subversion in multiplayer games. For some reason Bottle Gnomes was the card they were maddest about. Not Snuff Out, or Phyrexian Reclamation or Subversion.

my favorite EDH commander is Brion Stoutarm because I like to throw Serra Avatars and large Phyrexian Processor tokens, Moltensteel Dragons, and Keldon Battlewagons. Just the jankiest possible ways to 1-shot people, while also having stuff like board wipes, sunforger + toolkit, and a Godo + helm of the host combo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm having a hard time picking a favorite because my brain is exploding from the nostalga but I'm going to settle on Phyrexian Dreadnought, on balance.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

[banging on table]

ICY MANIPULATOR ICY MANIPULATOR

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Deviant posted:

[banging on table]

ICY MANIPULATOR ICY MANIPULATOR

Pointless without Royal Assassin

I think my 11-year-old playgroup banned that combo, because how were you going to beat it?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Devor posted:

Pointless without Royal Assassin

I think my 11-year-old playgroup banned that combo, because how were you going to beat it?

excuse me, i believe you mean Gaea's Liege.

Forests for everyone!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Also I love having shrines (my first ever deck :3: ) on Arena and can't wait for them to either suck in NEO or be hyperpushed and banned.

E: uploading to R/custom card now
Mountain Shrine
Enchantment Land -- Mountain Shrine
(T: Add R)

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

disaster pastor posted:

It's probably great for the game to have a Director of Play Programs who's so thin-skinned he's blocked a shitload of people on Twitter for saying that the horrible poo poo his buddy Owen admitted to doing was, in fact, horrible.

idea i just had to improve the thread: everyone goes back to doing james bond puns and all other posts are illegal to make

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

Also I love having shrines (my first ever deck :3: ) on Arena and can't wait for them to either suck in NEO or be hyperpushed and banned.

E: uploading to R/custom card now
Mountain Shrine
Enchantment Land -- Mountain Shrine
(T: Add R)

If wotc makes cool shrines in the KND Alchemy set I will be convinced that Alchemy is a good thing

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

plainswalker75 posted:

Being 9 years old at the time Revised came out, MTG was the coolest, craziest thing I had ever seen and nothing will ever quite top roasting my friends with my single copy of Shivan Dragon

I also have a deep love for this loving thing:

I'll still windmill slam a shivan dragon in draft in any set they want to reprint him in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In high school I played Type 1 mono black so I have a lot of nostalgia for Phyrexian Negator and Carnophage especially the art on both

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Arc Slogger is still my best boy.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Dark Ritual was, is and always will be my favorite card because it enabled so much gross poo poo back in the day. My favorite moment being the only turn 1 kill I've ever had (during Exodus standard): Lotus Petal > Swamp > Ritual x2 > Raging Goblin > Hatred for 19 gg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Pestilence, especially alongside a Cemetery Gate.