Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Firing one of their only remaining draws during a pandemic for not wanting to risk his compromised immune system would be simultaneously despicable and one of the funniest things WWE could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lamuella posted:

Firing one of their only remaining draws during a pandemic for not wanting to risk his compromised immune system would be simultaneously despicable and one of the funniest things WWE could do.

Windham Rotunda already got fired though.

I just assume he has a compromised immune system anyway.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lamuella posted:

is there a single person in wwe that'd be more baffling for them to fire than roman reigns?

edit: who isn't a mcmahon or married to one

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

flatluigi posted:

is there a single person in wwe that'd be more baffling for them to fire than roman reigns?

Brock

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flatluigi posted:

Probably just Brock or Cena at this point (if Cena is even still technically under any kind of deal). Maybe Becky?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Brock just recently signed back on after being off for no live touring so yeah Roman would be more baffling, but I think Becky would be an even bigger wtf

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I just heard Vince gets a cut of Cena’s movie money, is that true?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
We're going to find out Cena voluntarily gives Vince a percentage aren't we.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

not anymore, he switched his tribute to xi jinping

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Drakkel posted:

What is with wrestling fans and this psychotic obsession with LOYALTY? Like WWE has a single shred of loyalty to it's wrestlers as it fires them en masse so they can juice their numbers 0.5% on the quarterly balance sheet.

Listen, someday I'll be vindicated for liquidating my 401k into 8x10s of Fukigen Death

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Foresight is 20/20.

https://twitter.com/Zer0Cool6711/status/1245852827122987008

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
...did Dave even say that about Fish and O'Reilly?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1476046061403738113

continuing from the podcast thread over Punk v Orton we now have Punk wasnt influential for his lack of an athlete physique because of the trailblazers of average physiques in Benoit and Eddie.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

It's not just wrestling. I went on a deep dive of stories of terrible management on reddit and the common thread was businesses paying people too little and expecting cult like loyalty from people. Like seriously paying people minimum wage and then telling them they should show more appreciation for the opportunities they are given.

Yeah it's literally :capitalism:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1476046061403738113

continuing from the podcast thread over Punk v Orton we now have Punk wasnt influential for his lack of an athlete physique because of the trailblazers of average physiques in Benoit and Eddie.

There's a not-insignificant amount of wrestling fans in 2021 who would still unironically call this "an average build"

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Everyone who doesn't have a weird ping pong ball thing pop out of their bicep when they flex like Scott Steiner has an average build.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yeah, what the gently caress is that?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

edogawa rando posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress is that?

A peak for his freaks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/jamesie_2015/status/1476139642554658816

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm gonna think of 5 better opponents for Danielson off the top of my head

Omega
Lance Storm
Suzuki
Cena
Brock Lesnar

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Shard posted:

I'm gonna think of 5 better opponents for Danielson off the top of my head

Omega
Lance Storm
Suzuki
Cena
Brock Lesnar

Curry Man
CM Punk
Toru Yano
Homicide
Corporate Polluters

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just off the top of my head:

Morishima
Punk (mostly based on WWE too!)
Samoa Joe
KENTA
Sheamus
McGuinness
Seth Rollins
Austin Aries
Roderick Strong
Delirious

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can think of 5 better Danielson opponents just from his AEW run

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The "KEITH LEE WAS A PIECE OF poo poo ALWAYS ACTUALLY" takes have now begun.

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1475319519836921857

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JobberNationTV: THE REALITY CHECK FOR THE IWC

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think i prefer that Mark Destroyer guy who calls everyone "marky marks" and just seems to genuinely hate wrestling and the people who watch it

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Yeah lick the boot of the billionaire who fired you!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Between his Shibata takes and this I think this guy has some of the worst takes on twitter. He's one of those Britwres guys bigged up David Starr pre-speaking out and I think you see a lot of the resentment he feels about that coming out in everything else.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/JuraganTraktor/status/1476087418574966787

Okada, Naito, Punk and moxley not being close to being Hall of Famers sure is take

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

There are like 3 seeds of good points in here but then the sentences just keep going.

"I don't think Orton should go in the WON HOF"

"his entire career takes place in an era where booking has been mediocre to be kind about it"

"When he's motivated and on form he's a genuinely great pro wrestler"

That last one comes with a big caveat because I don't think he's ever been a great wrestler, but when he IS motivated and doing goofball poo poo he's at least entertaining. Sadly, that's only been about 6% of his career.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave sums up why Orton shouldn't go in here

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1476251798096605187

Also I think people are starting to turn around on Mistico's WWE run slowly. General opinion used to be that Mistico was also responsible for things not working whereas it's pretty clear that WWE was just being WWE

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If nothing else, the fact that they wouldn't let him use La Mistica as his finish was the thing I always saw as a big red flag. It's like the thing you could gif or send a YT clip to people to go "HOLY poo poo THIS GUY IS COOL" so of course WWE don't let him do it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also Re Orton - While it took a bit to parse Dave speak this is actually pretty damning for Orton's hall case

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1476247766003187713

Orton had more PPV shows that drew 10% less from the year before than drew 10% more. That's pretty bad

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
And the trampoline thing was dumb.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't think Randy Orton would be even a top 5 Danielson opponent of 2021, let alone all time.

E: poo poo, forget about 2021, he's not even in the top 5 Danielson opponents from these past three months.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 29, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't think Randy Orton would be even a top 5 Danielson opponent of 2021, let alone all time.

That's why it wasn't one of the three things I mentioned

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Randy Orton was a 6 or 7 that was pushed like a 10. Would not get my vote for a hall of fame.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ganso Bomb posted:

That's why it wasn't one of the three things I mentioned

I wasn't calling you out, I was responding to that guy's dumb take. Sorry if it came across the other way!

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

“when he’s motivated and on form”

funny, in other feds I can watch wrestlers who are so “motivated” to do their day job that it’s not a Notable Event that they finally put on their give-a-drat boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Randy Orton is me in high school.

Except the harassment stuff.

https://twitter.com/SnumbersV/status/1464398075473145857

There is a junior Meltzer Said What who is obsessed with the Book of the Year award.