Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Oh my god no one loving cares about gambling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Oh my god no one loving cares about gambling.

Wanna bet?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
8/1 does seem remarkably generous for a not poo poo Leicester side at home

If city win tonight feels like the league is wrapped up but I'm also mindful of peps greatest enemy, his own big baldy football brain, and his capacity to 3d chess himself out of a 9 point lead

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Google image search "pep guardiola angry" lends itself to some great photos

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
The idea that the 29th of December is "a working day" is bullshit. There should be matches at 12, 3, 5 and 8 every day until the new year, I don't care if people would have to play several times a day.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

the sex ghost posted:

8/1 does seem remarkably generous for a not poo poo Leicester side at home

If city win tonight feels like the league is wrapped up but I'm also mindful of peps greatest enemy, his own big baldy football brain, and his capacity to 3d chess himself out of a 9 point lead

Why do people always forget that betting odds are an indicator of nothing more than the opinions of a bunch of people dumb enough to be amused by Paddy Power adverts? I suppose at the very moment the book opens there's probably been some kind of stats looked at to set the price, but from that point on it's about as scientific as a Twitter poll.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I am consistently and regularly amused by paddy power adverts and do the moves alongside the main character crouchy

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Every possible outcome is 50/50.

It either happens or it doesn't.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
J “NF” T has taken a coaching role at Chelsea because he is in such high demand after his stint at Villa.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

hadji murad posted:

J “NF” T has taken a coaching role at Chelsea because he is in such high demand after his stint at Villa.

lol he's going to start a dressing-room revolt to get himself made manager

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
How is he gonna instill his teachings if half the players are foreign?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Weaponized Cum posted:

How is he gonna instill his teachings if half the players are foreign?

They are going to buy a load of Uruguayans

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Leicester had 3 of their starting back four out, odds don't look insane in that context

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Why do people always forget that betting odds are an indicator of nothing more than the opinions of a bunch of people dumb enough to be amused by Paddy Power adverts? I suppose at the very moment the book opens there's probably been some kind of stats looked at to set the price, but from that point on it's about as scientific as a Twitter poll.

sort of true but some markets, like the EPL, are extremely "efficient". which means that the closing price right before kickoff is generally very accurate in predicting the results, and there's not much room for bettors to profit--whatever bet they take. the premier league and the NFL are considered amongst the most efficient markets in the world

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EC10 posted:

sort of true but some markets, like the EPL, are extremely "efficient". which means that the closing price right before kickoff is generally very accurate in predicting the results, and there's not much room for bettors to profit--whatever bet they take. the premier league and the NFL are considered amongst the most efficient markets in the world

What are the least efficient, OP?

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

blue footed boobie posted:

What are the least efficient, OP?

unknown ones that dont have a lot of people betting on them (the biggest markets are generally going to be the most efficient ones)

i recently heard about some guy who crushes 2nd divison soccer for 10%+ roi. thats a rare case. my pro sports bettor friends target low single digit ROI's, and some of them avoid NFL altogether becauase they dont even think they can achieve that there

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:negative:

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

EC10 posted:

unknown ones that dont have a lot of people betting on them (the biggest markets are generally going to be the most efficient ones)

i recently heard about some guy who crushes 2nd divison soccer for 10%+ roi. thats a rare case. my pro sports bettor friends target low single digit ROI's, and some of them avoid NFL altogether becauase they dont even think they can achieve that there

no one gives a poo poo op, take your dumb gambling bullshit elsewhere. "professional gamblers" are without exemption terrible people who add nothing to society. it's bad enough that gambling is normalised in the UK and i guess the US, but there's no need to bring that poo poo into TRP.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

EC10 posted:

my pro sports bettor friends target low single digit ROI's, and some of them avoid NFL altogether becauase they dont even think they can achieve that there

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
"my pro bettor friends" is a phrase exclusively uttered by the absolute worst people that also want to talk to you about bitcoin

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

nawilo_420 posted:

"my pro bettor friends" is a phrase exclusively uttered by the absolute worst people that also want to talk to you about bitcoin

:hmmyes:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
You did ask him to elaborate

Everyone post about tonight's exciting footy action or I'm tapping the sign

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

nawilo_420 posted:

no one gives a poo poo op, take your dumb gambling bullshit elsewhere. "professional gamblers" are without exemption terrible people who add nothing to society. it's bad enough that gambling is normalised in the UK and i guess the US, but there's no need to bring that poo poo into TRP.

who the fook is this guy?

we pay taxes like the rest of society, go gently caress yourself

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

EC10 posted:

who the fook is this guy?

we pay taxes like the rest of society, go gently caress yourself

Hmm gee i wonder who nawilo could be...

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

leicester prevailing despite the odds being stacked 8 to 1 against them... if theres a more incredible story than that id sure like to hear it

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
just gently caress off if you are trying to weirdly shush grown adults talking on a sports forum about sports gambling because you dont understand the subject

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

everyone understands it, they just don't care at all

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

EC10 posted:

just gently caress off if you are trying to weirdly shush grown adults talking on a sports forum about sports gambling because you dont understand the subject

Hahahahahahahaaha,

Yes its totally because we dont understand it.

Has nothing to do with it being a lovely predatory industry.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

Everyone post about tonight's exciting footy action or I'm tapping the sign

Never thought I'd say this but where are the Chels fans

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

EC10 posted:

this is what "pro" gamblers actually believe

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

when the fun stops, stop

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

This will hopefully be him when Brentford save this season by absolutely robbing city with a 96th minute winner

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lukaku smashes a dude in the face so he starts bleeding and Mike Dean doesnt want to see it. Classic.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

TheRat posted:

Lukaku smashes a dude in the face so he starts bleeding and Mike Dean doesnt want to see it. Classic.

It's not a foul because Lukaku is big and the other dude is small and Lukaku just can't be held accountable for that you know!!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rudiger begging for a red there. Lucky fucker to get away with something that insane.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

nawilo_420 posted:

this is what "pro" gamblers actually believe

are you the same old man yelling at clouds poster who was putting "pro gambler" in quotes last time we kicked off about this?

because the fact that you do this is evidence of my statement

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jesus christ shut up

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Take your own advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Brentford get two good chances (one of them was a Dias bounding header backpass... thing) then Foden scores at the other end. This game sure is exciting at least