Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I suspect his rear broke loose once or twice, he thought “god drat I am the greatest,” and that post is just his mental image of what is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I remember the time I pushed the front and got a bit out of shape on a fat tyred 50cc and I felt that, surely, I must have looked like Marc Marquez from the outside. I practiced this extensively and eventually got a mate to come and watch me do it. His feedback was that, aside from entering the corner at an alarming speed, you can only see anything from the outside if you're standing right at the corner apex and even then it just looks like momentarily losing the front in a little wobble.

Otoh the first time I got a Harley sideways I thought it couldn't have been more than an inch out of line, got told later it was more like a whole foot.

It's moot anyway, even Marc himself would struggle to do that stuff on a bumpy road on a Strom. That guy is literally just taking advantage of his long travel suspension and lazy geometry and concluding he must be #93.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

lol a strom uses lovely damping rod forks. that guy didnt feel poo poo other than terrified.

probably had the oem tire from 2008 on it to boot.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

In a thread about internal combustion engines being phased out in California. For context, this is Colorado, where we have a gay governor.

quote:

Im sure princess jared will mandate this soon. Wait, he might think a mandate is what he does with his husband.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
The mandate pun is pretty good but obviously not in the negative way they intended.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

In a thread about internal combustion engines being phased out in California. For context, this is Colorado, where we have a gay governor.

I mean, hopefully? Being governor is a difficult job and it’s important to carve out quality time with your significant other.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I took a mandate with my riding buddy last week to see On Any Sunday in a theater and it was really good and important for our relationship. I hope Gov. Polis gets to have dates with his husband.

But uh
Do you know what gay men call a date?

A date.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 7, 2021

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I take attack helicopter dates with my wife on our DR BIG bike

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

mm. date night

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I'd totally date a guy if he'd roll up to me on a Dr Big and say 'Hey. Wanna ride?'.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I imagine there was at least one point in history where an actual doctor owned a doctor big, tried to go off-road, and got owned by his doctor big.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

In a thread about loud pipes that some dingaling resurrected after it was dormant for about 6 years:

quote:

Can we all just enjoy the beauty and joy of motorcycling and savour the goodness? :rayof:ricky

ps. What we need is more young women wearing JUST assless chaps.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I wonder where and when people started overcorrecting and calling chaps "assless chaps?" They are assless pants. If they had an rear end, they could not be called chaps. They would just be leather pants.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I maintain that pants should just be called pant.

You cant buy individual pants anymore, they've been one piece for 200 years, we can drop the plural.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

You cant buy individual pants anymore, they've been one piece for 200 years, we can drop the plural.

I think pant is in common use for upper crusty clothes companies.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Where are my pants?

You mean your assed chaps?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

It's a pair, hence plural

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

I wonder where and when people started overcorrecting and calling chaps "assless chaps?" They are assless pants. If they had an rear end, they could not be called chaps. They would just be leather pants.
It's an intensifier like a double negative. Language isn't math, especially English.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Slavvy posted:

What? No! This is like, completely and utterly wrong and will never work wtf??

Pants are a pair they don't do jack alone. None of this will work, what the christ.

Every post you make reinforces how badly out of your depth you are. Please go to a linguist.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Trousers (none of this pants nonsense) are singular in Dutch, the superior/inferior* language of the world.

*delete as appropriate.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

What about britches? Should it just be "britch?"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ought ten posted:

Pants are a pair they don't do jack alone. None of this will work, what the christ.

Every post you make reinforces how badly out of your depth you are. Please go to a linguist.

Those were two separate responses to two separate people.

And you could absolutely get individual pant legs back in the day :colbert:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

ought ten posted:

As someone who just read 3 other threads in the last 5 minutes to catch up, I understood and liked this post.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I like this crossover episode.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Les pants sont arrivés

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy is an AI trained on ADVRider posts

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I'm of the firm opinion that if the internet of today was available to it, Skynet would've nuked us day one, none of this "becoming self aware" horseshit.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Slavvy is an AI trained on ADVRider posts

What a terrible thing to say, my wife would've killed me years ago

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

What a terrible thing to say, my wife would've killed me years ago

I mean they're just killing us slowly anyway am I right or am I right
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I'm of the firm opinion that if the internet of today was available to it, Skynet would've nuked us day one, none of this "becoming self aware" horseshit.

The most realistic plot point of the Marvel movies is Ultron spending five seconds on the internet and deciding humans need deleting

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
All of these comments and nobody has mentioned that when you separate scissors you don't get a scissor and a scissor, you get two knives.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

quote:

God. Family. Motorcycles. Guns. Music. Books. Dogs. Work. Fighting Cultural Marxism. That about covers it.
Signature on a post. Yeah they sign their posts. He must be a pretty badass dude the way he nonchalantly capped his epic list with "that about covers it." He's the kind of guy who will be ready to go when the boogaloo starts. A leader of men.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Signature on a post. Yeah they sign their posts. He must be a pretty badass dude the way he nonchalantly capped his epic list with "that about covers it." He's the kind of guy who will be ready to go when the boogaloo starts. A leader of men.

Who the gently caress has dogs thinks they're important enough to put them on the list and then puts them seventh?

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

builds character posted:

Who the gently caress has dogs thinks they're important enough to put them on the list and then puts them seventh?

If that’s the order of priority on what he saves when his house is on fire, he’s gonna be eating BBQ dogs while reading his copy of Mein Kamf.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

In response to an explanation of how some animals in windy environments have very furry ears, which in part cuts down on wind noise so they can hear other things better:

quote:

Well that is very interesting. Might explain the profusion of ear hair that men sprout after 50 as hearing decreases, or possibly, to mute the auditory barrage that comes with marriage and all that entails.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

THE OL BALL AND CHAIN AMIRITE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

RIGHT GUYS???

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
The animals ear hair isn't an ear plug it's to diffuse the wind. And wind noise over an opening is nothing like audible noise from an outside source. This person went to great lengths to be bigoted and stupid.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coydog posted:

This person went to great lengths to be bigoted and stupid.

You know those billboards outside housing developments that say "if you lived here you'd be home by now"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ADVRider.txt - Growing ear hair to own my wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

My wife, who I chose to marry and hopefully spend the rest of my life wants to talk to me often. Fuckin women!