Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

StrangersInTheNight posted:

That's some addict poo poo, stealing something from your partner to satisfy your jonesin' and then not feeling any remorse whatsoever

Aside from the dead brother aspect it's pretty much what was going on with my ex-wife so she could pay for booze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

AITA for being annoyed by my FIL’s speech at Christmas dinner?

quote:

Background: My FIL (83M) is a retired chef. He dabbles in the industry by catering large in-home parties.

Consequently, every meal at my in-law’s house is a production. It drives all of the children/grandchildren crazy because it’s always so formal and time consuming.

He’s getting older, obviously, and it takes a serious physical toll on him to put on the spreads. We all try as much as we can to convince him to simplify the menu and let us help. Especially his two sons who learned to cook at his knee and my husband in particular is just as talented as he is.

No dice. Everything must be done by him with very little input by the rest of us. We do get in there and prep ingredients and wash up, but he insists on being there every step of the way and coordinating everything.

Cue this Christmas. My husband and I are moving back into the area next June, and every family member including the in-laws have been loudly cheering the fact we can move the family celebrations to our house next year.

Christmas dinner was so over the top in production time and effort it was silly. EVERYTHING on this list was from scratch:

Brisket and spare ribs (2 days prep time), Potato salad, Baked beans (32 hours prep time), Cole slaw, Salad, Deviled eggs, Texas toast, Ambrosia, Macaroni and cheese, Spice cake with maple frosting, Fudge, Chocolate chip cookies, Banana pudding

After prayer, he stood up and announced to the table that this was the last family meal he would prepare, and he is passing the wooden spoon (literally gave us a wooden spoon) to his son, my husband.

I haven’t said anything, but I’m sincerely annoyed. We have ALL been so excited about the fact that once we move we can gather at our house and wrest control over the kitchen away from him. His announcement turned our impending takeover of the family dinners from something we were eagerly looking forward to into something he was imposing. It didn’t sit well with me at all.

AITA?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"I have been wanting this thing for years but because my father in law is willingly stepping down instead of having it taken from him, I am upset."

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

teen witch posted:

I grew up there, so yes but god Christ no

Same, escaped at 21 after college and never looked back. Been out of Lon Gisland longer than I lived there but don't think you can really wash it off.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

"I have been wanting this thing for years but because my father in law is willingly stepping down instead of having it taken from him, I am upset."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Variable 5 posted:

What the hell kinda roasts are you making?

drat tasty ones if they're gone that quick

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

drat tasty ones if they're gone that quick

Yeah, that's why I want the details.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SirSamVimes posted:

Some times the court politics are more fun than the spoils you win from it

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for "tricking" my boyfriend into eating vegan

quote:

I (f21) am vegan and have been so for for several years. I started dating "John" (m22) about three and a half months. We've gotten along wonderfully except for this past issue. When we went out to dinner for the first time I told him I was vegan when ordering my dish and he just kind of went "oh, cool" and started talking about something else. It never really came up ever again as a point of discussion, though when he's come over and I've made lunch/dinner it's always been dishes. I've never tried to actively hide this from him. When he asked what we were having I'd say things like "burgers" and I assumed that he knew it would naturally be something like impossible burgers.

For Christmas neither of us could afford to travel home and neither are very close to our families so we had Christmas at my apartment and I cooked dinner, vegan lasagna. After dinner we were watching some cooking show and a contestant was making something with fake meat. John commented how he hated when dishes pretended to be meat when it was plant based and it was deceptive and gross and he would never eat that. I was naturally very confused and pointed out that he's eaten that several times. When he questioned me I explained that dinner had been entirely vegan with fake meat and every time he's eaten at my place it's been a vegan dish.

He got really mad. I'm trying to keep this post concise but he accused me of tricking him into eating something he found disgusting and "forcing" my diet on him. I said he was stupid for being mad at this and he said it would be the same as if he had tricked me into eating meat. I said it wasn't the same because I was morally opposed to eating meat but nobody was morally opposed to eating plants. We argued some more and he left and went home. He hasn't been over since.

Yesterday I texted him trying to smooth things over and hoping he's cooled down. He wrote a few paragraphs about how betrayed he felt. He said that he hoped I understood how disappointed he felt that I would tamper with his food like that, and that something like this was a serious betrayal of his trust. He said I should have disclosed that none of the food I ever made contained meat. He finished it by saying he would come over for New Years only if I apologized for lying to him. I got frustrated and said that I didn't lie, that this wasn't something I should apologize for, and he was being stupid and childish. He hasn't replied.

tl;dr: I've been cooking vegan dishes for my boyfriend thinking he knew they were vegan when he didn't. Now he's upset and accusing me of betraying his trust and messing with his food and demanding I apologize. But also I think he may have forgotten I was vegan from the first time I told him and I never brought it up again.

edit: Thank you for the responses! I didn't expect so many comments and it would be overwhelming to respond to them individually so I'm just going to make an edit here.

No, he's never helped me cook dinner. He usually waits in the living room and sets up a music playlist and sets the table and stuff. I don't mind that much, since my apartment is small and the kitchen might get kind of cramped. I find cooking really relaxing too and tend to zone out. He doesn't ask about it other than "what are we having?" and it's not discussed that much while we eat. If he had asked where I bought the ingredients or how I've prepared it it's not like I would lie and say it was real meat.

This is the first major fight we've had and I don't want to end such a great relationship over it, I just feel like no matter how much I try to explain my point of view he keeps trying to make me sound like a villain. I felt like I was going crazy because this is the first time he's made me feel like this. I don't think I'm going to cave and apologize for this though. If he wants to act like a baby then I think I just won't spend New Years with him. I'll just invite some of my other friends over and we'll watch Succession or something together.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Evil Willow posted:

I want to call fake on all the "tricked into eating vegan food" posts because I can't believe there are that many people under 50 who are morally opposed to eating An Vegetable, but I can't actually fathom who would be writing them or why.

Maybe there's just one guy out there who is intractably opposed to meat substitutes who just continually blunders into relationships with vegans like he's Sideshow Bob at a rake factory.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Funktastic posted:

As someone whose friend/roommate is incapable of not over-producing the everloving gently caress out of every single meal he makes, often making others wait an hour or more for something that could’ve been done in fifteen minutes, I would’ve literally stood up and started applauding

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Funktastic posted:

Brisket and spare ribs (2 days prep time), Potato salad, Baked beans (32 hours prep time), Cole slaw, Salad, Deviled eggs, Texas toast, Ambrosia, Macaroni and cheese, Spice cake with maple frosting, Fudge, Chocolate chip cookies, Banana pudding

So this is about 1 Italian grandmother's worth of Christmas food prep here, ngl it doesn't strike me as that over the top?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I want some of them 32 hour baked beans

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hawowanlawow posted:

I want some of them 32 hour baked beans

Beans worth not jeopardizing

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

the holy poopacy posted:

I want to call fake on all the "tricked into eating vegan food" posts because I can't believe there are that many people under 50 who are morally opposed to eating An Vegetable, but I can't actually fathom who would be writing them or why.

Maybe there's just one guy out there who is intractably opposed to meat substitutes who just continually blunders into relationships with vegans like he's Sideshow Bob at a rake factory.

Its definitely a thing in the States that any meal without meat is not a meal. A guy I knew through a vegetarian friend would hold cookouts and say "I don't serve rabbit food" when asking about lettuce to put on a burger. I was never sure what she ate there and he would constantly tease her that he had no food for her.

My stepdad would eat meat and some kind of potato at every meal, even when my mom would make a salad that wasn't just the poo poo you find in a bag at the store he wouldn't eat it.

Its for sure a thing and very little in these stories feels over the top.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone have the chicken sodomy story handy? Spoiler it, obvs, since it is pretty gnarly.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
...of, with, or by?

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Does anyone have the chicken sodomy story handy? Spoiler it, obvs, since it is pretty gnarly.

Wasn't it a carrot? I could be remembering wrong but I thought it was a woman dating a man who was paranoid and fearful of vegetables in like a psychotic way and when she brought some into the home for herself he snapped and attacked her? Something like that?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Long Island is how you say, "not good".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Variable 5 posted:

What the hell kinda roasts are you making?

Nothing fancy, I just get snack-ish and that protien takes a while to actually feel full so whatever goes in the fridge gets "just one piece"-d over far too short a timespan. I try to stick to things where I can cook just one portion at a time, but a nice roast is hard to cook a small version of and get all the fun crispy bits so I talk myself into it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

the holy poopacy posted:

Some people are entirely motivated by spite, some degree of oppositional defiance disorder and a pathological aversion to change. See also the big stinks about efficient light bulbs, electric cars, smartphones, the printing press, anything. The very idea that your personal lived experience isn't universal is alien and offensive. The dude in this specific story was so invested in meat being a crucial part of every meal that he never for a second considered that the meals he shared with his vegan girlfriend might be vegan, because that would involve thinking about another person's life from their perspective.

These people definitely exist, and they're quite numerous. I guess you'd call it Main Character Syndrome?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Funktastic posted:

32 hour baked beans? what the hell? this is all, like, minnesota circus people food. this isn't what chefs make. none of that has french names. ambrosia's main ingredient is sold in tubs.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Evil Willow posted:

I said it wasn't the same because … nobody was morally opposed to eating plants.

If Reddit has accomplished anything, it’s disproving this statement.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

32 hour baked beans? what the hell? this is all, like, minnesota circus people food. this isn't what chefs make. none of that has french names. ambrosia's main ingredient is sold in tubs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pay2WMEFHI

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I had a massive fight with my mom after what she said to my son and now my family is attacking me and I am wondering how to handle all these relationships

quote:

I am a mom (31f) and my husband (34m) and I currently have a little 6 year old boy and a 5 year old girl and I am currently pregnant with our son. I met my husband when "Christian" was 2 years old and "Anna" was 1 and their birth mom signed all rights away when Anna was born and passed away after drug addiction. I was able to meet the children when we got serious (it was much easier for me to join the family since the kids were so young and change was easier) and we eloped when we knew that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. I have always been "mom" to Christian and Anna and being their mother and hearing their little voices call me "mama" is one of the greatest pleasures of my life. I am in the process of adopting them just so that I have more rights in an emergency and won't lose them in case something happens to my husband.

We hosted Thanksgiving this year with my parents and siblings since I am pregnant and it would be a lot to travel with 2 young kids. We thought it would be a good bonding opportunity for the kids since my family lives across the country

To summarize, my mom ended up announcing that she was excited to be a grandma for the first time because being a "step"grandma is not the same. She told Christian that I would always love my future younger son more. Anna was thankfully not there when this was said

My little boy was heartbroken and I got really angry at my mom. I reassured my son that I love him, will always love him, and that I love him, his sister, his future brother, and his dad most in the world and that nothing will ever make me love any of my kids less than another one of my kids.

I told my mom that she needs to stay in a hotel and my dad went with her. My siblings told me that they understand my actions and would be angry if anyone hurt their kids, but they tried to explain my mom's side. We have older half-siblings from our dad that our mom loved very much but they ended up cutting us off because their mom made up a lot of things about us. My parents were devastated and I know they are still upset at losing their oldest kids and my mom has that fear about losing Christian and Anna because of this. I still think that there isn't any excuse for saying what she said to a child. My siblings aren't taking sides but others in my family are and are making it very clear to me

My son is still affected and we are working with an age appropriate therapist for him. My husband is being really strong during this because I am struggling really bad and is being an incredible husband and dad. He tells me that he will support whatever decision I make.

I don't know if I should give my mom another chance because Christian is still young and work with her through her feelings or if I should go no contact. I am scared she will treat our future son better and this will hurt Anna and Christian, the baby, their relationships with each other, and their relationships with us

I need help with deciding what to do

tldr: my mom was cruel to my son and I don't know how to proceed

:sever:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Always remember the words of Desmond Tutu when someone says "they're not picking a side."

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DemoneeHo posted:

I had a massive fight with my mom after what she said to my son and now my family is attacking me and I am wondering how to handle all these relationships

"She's just afraid of losing them so she won't love them and is ensuring she'll never meet her future biological grandchildren!"

So now she's losing all of them. Even if that's why she's like this, she needs therapy because she is destroying her own family by being enough of a shitter that she made a six year old need therapy.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Evil Willow posted:

From the title I assumed this would be a bait-post from the perspective of a strawman vegan, but nope, just another story about someone dating an oblivious rear end in a top hat.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

DemoneeHo posted:

Kill your mother. Poison your siblings. Salt the earth.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

DemoneeHo posted:

B-Rock452 posted:

Any of the ones where it involves a parent asking if they were an rear end in a top hat for standing up for their kids after some relative/stranger calls them a slur or says something just horrible to them I just don't understand why they didn't grab the offender and throw them through a door. Doesn't even have to be an open door. Still gonna go through it face first

When I was younger we went to a big family reunion and my mom and dad reemed out several relatives who put together a big slide show and purposely didn't include me or my siblings since we were adopted and then they left and took us to burger king and they haven't talked to those shitheads since.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for giving my MIL a fake copy of my house key and "exposing" her on Christmas dinner?

quote:

I wanna preface this by saying that I f34 married my husband m37 a year ago. His mom is snoopy and annoying af. She can't help it that is just how she is as my dear in laws say.

My husband and I purchased a new house recently. My MIL kept pushing to get an emergency key, She promised that she only use it in an emergency but giving the fact that she had an emergency key to our old apartment and walked in on us being intimate twice (but my husband didn't think it was big deal) I just couldn't trust her so I just sent her a fake key (after she kept pushing) and she had a smug on her face after I hand delivered it to her.

Days gone by and on Christmas dinner MIL angerily "called me out" on the fact I gave her a fake copy of the house key. She shamed me for doing this in front of everyone but in my defensive I asked her how she found out and she said days ago when she came over at 4 while my husband and were out. I reminded her "didn't you promise you wouldn't use it unless there's an emergency? So You tried to get in when there was no emergency and you broke the promise you made to us!" She looked red in the face and the other family started staring and some even laughed at her for the face she made. She suddenly got up from her seat and rushed into the kitchen where she had a huge meltdown so loud the next door neighbors must've heard - literally I've never heard a 60+ year old woman throw a tantrum like that. Needless to say dinner went awkward and my husband and his sister were giving me looks. My husband went off on me in the car and said I lied and manipulated and humiliated and exposed his mom and said he wouldn't have let me get away with it had he known. We had an argument and he is demanding I apologize to his mom for my childish behavior and for ruining Christmas dinner for the whole family.

AITA?

Eta so this went off unexpectedly and I thought I'd show my husband some pretty helpful comments I found here minutes ago but he got mad at me when he saw it and said I was nuts to talk about his family online. He demanded my phone so he could delete it but I refused and I went upstairs and into the bedroom. I never seen him so agitated and I didn't think he'd react like that honestly. But thank you guys for your support. It really means so much. I'll update if I can. Thanks again :)

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Mx. posted:

AITA for giving my MIL a fake copy of my house key and "exposing" her on Christmas dinner?

quote:

...He demanded my phone so he could delete it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXb0zcEM-rI

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

oh yeah OP should definitely run

redditor posted:

If she walked in when the two of you were intimate and he doesn’t care about that, your husband ain’t changing without some drastic moves on your end. He’s a momma’s boy, your MIL dominates the family, and everyone else is enabling her behavior.

OP posted:

He didn't care. He actually blamed me for it and then said I overreacted after I picked an argument with his mom about it and refused to let it go.

redditor posted:

What was possibly the logic to blame you for it?!

OP posted:

He blamed me one time for not locking the bedroom door which is something we never do and the second time for when she walked in on us making out in the living room. He said intimate stuff should happen in the bedroom just to be extra careful about people walking in aka his mom and saw no issue with her walking around in the apartment like she lived there.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

B-Rock452 posted:

When I was younger we went to a big family reunion and my mom and dad reemed out several relatives who put together a big slide show and purposely didn't include me or my siblings since we were adopted and then they left and took us to burger king and they haven't talked to those shitheads since.

Family isn't about who's got your eyes, it's about who's got your back.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

B-Rock452 posted:

hell yeah, burger king

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for demanding my girlfriend's sister to pay for the deer-head mount collection she threw away?

quote:

I M31 am into outdoors. I do lots of outdoor activities that mostly involve hunting/fishing and I'm a heavy animal product user. Recently I brought home a collection of real deer head mounts. Let me just say that they are real and they coshundreds of dollars to get. I hung them on the living room wall in my home and it really added dept to my country-style decoration.

My girlfriend's f27 sister f20 moved in with us weeks ago because of issues with her boyfriend. I was fine with it though my girlfriend didn't consult with me. She just moved her in.

Her sister is vegan and us against animal products being used in any capacity. She has criticized so many things that I do with many guilt trips and lectures about what an awful person I am to be cruel to animals. She has gone restless since she saw the deer head collection. She cried and begged I get them out of the house but I refused and told her to respect me and my home or she could go rent out or something.

Anyways I went on a work trip the week before Christmas and went I got back I found all the deer head collection missing. I freaked tf out my girlfriend said she took them down after her sister begged her because they were creeping her out and they put ithem in the garage. I checked the garage and they weren't there. I lost it and called her sister telling her to get home. After she got home she admitted to loading the entire collection in her friends car and getting rid of them. She explained that she did this because she knew I'd put them up again after I returned and went on about her sensitivity towards seeing "examples" of animal creulty and having to be around them. I shouted at her calling her nuts becaus those mounts literally caused hundreds. I demanded she tell me where she left the collection but she refused. I had enough I told her (1 she has to pay for the entire collection and (2 pack and leave my house. She left as my girlfriend and I started arguing. She tried to calm me down saying "we" will figure something out but I demanded her sister to pay for it all or this won't end well meaning I'm getting the law involved. Her brother who's a cop came to talk to me days later and asked that I let it go what his sister did was immature yes but also said it's not good idea to involve the law in family affairs since both my family and my girlfriend's family have always been on good terms but I've made it clear to him and his sister and my girlfriend that I have no problem suing.

The family are still trying to talk me out of it saying my girlfriends sister is having difficult times right now and said the bond both families have is worth it but it made me more stubborn. My girlfriend has gone silent. AITA?

If you didn't kill any of the deer yourself you're just a poser

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, remember that total nutjob who put pepper on his dick and talked about hypnosis in childbirth?

He uh... he said more things in the replies. Warning: A LOT OF WORDS THAT ARE VERY CRAZY

quote:

Honestly? I think this is above everyone's pay grade here. I honestly think you should be speaking with a therapist at this point. This is not flippant.

Your contempt of women is extremely concerning and I don't think that can be addressed by random people here. Addressing women by the idea that they just exist to have children is alarming. Stop posting in awful anti-women communities online, is something you should do immediately.

Nutjob posted:

I don't say women exist just to have children. I say that a child is the ultimate symbol of love since it means that one wants another instance of one's partners genes on the planet instead of not caring whether the partner dies out.

People who don't want children are alarming. They just want a relationship because they cannot find a real friend and think that being married to someone will fix it. They are just showing love to not be alone at old age. One should love oneself before one can love someone else. Planning to not fulfill one's basic needs of reproduction (defined by Maslow) doesn't sound like self love to me.

They value sex over what comes out of sex.

They are egoistic and, if they see their partner just as a good partner and not a mother, they see themselves just as a partner and not as a father

I plan on how to be a good father since I am 16.

I know that one will love one's own genes more than a stranger one's that one started to have sex with a few years ago, which is why I can say with certainty that I will care for my children more than for my spouse and that is just honest and what everyone does. One does not have to gaslight to be romantic.

While you will try to distort that information and say that I do not love my spouse if I want children, I might say that by loving the 50% of the spouse's DNA that are the children, I make my spouse immortal. And that I am one of those men who even don't care if they are stay at home dads or the ones who persue a career to be there for their wife financially (if both have the same goal of forming a team to create the best offsprings possible)

If the wife is selfish though and jealous of the attention that I would give to her children, I think that she might not a good mother and thus not be a good partner for me

Don't think of yourself as your body or brain, but think of yourself as of your DNA. You are a branch of life, that might be immortal, your body is just an execution of your implementation and will surely die one day.

I do still want to love my spouse in 200 years. How selfish.

Your love converges to zero if you calculate the average over time

The way you define love is meaningless into my eyes (and to the eyes of mother nature and time) but it doesn't matter since even if I show you the truth you might not be able to grasp the bigger picture despite having a highly functional brain.

I do understand and respect your point of view though if you are a childless 40yo

quote:

please do a favor to all of society and never procreate cos the way you view literally anything are the ramblings of an insane, possibly sociopathic person. if you want any actual advice, leave your girlfriend and look into getting some sort of psychological evaluation done.

Nutjob posted:

You sound sociopathic, telling other people to die. Your advice holds true for yourself.

I really hope you could stop telling people to die and work on yourself

Only because one is not average in one's thinking does not mean that one is wrong. Please respect the world and respect life

quote:

where did i tell you to die? i told you to not have kids. are you unable to read on top of being otherwise deranged.

Nutjob posted:

I am like a living branch of a tree. I was once a bacterium and once a plant, 60 Mio years ago a mouse and 100k years ago a monkey and now I am a human, in 200 years a cyborg, in 2000 years a robot.

Everything that I needed to remember from my journey, I wrote down using DNA.

You want my journey to stop, you said that you wished me to die out.

You are deranged for thinking that you are your body or that people need to think like everyone else.

If that was the case people would still believe, that the earth was flat, like the church told them.

People who told something different were killed, similar to what you wish to me.

I can proof that the earth is not flat using simple experiments, just like I can proof that your world view of you dying when your body dies being wrong (if you did reproduce before)

Just think of it that way, what makes you you? Is it the decisions you made or the DNA?

Would a monkey that sits in school for 10 years make the same decisions as you afterwards?

The thing that makes you you is mostly your DNA. If you look at how people behave really closely you will at one point maybe realize what of that behavior is learned behavior and what is instinctive (passed via DNA) behavior

The scary thing is how much information is passed via instincts.

For example birds that are able to open milk cartons have children that are able to, while birds of the same race of a neighboring city are not.

Maybe the way you open the fridge when you are hungry or the way you remove the hook from a fish's mouth when you go fishing isn't behavior that you learned. It came out of the DNA.

Your DNA is what makes you you. DNA can survive forever.

Metal atoms split after 60 million years. Storing data in metal is not forever.

Having your DNA mirrored in many living individuals and then combining it to adapt the data storage container to the environment can last forever.

So why should the thing that makes me die? Because you don't like opinions that are far from the mainstream?

40% of men procreate so statistically the men following the mainstream die out.

You should learn from me how to accept not being normal and how to be proud of what makes you you. After all, that is what a therapist would teach anyways, if you would let him/her therapy you

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Hey, remember that total nutjob who put pepper on his dick and talked about hypnosis in childbirth?

He uh... he said more things in the replies. Warning: A LOT OF WORDS THAT ARE VERY CRAZY

It would be really funny to take this rigid creepy robot man and put him in (supervised) charge of a group of first graders for a day of school, and see how he talks about wanting children on the other end lol.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Grape posted:

It would be really funny to take this rigid creepy robot man and put him in (supervised) charge of a group of first graders for a day of school, and see how he talks about wanting children on the other end lol.

Grimdark Kindergarten Cop is…something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Piell posted:

AITA for demanding my girlfriend's sister to pay for the deer-head mount collection she threw away?

If you didn't kill any of the deer yourself you're just a poser

He is a poser but this can definitely be filed as a "nom nom this hand that feeds me is so delicious" story.