Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wheeee posted:

im permabanned poster aiteestomper58. i first started reading sandiawisdom when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "telepathy" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "tk tk" and "Cjcj whh" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "telepathic" style of official first contact was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" sandiawisdom to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

the rabbit hole goes deeper than you know, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Wheeee posted:

im permabanned poster aiteestomper58. i first started reading sandiawisdom when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "telepathy" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "tk tk" and "Cjcj whh" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "telepathic" style of official first contact was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" sandiawisdom to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

On this, I just finished a collection of Allen Ginsberg's poetry and in one, entitled Wichita Vortex Sutra, Sandia Mtn got namechecked as a site for clandestine activity and I sagely nodded in recognition of this fact

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

pissinthewind posted:

shes probably an AI

ai-tease

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Wait, why are we suddenly mad at Su now?

Edit: did she goatse someone on the astral plane?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

nobody is mad at the harmless hippie lady

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I think folks are just riffing I certainly don't hate her don't even know her

First Contact could be more obvious I guess

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

On this, I just finished a collection of Allen Ginsberg's poetry and in one, entitled Wichita Vortex Sutra, Sandia Mtn got namechecked as a site for clandestine activity and I sagely nodded in recognition of this fact

Allen Ginsberg was literally a card carrying member of NAMBLA

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

Allen Ginsberg was literally a card carrying member of NAMBLA

I am aware. He hardly hides those feelings after all. But he was also a significant figure in 20th Century poetry.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Oh okay maybe I misread.

It's gonna turn out that for First Contact they took out a full page ad in one of those magazines that is in the dentist office that nobody reads and then wonder why nobody called or showed up at the rendezvous point.

"Those magazines are everywhere, they must be sacred!"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Zarin posted:

Oh okay maybe I misread.

It's gonna turn out that for First Contact they took out a full page ad in one of those magazines that is in the dentist office that nobody reads and then wonder why nobody called or showed up at the rendezvous point.

"Those magazines are everywhere, they must be sacred!"

what like Highlights?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

This afternoon, the Webb team successfully extended the observatory’s Deployable Tower Assembly (DTA), creating critical distance between the two halves of the spacecraft.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

pissinthewind posted:

shes probably an AI

That would be a better reveal than an actual extraterrestrial.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

life is no man'ss sky, we are the gek, and we are meeting the Korvax

i am a traveller tapping her foot waiting for arbitrary and overly long timers to finish so she can ride around in a fleshy testicle

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Riot Bimbo posted:

we are the gex

aitee in boy george's pants

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

SavageGentleman posted:

What did they do? Did Radar show you his hat collection?

Legit post: after doing the pnti meditation primer excercises a few times in earnest, I had two hyper clear dreams (felt very lucid but could not manipulate the dream in any way) where a group of small white/grey beings were inquiring about a few of the 'cool facts about me' I sent with the telepathic invite for communication.
Turns out I know WAY less about potatos than I advertised...

What are these exercises? Anybody got a link?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
lit: The P’nuti Experience
poo poo: The Gateway Experience

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Also, the launch went so well that it extended Webb's lifespan considerably :toot:

https://twitter.com/NASAWebb/status/1476194840018890756?t=2WniGNdGLzWtgkviiomiMA&s=19

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

radar on the streets. jrooti in the sheets

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*is very comfortably running a very stable life program*

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

*is very comfortably running a very stable life program*

"ahh, yet another day off"

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Wheeee posted:

nobody is mad at the harmless hippie lady

I'm stoned so now I feel bad for even making fun of her, I bet she's happier than I am

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

y'all talk about dreams

couple of times a week i used to get hyper-real dreams passively observing myself doing things but inevitably dying at the end and waking up.

been getting fewer as time passes, though

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

welcome to the fae tricks

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm stoned so now I feel bad for even making fun of her, I bet she's happier than I am

buddy we’re posting in cspam, she’s probably happier than most of us

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Decided to meditate. Haven't done so in a long while; not properly anyway. I sat down in my dark room, closed my eyes, and managed to quiet my mind enough to start generating shapes based on thought form and ecstatic prayer. By the time I was done I was nearly hysterical, and the sphere of light I'd been focusing had many droplets of light orbiting it and pulsating around it. Then i opened my eyes and saw a faint pulsing radiation from a central point, roughly where i had been focusing.

Meditation is cool y'all

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Riot Bimbo posted:

Decided to meditate. Haven't done so in a long while; not properly anyway. I sat down in my dark room, closed my eyes, and managed to quiet my mind enough to start generating shapes based on thought form and ecstatic prayer. By the time I was done I was nearly hysterical, and the sphere of light I'd been focusing had many droplets of light orbiting it and pulsating around it. Then i opened my eyes and saw a faint pulsing radiation from a central point, roughly where i had been focusing.

Meditation is cool y'all

post this in the anime forum

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Goku was an ET when you think about it.

Goku was also a semi-divine saviour too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Goku.

Edit: Goku meditated.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Goku was an ET when you think about it.

Goku was also a semi-divine saviour too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Goku.

Edit: Goku meditated.

:goku:

Melatonin didn't do anything to increase dreaming vividness or retention but knocked me out for a solid 9 hours. :stoked:

Think last night I had to explain catholic doctrine, which I did poorly being raised American Evangelical, then had a quest dream to get to a bit sale on booze/lottery tickets on foot at a major highway interchange. If Pnuttys are just slumming it and needed me for a beer run I'll be pretty dissapointed

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Bilirubin posted:

:goku:

Melatonin didn't do anything to increase dreaming vividness or retention but knocked me out for a solid 9 hours. :stoked:

Think last night I had to explain catholic doctrine, which I did poorly being raised American Evangelical, then had a quest dream to get to a bit sale on booze/lottery tickets on foot at a major highway interchange. If Pnuttys are just slumming it and needed me for a beer run I'll be pretty dissapointed

how many mg did you take? higher doses are actually bad for sleep because your dreams get too intense and wake you up. I take it every night and always take half a tablet. sometimes I gently caress up and take too much and end up with hyper realistic dreams (if my weed tolerance gets too high and it no longer blocks dreaming)

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 18:06 on Dec 30, 2021

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

down 2 astral

today i had a dream about birds, where a very large pair of peafowl, a male and female, lived nearby. They were the rare emerald kind, not the usual kind. Anyway they would fly around and refuse to get close, and also did their loud calls and took enormous shits. This is clearly a message about disclosure

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Marzzle posted:

how many mg did you take? higher doses are actually bad for sleep because your dreams get too intense and wake you up. I take it every night and always take half a tablet. sometimes I gently caress up and take too much and end up with hyper realistic dreams (if my weed tolerance gets too high and it no longer blocks dreaming)

just 5 mg. I also rarely do more weed than a light hit or two off an indica cart fwiw

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Bilirubin posted:

just 5 mg. I also rarely do more weed than a light hit or two off an indica cart fwiw

double or quadruple up, don't do any weed and it'll likely increase your chances of seeing hosed up stuff in dreams

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Bilirubin posted:

Man, I so want melatonin to work on me but even that amount gives me hosed up crazy dreams that wake me up when I just want deep sleep

Even 3 mg

I know they say you should actually take 0.3 mg or something crazy small like that, but I can't be bothered to keep ordering it at great expense from the States (you can't buy it OTC in the UK)

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

get the smallest dose you can find and take half. I'd suggest taking a quarter but it's really hard to quarter tablets. sleep is highly individual but then again so is every psychoactive substance

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
there's Zarbee's gummy melatonin for kids that I sometimes take. each one is 1mg (adult version is 3mg). any more than that and I get weird dreams and/or wake up with a headache.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Marzzle posted:

get the smallest dose you can find and take half. I'd suggest taking a quarter but it's really hard to quarter tablets. sleep is highly individual but then again so is every psychoactive substance

I did get a pillcutter recently, I could at least half it and go with 1.5 mg I suppose

neutral milf hotel posted:

there's Zarbee's gummy melatonin for kids that I sometimes take. each one is 1mg (adult version is 3mg). any more than that and I get weird dreams and/or wake up with a headache.

Nah, no more cross-Atlantic shipping for something that's probably not going to help for awhile, I think. I've done that a lot with various supplements and noots, and really they've never been worth the money

Thanks tho

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

im hemisphering on the gateway rn

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I think I've tried just about every brand and dose of melatonin on the market, and this low dose one on Amazon is the best I've found.

I too like hosed up dreams and these don't do that for me, but they do make it easier to fall asleep.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

LOL posted in the wrong thread

Anyways, it would be nice if aliens were real because we're hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if I take melatonin it takes me like 8 extra hours to feel like i'm actually awake, just hardcore grogginess for most of the following day