Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

There's a fast food chain in California called Farmerboys that does that poo poo. Every ring, you get the workers in the back saying thank you, but you hear the low morale in their voices. I don't blame them.

loving clap for essential workers rear end country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol realizing we now have a Santa surplus.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
every time motherfuckers on the internet talk about how to beat a piss test, I thank god I dont live in whatever hellhole you do

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
When you give a tip at fatburger everyone says "Fat Tip".

I like people saying fat tip.

The system works.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sorry

Sterf has issued a correction as of 03:39 on Dec 29, 2021

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Sterf posted:

I still don't know what to do about my situation. I want to help this person but I don't know how. I don't care about a funny fictitious santa surplus or shortage. I would love a world without assholes. Starting to think you are just all assholes.

source you`re quotes

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Weatherman posted:

source you`re quotes

Doesn't matter, sorry for being combatative. Doesn't help anyone.
Wish it would go both ways though sometimes. I really just wanted someone to listen to something I had to say. Best not to start by being an rear end in a top hat I guess.

I had a person give me a hosed up new year's card and a 400 euro gift to go with it. I just want to know how to pay that fucker back.

I really regret even trying to be a person here

Sterf has issued a correction as of 03:37 on Dec 29, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sterf posted:

Doesn't matter, sorry for being combatative. Doesn't help anyone.
Wish it would go both ways though sometimes. I really just wanted someone to listen to something I had to say. Best not to start by being an rear end in a top hat I guess.

I had a person give me a hosed up new year's card and a 400 euro gift to go with it. I just want to know how to pay that fucker back.

I really regret even trying to be a person here

Go to E/N. Make a thread. Shout into the void. It's what it's there for.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Go to E/N. Make a thread. Shout into the void. It's what it's there for.

You're right

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

I would think that should go pretty well with capitalism.png.

I'm an idiot, no need to point it out to me, just to be in front of that. I will never engage into any kind of discussion after this. I might just not be up to this :-)

Just thought it was relevant.

Sterf has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Dec 29, 2021

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I think working in a warehouse is just really unpleasant op. It's not much of a mystery.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sterf posted:

I would think that should go pretty well with capitalism.png.

I'm an idiot, no need to point it out to me, just to be in front of that. I will never engage into any kind of discussion after this. I might just not be up to this :-)

Just thought it was relevant.

I don't think you're an idiot, friend. I think you just happened to put your post at the bottom of a page and a lot of people missed it, and the people who saw it (like me) didn't really know what to think of it besides "huh." I really do hope you work out something with your weird violent mystery gifter but man I don't know what to do either.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

^
thank you

Sterf has issued a correction as of 04:40 on Dec 29, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

I think working in a warehouse is just really unpleasant op. It's not much of a mystery.

It's fine per se.

Also writing without a proper surface and possibly in a cramped/awkward space results in writing like that.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
give the 4g thing to a buynothing group, criag's list, or homeless shelter. lots of unhoused people could use it. if you want to give more, include a prepaid data SIM of some kind. glhf

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

i am harry posted:

U come at the synthetic piss king, u best not miss

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I just want you to be able to enjoy your life smoking weed :glomp:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Wife needs some magnets for a thing she's making and found this delightful amazon review:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2LLX49OATJCBH

quote:

Very concerning. Glad I held off for now!

I purchased these to check out the “magnet test” on several of my Vaxxed friends. It quickly proved that this “jab” isn’t a virus according to any of the 10 Nuremberg virus codes and appears to be nothing more than an addition of “metal nano-particles” as my conspiracy friends stated. I hated that they were right! These stuck to every single person that got the shot.

I believe I’ll hold off until it’s actually approved by the FDA as more than for ‘experimental use only’. Scary stuff!

5 stars out of 5, the magnets stuck to the nanomachines in my friends and proved i'm not crazy

24 people found this helpful

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
This review made me honestly think about buying a $200 cube of tungsten

quote:

This Cube Cured my Mortality
Reviewed in the United States on November 8, 2019
All the people here who bought this wireless tungsten cube to admire its surreal heft have precisely the wrong mindset. I, in my exalted wisdom and unbridled ambition, bought this cube to become fully accustomed to the intensity of its density, to make its weight bearable and in fact normal to me, so that all the world around me may fade into a fluffy arena of gravitational inconsequence. And it has worked, to profound success. I have carried the tungsten with me, have grown attached to the downward pull of its small form, its desire to be one with the floor. This force has become so normal to me that lifting any other object now feels like lifting cotton candy, or a fluffy pillow. Big burly manly men who pump iron now seem to me as little children who raise mere aluminum.

I can hardly remember the days before I became a man of tungsten. How distant those days seem now, how burdened by the apparent heaviness of everyday objects. I laugh at the philistines who still operate in a world devoid of tungsten, their shoulders thin and unempowered by the experience of bearing tungsten. Ha, what fools, blissful in their ignorance, anesthetized by their lack of meaningful struggle, devoid of passion.

Nietzsche once said that a man who has a why can bear almost any how. But a man who has a tungsten cube can bear any object less dense, and all this talk of why and how becomes unnecessary.

Schopenhauer once said that every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world. Tungsten expands the limits of a man’s field of vision by showing him an example of increased density, in comparison to which the everyday objects to which he was formerly accustomed gain a light and airy quality. Who can lament the tragedy of life, when surrounded by such lightweight objects? Who can cry in a world of styrofoam and cushions?

Have you yet understood? This is no ordinary metal. In this metal is the alchemical potential to transform your world, by transforming your expectations. Those who have not yet held the cube in their hands and mouths will not understand, for they still live in a world of normal density, like Plato’s cave dwellers. Those who have opened their mind to the density of tungsten will shift their expectations of weight and density accordingly.

To give this cube a rating of anything less than five stars would be to condemn life itself. Who am I, as a mere mortal, to judge the most compact of all affordable materials? No. I say gratefully to whichever grand being may have created this universe: good job on the tungsten. It sure is dense.

I sit here with my tungsten cube, transcendent above death itself. For insofar as this tungsten cube will last forever, I am in the presence of immortality.
1,550 people found this helpful

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Nuremberg virus codes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Nuremberg virus codes

Yeah, and the vaccine is not a virus as determined by any of the 10 nuremberg virus codes. What more do you want?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

have they started the Nuremberg Human Trials yet

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Forceholy posted:

There's a fast food chain in California called Farmerboys that does that poo poo. Every ring, you get the workers in the back saying thank you, but you hear the low morale in their voices. I don't blame them.

place i used to go did this, but the bartender would ring the bell to notify the kitchen staff that someone had bought them a round of beers for the end of their shift -- as this was a menu option

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Forceholy posted:

femboy farmboys ???

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

femboy farmboys ???

I'm glad I'm not the only person who read it like that somehow

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
https://www.businessinsider.com/doordash-employee-making-400k-complains-about-one-delivery-a-month-2021-12?amp

quote:

HOMEPAGE

HOME TECH
A DoorDash employee making $400K a year complained about a company-wide initiative requiring that he personally make one delivery a month
Huileng Tan Dec 28, 2021, 11:34 PM

A DoorDash rider with his bike and delivery pack on his back exiting a NYC restaurant in winter.
DoorDash is making all its employees — even the CEO — work as delivery drivers at least once a month. Noam Galai/Getty Images
DoorDash is reinstating its WeDash program.
The program requires staff — including the CEO — to work as delivery drivers at least once a month.
One employee who said they make $400K a year vented on social media about having to do the program.

The delivery service DoorDash is making all its employees — even the CEO — deliver at least once a month, but not everyone is happy about the initiative, and some employees have turned to an anonymous employee social platform to vent.

Under its WeDash program, employees — including those in DoorDash's corporate offices — must serve as delivery drivers at least once a month. If they can't deliver, they can choose other experiences, such as shadowing customer-service staff.

WeDash is the company's flagship employee-engagement program, which aims to have workers "learn firsthand how the technology products we build empower local economies, which in turn helps us build a better product," a DoorDash spokesperson said.

One DoorDash employee who reported a total annual compensation of $400,000 complained about the DoorDash initiative on the anonymous employee social platform Blind in a post titled "Doordash making engineers deliver food."

"Mandatory 'WeDash' starts from next year. You need to dash once a month. WILL BE TRACKED IN PERFORMANCE REVIEWS!! What the actual gently caress? I didn't sign up for this, there was nothing in the offer letter/job description about this," the post said. 

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

"experiences"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Look man to you this may just be a lovely job, to me this is a life experience to learn lessons from

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
– even the CEO –

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

they should unionize

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I don't, on paper, disagree with making all employees do the real labor that actually generates wealth for an organization.

To make a "productivity manager" or whatever other white collar psychopath live under their own evil schemes to dehumanize is a necessary corrective to their lack of empathy.

But I doubt the motives of a corporation in doing so.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The problem is that the vast, vast majority of people who work at doordash know it sucks to be a dasher and have zero loving control over that. Even for like really fiddly poo poo like "oh when you do this in the app it takes a second and a half longer than it should", if you go to your boss and say "hey we should fix how annoying this screen is" they're just going to say "ok but how does that increase the KPI that control my bonuses" and you'll say "It won't it'll make everyone who works for us's lives less miserable" and they'll say "ok i'll look into it" and that's the end of that. Making like 10s of thousands of people experience a hell that they personally administer but have no control over is.. uh... well, it's something. I don't know if it's good or bad. It just mainly seems dumbfounding. It's probably good in that it will force people to look at that and decide they don't want to maintain the gig economy anymore.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

aperfectcirclefan posted:

https://www.businessinsider.com/doordash-employee-making-400k-complains-about-one-delivery-a-month-2021-12?amp

"Mandatory 'WeDash' starts from next year. You need to dash once a month. WILL BE TRACKED IN PERFORMANCE REVIEWS!! What the actual gently caress? I didn't sign up for this, there was nothing in the offer letter/job description about this," the post said.

Oh no! Maybe you’ll loving die from the experience! :pray:

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
It's different for people who make a poo poo ton more than the bottom, but I have been specifically told by management, at a restaurant, that "we pay you too much to stay behind an extra half hour help wash dishes" to get the back of the house out quicker at the end of the night and I only made a 1.50 more an hour than the absent dishwasher. At the same time the people in my position would not wash dishes at all when asked because "That's not what I'm paid to do." and we had been horribly understaffed and basically laying all that pressure on the majority immigrant kitchen staff.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dish detail should be rotated when needed. That rotation should include a 10 minute break to smoke half a joint or hit a dab pen by the dumpster.

gently caress doing dishes not stoned.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Restaurants should be replaced by government funded cafeterias that serve fresh, well-rounded, nutritious meals to all who show up, where everyone takes a turn doing every job including serving, dishwashing, cooking, and cleaning the bathrooms

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Restaurants should be replaced by government funded cafeterias that serve fresh, well-rounded, nutritious meals to all who show up, where everyone takes a turn doing every job including serving, dishwashing, cooking, and cleaning the bathrooms

There was a dollop episode on a restaurant that worked like that in LA at the turn of the century.

LAPD put a stop to that.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Doordash making engineers deliver food

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
During ww2 and up until 1947 the British ministry of food ran 2,000 non-profit restaurants . It's a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

During ww2 and up until 1947 the British ministry of food ran 2,000 non-profit restaurants . It's a good idea.

No need. It turns out most restaurants are nonprofits anyways.