Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Flayer posted:

Swear down some of the posts in this thread are as stupid and ill informed as gammon conspiracy theories on Facebook, except from a different angle. It does show how careful you have to be about information you receive, even amongst friends

I was explaining a joke ya daft edjit.

Edit: bit harsh on my first go around, just got a positive Covid result so a wee bit annoyed. Sorry I called you a prick.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

josh04 posted:

I don't understand how you can hear "Ghislaine Maxwell was a Reddit supermoderator with a billion karma" and not immediately know deep in your soul that it's completely, 100% true.

I feel like stones marked "haha pedo mod" are ones we shouldn't be flinging around the Something Awful Glass House.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

learnincurve posted:

if some of those pictures of him partying with teenage girls as an old man hit the papers and news instead of the internet he would be even more done than he is now

The one picture that I know about, and the one she tweeted, was of him when he was 45 and working at Fox News. The 'teenage girl' he has his arm around was 10 years younger and a fellow work colleague. They openly dated for a couple of years.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I feel like stones marked "haha pedo mod" are ones we shouldn't be flinging around the Something Awful Glass House.

The issue I often take with that analogy is that it presumes the stone thrower cares about the integrity of the house rather than living for the sheer joy of destruction.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Seem to remember her very specifically @ing him, with a screenshot of the black book with his name in it, saying something about what he got up to on Epstein's plane, the implication being very clear

Honestly it sounds like a pretty clear-cut case to me

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

josh04 posted:

I don't understand how you can hear "Ghislaine Maxwell was a Reddit supermoderator with a billion karma" and not immediately know deep in your soul that it's completely, 100% true.
It's more the dog whistle that REDDIT IS A PEDOPHILE SITE that reminds me of pizzagate and the whole Hillary is a pedophile thing.

I don't doubt that Ghislaine posted on Reddit.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Did I miss something. I thought it was just "haha domestic abuser founder".

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Borrovan posted:

Seem to remember her very specifically @ing him, with a screenshot of the black book with his name in it, saying something about what he got up to on Epstein's plane, the implication being very clear

Exactly this ^^^

This is what she posted:

I hate having to defend someone like Andrew Neil, but he's in the right here. Not everyone in that little black book were child abusers, as it contained contact details of nearly every influential person - including Andrew Neil. She made a clear implication, and I hope he takes her to the loving cleaners. lol

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Borrovan posted:

This isn't true. iirc it's not the case that you technically have to go, but if you don't the Court will just order you to & it's a big hassle so in reality yeah you need to go.

Huh, you question my friendly advice? Come on, next you'll be saying that you shouldn't trust the legal advice of internet strangers? :monocle:

And yes, seconding the advice never to talk to police. See a rape-murder next door? Keep mum, loose lips sink ships and so on.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Reddit had numerous paedophile subreddits that the admins refused to do anything about for years.

And Hilary certainly could be a paedophile, she certainly had enough Reddit mods at her daughter's wedding.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Flayer posted:

It's more the dog whistle that REDDIT IS A PEDOPHILE SITE that reminds me of pizzagate and the whole Hillary is a pedophile thing.

Reddit... literally was a paedophile site though, it had whole subreddits devoted to posting pictures of it under names like r/jailbait etc.

The degree to which it has gone to purge that content is not something I can be specific about because I have never used the thing but I am pretty sure that stuff is pretty easy to verify?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Flayer posted:

If Comet Pizza had protested about the free speech implications of removing the jailbait section of their menu as much as reddit did then there'd probably be something to the conspiracy.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Borrovan posted:

Yeah, the black book is pretty much just a Who's Who of the fairly narrow social strata of people who attended big-ticket fundraisers in New York in the 90s and early 00s. Now these are a cohort who are dodgy for all sorts of social and political reasons but there's no implication they were even vaguely aware of what Epstein was up to.

Now people who have multiple entries, strongly suggesting they were in fairly regular contact with Epstein (and Maxwell) need a lot more looking at, and the ones with multiple entries in the flight logs (including two former presidents of the United States) should probably just be named as co-conspirators because there's more than enough testimony from people who did fly on the plane of just how loving weird the whole setup was that if you were either willing to overlook it to keep close to Epstein, or it just didn't seem weird at all, that really does speak volumes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Flayer posted:

It took years for r/jailbait & similar loving gross pages to get banned from that site. Years. I'm sorry, but Reddit earned it's rep.

fuctifino posted:

Exactly this ^^^

This is what she posted:

I hate having to defend someone like Andrew Neil, but he's in the right here. Not everyone in that little black book were child abusers, as it contained contact details of nearly every influential person - including Andrew Neil. She made a clear implication, and I hope he takes her to the loving cleaners. lol

Nah, I hope he loses because he's a oval office.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also what is "reddit is a nonce website" supposed to be a dog whistle for because I just mean it literally is one, it doesn't mean anything else just that it's full of nonces.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Z the IVth posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2472

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Nenonen posted:

And yes, seconding the advice never to talk to police. See a rape-murder next door? Keep mum, loose lips sink ships and so on.
Convenient how you deleted the part of my post with the "unless ... or w/e", huh

& why am I not surprised to hear pig apologia from you lmao

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

"At least SOMEBODY out there is making us look good"

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Z the IVth posted:

The TVIV mod was a big pedo and the other mods new and kept it quiet.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Borrovan posted:

Convenient how you deleted the part of my post with the "unless ... or w/e", huh

& why am I not surprised to hear pig apologia from you lmao

David Cameron alt spotted

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
actually reddit is an ephebophile website, a very important distinction because- [twenty police smash through the window and seize my hard drive]

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Angepain posted:

actually reddit is an ephebophile website, a very important distinction because- [twenty police smash through the window and seize my hard drive]
\

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
I can imagine that Ghislaine Maxwell's trial had some evidence directly taken from her posts on r/relationshipadvice.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

i mean if it was an irish person what did it then that's not inconsistent with having plenty of respect for their country

i'm not condoning it, i'm just being pedantic

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Remember the army veteran who spilled a yogurt down himself and claimed that he got milkshaked by antifa and then it turned out that his only army heroics was beating unarmed civilians in Belfast? Maybe it was him that sprayed the memorial too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would personally start by speaking to anybody named Ira in the vicinity, seems suspicious to me.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I would personally start by speaking to anybody named Ira in the vicinity, seems suspicious to me.

That podcast fella always seemed like a wrong ‘un

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
They’re just trying to tell Americans to invest wisely for their retirement. What better way to do that than by literally advertising on a man most famous for being old?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Reminds me of a classic 80s conspiracy

quote:

For several months rumors have circulated in Britain and the U.S. that McDonald's, the fast-food chain, has given financial support to the Irish Republican Army through Noraid, the I.R.A.'s North American fund-raising group. McDonald's itself couldn't figure where the implausible charge came from, and denied it flatly at every opportunity. But the rumor, and the mystery, persisted.

Now The Economist of London has tracked it down. One of its sleuths discovered that, some time back, on a financial talk show carried by the Cable News Network, McDonald's was cited for its generosity in contributing to employees' Individual Retirement Accounts - commonly called I.R.A.'s on this side of the Atlantic. But CNN can be viewed overseas now, via satellite, and in Britain I.R.A. means something else entirely.

Mystery solved. Rumor quashed. But not the cautionary question: Is the world really ready for modern telecommunications?

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Lol at

quote:

But not the cautionary question: Is the world really ready for modern telecommunications?

because some people got the wrong end of the stick via satellite TV.

Reminds me of the first pedestrian killed by a car (?) and someone saying "this must never happen again"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I think we can now conclusively say that no, the world was not ready

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tbf how much better would the world be if we'd banned cars back then

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

OwlFancier posted:

Reddit... literally was a paedophile site though, it had whole subreddits devoted to posting pictures of it under names like r/jailbait etc.

The degree to which it has gone to purge that content is not something I can be specific about because I have never used the thing but I am pretty sure that stuff is pretty easy to verify?

I don't use it so I don't know exactly but i understand it was a full purge. Some of the same people might use it now, but not for noncing.

They got a new ceo in who fired every "but muh free speech" staffer and banned loads and loads of users.

They wanted to take it mainstream and IPO, which they did

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The speed of modern communications would have it become "McDonald's makes burgers out of Protestant babies" by the evening and then it'd be back across the other side of the ocean and group of Evangelical Trump supporters would try shooting their way into the basement of their corporate office.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bobstar posted:

Lol at

Reminds me of the first pedestrian killed by a car (?) and someone saying "this must never happen again"

Don't know about the car thing but I have to say the evidence of the last ten years is very much "No, the world is not ready for global communications". We need to go back to international communications being done by boat, or at least like Australia in the 80s, a UUCP backup on a tape on the Monday Quantas flight from California to Sydney.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Don't know about the car thing but I have to say the evidence of the last ten years is very much "No, the world is not ready for global communications". We need to go back to international communications being done by boat, or at least like Australia in the 80s, a UUCP backup on a tape on the Monday Quantas flight from California to Sydney.

My post may have been readable both ways but that was my point - they (commenter on satellite TV and car person) were right, but lol at them thinking that was terrible, when we have seen what was to come.

Dabir posted:

Tbf how much better would the world be if we'd banned cars back then

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Andrew Neil is the most Saville vibed motherfucker on the planet.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
When the Omagh bomb happened back in 1998, my family and I first heard of it on CNN, even though we lived a few mile away from it.
The local NI BBC were just watching CNN and parroting what they were saying for a few hours until they had someone on the scene, or when the footage of the aftermath came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Bobstar posted:

Lol at

A woman was struck by a motor taxi at the Crystal Palace in 1896 - she was the first recorded pedestrian killed by a car in the UK. It was the Croydon coroner who said he hoped "such a thing would never happen again".