Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

bagmonkey posted:

In 2022, I'm on a mission to try every available med and rec cart brand in Michigan. I've already tried a ton of different ones, but this will be the year I try all of them and decide which ones rock and which ones can suck my rear end

I need to be really trying this in Colorado too. I've figured out which brands use the cheap generic carts that clog up all the time, at least. So, basically, Sesh cartridges can suck my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sesh in general is disappointing.

Not looking forward to the new medical laws coming this weekend to Colorado. I wonder if METRC ever got up to a reasonable downtime %, because that poo poo was awful for plant tracking a few years ago, and now everyone gets to have their sales tracked by it.

Also the 8g/day concentrate limit can go gently caress itself. I don't want to make multiple trips to the front range a month for cheap wax, poo poo's 3x the price here in the valley.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Protocol7 posted:

I need to be really trying this in Colorado too. I've figured out which brands use the cheap generic carts that clog up all the time, at least. So, basically, Sesh cartridges can suck my rear end

Yep, this is exactly what I'm doing. A bunch of brands changed hardware due to the pandemic and I want to see who's using shittier hardware these days. Also wanting to try some of the brands that do whole plant extracts, full spectrum, etc. This was motivated by being disappointed in my Stiiizy purchase like a month ago. poo poo was fine but meh overall

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
VFire pods are the only ones I've liked that are not 510 thread so far. Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiizy can suck my rear end, Gio pods are just weird, haven't tried Pax Era or Maxx pods yet. I am just trying hard to not have to actually pay for dumbass proprietary batteries

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
pax pods have a nicer draw, but I don’t think they’re really that much more reliable than a good 510 thing. Apple banned the app, so the whole “let the maker tell you optimal voltage” gimmick might be a pain.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Also the 8g/day concentrate limit can go gently caress itself. I don't want to make multiple trips to the front range a month for cheap wax, poo poo's 3x the price here in the valley.

I emailed the proponents behind this bill and asked if they intended to propose similar measures against high-potency alcoholic beverages and linked to the NIAAA's page about underage drinking (seeing as the bill is basically "think of the children") and just crickets so far, so that's fun.

Thankfully I think about 8g was the max I'd buy in a day, but it's still extremely stupid. Teenagers buying dabs and overdosing is obviously such an endemic problem :rolleye:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Doctors here are telling each other scary stories about concentrates causing seizures

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Protocol7 posted:

I emailed the proponents behind this bill and asked if they intended to propose similar measures against high-potency alcoholic beverages and linked to the NIAAA's page about underage drinking (seeing as the bill is basically "think of the children") and just crickets so far, so that's fun.

Thankfully I think about 8g was the max I'd buy in a day, but it's still extremely stupid. Teenagers buying dabs and overdosing is obviously such an endemic problem :rolleye:

Nice. Next send an email about gambling app advertising.

The 8g limit hits me because it's 5 hours round trip to buy good concentrates for $20/g instead of lovely crumble for $30/g locally. It's about making as few trips as possible for me, save gas money.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

in terms of 510 carts ive found that Bloom Farms and Raw Garden seem to be the nicest quality. Heavy Hitters the worst. that's in California, i dont think the same brands are available in different states

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

in terms of 510 carts ive found that Bloom Farms and Raw Garden seem to be the nicest quality. Heavy Hitters the worst. that's in California, i dont think the same brands are available in different states

There are a handful of crossovers in MI, like Platinum and Stiiizy. We also have a few dispensaries that have locations in other states, so we sometimes get their house stuff too

But yeah, we do not get your good poo poo. I fuckin' wish we did

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

There are a handful of crossovers in MI, like Platinum and Stiiizy. We also have a few dispensaries that have locations in other states, so we sometimes get their house stuff too

But yeah, we do not get your good poo poo. I fuckin' wish we did

CA has good poo poo but high prices. i dont know about MI, but last time i went up to OR i could find many of the same products (or similar quality) for half the price or less. they also have way more dispensaries

that was pre-pandemic though, not sure if its still the case

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

bagmonkey posted:

Yep, this is exactly what I'm doing. A bunch of brands changed hardware due to the pandemic and I want to see who's using shittier hardware these days. Also wanting to try some of the brands that do whole plant extracts, full spectrum, etc. This was motivated by being disappointed in my Stiiizy purchase like a month ago. poo poo was fine but meh overall

We’ve stopped using stiizy for the moment because the pods kept leaking or wouldn’t hit

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

skooma512 posted:

We’ve stopped using stiizy for the moment because the pods kept leaking or wouldn’t hit

The last one I had left what felt like 5+ hits just chillin' in the bottom, not doing anything. Just has always felt super overhyped to me

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i avoid non-510 vapes/carts entirely because its a new and somewhat tumultuous industry and any of these companies with proprietary "pod systems" or whatever can crash and burn at any time, so it seems better to stick with a universal type. plus there's just a lot more variety

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Cresco remains my gold standard for 510 cartridges out here in the Midwest.
I've tried Airopro pods (the battery stick vibrates when you draw on it) and PAX Pods and the gimmick for each of them is okay but nothing really novel.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Video Nasty posted:

I've tried Airopro pods (the battery stick vibrates when you draw on it)

what is the point of that? :confused:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Guess it's a little feedback in case there's a clog. My pen lights up on a "successful" draw.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

i avoid non-510 vapes/carts entirely because its a new and somewhat tumultuous industry and any of these companies with proprietary "pod systems" or whatever can crash and burn at any time, so it seems better to stick with a universal type. plus there's just a lot more variety

That's why I try to get all of my batteries as part of a promo. Less invested in sticking things out, but still have the battery available. But yeah, I'm done with non-510 thread. I will try Pax but that's about it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My current favorite brand is Monster Xtracts, I really really love the Cherry Blossom strain, super good poo poo and tasty to boot

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
My home internet has been out all morning. Gonna smoke a weed about it

Edit: Smoked a weed and now my internet is back up. Coincidence? :thunk:

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 28, 2021

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Protocol7 posted:

My home internet has been out all morning. Gonna smoke a weed about it

Powerful IT advice itt

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Protocol7 posted:

:backtowork:

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Scornful Sexbot posted:

Powerful IT advice itt

When I was working from home, half of my ticket resolutions should have been "took ticket, smoked a bowl, called customer, issue had already resolved itself" but I wanted to keep getting money so I just told lies instead

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Have you tried turning on again

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Any problem I have, smoking weed usually resolves it some how.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

my brother accidentally outed me as a weed smoker in front of my parents this christmas; he left some wrapped gifts for me because he'd be gone by the time I arrived and one of them was a standard farms dart pod lol. I have a card and he does too and they already knew about his so they were cool with it once I came clean but I about had a panic attack once I realized what it was as I was tearing off the wrapping paper. Currently sitting in their guest room vaping said dart pod now :c00l:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

my brother accidentally outed me as a weed smoker in front of my parents this christmas; he left some wrapped gifts for me because he'd be gone by the time I arrived and one of them was a standard farms dart pod lol. I have a card and he does too and they already knew about his so they were cool with it once I came clean but I about had a panic attack once I realized what it was as I was tearing off the wrapping paper. Currently sitting in their guest room vaping said dart pod now :c00l:

Smoking and hanging out with my parents has been fuckin' awesome, congrats!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
My parents know and my MIL knows but my FIL is kinda one of those old-school conservative types so :shrug:

My mom also has a med card and she thought it pertinent to inform my grandmother of this at Thanksgiving which was a bit of a head scratcher, but I don’t really care if she knows. It was just more of a “uhhh, yeah, okay, anyway” type situation

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Protocol7 posted:

that's science baby

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The handful of older weed smokers in my family are an uncle and some second cousins. The weed smokers in my generation aren't much higher. I can probably think of half a dozen people in my entire extended family I would smoke with, but everyone in the family knows I smoke.

I don't give a single, solitary gently caress about their opinions on weed. I would stand in front of any of their homes smoking a joint to get through the encounter, even smile and wave to the catty assholes in the window pointing me out to the other catty assholes.

The bulk of my family is christian/catholic conservatives, there's no winning them over, so I'm not going to waste my time trying.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My whole family knows at this point and we smoke together semi-often. My mom and I smoke pretty much any time we're together, shocker

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

ymmv with the pax pods but I found them to be hit or miss. they can definitely clog, especially when the cart gets low and you leave it for a couple days. i like to have a few carts available and switch between strains so this became a pain in the rear end when I wanted a hit and felt like i was trying to siphon gas. sometimes it would clog between hits if I left it for 10 minutes or so

when the battery got below 60% or so it would start giving me very wispy and weak hits. it only takes like 20 minutes to charge so this wasn't a huge problem, and I had the original era so I don't know if they improved it in the new model

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my dad smokes weed and sometimes i give him some weed as a present but i dont smoke with him because he only gets high when he watches movies and he has the worst taste in movies of almost anyone i know. kevin costner is is favorite actor

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Critical posted:

ymmv with the pax pods but I found them to be hit or miss. they can definitely clog, especially when the cart gets low and you leave it for a couple days. i like to have a few carts available and switch between strains so this became a pain in the rear end when I wanted a hit and felt like i was trying to siphon gas. sometimes it would clog between hits if I left it for 10 minutes or so

when the battery got below 60% or so it would start giving me very wispy and weak hits. it only takes like 20 minutes to charge so this wasn't a huge problem, and I had the original era so I don't know if they improved it in the new model

I find my Era Pro has the same issue when it hits 2 lights worth of charge left. My Jack's Widow pod had a clog so bad it made an audible pop when I cleared it.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

My Edge died a few days ago, ordered a Rogue and it arrived today.

First day with it and unsurprisingly I'm very happy with it. Are the capsules different for the Rogue? The ones from my Edge are a loose fit.

Interestingly I had bought some half inch basket screens awhile ago seeing if they fit the Edge, they didn't, but they do in fact fit the slightly larger bowl of the Rogue!

These things...

If you don't have the capsules, they work a treat. Fill the diameter of the bowl but not the depth so depends on the bowl size you want but they are nice and cheap at least.

Done a few bowls this way and I will attest to its effectiveness.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

those basket screens are awesome for elbowpacking the arizer v tower as well

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Sedgr posted:

Are the capsules different for the Rogue? The ones from my Edge are a loose fit.

They are, the Rogue has a bigger chamber and thus the Rogue capsules are larger in diameter.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
A friend gave us some weed for xmas unprompted, which is funny because I had been thinking about trying it again. Was never really a smoker and beyond a few drags at house parties haven't really done it for 15 years. My wife hasn't smoked since Uni.

We spent xmas eve hosed up, watching poo poo films and having fun. Managed to put the world out of my mind for a few hours and very much enjoyed the respite from the aches and twinges of my impending middle age.

A+ will go again.

EDIT: goons I'm just rolling it into spliffs with some tobacco like it's 2003 rn - whats the 2020s way to smoke a weed?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

ReelBigLizard posted:

EDIT: goons I'm just rolling it into spliffs with some tobacco like it's 2003 rn - whats the 2020s way to smoke a weed?

Congrats on free weed!

Same as that but no tobacco because that's gross unless you're a brit or aussie then ok I guess.

Use a dynavap and an ispire magic wand to heat it and go to space anywhwhere, anytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I was smoking spliffs with my bro the other night (brits, so tobacco+weed)

I don't smoke tobacco (or weed, I usually vaporise it) so I didn't get a lot out of it, the bad nicotine headrush and disorientation was mostly masking the good weed feelings