Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Lol if you haven't worked in the er and had a patient code walking in, during triage, or brought in by vehicle and either coding or overdosed. Or just dropped off at the door and left to loving die.

Hell my one buddy did CPR on a patient whose wife brought him in by car and directed her to the bulance bay while performing CPR in a small sedan over the passenger seat. He's also 6 foot 2 and I still don't understand how he did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

crepeface posted:

because 1) they were simple and clear 2) they applied to everyone (not just "bad" areas) 3) they actually worked because of 1 and 2.
From what I've seen and lived through with lockdowns, these seem to be the three key things. When there's confusion about the rules things breakdown, when there's exceptions that don't immediately make sense people start questioning all the rules, and if the lockdown isn't working, or there is no stated realistic end goal apathy just sets in. Although I guess the 4th would be a majority of people actually agree with the lock down and following the rules to start with.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Hell my one buddy did CPR on a patient whose wife brought him in by car and directed her to the bulance bay while performing CPR in a small sedan over the passenger seat. He's also 6 foot 2 and I still don't understand how he did it

And that patient’s name was Albert Einstein!!! :dumbbravo:

Let’s stay on topic, please.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Seems like Australia finally remembered they're part of the cursed Anglosphere

https://twitter.com/lukehgomes/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

brugroffil posted:

Australia restricts home tests not because of capitalism or something but because they want to closely track cases. They always make you test in a way your results are closely recorded. They never let you test in a way at home where you might just not tell anyone the results.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Denmark - 30 December

A few less cases today than yesterday, and if the 5-day lag holds it may drop again tomorrow and a couple days before the effect of New Years Eve parties kicks in.

pre:
Denmark Covid Cases
-----------------------------------
Dec 30 21,403 new cases, 1123 reinfections, 178 new hospitalizations (665 total), 75 ICU (-2), 50 Vent (-2),  9 dead
Dec 29 23,228 new cases, 1205 reinfections, 173 new hospitalizations (675 total), 77 ICU (+6), 52 Vent (+2), 16 dead
Dec 28 13,000 new cases,  670 reinfections, 177 new hospitalizations (666 total), 71 ICU (+1), 50 Vent (+4), 14 dead
Dec 27 16,164 new cases,  639 reinfections, 115 new hospitalizations (608 total), 70 ICU (-1), 46 Vent (-2),  7 dead
Dec 26 14,844 new cases,  644 reinfections, 123 new hospitalizations (579 total), 71 ICU (-2), 43 Vent (+1), 13 dead
Dec 25 10,027 new cases,  463 reinfections,  86 new hospitalizations (522 total), 73 ICU (-1), 44 Vent (+5), 10 dead
Dec 24 11,229 new cases,  527 reinfections, 134 new hospitalizations (509 total), 74 ICU (+2), 39 vent (+1), 14 dead
Dec 23 12,487 new cases,  613 reinfections, 158 new hospitalizations (541 total), 72 ICU (+6), 38 vent (+1), 15 dead
Dec 22 13,386 new cases,  531 reinfections, 126 new hospitalizations (524 total), 66 ICU (-1), 37 vent (+2), 14 dead 
Dec 21 13,558 new cases,  501 reinfections, 121 new hospitalizations (526 total), 67 ICU (+1), 35 vent (+2), 17 dead
Dec 20 10,082 new cases,  (no reinf. data),  85 new hospitalizations (581 total), 66 ICU (+3), 33 vent (-2),  8 dead
Dec 19 8,212
Dec 18 8,594
Dec 17 11,194
Dec 16 9,999
Dec 15 8,773
From rkkp.dk, who track ICU bed availability in Denmark (https://www.rkkp.dk/kvalitetsdatabaser/databaser/dansk-intensiv-database/resultater/)

pre:
20 December - 317 ICU beds, 60 COVID, 59 available
13 December - 319 ICU beds, 64 COVID, 39 available
6 December  - 310 ICU beds, 67 COVID, 10 available <-- squeaky bum time here
29 November - 318 ICU beds, 61 COVID, 25 available
In early 2021, Denmark had 400 ICU beds available, and a combination of ramping down to 340 or so, plus a strike by Danish nurses in July that resulted in the government ending the strike has probably been the cause of a drop to under 320 beds nationally. From the stats it is clear that non-COVID ICU patient counts have been lowered, resulting in more free ICU beds.

Since yesterday, rates per 100,000 population.

pre:
                                  Unvaccinated              Partial           Full                           Unvaccinated    Partial    Full
30 DEC    New cases:                     409.2                391.5          345.5    Hospitalizations:              39.4       21.1    8.9
29 DEC    New cases:                     443.6                446.0          377.4    Hospitalizations:              40.1       18.5    9.1
28 DEC    New cases:                     237.3                208.2          210.2    Hospitalizations:              40.5       16.9    8.6
27 DEC    New cases:                     304.4                324.9          263.3    Hospitalizations:              40.0       15.8    7.8
26 DEC    New cases:                     310.4                274.9          241.2    Hospitalizations:              39.0       15.4    7.3
25 DEC    New cases:                     181.6                162.1          161.5    Hospitalizations:              33.9       16.0    6.8
24 DEC    New cases:                     184.1                173.0          182.1    Hospitalizations:              34.5       14.9    7.1
23 DEC    New cases:                     237.1                202.6          197.9    Hospitalizations:              35.4       16.2    7.5
22 DEC    New cases:                     257.1                198.1          211.7    Hospitalizations:              34.2       15.3    7.3
21 DEC    New cases:                     270.1                226.2          207.8    Hospitalizations:              32.9       14.3    7.5

Report on PCR tests for Omicron as a percentage of variant tests hit various levels on various days:
pre:
1.77% on 1 December
4.8% on 6 December
10.17% on 8 December
22.06% on 12 December
37.97% on 14 December
50% on 17 December
60% on 20 December
70% on 21 December
76% on 22 December
79.31% on 23 December (only 29 tests though)
84% on 26 December
86% on 27 December

Sources:
https://covid19.ssi.dk/overvagningsdata/download-fil-med-overvaagningdata
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/242ec2acc014456295189631586f1d26
https://covid19.ssi.dk/virusvarianter/delta-pcr

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Dec 30, 2021

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the ssi data for the last week are worrying because they don’t make any sense. pandemics don’t grow in this fits and starts way during the exponential phase. there’s something wrong with the data collection and I assume the hubbub coming out about hospitalization data validity means we’ll probably see forced methodological changes over the next week or two.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Australia restricts home tests not because of capitalism or something but because they want to closely track cases. They always make you test in a way your results are closely recorded. They never let you test in a way at home where you might just not tell anyone the results.

Not true for 2 months now; an absolute eternity on our timeline of surrendering to the virus. The quote is directly referencing business buying stock only to suddenly have government deliver them for free, as interpreted

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

freebooter posted:

This makes Taiwan one of two (2) major countries successfully continuing a COVID-zero policy. Last year there were six, and four of them were brought undone by Delta. What will the end of 2022 look like?

During the Omicron outbreak in “what can you do” US vs objectively handling covid better China and Taiwan:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1476348049404436485?s=20

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1476362758975336448?s=20

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1476370565871161346?s=20

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1476374780051927044?s=20

Meanwhile China hasn’t even had close to that number the entire time covid has been spreading: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china/

Same for Taiwan: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/taiwan/

Sometimes it sounds like posters WANT China and Taiwan to fail.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
https://twitter.com/miamalan/status/1476535918781734912

Interesting stuff on Omicron, in terms of a demonstration of its reduction in severity compared to Delta/Alpha, other than in under 20s where they doesn't seem to be a reduction in severity at all (though, this will be at a much lower base than the rest of the populatoin at large)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

brugroffil posted:

jesus christ. dunno if you're aware, but today, the PM recently redefined what counts as a 'close contact'

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/30/what-are-the-new-rules-in-australia-on-covid-isolation-close-contacts-and-testing

quote:

“Except in exceptional circumstances, a close contact is a household contact or ‘household-like’ of a confirmed case only. A household contact is someone who lives with a case or has spent more than four hours with them in a house, accommodation or care facility setting,” Morrison said.

work next to someone in an office for 8 hours? no longer a close contact! in a school class room or at a club or concert? not a close contact!

quote:

If I am not a close contact, can I still get tested?
No – unless you are a close contact or have symptoms, you will not be able to get a free PCR test in the way that has been normal practice for the past two years. Morrison made clear the intention was to reduce the number of people in queues for PCR tests, although it is unclear how many of those people fall into the category of what he called “the worried well”.

“If you don’t fulfil this definition of a close contact then there is no need for you to be in that line,” Morrison said. “You should go home. Go to the beach, go and do what you want to do. Read a book in the park. Follow all the normal, commonsense things that you would do, monitor your symptoms, follow the Covid-safe practices, make sure you have booked for your booster, do all of those sorts of things – but there is no need for you to be in that line.”

quote:

What is the aim of the change?
Testing sites on the east coast and in South Australia have been swamped, causing immense queues to be tested and delaying results in some cases for many days. In many parts of the country rapid antigen tests have also been in short supply.

our testing was getting swamped so to fix this... they reduced the amount of people eligible for free testing. now we know ~business interests~ were involved

edit: here's what president of the Australian Medical Association's opinion btw

https://twitter.com/amapresident/status/1476090643877220352?s=20

also it goes without saying that owlofcc is wrong and everyone should definitely not listen to what they say

crepeface fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 30, 2021

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Weasling Weasel posted:

https://twitter.com/miamalan/status/1476535918781734912

Interesting stuff on Omicron, in terms of a demonstration of its reduction in severity compared to Delta/Alpha, other than in under 20s where they doesn't seem to be a reduction in severity at all (though, this will be at a much lower base than the rest of the populatoin at large)

The statistic used seems really weird: "The proportion of hospitalised individuals aged <20 years who had severe disease was 22.5% (69/306), 23.0% (37/161) and 20.4% (172/844) in the three waves. "

Like it specifically being hospitalized patients feels weird. Like what does that statistic intuitively mean? Is there a world where 100% of patients hospitalized with covid are not severe? why are they hospitalized at all then? Is it a with/of thing where they are just random kids in the hospital getting covid incidentally and the stat is "well if you are sick enough to be in the hospital you have about a 1/5th chance of falling severely ill if you get covid". Or is it like, hospitalized of covid and the hospitals like to keep around 80% of the beds open for less critical but still bad cases and it's just a policy thing?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Don't confuse "please shut the gently caress up about China already" with hoping for them to fail.

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I don't want China to fail, but I sure as gently caress don't want to live in an authoritarian hell-state either.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pastamania posted:

I don't want China to fail, but I sure as gently caress don't want to live in an authoritarian hell-state either.

great news, we can die in a freedom soaked covid wasteland instead

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

New strategy to defeat Covid:
✓Defeat Covid
✓Roaming bands of unarmed pro-lockdown Americans enforcing zero-Covid policy
✓Harden our defenses

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

Don't confuse "please shut the gently caress up about China already" with hoping for them to fail.

Taiwan is also doing their part and succeeding.

Pastamania posted:

Congrats on not living in the US.

OBCD
Apr 12, 2005
I am responsible for more than 6.8% of the world's healthcare costs.

Judakel posted:

You're right. I misremembered one of their countless errors. I do have some clue what I am talking about with regards to handling covid, though. After all, China is a success.

Do you actually believe this? Where are you located globally? Because regionally it doesn't seem like China even believes China is a success. There's a reason Xi has clamped down on everything, and it's not because he's being celebrated at home. Chinese growth has sunk into the danger zone, the real estate market has begin it's collapse (which was the middle to high income driver) and the continued lockdowns are not because Xi loves his people but because he can't admit that the chinese vaccines suck and he needs to go elsewhere to protect people. Like I get it we all hate capitalism but this is really stupid fellatio we're giving to china.

To be clear, they absolutely are a success if your goal is lowest possible pandemic deaths. And I think that's an admiral goal generally. But that only works as lowest possible suffering/total deaths if you include massive financial support, which China has largely not seen.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

lil poopendorfer posted:

And that patient’s name was Albert Einstein!!! :dumbbravo:

Let’s stay on topic, please.

Go gently caress off back to the poo poo hole thread you came from

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

OBCD posted:

To be clear, they absolutely are a success if your goal is lowest possible pandemic deaths. And I think that's an admiral goal generally. But that only works as lowest possible suffering/total deaths if you include massive financial support, which China has largely not seen.

This is unlike the US who has provided plenty of covid related financial support to citizens for over 2 years, totaling…$2200 for each citizen. Oops.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

dwarf74 posted:

The only reason Certain Individuals would like Others to shut the gently caress up about China is because China proves that a better world is possible for all the “nothing can be done to prevent mass death” crowd. Very interesting to see how this crowd has pivoted to a lot of the same lines regurgitated by MAGA swine, including…

“People in the hospital are there incidentally.”

“Cases don’t matter. Where are the deaths?? Where are the hospitalizations??”

“How old were they?? What are their comorbidities?? Did they get a booster??” (in response to any post about vaccinated people dying.

“COVID is now just a bad flu to the vaccinated!”

Nevermind the constant dehumanization of the unvaccinated, thousands of whom are dying daily. Our hospital system is on the brink of collapse and our government has abdicated all responsibility for managing this pandemic as it actively encourages businesses to throw people into the meat grinder, but yes let’s focus on how AWFUL and AUTHORITARIAN China’s response has been.

It’s stomach churning how sociopathic some posts here are.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Gio posted:

The only reason Certain Individuals would like Others to shut the gently caress up about China is because China proves that a better world is possible for all the “nothing can be done to prevent mass death” crowd. Very interesting to see how this crowd has pivoted to a lot of the same lines regurgitated by MAGA swine, including…

“People in the hospital are there incidentally.”

“Cases don’t matter. Where are the deaths?? Where are the hospitalizations??”

“How old were they?? What are their comorbidities?? Did they get a booster??” (in response to any post about vaccinated people dying.

“COVID is now just a bad flu to the vaccinated!”

Nevermind the constant dehumanization of the unvaccinated, thousands of whom are dying daily. Our hospital system is on the brink of collapse and our government has abdicated all responsibility for managing this pandemic as it actively encourages businesses to throw people into the meat grinder, but yes let’s focus on how AWFUL and AUTHORITARIAN China’s response has been.

It’s stomach churning how sociopathic some posts here are.

I think it's because people realize harsh lockdown measures happening in the US are totally unrealistic, especially at this point, and cope in other ways than righteous fantasies

OBCD
Apr 12, 2005

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

This is unlike the US who has provided plenty of covid related financial support to citizens for over 2 years, totaling…$2200 for each citizen. Oops.

Do you believe only two countries exist in the world? This is a stupid comparison.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

OBCD posted:

Do you believe only two countries exist in the world? This is a stupid comparison.

Taiwan is also doing a good job at controlling Covid. Do you not count them?

If you do, then by all means focus on the Taiwan success and not the China success if it helps.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

If you do, then by all means focus on the Taiwan success and not the China success if it helps.

I think everyone feels a pressure to dance around how many countries we're talking about here which makes this all very funny.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Pastamania posted:

You’d have to be incredibly well off and privileged to think the US isn’t one.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Actually, I think you will find Taiwan is part of and has always been a part of China 🙂

OBCD
Apr 12, 2005

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I'm fine with saying Taiwan is doing better than the US. As are many countries. I don't understand the obsession with China, especially living in the region where it's very clear that chinese suffering is not minimal despite the low official totals. The official totals are also super low in Chad, but somehow I don't see anyone preaching the Chadian way of dealing with pandemics.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Karl Barks posted:

I think it's because people realize harsh lockdown measures happening in the US are totally unrealistic, especially at this point, and cope in other ways than righteous fantasies

gently caress lockdowns, loving doing “something”—the U.S. federal and state governments are actively aiding and abetting the worst COVID outbreak so far. Their response to mass infection was to tell its’ citizens they’d better brace for a Winter of Death. Their response to over 400k cases in a single day was to reduce the quarantine requirement—a decision some itt defended!

And many in this thread poo poo on the most basic and bare bones poo poo we could be doing right now. I had to argue, alone, that the CDC’s mask guidance in May was a loving stupid decision and a monumental disaster. I’ve seen people argue against the use of and distribution of high quality masks.

I don’t wanna hear anyone that argues for this poo poo infantilize anyone about “Lockdown Fantasies,” because there are many basic things perfectly in the realm of possibilities we could be doing that others have dismissed out of hand as not just unrealistic but undesirable because vaccines solved everything, it’s the unvaccinated “doing the dying.”

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The statistic used seems really weird: "The proportion of hospitalised individuals aged <20 years who had severe disease was 22.5% (69/306), 23.0% (37/161) and 20.4% (172/844) in the three waves. "

Like it specifically being hospitalized patients feels weird. Like what does that statistic intuitively mean? Is there a world where 100% of patients hospitalized with covid are not severe? why are they hospitalized at all then? Is it a with/of thing where they are just random kids in the hospital getting covid incidentally and the stat is "well if you are sick enough to be in the hospital you have about a 1/5th chance of falling severely ill if you get covid". Or is it like, hospitalized of covid and the hospitals like to keep around 80% of the beds open for less critical but still bad cases and it's just a policy thing?
In the thread, the definition of severe was suffering from one of the following :
- Acute respiratory distress
- Oxygen supplementation
- Ventilation
- Intensive care unit admission
- Death

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The enhanced unemployment program was actually incredibly fantastic, because Congress passed it really fast, had a “what could a banana cost, Michael” moment and didn’t realize that half of the country makes less than $600 a week. It was ended way too quickly, obviously. But in the first wave the US had some of the most aggressive financial support of any country. Poverty went down. $800 billion (~2600 per capita) was given in unemployment benefits in 2020 alone.

Nucleic Acids posted:

You’d have to be incredibly well off and privileged to think the US isn’t one.

A large majority of Americans don’t think the US is an authoritarian hell-state. You can argue that a large majority of Americans are “incredibly well off and privileged,” you know, on an international scale, but, are you arguing that?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wang Commander posted:

I think everyone feels a pressure to dance around how many countries we're talking about here which makes this all very funny.

Yeah there are multiple countries who did pretty well with zero covid with different methods and their major failures have been due to other countries with weaker policies allowing covid to spread. There is absolutely a conversation about what could have been done better and how those methods might have helped if places like the US had tried them but it's been pretty lost in screaming about China. You can exclude what China did and we still have examples like Taiwan or South Korea who did a good job at managing covid in their country until we started getting closer to endemicity because of a global failure to contain it.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

Karl Barks posted:

I don't think that it's that, it's more that the data with Omicron has changed which means some of this is true in a way that it wasn't before. It was obvious ludicurous to claim that Covid was similar to flu in outcome in March 2020 pre-vaccinations, it's not when you're looking at Omicron infecetions in triple-vaccinated individuals. This doesn't make the Chuds right in retrospect at a time where Covid was killing 1 in 100 people it affected.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Mellow Seas posted:

A large majority of Americans don’t think the US is an authoritarian hell-state. You can argue that a large majority of Americans are “incredibly well off and privileged,” you know, on an international scale, but, are you arguing that?

That’s cool because the same is true when it comes to how Chinese citizens feel about China. Who are we to make wild accusations about any country?

Weasling Weasel posted:

I don't think that it's that, it's more that the data with Omicron has changed which means some of this is true in a way that it wasn't before. It was obvious ludicurous to claim that Covid was similar to flu in outcome in March 2020 pre-vaccinations, it's not when you're looking at Omicron infecetions in triple-vaccinated individuals. This doesn't make the Chuds right in retrospect at a time where Covid was killing 1 in 100 people it affected.

Until we know the full ramifications of long covid, it will still be siding with the chuds to indicate that covid is similar in any way to the flu.

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 30, 2021

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I feel like I'm somewhere in between the two threads, because I do think the US is authoritarian, our response especially in the last year has been awful, lockdowns won't work here, and obsessively checking case statistics everyday and posting "lmao lmao!!!!!" is probably not good for your mental health and loving sucks to read.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

That’s cool because the same is true when it comes to how Chinese citizens feel about China. Who are we to make wild accusations about any country?

You know what? That’s fair!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah there are multiple countries who did pretty well with zero covid with different methods and their major failures have been due to other countries with weaker policies allowing covid to spread. There is absolutely a conversation about what could have been done better and how those methods might have helped if places like the US had tried them but it's been pretty lost in screaming about China. You can exclude what China did and we still have examples like Taiwan or South Korea who did a good job at managing covid in their country until we started getting closer to endemicity because of a global failure to contain it.

The US itself dropped down to sub 9,000 cases a day after heights of 260,000 cases a day. What the US did to do that never seems to get investigated, as it didn't happen due to any apparent policy.

People generally blame it on the weather of the summer if anything. Which is weird, since if climate is a bigger factor than anything else then what countries do bad or well would seemly just be more about the luck of climate than government policy.

OBCD
Apr 12, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

To be clear, I completely agree with this. If every country had done the sound thing and locked down harshly at the beginning of the pandemic (feb 2020 at the latest) with the goal of zero covid we'd all be better off. But that's a fantasy at this point as is China's zero covid policy -- China claims they've had four deaths since april of 2020 and that's so obviously bullshit I don't even know what to say to anyone who actually believes it.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

if a hypothetical pathogen A is one third as intrinsically severe (while still being severe enough to require hospitalization), but three times as transmissible as hypothetical pathogen B, which pathogen would we expect to exert the greatest pressure on health care systems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

OBCD posted:

China claims they've had four deaths since april of 2020 and that's so obviously bullshit I don't even know what to say to anyone who actually believes it.

Probably “Wow China didn’t let Covid roam free in its country like the US”

https://twitter.com/novaramedia/status/1475511846392287234?s=20