Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

wild rear end poo poo to frame shifting govt programs to help families as being a bad thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Isn't this what the United States does when we give child tax credits or tax breaks for spouses?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

can't believe this article made it all the way here from 1949

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

skipmyseashells posted:

China helping families turns into China is attacking woman without children

fondly remembering when women leading most households in irs tax returns was painted as a victory for feminism when nearly all of those women were impoverished and had almost no collective wealth

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Danann posted:

There's still a 12 count of combined Tor and Pantsir AD systems that shouldn't be on that list. That's basically an entire Russian air defense brigade from what cursory TOE research I've done.
Everybody is getting absolutely pantsed by UAVs at the moment and scrambling to find a solution. Any announcements by Russian arms salesmen to the contrary should be taken with a mountain of salt.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I wouldn't be surprised if America has been sitting on an anti-drone system, but it's also so big it has to be mounted on an APC. And it needs so much juice you have to plug it into an electrical grid.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Regarding WW2 Italy stuff:

Italian soldiers in Yugoslavia were, as a general rule, a lot less motivated to die for the sake of their glorious fascist leader than German soldiers were, and there were Italian defectors to the Yugoslav Partizans (and there's generally a lot of avoided bloodshed even when there weren't outright defection), but Italians soldiers still torched villages for shits and giggles, and massacred their populations, and Italy only stopped executing captured Partizans when the Partizans started returning the favor.

While Italian occupied lands in Yugoslavia were, as a general rule, safer for Jews than other occupied parts of the country, don't make the mistake of thinking that fascist Italy wasn't operating concentration camps, or targeting the Jewish populace. When Yugoslav Partizans liberated the Rab island concentration camp from the Italians in 1943, there were 2500 Jewish inmates in it. (and lemme tell you, what Italy did to the Slovene inmates wasn't pretty either)

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
the bad chyna takes to nazi apologist pipeline strikes again

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

L M A O limburg limbo couldn't resist the siren call

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao Chen

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1476441978485235713?t=mNKGmf4XaupifPgfYoG0cA&s=19

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Aw I missed the guy who's memorized a lot of ukranian nazi apologetic talking points but still calls it "The Ukraine"

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

BULBASAUR posted:

why are westerners trained to call it TeH UkRaine

its like nails against the chalkboard

Ah beaten by 2 pages lol loving air canada

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Air The Canada*

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if America has been sitting on an anti-drone system, but it's also so big it has to be mounted on an APC. And it needs so much juice you have to plug it into an electrical grid.

What I'm hearing from that is it's a big laser.

Future war is going to whip rear end.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i call it the ukraine because in my heart the soviet union never died

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

it also pisses off hte worst people on the planet

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Everybody is getting absolutely pantsed by UAVs at the moment and scrambling to find a solution. Any announcements by Russian arms salesmen to the contrary should be taken with a mountain of salt.

It very well may not be an issue of equipment but proxy conflicts by their nature are chaotic and that is where drones shine. It doesn’t take much to bring them down (the TB 2 is going 150 miles an hour and has no armor to speak of) but you actually need to be setup to face them. If your AA isn’t manned or the crew has no idea what they are doing (or you simply don’t have real AA), drones are going to make mince meat of the opposing force.

If anything it is sort of the same issue the Germans had with the Night Witches.

Also, that article is pretty much trash (riddled with errors) even if the TB-2 has proven itself. (Also plenty of TB-2s have been taken out, so I don’t know where their “invincibility” comes from.)

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 13:51 on Dec 30, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

R. Guyovich posted:

The Democrat Party!!!

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

R. Guyovich posted:

Uh... people from Ukraine..?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Chen retweeted this lmao

https://twitter.com/PressTV/status/1476515534690734083?s=20

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Atopian posted:

Uh... people from Ukraine..?

yeah I think most Ukrainian ultra nationalists are from the ukraine, apart from the ones in canada

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Most people in Ukraine probably speak Ukranian or Russian, or Polish, or Bulgarian or whatever other regional language and dialect there is and the whole The thing doesn't come up.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Lostconfused posted:

Most people in Ukraine probably speak Ukranian or Russian, or Polish, or Bulgarian or whatever other regional language and dialect there is and the whole The thing doesn't come up.

You know The Thing has come up when you meet a bunch of Norwegians chasing a dog.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
drat the BJP ate poo poo in a bunch of municipal elections across the country.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

political commentator Jason Unruhe

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
He made it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lumpentroll posted:

political commentator Jason Unruhe

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jason's right

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Tankbuster posted:

drat the BJP ate poo poo in a bunch of municipal elections across the country.

The BJP always eats poo poo in local elections cause they can't play the Modi card, especially now things are Not Good

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
when he’s right he’s right

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

belgend posted:

The BJP always eats poo poo in local elections cause they can't play the Modi card, especially now things are Not Good

They did pretty well in 2016. Karnataka was supposed to be this new bastion of North indian hindutva rightwing in the south but the INC won a plurality there now.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

its also the emerging mindset among people who read Bloomberg

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Isn't this what the United States does when we give child tax credits or tax breaks for spouses?

well yeah they'll just use it to buy refrigerators or some poo poo

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
But seriously, the right wing within the CCP is pushing for banning abortion and contraception until a woman's third kid. I don't think they have the influence to achieve that, unlike here.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lostconfused posted:

yeah so it pisses off ukrainian emigres. what, do we think italian-americans are worse or something? no chance. even those guys know enough to gesture toward mussolini being bad

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ikanreed posted:

But seriously, the right wing within the CCP is pushing for banning abortion and contraception until a woman's third kid. I don't think they have the influence to achieve that, unlike here.

according to whom? the spate of articles about this a few months back came from a deliberate misreading of the source text

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

R. Guyovich posted:

according to whom? the spate of articles about this a few months back came from a deliberate misreading of the source text

My wife, I guess. I don't follow many Chinese language sources directly, as I'm still learning the language.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Ace Combat 7 taught me that drones are just big planes with no pilots

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/BluRoofPolitics/status/1476213437101449217

only posting this because im still dumbfounded that predictit thinks the right winger is the favorite when theres no polling data whatsoever supporting that conclusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1476573330765488132?s=20

Subsisting on vegetables