Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

When people talk about "Aubrey going to business for herself" I can't help but lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh you mean the "I did data entry for WWE, I'm the wrestling insider, hire me Sean of Fightful dot com what you didn't well now I'll start spreading slanderous poo poo about you" person?

A lot of things. A lot of things.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Plenty, including humoring this poo poo;

https://twitter.com/Marie_Shadows/status/1476430044839002113

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh you mean the "I did data entry for WWE, I'm the wrestling insider, hire me Sean of Fightful dot com what you didn't well now I'll start spreading slanderous poo poo about you" person?

A lot of things. A lot of things.

Not particularly surprising that WWE would have some degenerate weirdo doing Excel gruntwork at the ol' Titan Towers; a universal thing about bad companies I've worked for is the proliferation of the otherwise unhireable in low-level jobs.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Destroy My Sweater posted:

When people talk about "Aubrey going to business for herself" I can't help but lol

It's especially dumb because they never consider that if TK had a problem with it he would tell her to stop.

I really like AEW reffing. It's pleasantly refreshing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Really feel like I dropped the ball by not coming across Marie Shadows months ago. What am I even doing at work???

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

that’s not even what “equestrian” means. she’s thinking of “equine”. saying someone has “equestrian dna” is basically calling them a blueblood.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it should have been obvious considering she referees in jodhpurs and carries a riding crop at all times

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I am going to brag and say I introduced Marie Shadows to this thread months ago. I had a feeling she would become a recurring character.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
Ryan reports, you decide.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

that’s not even what “equestrian” means. she’s thinking of “equine”. saying someone has “equestrian dna” is basically calling them a blueblood.

Aubrey is quite obviously alive, unlike Triple H.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

satin does behave a lot like nfl insider adam schefter

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

satin does behave a lot like nfl insider adam schefter

more and more people are saying this

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The only time I notice refs is when they are dipshits that let the heels cheat constantly and do nothing about it. This is the classic role of the referee; to piss me off!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My bad take on refs: Red Shoes is the worst and needs to be put in the dip Roger Rabbit style.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Looks like this got her blocked by the GIF account.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Malcolm Excellent posted:

My bad take on refs: Red Shoes is the worst and needs to be put in the dip Roger Rabbit style.

Serious question: what about him bothers you?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Those dang shoes.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

there are two acceptable types of referees in wrestling: referees who are incompetent and referees who are hyper-competent. Bryce and Audrey fill these roles perfectly.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

He's just really lackadaisical with that 20 count, and pretty indifferent to horseplay outside the ring.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

heresy

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
time for everyones favourite - people without any legal background trying to decide how a wrestler violated their independent contractor contract and how this makes them unprofessional and should be sued.

https://twitter.com/Anime_Otaku2/status/1476562621939781637

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

He's just really lackadaisical with that 20 count, and pretty indifferent to horseplay outside the ring.

Admittedly I'm not that knowledgeable about Japanese wrestling but isn't "anything goes outside the ring" pretty common? Common enough that even the WWF games on the N64 worked that way from what I remember.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What I've gathered from NJPW is the ref will wait a while to *start* counting ringouts, like "Okay, you asked for it, 1!"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I haven't religiously watched NJPW since they started falling off badly in 2020 but even leading up to that Red Shoes had gained some negative traits, not as in lax enforcement of the rules but he was the ur-example of NJPW ref blindness and willingness to not disqualify.

I forget the match but there was a Bullet Club take where the Bullet Club took him to pull some poo poo, and I mean literally took him. He was being held almost in a headlock against the top rope by someone while poo poo happened behind him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

I haven't religiously watched NJPW since they started falling off badly in 2020 but even leading up to that Red Shoes had gained some negative traits, not as in lax enforcement of the rules but he was the ur-example of NJPW ref blindness and willingness to not disqualify.

I forget the match but there was a Bullet Club take where the Bullet Club took him to pull some poo poo, and I mean literally took him. He was being held almost in a headlock against the top rope by someone while poo poo happened behind him.

Ultimately it's the booking making the refs look like morons. gently caress can Unno do if Gedo wants all that interference?

(Also I dunno, New Japan did fall off in 2020 but I think it recovered a little in 2021. I'm still cool on it but no other company touches it as far as MOTYC from me. Shingo's title reign has been great stuff.)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I was the biggest Shingo mark for years (and he should've won last years G1) but while I'm so happy for him to be on top it feels like because of AEW there's less incentive to have to seek out NJPW for that pro-wrestling hit. Not just me, the G1 thread was down huge on previous years which is usually the most active NJPW period. I'm sure in ring it's still brilliant but then you see more House of Torture and it's just not the same thing we loved for the 2010s, something feels off and it needs to draw a lot of people back.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

forkboy84 posted:

Ultimately it's the booking making the refs look like morons. gently caress can Unno do if Gedo wants all that interference?

(Also I dunno, New Japan did fall off in 2020 but I think it recovered a little in 2021. I'm still cool on it but no other company touches it as far as MOTYC from me. Shingo's title reign has been great stuff.)

Lol until evil and dick Togo gently caress off forever NJPW will be squarely in the Russo zone

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Imagine having opinions on referees one way or the other.

Big fat heel lucha refs who do 10 second 3 counts rule.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In New Japan it is entirely legal for a manager to bring a murder weapon to the ring. There is nothing the referees can do about this :cripes:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

In New Japan it is entirely legal for a manager to bring a murder weapon to the ring. There is nothing the referees can do about this :cripes:

I agree, refs should take Sting's baseball bat aw- Oh, you said New Japan.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

cagliostr0 posted:

Lol until evil and dick Togo gently caress off forever NJPW will be squarely in the Russo zone

Refs looked like dorks in NJPW before 2020. It's been a consistent complaint of Bullet Club poo poo for years.

Lid posted:

I was the biggest Shingo mark for years (and he should've won last years G1) but while I'm so happy for him to be on top it feels like because of AEW there's less incentive to have to seek out NJPW for that pro-wrestling hit. Not just me, the G1 thread was down huge on previous years which is usually the most active NJPW period. I'm sure in ring it's still brilliant but then you see more House of Torture and it's just not the same thing we loved for the 2010s, something feels off and it needs to draw a lot of people back.

I mean as an in-ring product Nooj even when it's bad doesn't have the lows of AEW. Well, there was that Jado Yano Match that lasted 10 minutes last year...

Like, so long as Shingo continues to have the best year in wrestling, and realistically the only competition is Danielson & he only wrestles for 4 months or something, New Japan big shows will have something necessary to check out for me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

I mean as an in-ring product Nooj even when it's bad doesn't have the lows of AEW. Well, there was that Jado Yano Match that lasted 10 minutes last year...

AEW doesn't put many matches out that are worse than sitting through a Fale/Yujiro/Chase slog and that's not including the many terrible EVIL main events

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Was it Yano v Chase Owens that went 30 minutes for no reason?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Yano vs Chase strap match is the worst nooj match I’ve ever seen

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Lets not forget the BoSJ finals where House of Torture ruined a match where they had no members in said match. I know BoSJ finals may never top Shingo v Ospreay but its just what the hell is happening.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

AEW doesn't put many matches out that are worse than sitting through a Fale/Yujiro/Chase slog and that's not including the many terrible EVIL main events

OK, I'm wrong, Nooj's low points this year had been completely erased from my mind. I'm looking at my spreadsheet and staring at * Yujiro vs Yano & I acknowledge that was the drizzling shits and it was far from alone

Have watched 2 New Japan matches since Power Struggle & do not regret it at all.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 31, 2021

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I watched the BOSJ final where SHO beat up both guys to try to force a no-contest and decided that I'm probably skipping Wrestle Kingdom this year

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Love nooj on my popcorn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Benne posted:

I watched the BOSJ final where SHO beat up both guys to try to force a no-contest and decided that I'm probably skipping Wrestle Kingdom this year

You aren't excited for 3 days of empty stadiums with dick Togo shenanigans?