Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Na has too many times

:synpa:o21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
2020 is over, things can only go up now!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Personally I think it's cool those birds can go on strike

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Now I'm in the mood for a bird sandwich

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birds would swoop down and grab us and feed us to bird babies if they were a bit bigger so I’m all for keeping birds from unionizing, we can’t let them get too powerful

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://youtu.be/IkX-z5NXaI8

This commercial still gets randomly stuck in my head

E:

https://youtu.be/wfcQreCtvO4

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Less than 24 hours of 2021 remaining. The posting must continue.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

What's a memorable mafia moment from 2021?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Every game I won

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
posting

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

Every game I won

Every game I lost because of you

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Every hare brained theory I sincerely believed to be true (more of those coming in 2022)

Meeting my mafia best friend Shell

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Maerlyn posted:

From the last quarter of the year, I'd list a couple real good wins: Sand's solo win at Squid and Grandi's playing at Lake House. There were a good number of games with good plays, but those two were among the best for me.

Gotta give a tip of the hat to Mae's scumming with me there, as short lived as it was, she's real fun to scum with!

Personal favourite moment was "everything exploded while you slept and your scummates are all dead, but don't worry, a lot of other people also died" from Somber and Hal at the scumchat of Beezels. As stressing that game was for me, I had a real good laugh at that. You two are great.

Scumming with Grandi, Plastic and Dead over at Arknights Mafia. Baby's first scums! Also a good deal of fun. Winning by scum pilevote in the middle of US night, while I was sitting at my desk at early morning work, and thinking nobody else was awake... but they both were, lol. Also keeping track of the lore of a game I know zilch about, so a certain very perceptive someone wouldn't catch me dead on it ;).

Another good moment was trying to unravel the mystery of who killed Merk over at Soap Game. The death where a loud JOAT, a killer, and a stump all happened to be in the same place at the same time. A great intro to Mafia!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

drat that was good

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Oh my God, yeah, this. Dead, you're a treasure. Hope you and your imagination stick around for a long time!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Another good moment was trying to unravel the mystery of who killed Merk over at Soap Game. The death where a loud JOAT, a killer, and a stump all happened to be in the same place at the same time. A great intro to Mafia!
[/quote]

This was really fun, and guessing at stuff like that is why I love playing maf

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Tommunist posted:

Less than 24 hours of 2021 remaining. The posting must continue.

this is a post

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
make my funk the p funk, I wants to get funked up

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Idle Amalgam posted:

this is a post

Heck yeah mother trucker

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Idle Amalgam posted:

make my funk the p funk, I wants to get funked up

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

RFs monstrosity in Cookfia will haunt me for years.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Other great 2021 in-game Mafia moments: most memorable out-of-game moment was obviously Jemery

Gnosia multi-fakeclaim antics, and the new peeps it lured in

Steak playing a murderous escalator AI serial killer who immediately blew up both the scumteam and himself

Toal becoming towniest town gambit master out of nowhere for a few games

Croissants, and dinosaur pancakes, and merk deciding I'm town based on timestamp forensics to deduce how fast I must have tried to vidge him

Arknights Mafia being all, suddenly zombies while scumteam absolutely rolled us and gave me the biggest mafia hangover

Beaming down into Ecco's game for one day as the Avenging Angel of Towniness to get a scum lunched and then be immediately martyred as that night's NK

Bezzlebees mason madness and Toal burning everything down

"I'm just here so I won't get fined"

Voodoo and IA losertar confusion (which got cleared up by Voodoo winning his way out if it! Noice!)

Monster Mash being my best scum game in quite a while

Isekai endgame negotiations

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
reopen the Anidav temple

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Toal becoming towniest town gambit master out of nowhere for a few games

Hahaha, yeah. She already was when I came in, but always gotta admire a well-pulled gambit out of nowhere. USSR probably was peak Toal gambitting for me.

An additional USSR one: being pulled into a seance n1 with the only dead player to date, who had no idea what was going on, and I on my third game had no idea what was going on either, so our chat was a very confused "what is this, what do you know, wait so what do YOU know? what's going on?" Despite the hard start, SubRosa's seance mechanic was probably the most fun I've had this year.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

birdstrike posted:

reopen the Anidav temple

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Winning pelicana for everyone except merk, binus, somber and someone else on D2 is surely my only good moment of 2021 mafia

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Winning pelicana for everyone except merk, binus, somber and someone else on D2 is surely my only good moment of 2021 mafia

You were shooting 1000 in that game, Hal

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Insandenza posted:

Can't believe Frostbound didn't make your list! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968430

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

birdstrike posted:

reopen the Anidav temple

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Oh yeah. That game contains the only good post I've ever made in a mafia game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That is in its own category naturally

Voodoofly posted:

Oh yeah. That game contains the only good post I've ever made in a mafia game.

The best use of Paw Patrol ever seen

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The sheer insanity of Monster Mash was really good for my first game and I love ya'll for enabling it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

birdstrike posted:

reopen the Anidav temple

i assume role pm's are going out

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The sheer insanity of Monster Mash was really good for my first game and I love ya'll for enabling it.

You mean Gnosia?

Oh btw, only reason I didn't have us being mason buds on the most-memorable list is cause no one ever remembers it!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

If you know you know

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think my masonry with SiV in the WIFOA game was my favorite mafia memory of the year, but Voodoo's pancakes might be a close second.
But in general, mafia has been a positive in my life this year when social interaction in person has been severely limited. So thanks to everyone for impacting my mental well being for the better. I hope to call all of you idiots going forward.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Was it this year where I slept through a turbo on me as scum, or last year?

I remember waking up and realizing the deadline was noon, not midnight, and I was dead

My most recent mafia memory, and a wonderful experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Jen X posted:

Was it this year where I slept through a turbo on me as scum, or last year?

I remember waking up and realizing the deadline was noon, not midnight, and I was dead

My most recent mafia memory, and a wonderful experience

lmao