Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
my kid has been in school this year. the school has been doing a reasonably good job. occasionally we got an email from the principal about an individual covid case, but there havent been any outbreaks. staff and teachers seem to be on point.

but i have a very reasonable fear that this time its going to be a whole week before we get an email saying, "welp, everyone's got covid."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

lol they just abruptly closed the ferry to vashon from pt defiance covid got the crew.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
We were thiiiiiiiis close to putting our three year old back into daycare but gently caress it, waiting until we be sure she's vaccinated.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it's so comforting to know there are other people actually thinking about this

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

both of our kids are in a remote charter school which is run by our state, the older one by choice and the younger not so eagerly, and they will be for I really don’t know how long.

the teenager wanted to go to a remote-learning thing independently, a couple of quarters before lockdowns started, and we withdrew the other from elementary school to enroll in the charter school over the quarter break before lockdowns.

it felt a little extreme, maybe, but their birth dad was on a transplant list and is now in post-transplant recovery so i consider it basically the least we could have done.

sending kids to school as a policy in a plague looks and awful lot like child sacrifice as a policy to me!

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
My daughter goes to a special needs school so her class size is real small and my son goes to a charter school so he's in the same boat.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
both wear masks all day long

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my doctor authorized 3 months of sick leave for me in august. i took that chance to homeschool my kids this fall instead of sending them to in-person school.

i have three kids, and my older two are now vaccinated. my youngest turns 5 in february, and while i was thinking the older two would start in-person school in january, i am thinking that will probably not actually happen

i'm pretty freaked for my youngest's safety right now tbh

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

my kid has been in school this year. the school has been doing a reasonably good job. occasionally we got an email from the principal about an individual covid case, but there havent been any outbreaks. staff and teachers seem to be on point.

but i have a very reasonable fear that this time its going to be a whole week before we get an email saying, "welp, everyone's got covid."

My plan is to send my Kindergartner as long as they have a mask mandate in place, which was going to be lifted after winter break but is now back on for various ill-defined reasons.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I just decided to pull my kids until they get their second vaccine shot +14 days. They wear N95s in school already, but schools are going to be closed here a week after they open anyways its going to be such a shitshow

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

My plan is to send my Kindergartner as long as they have a mask mandate in place, which was going to be lifted after winter break but is now back on for various ill-defined reasons.

I feel like I should clarify that I pull her out of school to have lunch in the car every day.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

PerniciousKnid posted:

I feel like I should clarify that I pull her out of school to have lunch in the car every day.

how does this even work? are other parents doing it?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Another Bill posted:

I just decided to pull my kids until they get their second vaccine shot +14 days. They wear N95s in school already, but schools are going to be closed here a week after they open anyways its going to be such a shitshow

you can call the Ontario vaccination line and consent to a 28 day interval, btw. we’re doing that for our 11yo, following the advice of our friend the research director of the UofT COVID lab.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

zegermans posted:

daughter had her first active shooter drill. cool country.
loving hell
not looking forward to when mine has theirs

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/MicahPollak/status/1476580247453716485

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I wish I could keep my toddler out of daycare, but neither of us can afford to quit our jobs and my parents are still in "it's just the flu, let's eat out every night" mode even with several dead and crippled friends so they're worthless. Wife's parents are willing to help but live three hours away.

We're looking for jobs that might let us move closer and praying. Friend's kid just caught it and they were told they don't have to quarantine (they are going to anyway, this made them crack ping HARD) and to send her back in person in 5 days.

I pray for that vaccine, but hope is running thin.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Subjunctive posted:

you can call the Ontario vaccination line and consent to a 28 day interval, btw. we’re doing that for our 11yo, following the advice of our friend the research director of the UofT COVID lab.

There's a clinic in my area on Sunday, I'm going to show up and tell them I consent. It's been over 28 days already. I've heard that will work.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I just visited our kid's eventual elementary school which was rebuilt from the ground up about five years ago. It has anti-shooter architecture. There are cameras on all exterior autolocking doors and the main entrance is a mantrap. Six unlocked doors enter into a vestibule with six heavy locked doors on the other side. There's a receptionist in a side room connected to the vestibule by bullet-proof glass and a heavy steel shutter. I imagine she has a button that drops the shutters and locks the external doors.

Credit to the designers in that it seems reasonably effective but unobtrusive. My wife didn't even notice.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

PerniciousKnid posted:

My kids school is still doing masks with no plans to stop, it's just that omicron doesn't seem to give much of a gently caress about cloth masks, which is all you can expect eight year olds to wear.

I'm heavily leaning towards keeping her home for a week, just in case the school blows up.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

how does this even work? are other parents doing it?

I just pick her up from the office at her lunch time, and no they aren't lol.

My kids school is still doing masks with no plans to stop, it's just that omicron doesn't seem to give much of a gently caress about cloth masks, which is all you can expect eight year olds to wear.

I'm heavily leaning towards keeping her home for a week, just in case the school blows up.

Cloth doesn't even work as source control?

My 2yo wore a kf94 fine, probably didn't fit test during the school day but still seems better than cloth.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

, which is all you can expect eight year olds to wear.

I find the kids are way better than adults

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Three year old has organically named hide and seek of stuffed animals "chasing the dragon."

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Look forward to having to awkwardly explain that in public.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

My kids daycare is now closing the baby room bc one baby popped pos. I now have to quarantine all of the kids as one body.

I got the loving news after a small gathering with family where every aside from my kids (all under 5) were at least vaxxed, and adults boosted.

At least the 4 year old has an excuse for not going to their preschool program at the elementary school for the first week back 😑

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I'm very glad my wife's school's winter break continues for one more week so we can hold our kids back from the COVID factory that is daycare for at least one more week.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
happy new year, my daughter had diarrhea and I found this out when changing her diaper this morning and she pooped all over me

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Daycare has been super careful about everything in general but I'm still nervous about my daughter going back on Monday. We had to bump her second dose of the flu shot by a few days to Tuesday because of a cold she got, so that will make me feel at least a little bit better but still :(

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

stay safe good soup! jr

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

500excf type r posted:

My son was a few hours old and I was changing him late at night while his mother got some rest. He was in one of those little plastic baby basket carts hospitals use. Hes my second so I'm a pro and I take off his diaper and grab his ankles and lift his little butt up and as I do this he takes a violent laser beam of a poo poo that rocketed over the top of the crib and shot about 10 feet across the room narrowly missing his sleeping mother.

It was probably one of the he funniest moments in my life and I'll just never forget that amazing smelly projectile bile poo poo arcing across the room

my wife always tells me about the time she was changing her little brother and when she lifted his butt to finish changing him he decided to arc his piss right into his mouth

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 00:38 on Jan 2, 2022

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
We got a roomba for Christmas. This is great, the 4 year old and the 1 year old have been chasing itnfor 20 minutes. I might actually finish this episode of Half in the Bag.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

god fuckin speed

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

camoseven posted:

happy new year, my daughter had diarrhea and I found this out when changing her diaper this morning and she pooped all over me
lol i had the opposite about a year ago
was changing a pee diaper and the little one decided to push out a monster rock of a poo poo
when it crowned it reminded me of their birth :aaaaa:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

remembering the time my son was super duper constipated and I went to change him and all that was there was a dry champagne cork of fecal matter.

tired and curious I flicked the cork and it loosed something inside of him and like 8" of pure poo poo extruded out of his butthole.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

remembering the time my son was super duper constipated and I went to change him and all that was there was a dry champagne cork of fecal matter.

tired and curious I flicked the cork and it loosed something inside of him and like 8" of pure poo poo extruded out of his butthole.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2319290/Video-Elephant-faeces-explodes-vets-face-treats-constipation.html

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

lmao they irrigated it from behind with a garden hose.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
drat picture day is Friday.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wife texts me while I'm at work:

"He used his hammer to smash his poop into his baby shark cup"

:ohno:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

when all you’ve got is a hammer every problem looks like a poop to be pounded into a baby shark cup!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Mustached Demon posted:

Wife texts me while I'm at work:

"He used his hammer to smash his poop into his baby shark cup"

:ohno:

was she texting you for informational purposes or did she expect you to solve the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I just said to our five year old, in deference to her explanation for why she should still get a cookie after deliberately smearing egg all over various surfaces, "Stalin didn't care, and neither do I. Go upstairs and get your pajamas ready, please".

Unsure if this is terrible parenting but I think "Stalin didn't care, and neither do I" is my new catchphrase.