Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Regalingualius posted:

I just have my crafter bars set up in the order I learned everything in

Yuuup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The level of not-caring I put into crafters is so high that I never even picked up the level 65 skill which requires doing the quests, because I'm just here for reapairs, custom deliveries and beast tribes. But I figure if I'm being forced to remake the hotbars anyways (cause I want to level alchemist because I'm very annoyed I can't repair summoner books), I might as well do it right

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Half the time I'm using macros and the other half of the time I'm clicking them anyway so my crafter hotbars are a mess.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

cheetah7071 posted:

The level of not-caring I put into crafters is so high that I never even picked up the level 65 skill which requires doing the quests, because I'm just here for reapairs, custom deliveries and beast tribes. But I figure if I'm being forced to remake the hotbars anyways (cause I want to level alchemist because I'm very annoyed I can't repair summoner books), I might as well do it right

The good news is, you only need to do it once now as you can just copy/paste the bars over.

I don't play on controller, but I still bunch relevant things together. Great Strides, Innovation, and Byregot's blessing are all right next to each other. I'd suggest something similar.

Also manipulation (that level 65 skill) is really good and necessary for some of the simpler crafting macros. I totally get not having it. I didn't have it on most of my crafters until a week or two ago.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is there a way to track the bicolor gemstones without opening up the shared fate window? It's not included in the currency window for some insane reason

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

The good news is, you only need to do it once now as you can just copy/paste the bars over.

wait how

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Trying to do the Kugane jumping puzzle and the sun went down :(

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Detheros posted:

Got the music from Panda4 last night and spent 30 mins figuring out which song I was gonna switch out (Ended up subbing Triumph)

20 track orchestrion when, Yoshi-P?

I mean, who needs 20 tracks, when all you need is one track: the music from zone 6.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

/hotbar copy CRP 1 BSM 1
/hotbar copy CRP 2 BSM 2

replace CRP with the class you want to copy from and BSM with the class you want to copy to. If you are the class you want to copy to you can also use current instead of the class name or abbreviation.

For controllers it's /chotbar instead of /hotbar but everything else is the same.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Set up alchemist how you want. Switch to the next class.

/hotbar copy ALC 1 current 1

for each hotbar you have set up. All crafting skills are universal.

For controllers, I think it's /crosshotbar with everything else the same.

e:f;b.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Set up one of your crafter bars how you like then use this.

Macro 1
/hotbar copy current 1 CRP 1
/hotbar copy current 1 BSM 1
/hotbar copy current 1 ARM 1
/hotbar copy current 1 GSM 1
/hotbar copy current 1 LTW 1
/hotbar copy current 1 WVR 1
/hotbar copy current 1 ALC 1
/hotbar copy current 1 CUL 1
/hotbar copy current 2 CRP 2
/hotbar copy current 2 BSM 2
/hotbar copy current 2 ARM 2
/hotbar copy current 2 GSM 2
/hotbar copy current 2 LTW 2

Macro 2
/hotbar copy current 2 WVR 2
/hotbar copy current 2 ALC 2
/hotbar copy current 2 CUL 2
/hotbar copy current 3 CRP 3
/hotbar copy current 3 BSM 3
/hotbar copy current 3 ARM 3
/hotbar copy current 3 GSM 3
/hotbar copy current 3 LTW 3
/hotbar copy current 3 WVR 3
/hotbar copy current 3 ALC 3
/hotbar copy current 3 CUL 3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

chotbars...

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

you can have them when you take them from my cold, dead hands :colbert:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
However, it's hilarious you can't copy the miner/botanist bars as easily. Because although their abilities are identical, they all have their own fluff names.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

orcane posted:

However, it's hilarious you can't copy the miner/botanist bars as easily. Because although their abilities are identical, they all have their own fluff names.

I could have sworn that despite the different names, doing a copy between those jobs would switch it to the correct abilities. It's been ages since I've done it though, so maybe I'm recalling incorrectly.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Old Sharlayan is such a lovely city :unsmith: I want to hang out here just because the place is so dang pleasant

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

good news: i narrowed down what final 3 triple triad npcs i have to beat in order to get the 107 unique npcs achievement

bad news: i have to do all of ixal, vath, and vanu vanu dailies

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

only one of three of those is bad news

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mind over Matter posted:

I could have sworn that despite the different names, doing a copy between those jobs would switch it to the correct abilities. It's been ages since I've done it though, so maybe I'm recalling incorrectly.
Maybe it worked at some point, but the last time I tried this was about three months ago and it definitely didn't do that, then.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

Old Sharlayan is such a lovely city :unsmith: I want to hang out here just because the place is so dang pleasant

Sharlay housing when

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Mordiceius posted:

I mean, who needs 20 tracks, when all you need is one track: the music from zone 6.

You're still heeerrreee camping chi

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

orcane posted:

Maybe it worked at some point, but the last time I tried this was about three months ago and it definitely didn't do that, then.
I tried it three weeks ago after moving some actions around with the EW gatherer changes. Didn't work, BTN & MIN are still mostly job-specific abilities that do not copy.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Chillgamesh posted:

only one of three of those is bad news

but i want the achievement NOW

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Macaluso posted:

It has a better Market board position than Limsa so I bet it'll be a default hangout for years to come.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

It has a better Market board position than Limsa so I bet it'll be a default hangout for years to come.

Is there a way to do my GC stuff there?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Stalins Moustache posted:

Also slow walk. God, they really need to have new slow walk animations.

I just did the part where you have to slow walk past all the shades at the of Ultima Thule, and you can turn on walking and go even slower.

Oh, I also finally managed to do The Thing today and take my The Screenshot of this expansion.

I haven't found a new gun I like. I've glammed the Law's Order gun this entire expansion.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I do hope Radz-at-han gets some attention besides the marketplace. The bar only has the Hunt board and that’s not nearly active enough. We should be allowed to hang out at Meghaduta with our good buddy the satrap!

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
for the guy trying to complete the triple triad collection there is a plugin for FF14 quicklauncher that is billed as a triple triad solver, but it also is a full deck tracker and npc tracker - you can open up your card list and it'll give you a full list of every npc you haven't done yet and also show you where to go to get specific cards

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The Kugane jumping puzzle has defeated me for today

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I got the cookbook for Christmas so my friend and I tackled three recipes today: exquisite beef stew, cornbread, and coffee biscuits. Here are the stew and cornbread:

And here are the biscuits (a minor ShB spoiler has been scribbled out):

They were more labor intensive than most of the recipes I follow (I tend to favor one pot and meal prep-style meals) but they turned out amazing. The cornbread is without a doubt some of the better cornbread I've had--it's so creamy and yet still flakey and just the perfect consistency for dipping a little in the stew.

The coffee biscuits are lovely as well. They're nice and moist and have just the right amount of sweetness (I loathe when cookies are too sweet). As a non-coffee drinker, the espresso powder is definitely there but not nearly as strong as I feared they would be. They are excellent with a nice cup of tea.

But the real standout has to be the beef stew. It's not an especially unique stew recipe but the author nailed it all the same. It's some of the best stew I've ever had--thick, beefy, and filling.

So far, I highly recommend checking out this cookbook if you're at all interested. It's legitimately one of the best video game tie-in things I've ever gotten.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

The Knight's Bread is the single most reliable out-of-the-book bread loaf I have ever made. The crust is incredible

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DrakePegasus posted:

I do hope Radz-at-han gets some attention besides the marketplace. The bar only has the Hunt board and that’s not nearly active enough. We should be allowed to hang out at Meghaduta with our good buddy the satrap!

There's definitely going to be something. The alchemy area is absolutely massive and very empty, like conspicuously so, and I assume there's some plans for something major to set up shop there.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Countblanc posted:

There's definitely going to be something. The alchemy area is absolutely massive and very empty, like conspicuously so, and I assume there's some plans for something major to set up shop there.

I wonder if that's where the Arkasodara quests will be.

Also, have they confirmed just two beast tribes this expansion, the Arkasodara and the Loporrits? I feel like one of the races from Ultima Thule, either the Ea or the Omicrons, could work as a tribe.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

HackensackBackpack posted:

I wonder if that's where the Arkasodara quests will be.

Also, have they confirmed just two beast tribes this expansion, the Arkasodara and the Loporrits? I feel like one of the races from Ultima Thule, either the Ea or the Omicrons, could work as a tribe.

I don't think it's been confirmed, but I'd be surprised to get a third. The cafe at Ultima Thule seemed like it might be leading to that, but someone pointed out that it could just be custom deliveries, and I feel like that kind of makes sense.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i want one of the tribes to be the garleans

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's literally always been 3 tribes per expansion, there's no reason to think it would be any different this time.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Ivypls posted:

i want one of the tribes to be the garleans

such devastation

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

There's literally always been 3 tribes per expansion, there's no reason to think it would be any different this time.

This but Hildibrand and Allied Beast Tribe until Shadowbringers. Things change. Now that we've had an expansion with only one combat beast tribe, I assume that'll be the case again, and they can probably fold gathering in with crafting like they do with custom deliveries.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 31, 2021

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I hope we get more housing permits. I want Loporrits in my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sinteres posted:

This but Hildibrand and Allied Beast Tribe until Shadowbringers. Things change. Now that we've had an expansion with only one combat beast tribe, I assume that'll be the case again, and they can probably fold gathering in with crafting like they do with custom deliveries.

Why can you assume that we'll only have one combat beast tribe? Things change.