Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I got my first 10 star arena win within a day. I also pick animals based on cuteness and luckily they're powerful.

Turtle is just incredibly cute and strong.

Edit:

Arzaac posted:

I really appreciate Giraffe, if only because it's call is a text-to-speech voice saying Giraffe. :3:

A lot of them are just saying the name except goose. Which is an angry hiss.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I really appreciate Giraffe, if only because it's call is a text-to-speech voice saying Giraffe. :3:

Also the Boar is ridiculously cute. I do feel like it's effect isn't super useful by the time you can actually get it though.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Arzaac posted:

Also the Boar is ridiculously cute. I do feel like it's effect isn't super useful by the time you can actually get it though.

Yeah boar is a bit too late for me most of time. For tier 6 I'm looking for black cat or dragon most of the time.

Edit: Also otter is stupid strong because of how the buy ability works. Each you put an otter onto an other that either becomes level 2 or starts level 2 will trigger the +2/2. So the buffs work like this : +1/1, +1/1, +2/2, +2/2, +2/2, and then +3/3. With each otter gives itself a +1/1 bonus to stats. You can't buy anymore otter onto a level 3 otter unfortunately.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 21, 2021

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Man, super auto pets and the dope dice game, being iOS only feels bad.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

You get cinco paus & imbroglio, seems like a fair trade to me :)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Snowmankilla posted:

Super auto pets is on android.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mr Hootington posted:

Super auto pets is on android.

I think they mean "it sucks to be an iOS-only player, because I'm missing out on those games."

Meanwhile, I'd still kill for an Android (phone) version of FTL and Invisible Inc.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Dec 22, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think they mean "it sucks to be an iOS-only player, because I'm missing out on those games.

Meanwhile, I'd still kill for an Android (phone) version of FTL and Invisible Inc.

Ah reading comphrension.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mr Hootington posted:

Ah reading comphrension.

Well, it was initially put in kind of a confusing way, I can definitely see how the error was made :shobon:

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Battletech would make a great Android port.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think they mean "it sucks to be an iOS-only player, because I'm missing out on those games."

It would have to be FTL-Lite because I can imagine fat-fingering someone to the wrong room or not being clutch enough on opening or shutting a door or something an ending a run. But yeah, I agree. Even a knockoff would be good at this point. Surprised nobody has tried.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

New Leaf posted:

It would have to be FTL-Lite because I can imagine fat-fingering someone to the wrong room or not being clutch enough on opening or shutting a door or something an ending a run. But yeah, I agree. Even a knockoff would be good at this point. Surprised nobody has tried.

I'd imagine that it would have to have a zoom function

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Tann posted:

You get cinco paus & imbroglio, seems like a fair trade to me :)

I don’t know either of those! Thanks!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
How do the new final fantasy remakes play on mobile? I have a bunch of Google play bucks in my wallet that's about to expire but I'm a little apprehensive nonetheless because of mobile controls and the steep price tag.

Mostly concerned about the controls though

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anecdotally, this is ironic

Anyways, are there any deals on rpgs for Xmas?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Renegret posted:

How do the new final fantasy remakes play on mobile? I have a bunch of Google play bucks in my wallet that's about to expire but I'm a little apprehensive nonetheless because of mobile controls and the steep price tag.

Mostly concerned about the controls though

I've only got ff5 but the controls are unusable. No controller support, no run button, and there are two modes of movement. The press and drag is hard to use even for that style, and the tap and go can't go into secret passages. Unless they've updated it, it's absolute garbage

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

NinjaDebugger posted:

I've only got ff5 but the controls are unusable. No controller support, no run button, and there are two modes of movement. The press and drag is hard to use even for that style, and the tap and go can't go into secret passages. Unless they've updated it, it's absolute garbage

Welp

I got a hankering to play FFIV and V but I was worried about that.

I don't understand why it's so hard to give people the rerelease we want

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

The Final Fantasy Tactics port has surprisingly decent touch controls. For better or worse it's the PSP version of the game.

Unfortunately, last I looked it still doesn't have cloud saving and you can't move the save file without jailbreaking your phone, so you'll lose all progress next time you change devices because gently caress you, that's why.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Jailbreaking your phone? In Android?

---

In modern Android I've had to connect USB to my PC to get full access to the file system, but I didn't need to hack anything after they made that change where apps can't access system files or the files of other apps.

(I did this to copy my Steam save of Slay the Spire to the Android version.)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Relentless posted:

The Final Fantasy Tactics port has surprisingly decent touch controls. For better or worse it's the PSP version of the game.

Unfortunately, last I looked it still doesn't have cloud saving and you can't move the save file without jailbreaking your phone, so you'll lose all progress next time you change devices because gently caress you, that's why.

It's probably possible to move it even without root, I moved my DQ3 save from a Zenfone to a Pixel 3a.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Even if the files don't show up over USB filesystem you should be able to access everything an app can via ADB with developer tools enabled.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Really enjoying The Way Home. It's a one handed auto shoot roguelite. Be warned it is very heavy on metaprogression.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.concode.p3&hl=en&gl=US

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Harminoff posted:

Really enjoying The Way Home. It's a one handed auto shoot roguelite. Be warned it is very heavy on metaprogression.

Thanks, I'm 5 minutes into this and I love it so far

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

XCOM 2 is on sale for $14.99: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.feralinteractive.xcom2_android&hl=en_US&gl=US

I'm playing it on my Galaxy S9 SD845 and it runs pretty well! It's clearly dropping below 30fps sometimes, but I'm not too bothered. I think it'd be better on a large phone as it's a bit fiddly on the 5.8" S9, but honestly it's a really well done port and I haven't encountered any showstopping bugs, and only had 1 crash in about 4 hours of playing or so.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 30, 2021

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Looks like a permanent price drop (and $20 CAD) ... put it in my wishlist in case I ever run out of games. (Already played the poo poo out of it on PC!)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Harminoff posted:

For anybody unsure, you get to play as a cat in overalls named Cheese.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Yeah this game rules. Thanks.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Harminoff posted:

Be warned it is very heavy on metaprogression.

Holy crap you're not kidding! One knowledge point per run seems pretty slow.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Do I understand correctly that you can only unlock the next island with real money?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I was enjoying it until the massive "pay to continue" message came up.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Paladinus posted:

Do I understand correctly that you can only unlock the next island with real money?

Just came here to post about this. Turns out the game is free as an extended demo of sorts, and you have to pay :10bux: to unlock the full game.

Amniotic
Jan 23, 2008

Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

If you say no, an ad supported option pops up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a neat game, but I'm not sure it's ten bucks neat. Based on the locked teleporter destinations, looks like there are two more islands.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Dang didn't know that, sorry. I haven't beat the first boss yet at 25 runs lol. How many did it take you all? I've just been working on getting all the upgrade unlocks

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Took me 5 runs to beat the boss.

So looks like the option to unlock the next Island is to watch 19 adverts in full in a row.

I never got that option the first time I clicked no. There was only the option to pay.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Yeah, $10 is pretty steep. $5 would be more reasonable in my opinion.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

are there any games that would be fun or pretty on my giant Samsung pro 7+?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

are there any games that would be fun or pretty on my giant Samsung pro 7+?

Dungeon of the Endless, Crypt of the Necrodancer

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tsietisin posted:

Took me 5 runs to beat the boss.

So looks like the option to unlock the next Island is to watch 19 adverts in full in a row.

I never got that option the first time I clicked no. There was only the option to pay.

And I suspect future islands will be double the ads.

But at least you can watch ads for leaves whenever you want so you can spread it out beforehand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
You can if you don't have anything blocking ads.