Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

He deleted it. Anyone know what it said?

Vendor called him directly, said boss & manager lied to them and told them he was holding the project hostage.

Vendor offers him a contract at double what he demanded from his boss, cites clause in contract that allows vendor to hire a 3rd party and charge it to boss's company if they can't deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

He deleted it. Anyone know what it said?

https://www.unddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/rs554s/there_arose_such_a_clatter_i_sprang_from_my_bed/

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thanks! God I hope this story is true. It’s so good.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

You might be saying that he’s just 65, but he was a former welder and might have some dementia. This dude is build like a truck and he’s huge. That would have been a loving brawl.

I have seen far too many videos on the internet of perfectly strong and in-shape 20 or 30 somethings square up against a fat old wheezing boomer and then just get wrecked by old man strength, you made the right choice, no thanks to that!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Yeah the guy that runs our hunting camp is an old ironworker in his 70s with every orthopedic problem there is, but if you think I’m getting within arm’s reach of him when he’s angry you’re loving mistaken

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I took this week off and with the snow, I feel like I made the right choice. We have a gas fire pit it's kind of nice to sit out at night in the snow and drink or wait for my edibles to kick in. My partner is supposed to get back in from her Minnesota unibomber cabin experience tonight but who knows since flights in and out of SeaTac have been royally hosed

My Exia Gunpla is going to have be a work lunch break activity since Lena, my grey cat, has decided she absolutely loves loving around with the pieces. Much like puzzles, Gunpla is now a work break only activity thanks to the cats

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

T-Square posted:

I have seen far too many videos on the internet of perfectly strong and in-shape 20 or 30 somethings square up against a fat old wheezing boomer and then just get wrecked by old man strength, you made the right choice, no thanks to that!

I forget many of the details, but there was one of those fun 20 second street-fight-into-brutal-KO videos a while back where some young skinny guy was bouncing around yelling and shittalking this old black guy in a real nice looking track suit and hat, eventually the old guy slowly puts his hands in position and hunches his shoulders, young guy comes running in and gets utterly blasted into oblivion with a quick combo, there was somebody who grabbed a screenshot of the old boy looking snazzy and just getting into his stance and said something to the effect of “if you see an old man who dresses and moves like this coming at you, you know you done hosed up”.

Anyway, I just ate a whole pile of Nashville hot chicken knowing I’m going into the gym in about 3 hours, wish me luck goons

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

So one of his former coworkers saved their asses and gets punished anyway, great company to work for

quote:

One of my coworkers finds the documentation and fixes the reports. Later in the afternoon, he is served corrective action because he was accountable for processing the corrupted file and did not find the documentation faster. He tells me the manager, HR, and the CEO spent all night finding evidence to support the corrective action. I tell him to get his resume up to date. Total down time: 16 hours

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 30, 2021

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thaddius the Large posted:

I forget many of the details, but there was one of those fun 20 second street-fight-into-brutal-KO videos a while back where some young skinny guy was bouncing around yelling and shittalking this old black guy in a real nice looking track suit and hat, eventually the old guy slowly puts his hands in position and hunches his shoulders, young guy comes running in and gets utterly blasted into oblivion with a quick combo, there was somebody who grabbed a screenshot of the old boy looking snazzy and just getting into his stance and said something to the effect of “if you see an old man who dresses and moves like this coming at you, you know you done hosed up”.

Anyway, I just ate a whole pile of Nashville hot chicken knowing I’m going into the gym in about 3 hours, wish me luck goons

I would love to see this video.

Also, the hot snakes will be worth it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Was it this one?

https://youtu.be/vWPQBuEcVVs

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Lol, I’m guessing so, though there remains the very real possibility I’m misremembering or conflating two different videos, it was definitely something in the TFF chat thread but anywhere from 1-5 years ago (oh god why’d I think about that)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

LeeMajors posted:

I would love to see this video.

Also, the hot snakes will be worth it.

So I've been a big fan of the band Hot Snakes for a while.

I'm just now getting their name.

Listen to Hot Snakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeBj9wy6ni0

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Any time the guy you’re squaring up against is being called champ is a time when you should just walk the gently caress away.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Intruder posted:

So one of his former coworkers saved their asses and gets punished anyway, great company to work for

This is exactly what my company would do.

A coworker fixed a down production application by restarting a service. About a month ago he called out the dev team that manages this app (and didn't know it was down) for directly making changes in production without testing. They searched the logs to find his restart, reported him, and he got a "last warning" strike on him that cost him at least $10k in bonuses and merit increases. Nothing happened to the team that broke production with their changes.

He'll be giving a 1 day notice next week after his background check clears. He's also the third of 5 on my team that will have resigned over 2 weeks.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The Soviet School of Management. It is always someone else’s fault as long as that person is junior to you.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
After a Holiday Hiatus, Jackbox is back tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/M9xCXfRq

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
In happier news, try 2 of pizza night with the Ooni Koda 16 with Braksgirl was a smashing success. She made a new pizza dough recipe outside and literally had my family come off the street and stop by for a slice.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I have taken like 10 boxes to donate this week and it still seems like I have way too much poo poo. The real problem is all the poo poo my toddler got from Christmas.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The real problem is all the poo poo my toddler got from Christmas.

It really is bad

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

It really is bad

I think next year I need to tell my family 2 gifts max or something. He must’ve gotten like 20 presents this year. We barely gave him anything ourselves. We even had a few presents bought that we are holding back for his birthday in a few months.

For someone like me that hates lots of clutter, it’s slowly driving me insane.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Silly Burrito posted:

In happier news, try 2 of pizza night with the Ooni Koda 16 with Braksgirl was a smashing success. She made a new pizza dough recipe outside and literally had my family come off the street and stop by for a slice.

Getting ready to use my Koda 16 for the first time tomorrow night. Anything in particular you guys learned that I should know before I burn all our dinners?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I think next year I need to tell my family 2 gifts max or something. He must’ve gotten like 20 presents this year. We barely gave him anything ourselves. We even had a few presents bought that we are holding back for his birthday in a few months.

For someone like me that hates lots of clutter, it’s slowly driving me insane.

He’ll only be that young once, don’t let it bother you too much. We constantly sold or donated old toys that the kids had outgrown when the new fresh batch came in.

Just be careful of stepping on those little bitty legos. Memes aside, that poo poo hurts.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Getting ready to use my Koda 16 for the first time tomorrow night. Anything in particular you guys learned that I should know before I burn all our dinners?

Braks would say more but there is a recipe in the book for a crust that was more suitable than her regular recipe (which was too sticky). Turned out pretty well. We’re still waiting for her turner and the temp gun as all I got her was the 16” peel to start but she was getting the hang of it.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I would say make extra dough because you ARE going to mess one or two up. It's inevitable.

The main steps that I've found that work in my experience of 2 times:

-Use a dough that is not sticky. My normal dough that I use for indoor pizzas is very sticky and did not work well in the Koda. Tonight I used the dough recipe from the Ooni website and it worked a treat.

-When you're dressing the pizza, dress it on the peel. Flour the peel up, put the dough round on, then top it. Do this right before you're ready to put your pizza into the oven (after you've preheated and adjusted the temp for cooking) because the longer you let sauce and toppings sit on the dough, the more moisture is going to seep into the dough and cause it to stick. Once you're ready to launch, give the pizza a little shake to make sure it's not stuck in any spots. If it is, lift one small section of the dough and blow under the pizza to cause it to move like a hovercraft. That little bubble of air should lift the pizza off the peel and loosen it so that you can launch it into the oven.

-You'll be tempted to use a lot of toppings, but don't. The more you weigh down the dough, the harder it will be to launch the pizza into the oven.

- Preheat the oven on high, but turn it down to low, or medium low to cook. I cooked on medium last time and got a good bit of burning, but I did low this time. The bottom of the crust didn't get as spotty as I would have liked so I'm going to play around with the temp.

-Mise en place as much as you can. The pizzas cook really quickly so if you're trying to prep while actively cooking, it's not going to work.

-Invest in a turning peel. I have the 16" Ooni peel but it's crap for turning the pizza so I ordered a turning peel on Amazon. It isn't here yet so I can't speak to how it works yet, but turning the pizza with the big peel is a pain.

This second attempt went WAY better than the first and I think a lot of that is due to having a drier pizza dough recipe. Here are the results. They got to the margherita before I could take a pic. Yes one has pineapple but the baby asked for it and baby gets what she wants.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

In the original Matrix movies, it it ever elaborated on why it’s a good idea to leave/dismantle the Matrix? Seems like the best case scenario in the “real” world is that they beat the robots and eventually build their way back to a capitalist society that’s maybe about as good as what they experienced in the Matrix to begin with.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

General Dog posted:

In the original Matrix movies, it it ever elaborated on why it’s a good idea to leave/dismantle the Matrix? Seems like the best case scenario in the “real” world is that they beat the robots and eventually build their way back to a capitalist society that’s maybe about as good as what they experienced in the Matrix to begin with.

I don't know but everyone inside the Matrix seemed happy and they had decent food and their clothes weren't ripped and they weren't getting attacked by machines. Leave my rear end in a pod, please.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

Thats part of the debate but yeah. The city they showed was struggling to feed and water and clothe the people they did have. What were they going to do with a massive population influx?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Should've struck a deal where they make being in the pods a bit better and reboot it slightly more often (like why in Pod-Matrix is there famines and childhood cancer and poo poo?) make everyone the equivalent of an office worker drone Cubs fan who gets to a see a championship once in their life and is otherwise just coasting

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Kalli posted:

Should've struck a deal where they make being in the pods a bit better and reboot it slightly more often (like why in Pod-Matrix is there famines and childhood cancer and poo poo?) make everyone the equivalent of an office worker drone Cubs fan who gets to a see a championship once in their life and is otherwise just coasting

Also people should have the choice to replace dead people as their nutrient slurry with Impossible Slurry

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

The explanation of why the Matrix is not a paradise is they tried that but humanity defines its existence through suffering. Of course there is the point that why do they need to be conscious at all? Or why not use cows?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Animatrix shows that the robots get off on human suffering, and hell, the humans deserve it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Animatrix shows that the robots get off on human suffering, and hell, the humans deserve it.

Thus, the machines are themselves human

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Didn’t they say that they made heaven first and it was a miserable failure?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

The machines are dumb because they can create anti grav flying machines but don’t think about putting a solar array above the clouds to power their civilization? The reason the sky was scorched was to stop the use of solar power. Or just leave Earth entirely because they don’t need water, oxygen to breathe or a tight range of temperatures to the exist. Just go colonize space and let the humans wallow on the poo poo hole of their creation.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BigPaddy posted:

The machines are dumb because they can create anti grav flying machines but don’t think about putting a solar array above the clouds to power their civilization? The reason the sky was scorched was to stop the use of solar power. Or just leave Earth entirely because they don’t need water, oxygen to breathe or a tight range of temperatures to the exist. Just go colonize space and let the humans wallow on the poo poo hole of their creation.

Hurting humans was the point, they're just as petty and vindictive as people.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Braksgirl posted:

I would say make extra dough because you ARE going to mess one or two up. It's inevitable.

The main steps that I've found that work in my experience of 2 times:

-Use a dough that is not sticky. My normal dough that I use for indoor pizzas is very sticky and did not work well in the Koda. Tonight I used the dough recipe from the Ooni website and it worked a treat.

-When you're dressing the pizza, dress it on the peel. Flour the peel up, put the dough round on, then top it. Do this right before you're ready to put your pizza into the oven (after you've preheated and adjusted the temp for cooking) because the longer you let sauce and toppings sit on the dough, the more moisture is going to seep into the dough and cause it to stick. Once you're ready to launch, give the pizza a little shake to make sure it's not stuck in any spots. If it is, lift one small section of the dough and blow under the pizza to cause it to move like a hovercraft. That little bubble of air should lift the pizza off the peel and loosen it so that you can launch it into the oven.

-You'll be tempted to use a lot of toppings, but don't. The more you weigh down the dough, the harder it will be to launch the pizza into the oven.

- Preheat the oven on high, but turn it down to low, or medium low to cook. I cooked on medium last time and got a good bit of burning, but I did low this time. The bottom of the crust didn't get as spotty as I would have liked so I'm going to play around with the temp.

-Mise en place as much as you can. The pizzas cook really quickly so if you're trying to prep while actively cooking, it's not going to work.

-Invest in a turning peel. I have the 16" Ooni peel but it's crap for turning the pizza so I ordered a turning peel on Amazon. It isn't here yet so I can't speak to how it works yet, but turning the pizza with the big peel is a pain.

This second attempt went WAY better than the first and I think a lot of that is due to having a drier pizza dough recipe. Here are the results. They got to the margherita before I could take a pic. Yes one has pineapple but the baby asked for it and baby gets what she wants.

I'm on my way over

e: Ben's drawing his spank bank again

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 31, 2021

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

General Dog posted:

After a Holiday Hiatus, Jackbox is back tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/M9xCXfRq

Making another call on this

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BigPaddy posted:

The explanation of why the Matrix is not a paradise is they tried that but humanity defines its existence through suffering. Of course there is the point that why do they need to be conscious at all? Or why not use cows?

Literally in the car on the way home from the Matrix in 1999 my mom said "Why didn't they just use pigs?"

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Thanks for the tips! It sounds like I'm largely on the right track but will have to get my technique down for dressing/launching/turning the pizza until it's a smooth process. I have a turning peel on order which should be here tomorrow, hopefully before I'm ready to get started. Last night I made the "classic pizza dough" recipe from the Ooni site and the dough was a lot stickier than I remembered from the last time I made from-scratch pizza (it's been a couple years) and may need to be switched up in the future. Making my sauce right now, just a simple one posted in the pizza thread. Had to buy propane today since I've never used it before and have always had a vague fear in the back of my mind that I might blow myself up.

That's the good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Man, I’m having a really hard time making myself go to work tomorrow and the days upcoming. We’ve started dropped like flies with Covid cases and SC has reported 20k+ new cases since Christmas Eve.

I just want to sit indoors and do nothing and just not endanger myself running from respiratory call to respiratory call for 14hrs a day.

I should like find a desk job.