Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sebmojo posted:

That was advanced warfare, not infinite. A large but finite number of warfares.

Gah! I thought I was maybe getting my CoD's mixed up, but in my defense they all start to overlap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Like I don't want to oversell it, it's a short, fairly linear hoorah shooter. But it's gorgeous looking, particularly with textures and faces, the writing (by the voice actor for the protagonist, who also did cod:mw) is better than serviceable, the action has that dialled in cod sheen, the space combat is fun as hell and the let's all be sad about the human cost of this terrible war bit at the end is, somehow , not completely laughable (ymmv on that obv).

The one thing sc competes on is ship design, the space ships are mostly f35 knockoffs and pretend space aircraft carriers.

Novaspectra
Jan 20, 2020

Lammasu posted:

I have this idea for river based halflings that breed otters called otterfolk.

If you want to turn that into a movie franchise, I know a great mocap team...

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The press F for respects was the Kevin Spacey game, I understand if you memory holed that jackass and anything associated with him.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
assume a spherical seal

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lmao

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
F

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Uck

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Matthew Andrews: So, picture a flat surface. Out of the surface, one letter rises.

Sarah Austin: From the alphabet?

Matthew Andrews: Yes.

- a quote from After Last Season

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

skeletors_condom posted:

The Scam Anniversary is running from Nov 19th to Nov 26th:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18377-Countdown-To-IAE#iae-schedule

Place your bet on many dollars "worth" of JPEGs they will sell during the scam anniversary!

If there is interest, I will throw down 2 good space games and 1 city-builder game I really like.

Between the 19th and the 26th of November inclusive, based on the API tracker spreadsheet, Citizens donated a huge amount to the Crobbear's vitamin fund: $10,228,478.22

Our winner, commando in tophat:

However, since in fact the Scam anniversary sale did not end on the 26th, but continued through to the 1st of Dec, the total amount spent on JPEGs was actually $19,687,152.55 , so honorable mention to Thirsty Dog for guessing how much money can be parted from gullible idiots:

@commando, @Thirsty Dog, congrats! Chose a space-themed game of your liking and I'll do my best to get you a copy for the New Year.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rugz posted:

With time rapidly running out for a 2021 Letter From The Chairman what will the attempt at narrative control be:

• Give him a break it's Christmas
  • Give him a break he is moving his whole family to the UK
  • Give him a break he is busy sorting out SQ42
  • We saw him months ago we don't need another announcement
  • Nobody actually cares about those things so I'm glad he isn't wasting time on them

They'll just ignore any issues. Thank you for your support in 2021, we love you, the best is yet to come, buy an Idris.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This thing close to being done yet?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

spacetoaster posted:

No, Trump voter, it is not.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

No, Trump voter, it is not.

I figured it'd have died by now. Are people STILL giving them money?

And don't be mad at me because you voted for a ra(p)(c)ist. I voted for Howie.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

"Chairman Roberts was last seen touring the offices where he helped in the glorious anti-capitalist production of the people's sausages.

Don't believe anti capitalist lies about his departure and untimely death!"

*grainy footage plays of Chris holding a giant Sausage, smiling with a conspicuous calendar spliced in, showing last week's date*

" Health and prosperity to Chairman Roberts!"

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Yes! Dune came out months ago

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Shazback posted:

Between the 19th and the 26th of November inclusive, based on the API tracker spreadsheet, Citizens donated a huge amount to the Crobbear's vitamin fund: $10,228,478.22

Our winner, commando in tophat:

However, since in fact the Scam anniversary sale did not end on the 26th, but continued through to the 1st of Dec, the total amount spent on JPEGs was actually $19,687,152.55 , so honorable mention to Thirsty Dog for guessing how much money can be parted from gullible idiots:

@commando, @Thirsty Dog, congrats! Chose a space-themed game of your liking and I'll do my best to get you a copy for the New Year.

:lol: I hope chris sees all this new money and decides to restart sq404

Anyway, I don't have PMs and last time I tried giving this forums money both my cards got blocked by my bank, so I'll let it go to second place

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

commando in tophat posted:

:lol: I hope chris sees all this new money and decides to restart sq404

Anyway, I don't have PMs and last time I tried giving this forums money both my cards got blocked by my bank, so I'll let it go to second place
Gotta admit I've never heard of Star Citizen having problems getting people's money...
Praise Chris for saving the PC gaming market!

Prize goes to second place guesser Dark Off then:

Dark Off posted:

$11,218,720.
also we are going to hit 400 million dollars soon :toot:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://twitter.com/i/status/1476693392260272133

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Happy new year y'all. :)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

If you succeed CiG.... I mean... my god. You'll raise the bar to a whole other level posted:

• fire spreading through the ship and you have to leave your seat mid battle to extinguish it before it reaches the power drive or you're dead.
  • meeting alien civilizations
  • engineers having to learn the ships technical build in order to reroute power to certain relais depending on the situation, making sure the crew can survive
  • your own persistent quarters, hangar, habs, outpost, where all the stuff you gather will remain untill needed.
  • fuel, component, weapon, and ship prices all dependant on the ingame economy
  • triggering the most peaceful player into a cold blooded killer or he or she will lose his/her ship
  • org warfare
  • your own ship names and interiors, together with modular components, engineering gameplay, skins, outer hull wear, and battle scars making it truly your ship
  • 100 star systems which you can visit with that ship
  • finding an abandoned temple or derilict spacecraft on a wild planet which you can explore
  • visiting a small outpost on a distant moon from an outer system
  • pirates trying to board your ship after they've disabled it, and you gearing up to counter them
  • alien animals and primitive intelligence
  • walking on board a docked 890 jump for a luxury mission
  • hacking a terminal to get valuable data back to the boss, 6 star systems away.
  • sending probes out to the far edge of a new found system mapping it on your holotable
  • loading your magazine before battle with a valkyrie on the background
  • boarding a derilict reclaimer
  • landing on a jungle planet
  • NPC's with full on scedules and outfits hinting where they're from.
  • Flying through canyons!
The list goes on and on.

CiG... IF you can pull this off... God I hope you can pull it off. Please pull it off.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

LOL half those things won't work at all even in the best of times.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
What's a luxury mission?

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Lammasu posted:

What's a luxury mission?

remember when Picard went to the sex vacation planet and just read books the whole time?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lammasu posted:

What's a luxury mission?

I’m going to guess it involves space hookers

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

BitBasher posted:

LOL half those things won't work at all even in the best of times.

They're basically just describing FTL, but with abysmal frame rate and made by pre-schoolers.

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL

So if I buy Starsector and Barotrauma I get the full final Star Citizen experience today?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Please look at the following image to plan your 2022 budget.

Remember, there is more to life than just an Idris

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

trucutru posted:

:mods:

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

trucutru posted:

Which was the ship that the devs were crying about having to design due to how complex it was? Was it the Endeavor?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Playing devil’s avocado, I’m kinda surprised how many of those are in. For a certain value of in, obviously.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Torquemada posted:

Playing devil’s avocado, I’m kinda surprised how many of those are in. For a certain value of in, obviously.

I mean, a good number are variants of other ships, so if they have 1 flyable all 4 are flyable, it really skews the 'finished' numbers

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Chloe Jessica posted:

remember when Picard went to the sex vacation planet and just read books the whole time?

I wish you could book mark posts.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Rugz posted:

Which was the ship that the devs were crying about having to design due to how complex it was? Was it the Endeavor?

Yeah designing a ship that can hold a farm, a telescope, and a supercollider might have been a tad ambitious given how hard ramps and boxes are.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Dear thread, thank you for the COD infinite war recommendation. Lot of bombastic fun here.

Also, it is amazing how much better this game looks than star citizen.

.random
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

I wish you could book mark posts.

You can! Just have to do it… in your browser :aaa:

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah designing a ship that can hold a farm, a telescope, and a supercollider might have been a tad ambitious given how hard ramps and boxes are.

Thought so. Just wait until they hear about Peach Crobbler's plan for the Spider space junk station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

trucutru posted:

The one that is the funniest to me is the Nautilus, introduced 2 years ago at a big backer event, and still isn't in the game, its core mechanics (minelaying) still aren't in the game, and there's no hint at all even HOW minelaying would actually work in the game. Yet citizens still talk about it on the subreddit like it's a viable ship that fulfills an important role in their "fleet". :shepspends: