Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Scourge is Evil-Sonic after a personality shift and name change, and since Penders introduced Evil-Sonic he legally is responsible for Scourge, even though everything about Scourge people actually liked was Ian's doing. So it goes.

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly hope SEGA uses this as a chance to just ruin Penders life with litigation

Sega isn't going near Penders with a ten-billion-foot pole, sorry. And besides, a lawsuit would give Penders the publicity he craves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Two more pages of Imposter Syndrome before it releases later.

https://twitter.com/IDWSonicNews/status/1460583493243752455?t=qjv-6viQWh7ugzo35A5GzQ&s=19

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Imposter Syndrome #1 is out, and I have a feeling the relationship between Starline, Surge, and Kit won't work out.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/1461142771402694660
https://twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/1461143942200709120

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
Funny because I also remember childhood playground games featuring makebelieve Blue Tails.

Not really clear if I actually saw it in game, or if we just made it up because we were like 7. Could also be that it was something you could do with the action replay / gameshark if it wasn't a real glitch?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Imposter Syndrome seems to be starting off pretty good. loving Starline, man. Duder didn't even give his kids the truth OR a fake history , just be Sonic and Tails and don't think about it too hard. And the hypnosis thing didn't even hold up through the issue.

Should all blow up real nice.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Starline is the Rick Sanchez this franchise never knew it needed :allears:

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly hope SEGA uses this as a chance to just ruin Penders life with litigation

Let's face it, he seems to do that on his own by din of existing.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 19, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Scourge Comic died. Creators could not handle the backlash.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Caidin posted:

Imposter Syndrome seems to be starting off pretty good. loving Starline, man. Duder didn't even give his kids the truth OR a fake history , just be Sonic and Tails and don't think about it too hard. And the hypnosis thing didn't even hold up through the issue.

Should all blow up real nice.

I am also liking them as characters so far.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Scourge Comic died. Creators could not handle the backlash.

:geno: I'm shocked.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am also liking them as characters so far.

Yeah their pretty good. Mostly observing Kit the closest here. Surge is a cocky rear end brute, but Kit has that look in his eyes...

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
The new characters have pretty much all been great so far aside from Mimic (not that he's a bad character, I just find him kind of dull), so I'm eager to see how said Imposter Syndrome plays out. To be honest, I wonder if Surge and Kit can even step to Sonic and Tails, and I really want to see what Starline's plan for Eggman entails.

Starline really is defined by his hubris, huh?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Agent Rush posted:

The new characters have pretty much all been great so far aside from Mimic (not that he's a bad character, I just find him kind of dull), so I'm eager to see how said Imposter Syndrome plays out. To be honest, I wonder if Surge and Kit can even step to Sonic and Tails, and I really want to see what Starline's plan for Eggman entails.

Starline really is defined by his hubris, huh?

Starline is walking into this thing after so much preparation and yet is somehow still so half assed in his execution that I can't call it that because the skeleton of his plan doesn't even have a pelvis to mount butt cheeks on.

It's great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Caidin posted:

Yeah their pretty good. Mostly observing Kit the closest here. Surge is a cocky rear end brute, but Kit has that look in his eyes...

He has a malicious look when he brings up his idea to create problems.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A good look over the whole mess with the Scourge Comic.
https://thankskenpenders.tumblr.com/post/668408799676252160/scourge-the-speed-demon-a-summary

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

https://twitter.com/Loopyyylupe/status/1464656686510227460?t=WS0z4pDicD4xnmyx2wHAWw&s=19

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The most believeable part of that is that Starline would absolutely build a vanity bed but not a door to his bedroom.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Not strictly comic related but, Ian Flynn is now writing for the mainline Sonic games after his stint on the comics.

https://www.gameinformer.com/the-game-awards-2021/2021/12/09/sonic-frontiers-drops-the-blue-blur-into-his-first-open-world-game

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Huh this is the first time I heard there was a new game. An open world Sonic sounds like a bad idea. But hey I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Not strictly comic related but, Ian Flynn is now writing for the mainline Sonic games after his stint on the comics.

https://www.gameinformer.com/the-game-awards-2021/2021/12/09/sonic-frontiers-drops-the-blue-blur-into-his-first-open-world-game

The writing and plots were not the problem with modern Sonic games, but I'm glad he gets to add to the games.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Oh, that's neat! Good for Flynn.

Having big spaces to run around in sounds cool, but hopefully there's actually things to do in them.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

https://twitter.com/SpiritSonic/status/1476722455657922561?t=oLe9f1NJLWA_8p3WqV7VRw&s=19

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Previews of Imposter Syndrome 2

https://twitter.com/IDWSonicNews/status/1475963966174208003

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Getting some bad Nam flashbacks to RWBY (Thanks, Ms. Cagle), here.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 1, 2022

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Of course Robotnik is a WiFi Warrior.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

I just realized that no one in this thread has said literally anything about the Trial by Fire arc (i.e. the story from issues 45-47). I say I really like Matt Froese's ink work; IDW artists usually do their own inks (though it seems like separate inkers are starting to pop up more often), as opposed to Archie where it was a rule that artists couldn't do their own inks outside of a few exceptions.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Draga posted:

Of course Robotnik is a WiFi Warrior.

He probably does, ligit, have the good wifi, though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I just realized that no one in this thread has said literally anything about the Trial by Fire arc (i.e. the story from issues 45-47). I say I really like Matt Froese's ink work; IDW artists usually do their own inks (though it seems like separate inkers are starting to pop up more often), as opposed to Archie where it was a rule that artists couldn't do their own inks outside of a few exceptions.

It was okay but it really felt like blatant filler, like it's the kind of thing that back in Archie would have been a single issue plot, maybe two if it was a backup feature

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah it was fun, but I don't really have much to say about it. I am much more interested in the Imposter Syndrome stuff right now.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I think that's my opinion too, I understand the desire for smaller scale stories after a big event but it wasn't nearly as charming as Chao Races and Badnik Bases. The art was fantastic though, and it's cool to see Tangle, Jewel, and Belle showing off their skills at least!

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007
For anyone interested, there's now a Tangle plush on sale: https://geemerch.com/products/sonic-the-hedgehog-tangle-plush-10h

Cool that these comic only characters are getting some love.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It is Tangle and Whisper also showed up in a couple of the mobile games so it would be cool to see comic characters in the main games.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

It was them. Seems Sega is way more ready to accept the IDW characters than any of the Archie characters, pre or post reboot.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Imposters 3 came out. Surge and Kit discover everything cause Starline records everything. They come to the conclusion of gently caress everyone. They plan to continue working with Starline to get Sonic, Tails and the Doctors all in one spot so they can wipe them all out.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I appreciate how their version of scrambling Starline's brains is just them sucking up to him.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

ConanThe3rd posted:

I appreciate how their version of scrambling Starline's brains is just them sucking up to him.

No more efficient method likely exists, so kudos to them.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Alright, so I just got caught up on this series after meaning to check it out since...Pretty much the release of the first issue, and absolutely adore it.

My thoughts:
-The artwork is absolutely gorgeous and I love it.
-There's just something inherently pleasing about the proportions of all the Sonic-sized manimal characters in relation to the little cars they drive and the cities they inhabit.
-Good gravy but Nathalie Fourdraine's covers are gorgeous, I wish she made more contributions to the interior art.
-At some point I started reading all of Tangle's dialogue in the voice of Sticks from the Sonic Boom cartoon and now I can't stop...
-I really like the direction they've taken Amy in with this series and feel like it creates a really nice character arc when viewed alongside the way her character has changed throughout the game series since her introduction in Sonic CD.
-By extension, I really like the recurring "Girls Night Out" mini-arcs we've gotten where she goes off and has low stakes escapades with some of the other female cast members between major story arcs (ie The Chao Racing Arc after the Metal Virus saga and the more recent camping arc after the Belle arc)
-Everybody's talking about Surge and Kit, but I want to talk about how Vector and Espio are basically just Charmy's dads in issue 48!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

KingKalamari posted:

Alright, so I just got caught up on this series after meaning to check it out since...Pretty much the release of the first issue, and absolutely adore it.

My thoughts:
-The artwork is absolutely gorgeous and I love it.
-There's just something inherently pleasing about the proportions of all the Sonic-sized manimal characters in relation to the little cars they drive and the cities they inhabit.
-Good gravy but Nathalie Fourdraine's covers are gorgeous, I wish she made more contributions to the interior art.
-At some point I started reading all of Tangle's dialogue in the voice of Sticks from the Sonic Boom cartoon and now I can't stop...
-I really like the direction they've taken Amy in with this series and feel like it creates a really nice character arc when viewed alongside the way her character has changed throughout the game series since her introduction in Sonic CD.
-By extension, I really like the recurring "Girls Night Out" mini-arcs we've gotten where she goes off and has low stakes escapades with some of the other female cast members between major story arcs (ie The Chao Racing Arc after the Metal Virus saga and the more recent camping arc after the Belle arc)
-Everybody's talking about Surge and Kit, but I want to talk about how Vector and Espio are basically just Charmy's dads in issue 48!

Espio and Vector have been Charmy’s dads for a while. Also out of Curiosity what are your thoughts on the most notable original character Dr. Starline.