Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DoA 4 was a very fun fighting game but like, if you buy it now don't expect anything but local multiplayer and theres not really much singleplayer to speak of. It has some slight balancing issues due to the counter system but just mashing out with friends you'll probably never hit that level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The series really hasnt changed at all over the years, which i'm kinda glad for. Dead or Alive stays consistent if nothing else. But that also means going back to the older games isn't really worth it. I would recommend just getting Dead or Alive 6. Although wait for it to be on sale.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DoA 6 is just as dead as 4, and doesn't have the Spartan so Id go with 4

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Before I head to eBay, did anyone ITT want to buy the Fortnite/Rocket League DLC pack exclusive to the Series S|X? Completed listings on eBay have gone for ~$100-200. I'll give a goon discount :) In order to claim the DLC, looks like I'd have to log in with your Xbox info on my Series S. PM me if you're interested and we can chat over Discord or something.

[edit] This is the stuff included:

teagone fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 30, 2021

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Now that I think about it a big part of the problem with video game names, anime or not, is that everything is a media franchise that needs to have it's complete name and also needs it's own individual identity.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

that's $100-200 these days? kids have too much money.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, I guess it's because they're console exclusives. Rare skins go for a lot apparently! https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Fortnite%2FRocket+League+Midnight+Drive+Pack&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I said come in! posted:

The series really hasnt changed at all over the years, which i'm kinda glad for. Dead or Alive stays consistent if nothing else. But that also means going back to the older games isn't really worth it. I would recommend just getting Dead or Alive 6. Although wait for it to be on sale.

the big innovation in DOA6 was curiously horny amounts of sweat on your bruised female victory poses

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the big innovation in DOA6 was curiously horny amounts of sweat on your bruised female victory poses

How is anything in a DOA game "curiously" horny?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Lammasu posted:

How is anything in a DOA game "curiously" horny?

I guess I was trying to imply that it's one of the creepier things in an already creepy series, along with the generic 14 year old looking cosply anime fighters they started adding after 4.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
BioShock Collection is 80% off at the moment in the Xbox store. I enjoyed the original games, but how well have they aged?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

WattsvilleBlues posted:

BioShock Collection is 80% off at the moment in the Xbox store. I enjoyed the original games, but how well have they aged?

Bioshock is literally one of my favorite things. I got my own 360 because of Bioshock 2, which is an underrated game. In some ways the original Bioshock is like a mobile game because you have all these different resources like money, Adam, Eve, Crafting parts. The entire things kind of ridiculous. But when they cut down on it in Infinite it felt like it lost something. I really loved how crazy the modified weapons got in the first two games. I am super hyped for the new one.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

WattsvilleBlues posted:

BioShock: Atmosphere and story—with the exception of the ending—still top-notch, gameplay has aged a bit.

BioShock 2: Slight downgrade in story, but much more fun to play. My favorite BioShock game by far. Took way more poo poo than it deserved.

BioShock Infinite: Replayed this a few months ago. It's another downgrade in story, but the gameplay's solid enough. Still, in my estimation this actually aged more poorly than the other two. Reviewers loving adored it, but everybody turned on it hard after they saw through its facade, and it has only gotten worse.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I played the bioshock a few months ago and I was really annoyed at how I would always run out of ammo then I learned you had to use the wrench for everything except for the big daddies and it got a little better

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1/2 hold up great. 3 stinks

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Jesus, I forgot about Adam and Eve and all that circuit minigame stuff. I really don't like games with too many mechanics, I loved The Division 2 until I got to the stage where the constant grind became too much.

Not that BioShock is of the same ilk of course.

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009
Does the load up on 3 years of Live Gold then upgrade it all to Game Pass Ultimate for a $1 still work if you've done it before?

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

PolishPandaBear posted:

Does the load up on 3 years of Live Gold then upgrade it all to Game Pass Ultimate for a $1 still work if you've done it before?

The conversion should still work but it might cost you fifteen bucks unless you have a $1 promotion going.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

PolishPandaBear posted:

You’ll have to pay $15 instead of $1 but yes.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

1/2 hold up great. 3 stinks

The setting for 3 is cool but the combat is awful. Just all terrible bullet sponge enemies.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Snacksmaniac posted:

The setting for 3 is cool but the combat is awful. Just all terrible bullet sponge enemies.

Yeah it’s really bad, felt like it was trying to chase CoD trends. The setting is definitely interesting but the story was awful.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Sorry for flooding the thread like it's my twitter feed, but the end boss fight in Crysis is as bullshit bad now as it was 14 years ago. gently caress all visual indication of where takes damage and impossible to see ammo, then, and this is where the game really fucks you, you have to press a button to pick up ammo. And aim at a very specific pixel to do it.

Like why the gently caress would I not want to pick up ammo? I'm not managing inventory for Christ's love. Plus the controller dead zones in this game are idiotic. Why do developers not make sure their controls are crispy as hell?

Oh, and the non-sprint sprint speed is loving ridiculous.

Oh #2: The game decides randomly I can no longer go prone, and my movement speed is now reduced to something I can outdo, and I'm a fat bastard.

Oh #3! Pick up anmo is the same button as reload, so when the planets align and I want to pick up the ammo, it's already switched to another (useless) weapon and started to slowly reload. What the gently caress is wrong with these people!

I remember now I never finished Crysis back in the day because it was bugged at the end. Not just getting stuck on geometry (like something the size of a brick), but the big gun at the end just shot through the spaceship and the floating tentacle wankers just shot me to poo poo.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 31, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There was chat about this topic in the PS5 thread today and I agree with you. Any FPS game that makes you pick up ammo with a button press is filth.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Kevyn posted:

You’ll have to pay $15 instead of $1 but yes.

Can someone elaborate on this? Do you have to let your Gold expire, or just your Game Pass membership? My three years of Live/GP sub ends next June and (assuming nothing changes) I’d rather be able to re-up my Live membership for three years, then hit up the GP promo after the fact than have to let them both expire completely.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

There was chat about this topic in the PS5 thread today and I agree with you. Any FPS game that makes you pick up ammo with a button press is filth.

:yeah:

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
I have 5 Microsoft Fun bucks expiring on the 1st. I have Gamepass Ultimate. I don't have any IAPs / cosmetics that I want. What else can I do with it?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

FunOne posted:

I have 5 Microsoft Fun bucks expiring on the 1st. I have Gamepass Ultimate. I don't have any IAPs / cosmetics that I want. What else can I do with it?

Yakuza 0,1,2 are all on sale for 5 bucks and they leave gamepass soon.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

FunOne posted:

Death's Door

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

ColdPie posted:

Death's Door

I just bought this an hour before you posted this, it's great (and on sale!)

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Can someone elaborate on this? Do you have to let your Gold expire, or just your Game Pass membership? My three years of Live/GP sub ends next June and (assuming nothing changes) I’d rather be able to re-up my Live membership for three years, then hit up the GP promo after the fact than have to let them both expire completely.

Pretty sure that the move is to let your membership expire, load up on gold then convert it to GPU. No guarantee that the 1:1 conversion will still be in effect six months from now though.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
DOA 5 fucks. Plays great on Vita.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Disposable Scud posted:

DOA 5 fucks. Plays great on Vita.

100%

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

teagone posted:

Before I head to eBay, did anyone ITT want to buy the Fortnite/Rocket League DLC pack exclusive to the Series S|X? Completed listings on eBay have gone for ~$100-200. I'll give a goon discount :) In order to claim the DLC, looks like I'd have to log in with your Xbox info on my Series S. PM me if you're interested and we can chat over Discord or something.

[edit] This is the stuff included:

no offense to you and get that bag but anyone who would spend that much money on cosmetics has some sort of brain damage

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why didn’t my X come with any dumb DLC I can sell for $100?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cloks posted:

no offense to you and get that bag but anyone who would spend that much money on cosmetics has some sort of brain damage

100% agree, gonna fleece some dummy on eBay and have them pay for my Series S basically lol.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I played the first modern Shadow Warrior game this year (on PC) and it makes you pick up currency, which you use for weapon upgrades. They're small amounts instead of bundles of cash, frequently hiding in cupboards and containers.

It's a game that clearly takes you from enemy arena to enemy arena, but it's maddening that they extend the downtime between fights by having you scrounge for pennies.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

How about, in some weird edge case where I don't want to pick up the armor or health yet, you let me push a button to not do that since thats vastly more rare.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The Midniter posted:

If you currently have Ultimate, you'll just have to wait for it to expire. And if you tried to redeem a Live Gold code before then, it would just get converted to GP Ultimate at a worse conversion rate; you can't have Gold separately while having an active Ultimate sub.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

worst non-anime game name of all time is Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie and it ain’t close

The best game subtitle of all time may be "The World Tree's Woe And The Blight Below"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Seedge posted:

The best game subtitle of all time may be "The World Tree's Woe And The Blight Below"

I love that Outkast record how DARE you