Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sinteres posted:

This but Hildibrand and Allied Beast Tribe until Shadowbringers. Things change. Now that we've had an expansion with only one combat beast tribe, I assume that'll be the case again, and they can probably fold gathering in with crafting like they do with custom deliveries.

Ok but why would they? That would be one less source of experience for crafters or gatherers. There's no benefit to combining them rather than just having one for each like in Shadowbringers.

I don't really see where you're coming from with the idea of "there will only be two beast tribes" when there's been no indication of that anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It turns out a Sage can actually solo the last 3% of EX2 after everyone else forgets about one mechanic and dies!

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 31, 2021

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
they skipped announcing qitari for shadowbringers in that fanfest too, because "the first's version of qiqirn" probably weren't notable enough compared to "lalafell are a beast tribe here" and the existence of fairies

i think the reason they didn't announce the third in endwalker is the same reason they only showed concept art for a certain zone - any amount of actual detail would have been a HUGE spoiler as to what the expansion would do.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

P4 theme owns, I want to hear the "Christian rock" poster's thoughts on it

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I more interested in learning what cool things will come with the tribe quests. last expansion pixies got a little playground area, qitari got a cool totem pole tailored to your choices, and of course the dwarves got

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vitamean posted:

I more interested in learning what cool things will come with the tribe quests. last expansion pixies got a little playground area, qitari got a cool totem pole tailored to your choices, and of course the dwarves got

drunk.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

At the end of Endwalker you get a minion called Wind-Up Herois is this some reference I'm not getting?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think they just don't want to spoil the actual name of that character.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pwnstar posted:

At the end of Endwalker you get a minion called Wind-Up Herois is this some reference I'm not getting?

Herois is a Greek word used to refer to a demigoddess

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

Herois is a word to mean "great hero" or goddess so it is used instead of the name to avoid spoiling randos when you have it out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It became a running gag for me that everyone else had unlocked the tavern but it took me like an additional 5 days or so because it was RNG whether you unlocked it lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Have they said anything about opening new house plots/instances?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Herois is a word to mean "great hero" or goddess so it is used instead of the name to avoid spoiling randos when you have it out.

Just like the 5.3 minion is “Wind-up Mystrel”.

Still doesn’t work great because his hood is down but it’s the thought that counts I guess.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Barreft posted:

Have they said anything about opening new house plots/instances?

There's a whole new housing district in 6.1

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

Just like the 5.3 minion is “Wind-up Mystrel”.

Still doesn’t work great because his hood is down but it’s the thought that counts I guess.

Yeah it's not perfect but I suspect they're avoiding a Papalymo situation

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I appreciate the non-spoiler titles they give to all the duties

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

What are you talking about, I Was livid when I was spoiled about going to Containment Bay Z1T9.

I actually had to look it up to make that joke I didn't actually know what the name was.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I appreciate the non-spoiler titles they give to all the duties

One exception to this is (late EW spoilers) The Mothercrystal. That's a duty name that has a pretty specific implication.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm a level 84 BTN, with ilevel 500 gear. I'm trying to find and harvest giant popoto, which is a level 90 crop. I'm at the place it's supposed to be, but I don't see any.. am I just to low a level to be able to even FIND any? Is that a "thing" for Botanists and Miners, I've actually never ran into this before, but I've also never tried to gather materials higher than my level before IIRC.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm a level 84 BTN, with ilevel 500 gear. I'm trying to find and harvest giant popoto, which is a level 90 crop. I'm at the place it's supposed to be, but I don't see any.. am I just to low a level to be able to even FIND any? Is that a "thing" for Botanists and Miners, I've actually never ran into this before, but I've also never tried to gather materials higher than my level before IIRC.

I think you just can't see level 90 harvesting locations until you hit level 85.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh christ I want the cookbook.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

P4 theme owns, I want to hear the "Christian rock" poster's thoughts on it

It's good because it's not on repeat for 6 hours.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It isn't YET.

Though I doubt P4S will be any harder than E8S and I still love that song.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

It has a better Market board position than Limsa so I bet it'll be a default hangout for years to come.
Limsa marketboard is accessible to perma-idling alts without getting past ShB MSQ and can be used for cross-server purchases, it's never getting replaced unless they add a new city with the same functionally and pair it with a new starting point for new characters.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mister Olympus posted:

i think the reason they didn't announce the third in endwalker is the same reason they only showed concept art for a certain zone - any amount of actual detail would have been a HUGE spoiler as to what the expansion would do.

I will be very disappointed if it's not the Omicrons rebuilding the cafe at the edge of the universe.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Another draw for Limsa is that it's the first destination in the travel menu.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hellioning posted:

What are you talking about, I Was livid when I was spoiled about going to Containment Bay Z1T9.

I actually had to look it up to make that joke I didn't actually know what the name was.

"Oh, these guys in party finder are looking for help with..." *pulls out Google* "okay, that one. I can do that."

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

FuturePastNow posted:

I will be very disappointed if it's not the Omicrons rebuilding the cafe at the edge of the universe.

We should also get Smileton housing.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

HackensackBackpack posted:

We should also get Smileton housing.

If they got the music then I would spend any amount of time and gil to live there.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Kaubocks posted:

good news: i narrowed down what final 3 triple triad npcs i have to beat in order to get the 107 unique npcs achievement

bad news: i have to do all of ixal, vath, and vanu vanu dailies

you will learn to love the buggos and birbs and other birbs

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Alxprit posted:

Let's be real, the vanu are borbs.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kyrosiris posted:

Let's be real, the vanu are borbs.

blorbs

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I hate reaper because my goopy gamer goblin brain will press the 50 spender, get the soul shroud stack, and see that "hmm my 1-2-3 combo is still glowing i better press that button" instead of gallows/gibbet and lose the stack(s).

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Ok but why would they? That would be one less source of experience for crafters or gatherers. There's no benefit to combining them rather than just having one for each like in Shadowbringers.

I don't really see where you're coming from with the idea of "there will only be two beast tribes" when there's been no indication of that anyway.

Gatherers really really don't need extra sources of exp imo--there are only three, and they're easy/fast as hell to level. Certainly not comparable to eight crafters where you need a bunch of mats. I just feel like a gathering only beast tribe is super pointless, but obviously I'm not Yoshi-P so maybe I'm wrong.

Mister Olympus posted:

they skipped announcing qitari for shadowbringers in that fanfest too, because "the first's version of qiqirn" probably weren't notable enough compared to "lalafell are a beast tribe here" and the existence of fairies

Fair enough, that makes sense. I still hope they won't be gatherers if we get a third though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zeruel posted:

I hate reaper because my goopy gamer goblin brain will press the 50 spender, get the soul shroud stack, and see that "hmm my 1-2-3 combo is still glowing i better press that button" instead of gallows/gibbet and lose the stack(s).

if it helps, it's completely fine to delay the 50 spender until you finish you combo

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Zeruel posted:

I also do this and immediately kick myself every time :dumb:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

cheetah7071 posted:

if it helps, it's completely fine to delay the 50 spender until you finish you combo

yes but my gggb reacts to the 'you have gained enough for the spender' noise and i hit that mf button asap. its a vicious cycle that i can only break free from by learning the hard way.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Speaking of spender noise, as RDM, starting my moulinet combo at 50 mana instead of the required 60 :smith: Either reduce moulinet cost to 15 or use the secondary spender noise at 60.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Alxprit posted:

escape -> skip cutscene

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

How is it that the ARR Relic is still the best WAR relic all these expansions later?