Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
adherents of Deaf culture are weird and harmful but discussions about this are always a game of "how long does it take to realize you're just talking about eugenics" so uhh

----

My [27F] boyfriend [30M] won't accept that he can't make me orgasm. [NSFW]

quote:

BF and I have been together for three years, everything else in the relationship is good.

I have been on the highest dose of antidepressants and antipsychotics since I was a teenager, right around the time most people would be experimenting with masturbation and figuring themselves out sexually. These drugs basically made me asexual for a long time, killing any type of libido I might've had.

I became sexually active when I was 21 and had sex with two other men and one woman before I met my current boyfriend. The more I had sex, the more I found myself wanting it, and in those 6 years I have built up a healthy libido. My BF and I live together and we have sex more days than we don't. But I never experienced an orgasm when having sex, not from oral or PIV. Honestly, I never really thought about it that much, nor did I connect it with the medication I'm on as I did my lack of libido.

Anyway, fast forward to about a month ago and my BF is telling me that he wants to experiment with anal sex. I wasn't completely opposed to it but I was also very unsure and anxious about it. He suggested that we start with toys before the real deal, so we start with a vibrator. We never actually ended up using it for that purpose, because one day when I was home alone, I started to experiment on myself with it. On the lowest setting, I felt nothing. when I placed it on my clitoris. I kept turning it up until I got to the highest setting, and then I felt something. I felt something really good. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I experienced my first orgasm. I guess the years of medication have made my body so numb that I have to use the absolute highest setting, but holy poo poo. I found out that I was actually capable of it, and I just couldn't believe what I was missing.

I excitedly told my BF about it, and he immediately seemed pissed off. Apparently, he's been assuming that I've been orgasming from our sex since we started dating (side note: how could he think this? He would've felt that I wasn't having contractions). I asked him if I could use the vibrator to bring myself to orgasm while we had PIV sex, because I thought that would be an incredible experience that would be fantastic for both of us. He has refused, saying that he felt insulted that I'd feel the need to bring something else into the bedroom with us. I was really bummed out about this and I wasn't trying to insult him at all, but I didn't want to pursue the matter any further because I would have felt like I was pressuring him to do something that he was uncomfortable with sexually.

He seems to have taken the entire thing as an insult to his sexual performance. I have tried to explain to him that everything he does to me feels absolutely amazing and I enjoy every minute of it, but the years of medication have left me with a screwed up libido and sexual functioning. gently caress, I had to turn the vibrator to the super powerful highest settings the first time I ever used it just to orgasm. No human being on earth could copy that sensation, that's not anyone's fault.

The whole thing is starting to cause a rift in our relationship. When we have sex, we no longer have foreplay because "I can just go use my vibrator instead, I don't get anything from him". This is extremely upsetting to me as I love every second of foreplay with him, it still feels incredible even if it doesn't make me orgasm. Besides that, the intimacy is also very important to me. He said I have made him feel like less of a man and he can't cope with it. He can't accept that it's because of the medication and not something anyone has done wrong.

I'm making this post because tonight, he said that if I really loved him I'd come off my medication so that he can be the one to make me orgasm and we can have a "normal sex life". I'm absolutely awe-struck by this. He wants me to risk my mental health that I worked so hard for just to save his ego. I have never seen this kind of behaviour from him before. I thought he'd be happy that I had finally found a way to enjoy our sex even more. But no, it's all about him. It's not even about my pleasure, it's about how my pleasure makes him feel.

Any advice? I know I'm going to get responses telling me to dump him and I understand that, but you have to realise that our relationship was literally perfect before all this. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I don't want to lose him. If anyone has any advice on overcoming this rift, I'd be so grateful.

TL;DR I have been on medication for many years that has made me sexually numb. I recently discovered that I am capable of orgasm with an extremely powerful vibrator. BF finds this really insulting because it's not him making me orgasm, but something else. Thinks it makes him bad in bed and means that I don't enjoy having sex with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I kind of assumed pierced baby ears was pretty typical for American girls? My mom held off on me since she has a nickel allergy and was worried I had it, too. She was right. I ended up going to a tattoo parlor when I was teen to make sure I didn't get some cheap-rear end piece of metal rammed through my lobes.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Midnight Voyager posted:

very relevant when we're talking about white people who go out of their way to point out it's not a cultural thing piercing their kids without their spouse's approval.

True, in the case of this AITA post, but people seem really upset at the thought of piercing a baby's ears in general, and it IS in fact a cultural thing for many people:
https://www.romper.com/p/9-things-white-families-dont-understand-about-piercing-a-babys-ears-64446

I think people get knee-jerky about it, which is strange to me because it's not like it causes any damage to the kid.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

exmachina posted:

I think it is responsible to try not to pass on known genetic issues on to your children. There are health implications beyond just height for many of these conditions.

I have met some deaf people who equate surgery for children with congenital deafness with genocide.

Where is the line, though? If my family is riddled with cancer, would it be wrong of me to have a kid knowing there is a good chance they'll get cancer? Should people with mental illnesses not have kids?

I mean, should NO little people have kids, like, ever? That's pretty hosed up.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I have a degenerative eye condition that's genetic and if I'd had children, I always planned to see if there was a way to make sure the child wouldn't have to deal with it, through embryo selection or something. But that's a pure negative; it's not like I've belonged to some big supportive community of people with vision loss and that's defined big parts of my life, such that I'd want a child of mine to share it, you know?:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
As the resident deaf man, the capital-D Deaf people need to chill the gently caress out. Not everything is an attack on your culture, and the kids should be allowed to decide for themselves.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dazerbeams posted:

I kind of assumed pierced baby ears was pretty typical for American girls? My mom held off on me since she has a nickel allergy and was worried I had it, too. She was right. I ended up going to a tattoo parlor when I was teen to make sure I didn't get some cheap-rear end piece of metal rammed through my lobes.

It's relatively common for white moms to take their kids to Claire's and get a crappy piercing. I got a massive, horrible infection because it turns out I react badly to the surgical steel they pierced me with, and never wore earrings again. Every girl in my class who got their ears pierced young had some bad earring story or another. I had only one classmate who had them pierced as an actual baby. Her holes drifted as she grew, so by high school, she stopped wearing earrings because they weren't even anymore.

mind, this was an extremely small, white, private school class. I think you can't trust white moms drunk on gender norms in a Claire's.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for grounding my daughter by not bonding with me on gardening?

quote:

I (47f) live with my husband and my youngest daughter (15f). My oldest daughter (20f) no longer lives with us and I feel a bit lonely, since she used to be my partner. We did everything together, we liked the same things and we were best friends. I love my youngest daughter equally, I don't have a favorite child, but it has always been difficult for me to bond with her, because we´re too different.

My youngest daughter clearly prefers my husband, given that just like my oldest daughter, they are best friends: they do everything together, they like the same things, and they often bond over games, music, and anime. I've tried to bond more deeply with my daughter, but I don't understand her tastes, and when we're alone we hardly ever have anything to talk about. My husband doesn't see it as a problem, and he often says "each parent with its own daughter", but it doesn't seem right to me.

I recently decided to build a garden and asked my daughter to help me, as I often bonded with her sister on gardening. She said no right away, but I forced her anyway. I thought it would be a beautiful afternoon, laughing and chatting, but it wasn't. She complained ALL the time, that the dirt was gross, that the sun was gonna burn her and every time I turned around, I saw her using her phone.

At one point I got bored with her attitude and said "if you dislike this so much, go and leave your mother alone." She went back into the house. I thought she would come out in a few minutes, she would apologize and we would start over (like in the movies), but an hour passed and nothing. I walked into the house and saw her in her room, playing on her computer.

I got mad and grounded her without games for a week. She wasn't even sorry she left me alone and she called it "a wasted afternoon", which hurt me. My husband defended her by saying that if I really knew her, I would know that she doesn't like outdoor activities and that I should've tried to bond by doing something she likes instead of forcing something that I like on her.

He also accused me of trying to turn her into a version of her sister and of trying to take "his daughter" away from him. Now they're both against me and give me the silent treatment. So, AITA?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Oh yes, the time honored tradition of making your kid like whatever you like by forcing them to do it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
YTA for making me sympathize with an anime fan

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mx. posted:

AITA for grounding my daughter by not bonding with me on gardening?

quote:

she would apologize and we would start over (like in the movies)

At least they're admitting it now

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
romantic comedies and their consequences have been a disaster for the human race

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Chloe Jessica posted:

romantic comedies and their consequences have been a disaster for the human race

I'm not entirely sure a romcom is where mom would have picked up the idea that her daughter would magically learn to love mucking about in the dirt with her.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

OhAreThey posted:

Where is the line, though? If my family is riddled with cancer, would it be wrong of me to have a kid knowing there is a good chance they'll get cancer? Should people with mental illnesses not have kids?

Most of these disorders are recessive, so through genetic testing and finding out if the condition also exists in your partner's line you can reduce the odds a lot with just a little work. But I wouldn't want to go further than that.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dazerbeams posted:

I'm not entirely sure a romcom is where mom would have picked up the idea that her daughter would magically learn to love mucking about in the dirt with her.

Yeah that's more of like a hallmark movie thing

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
yes, that would have been better but i couldn't think of it :saddowns:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Chloe Jessica posted:

yes, that would have been better but i couldn't think of it :saddowns:

You'll never live this down!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

muscles like this! posted:

Just kind of blow past the "harassment ticket" part. From the other parts I'm getting strong sovereign citizen vibes.

This guy is lucky he didn't get beaten up and then charged with resisting arrest

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

AITA for enforcing the grocery store etiquette

I’ve been to some busted rear end C-Towns and IGAs and never have I had to deal with one way shopping. Hell, even under the depths of the pandemic with the arrows it wasn’t an issue.

This is pretty common in commercial behavioral psychology. People tend to go into a grocery store and peruse it clockwise. But this man is insane.

There's a great book on the subject called Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion that covers this along with other tricks companies use to get you to look at their merchandise. For example, new products at CostCos and such are typically placed on or near brick flooring. People reflexively slow down when they hear the click of their cart'swheels on the floor, and this gives them more time to scope out new merchandise.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Also, the narrower the aisles, the more merchandise displays you should place in the walking path. An obstructed customer is a captive audience for marketing!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Chloe Jessica posted:

If this woman isn't careful she'll wind up like the mom from Morel Orel.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

also you put staples like milk and eggs as far away from the entrance as possible so people are forced to see other items they might want to purchase.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Place the beer at the back so my stoned rear end cuts down the chip aisle, which always spells doom

Ortho
Jul 6, 2021

I see no psychologists are employed by the grocery store I shop at. The milk and eggs are on the refrigerated wall between the front and back door.

I suppose the wine is is farthest from an exit, except the bottles kept on end caps.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

also you put staples like milk and eggs as far away from the entrance as possible so people are forced to see other items they might want to purchase.

people talk about this but i've never actually seen milk and eggs as far away from the entrance as possible. Milk's usually in the back yeah because the walk in cooler they stock it through requires it, but basically every grocery store i've been in it's at the end of the back closest to the entrance.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for ruining my best friend’s wedding?

quote:

I’ve been trying to find the best way to word this for a few days. Throwaway.

‘Will’ (24M) and I (24F) have been best friends since diapers. Our moms were college friends who now work together, and even planned their pregnancies together.

He started dating ‘Erin’ (23F) six years ago, and immediately, the two of us hit it off. Erin is the funniest, smartest, most compassionate, and most beautiful person I know, and we’re interested in many of the same topics and franchises. I’m happiest when I’m with her, and she’s quickly become the person I’m closest to. Erin and I are close to the point sometimes people assume we’re dating, which annoys Will, since he doesn’t like the idea of his girlfriend being perceived as a ‘lesbo’.

Will proposed to Erin after not-so-subtle prompting from both his and Erin’s families. They’ve been in planning limbo for a while, and Erin was never very involved. I asked her about it in private a few times, and she always said it just didn’t interest her. This never made sense to me, as whenever we saw nice flowers or pretty decor when we were together, she’d light up and mention it to me.

Last week, Erin showed up at my apartment unannounced. She said it was just to hang out like we normally do, but I could tell something was wrong. We’ve always been able to read each other well- our bond is special like that.

After trying to dodge the question, she tearfully confessed that she didn’t want to marry Will, or even date him. She told me she’s a lesbian. Her family is unsupportive, and has pressured her to stay with Will in the hopes that she’ll be ‘fixed’.

I’d known she was unhappy, but I didn’t know why. I told her that she should break it off with him, and that I’d fully support her no matter what. All I want is for her to be happy- seeing her smile or hearing her laugh is the best moment of my day, and I know I’m so lucky to have her in my life.

Erin agreed, and messaged everyone invited to the wedding that she could contact, saying she’s cancelling the wedding. She met with Will privately and told him she was breaking up with him, and that she’s gay.

When I went to get her things from Will’s apartment, Will saw me. I guess he let it slip that I was involved, because I started getting a lot of very angry texts.

A lot of people in our three families are mad. They’ve messaged me calling me a selfish bitch who doesn’t want to see her friends happy. Some of them are assuming that I broke them up so that I could date Will instead, which I find revolting, or that I’m jealous because I’ve been single my whole life- I’ve never had an interest in boys, even if I am interested in romance. Will most of all is furious. He’s accusing me of ‘putting thoughts in Erin’s head’.

Erin is staying with me, and she says she feels happy and free for the first time in her life, but I can’t help wondering if the others are right. Am I the rear end in a top hat?
3 comments

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mx. posted:

Not to be rude but isn't this a lesbian trope that at least one of them can't pick up the hint that they want to date the other?

Just date already!!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

dustin.h posted:

I see no psychologists are employed by the grocery store I shop at. The milk and eggs are on the refrigerated wall between the front and back door.

I suppose the wine is is farthest from an exit, except the bottles kept on end caps.

After a remodel at my local Safeway the self-service line was shunted down the beauty product aisle. Today we happened to spend the time waiting wondering why they picked that one. Nobody's going to be waiting and say "oh yeah I should get some hair dye." Best would of course be the candy aisle two rows down, but that's going to see a lot of other traffic to make a mess.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my girlfriend that I will no longer be paying for her friends

1. This all started after "Bridget" moved in with him.
2. She pays no bills / rent.
3. He was planning on proposing to her.
4. She's "out of his league".
5. She's unemployed, sometimes looks for a new job (fired from her last one), cooks most nights and they split the chores.
6. What she brings to the relationship: she's pretty, sweet, loving

Did anyone in the comments tell this guy that he is what’s known as a “pay pig”?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Mx. posted:

Typical dyke poo poo!!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

OhAreThey posted:

True, in the case of this AITA post, but people seem really upset at the thought of piercing a baby's ears in general, and it IS in fact a cultural thing for many people:
https://www.romper.com/p/9-things-white-families-dont-understand-about-piercing-a-babys-ears-64446

I think people get knee-jerky about it, which is strange to me because it's not like it causes any damage to the kid.
There's infections (I had one too. Don't get your ears pierced at a mall kiosk), allergies to certain metals, and also little kids tend to tug at their ears when they have an ear infection, which they tend to get a lot of, and this can rip their earlobe.

Also apparently every single person who pierces their infant's ears is insane:

quote:

So my daughter is 20 1/2 mths old and I got her ears pierced when she was 4 mths old. She never knew they were pierced until recently! Now she keeps pulling them out! I even tried the screw on backs & she pulled them out too. They are made where if a child pulls them out hard enough then they will pop off so they don't rip their ears. So now I don't know what to do. I keep telling her that they are pretty earrings & that they are suppose to stay in her ears but she keeps pulling them out & handing them to me!! I don't know what else to do! Does anyone have any suggestions? Please Help!!

quote:

I had my DD's pierced when she was 4mths old too. And there has been times she would pull them out but seldom (even the ones she was pierced in). But here lately she (2 1/2yo) pulls them out reguarly, usually in her bed but still other times. She tends to bring me the earring and backing after the fact. I have to keep telling her to leave her earrings alone.

So I am in the same boat so really no suggestions just keep telling her not to take them out and hope she keeps them in for a day or two without you having to put them back in. Or you can leave the earrings out and let them heal over. But myself wouldn't do, as much as she cried getting them done I am almost afraid she might not ever want to get them re-done if she decides later on she wants them pierced. It took me until I was a teenager to get mine done the first & last time. LOL!

quote:

My DD will be 18 mo Easter Sunday and she has started pulling hers out as well. I had little diamond studs in there and luckily I saw her pull it out and got the back. MIL had bought her some little white gold cubes from Khols, I think, and I put those in. The back is really tight so she can't get those out.

Maybe you could go to a store and try to find some that the backs are on there really tight. Good Luck!!

quote:

My daughter is also 20 months old and she has started to take her earrings out. I got her ears pierced when she was 10 months old. I recently purchased screw back earrings and she managed to get those out also. I don't know what else to do..........I guess worse thing that can happen is that she doesn't wear earrings, her hole closes and when she gets older and wants to wear earrings she can get them pierced herself...... I hope I can convience her to keep some in her ear.

quote:

My daughter had her ears pierced at 4 mos too. Her dad bought her some diamond studs and she did fine with them.. he THEN got her some princess cut leo diamonds which we switched out when she was about a year n a half. Had no problems with the screw backs UNTIL we took them out at Kay's for a cleaning. This past week, she's managed to remove the backing on one and then the diamond just sits in her ear lol. Three days straight she's done it. Luckily we found the backing in her brothers room (day 1) , second time I found it while mopping.. (2) ... & yesterday who know where the backing went, but the earring was still in tact. We went to Kays today and thankfully they had an extra backing. Jewelry stores never recommend any glue because it might damage the earrings in the long run. So, I've tested this out today.. hot glue lol. NO I DIDN'T BURN HER made sure she was occupied before the successful attempt. A little pepper corn dab at the end of the backing and tip of the earring that poked out behind it. I'll update in a few weeks or months. Suckers better not move!

quote:

Wow. Are you kidding me?

You not only risked burning your daughter, but now, they are probably in there good enough that if she Yanks on them, she could rip her ear.

How about just buying a multi pack for $2 at WalMart and not stressing about them getting lost? Or stick on earrings?

I'm 25, a wife and mom ofn3 and I don't even have diamond earrings. Why waste the money? Especially on a toddler!

quote:

I have to say that I think its ridiculous that some mothers have such an aversion towards other mom's piercing their ears. Do you let your infant make his/her decisions about getting vaccines? How about getting circumcised? How about letting him/her decide whether or not she wants to be breastfed vs drink formula....???

Give me a break!

If you don't want to pierce your child's ears - that's your prerogative! But make some sense please. Its the parent's decision to make - and hopefully its a well thought out one. Whatever your decision is, so long as they are educated about how to care for things and it is not harmful to the child - I see no reason to make such a stink! Goodness knows that parenting is a humbling and lifelong job - I think there are more important issues to tackle - aside from getting your child's ears pierced!

Give diamonds to toddlers, why not!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Not to be rude but isn't this a lesbian trope that at least one of them can't pick up the hint that they want to date the other?

I find it a little weird that OP is so elliptical about being a lesbian herself. Like she avoided saying that up top near
> Erin is the funniest, smartest, most compassionate, and most beautiful person I know, and we’re interested in many of the same topics and franchises. I’m happiest when I’m with her, and she’s quickly become the person I’m closest to

because she knew how it would look... because maybe it's true?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Oh dey fukin

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kimbo305 posted:

I find it a little weird that OP is so elliptical about being a lesbian herself. Like she avoided saying that up top near
> Erin is the funniest, smartest, most compassionate, and most beautiful person I know, and we’re interested in many of the same topics and franchises. I’m happiest when I’m with her, and she’s quickly become the person I’m closest to

because she knew how it would look... because maybe it's true?

I mean I'm a straight (ish) dude and I absolutely read it as she was in love with Erin

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

trickybiscuits posted:

There's infections (I had one too. Don't get your ears pierced at a mall kiosk), allergies to certain metals, and also little kids tend to tug at their ears when they have an ear infection, which they tend to get a lot of, and this can rip their earlobe.

Also apparently every single person who pierces their infant's ears is insane:

Give diamonds to toddlers, why not!

I won't lie, I skimmed the piercing stuff at first and just saw them talking about piercing their double Ds and that confused me based on where the conversation started.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

kdrudy posted:

I won't lie, I skimmed the piercing stuff at first and just saw them talking about piercing their double Ds and that confused me based on where the conversation started.
Just go with it. DD is Dear Daughter, but the image of boobs removing nipple peircings when their owners aren't looking is more amusing.

OhAreThey posted:

My parents both had psychiatric illnesses controlled by medication, and they talked seriously about whether to have children who might have worse or less treatable psychological problems. Joke's on them though! My brother and I have less severe problems, but neither of us are ever having kids.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah it's blindingly obvious she is in love with Erin. OP also goes on to comment:

quote:

Okay so I’ll use your comment to clarify a few things. I was much kinder to Will before he started showing up to my apartment and trying to get in with malicious intent. Unfortunately I had to cut that out for Reddit to not get mad. Also, even if the comments are right that I love Erin (two female friends can be close), I would never pursue a relationship with her while she was in another relationship or coming out of one. That’s a lovely thing to do. Your judgement is fair, though.

Not cool of Will, but it sounds like she has been having an emotional affair with Erin even if she's not explicitly calling it that. So Will lost his fiance and his best friend in one go. Which doesn't excuse his behavior but it certainly explains why he's so angry and why others might view it as the OP deliberately sabotaging the engagement.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I'm 40 and went to high school with my current close friends, we've stayed very close since we were teenagers and we are each others' chosen family. Many of us have moved 3000 miles from home, too. Maybe we're all just a weird situation?

No it's perfectly normal to still have friends you went to high school with. There's just people who are really bitter about high school who think that if you ever have any friends from that time in your life then you're just a complete failure regardless of anything else that have happened.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
a life which peaked in high school is a sad life because that's like 40-80 years of downhill, but it's perfectly fine to still be friends with your high school friends, that's not the same thing at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Chloe Jessica posted:

adherents of Deaf culture are weird and harmful but discussions about this are always a game of "how long does it take to realize you're just talking about eugenics" so uhh

----

quote:

he said that if I really loved him I'd come off my medication so that he can be the one to make me orgasm and we can have a "normal sex life". I'm absolutely awe-struck by this. He wants me to risk my mental health that I worked so hard for just to save his ego. I have never seen this kind of behaviour from him before.

Holy poo poo, RUN