Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ha jokes on you, I brought it yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I already got this game because somebody was shilling it in the RPG thread, but honestly I'm super stoked to find out that it's also gay as hell

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Arzaac posted:

I already got this game because somebody was shilling it in the RPG thread

i wonder who that was...

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I second the Troubleshooters rec. If you like XCOM and messing with abilities and comboing things together in that, then you'd love Troubleshooters and its mastery system.

Also yes its p gay

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

skaianDestiny posted:

I second the Troubleshooters rec. If you like XCOM and messing with abilities and comboing things together in that, then you'd love Troubleshooters and its mastery system.

Also yes its p gay

Is it actually a complete game? The fact that the description leads with "the first season" makes me worried.

This is the official english release of Accept My Fist Of Love?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ToxicFrog posted:

Is it actually a complete game? The fact that the description leads with "the first season" makes me worried.

This is the official english release of Accept My Fist Of Love?

its a complete game but the larger story is ongoing. they just finished up a free dlc that continues the story some, there will be a paid one upcoming, and season 2 will be the next game.

and yes, way better title for it imo

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

ToxicFrog posted:

It's got a complete storyline and you get just as much gameplay time out of it as a mainline XCOM game.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

gnome7 posted:

I'm really liking Pink Ribbon.

Pink Ribbon final chapter! Though it looks like there is an epilogue chapter coming still.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Snooze Cruise posted:

I am going to be annoying and shill for a game I love that is currently on sale on steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/470310/TROUBLESHOOTER_Abandoned_Children/

Troubleshooter is jrpg xcom. No permadeath, super in depth character building based around slotting in different "masteries" (dropped by enemies) with abilities and stats into your characters. Those further combine into mastery sets with even more abilities and increases. Game has a lot of in depth systems and eventually you unlock monster taming and robot crafting, wow!

The setting is basically the Trails series filtered through a superhero lens, but much more cynical. This is one of those things where while I am not big on the actual writing, I love the story. The cast is super charming, and I'm a fan of the world building.

Anyway the reason why I can get away with posting the game here is because its pretty gay.

I mean look at this, you got goth witch and strong sword lady lesbians.

But that is not all, there are also these lesbians!

And before you say "snooze your sapphic bias is showing again!" the boys get in on it too!

tbc, this isn't really a game that has characters explicitly calling themselves gay. i don't want people to feel like i am misled them. but it is the type of thing where someone is like "wow girl you are smiling at your lady friend just like your dad did with your mother :)" so yeah, pretty gay.

anyway its the greatest game ever made and you should buy it, its an absolute steal at 16 dollars.

Okay I bought it and today I learned what sapphic was.

I'm probably going to be gifting a few of these in the steam thread.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 30, 2021

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

I just love that you can see where the ambition of the Troubleshooter devs shines through, like the opening montage done entirely through the in-game engine.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

A promise is a promise.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Feliday Melody posted:

A promise is a promise.

What steam group do i have to be a part of to enter?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Yeah, I applied to join the goon steam group but I may not be approved before the timer on that giveaway expires, at this rate.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Sorry that steam group can take a few days to join, but I'll be giving away a bunch more games over the weekend, so there's time.

Post here when you've been accepted, and I'll do another bunch for Troubleshooter. :)

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Feliday Melody posted:

A promise is a promise.

I snagged one! Thank you, I've had this wishlisted for a bit now on a recommendation from a pod, excited to sink into this.

I do nothing but lurk this thread so I appreciate all the recommendations that come up. Thanks and Happy New Year's y'all!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Feliday Melody posted:

A promise is a promise.

oh what a cool thing to do, good game for this too since its a small team and they deserve the support

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

RuBisCO posted:

I snagged one! Thank you, I've had this wishlisted for a bit now on a recommendation from a pod, excited to sink into this.

I do nothing but lurk this thread so I appreciate all the recommendations that come up. Thanks and Happy New Year's y'all!

Grats! Hope you enjoy it!

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Snooze Cruise posted:

oh what a cool thing to do, good game for this too since its a small team and they deserve the support

They do! Which is about 40% of the reason I like to give away games like these.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Feliday Melody posted:

Sorry that steam group can take a few days to join, but I'll be giving away a bunch more games over the weekend, so there's time.

Post here when you've been accepted, and I'll do another bunch for Troubleshooter. :)

It appears I have finally been admitted to the SA steam group, if you wanted to give away more copies of tactical homosexual action.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

ZiegeDame posted:

It appears I have finally been admitted to the SA steam group, if you wanted to give away more copies of tactical homosexual action.

Certainly. Just finishing up the current ones for Caves of Qud.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I ended up getting Troubleshooter because of this thread and it certainly isn't shy about introducing mechanics. Feeling kinda overwhelmed

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

As promised.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

lunar detritus posted:

I ended up getting Troubleshooter because of this thread and it certainly isn't shy about introducing mechanics. Feeling kinda overwhelmed

I've just decided to ignore all mechanics I don't fully get until I naturally stumble onto them. Doesn't help that I feel the tutorials are where the translation gets wonkiest.

Aside from that game seems pretty drat rad though. I'm just through through chapter 1 and i'm enjoying it a lot.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I tried troubleshooter and it crashes to desktop on my linux machine. It does say it's only supported on windows but a good chunk of games work on linux through proton. So if you are an odd one like me trying to make 2022 the year of the linux desktop, you probably want to look elsewhere for a game, or install it on windows.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got the game a while and never played it. Started it. It seems fun, by why are we playing as some random dude instead of the girl on the cover? False advertising!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got the game a while and never played it. Started it. It seems fun, by why are we playing as some random dude instead of the girl on the cover? False advertising!

as someone's whose number one reoccurring compliant about jrpgs is a boring dude being the protag instead of the more interesting lady characters, albus is ok. he still is the least interesting character on the team though lol. but i am not frustrated he is the mc, and there is actually more to him but its can be easy to miss because he just looks and behaves so generic.

lunar detritus posted:

if there is anything specific anyone has trouble with feel free to send me a pm. im no expert on the game but i feel like i have a pretty good understanding of most systems in the game as long as it isn't nitty gritty stuff like damage formulas.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 2, 2022

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

if there is anything specific anyone has trouble with feel free to send me a pm. im no expert on the game but i feel like i have a pretty good understanding of most systems in the game as long as it isn't nitty gritty stuff like damage formulas.

:justpost:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh there is one thing i feel like i could just give a general warning about, don't pick crafting recipes as rewards when you do shooter street quests. you can buy those with valkyrie points so its better to pick crafting mats as a reward.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Kill Switch updated on Mangadex with three new chapters!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://mangadex.org/chapter/0d006223-1bac-407b-976e-9488cd64d6e0 here's a link

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I Am Fowl posted:

Kill Switch updated on Mangadex with three new chapters!

good thing they got rid of the lovely boyfriend quick so she can now date short hair motorcycle chick

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

otherside picnic has now become the only ln I've ever bought but now I need to find a quiet time to sit down and read it...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
room for two, room for two, room for two, room for two, room for two, room for two

da buddy system! everyone grab your buddy!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Still The Same After Switching Bodies.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ohhhh my god this is so cute.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Oh I love this!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

https://twitter.com/Hachirumi_/status/1401870905815433217?s=20

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

This is a time-tested and well-proven method to solve all problems

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

finally a body swap story just cuts to the chase and gives me what i want :3: