Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah. same. i feel better and apparently i will feel better tomorrow thanks to infusion. mostly just gross nose stuff and some coughing. slept for like 6 hours today after infusion so i'll be up later. hoping to be back to work next week(work from home and have missed a month of work thanks to hospital stay and now this) i can make an effort post about my hospital stay because even though i wasnt covid, i could see its effects. hell it hosed me over a couple times.

https://twitter.com/judiciarygop/status/1476629444869693441?s=21

i hate the GOP so loving much.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dapper_Swindler posted:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol that's totally that loving chomo Jim Jordan

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Conservatives in Canada embraced COVID with really bad results. Good for you on being an example to the rest of us, Alberta!

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

2 people I work with are vaxxed and have it. Unfortunately one of them took the CDC "5 day" thing as a passport to come in while still symptomatic -- especially coughing. I wore a mask, stayed away, but still bailed for WFH as soon as I could.

My problem with all this omicron talk is who knows if it is omi and not Delta or original or even home grown when tested? This person I know who came in to work just assumes they have omicron so it "isn't that bad" but jesus gently caress, it can still be bad for the right/wrong person, and I can still pass it to vulnerable people.

Dapper_Swindler posted: posted:

HungryMedusa fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 31, 2021

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
I was on a two hour flight home Tuesday and when we landed the guy sitting next to me got a text from CVS with a link to a positive Covid result lmao. And my gf was next to his wife and daughter in the row across. We’re just isolating and testing now and hoping for the best.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I’m lol’ing at some guy on a crowded airplane checking his phone then yelling “oh poo poo I’ve got covid!”

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Wellllll the covid threads sure seem to have a record number of people saying they have it or were exposed. Might have something to do with this:
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1476743145144651778?s=20
:stare:

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Zugzwang posted:

Autoimmune disorders are indeed the real indications for HCQ.

Its popularity for covid created a big problem for folks who legitimately need it, at least back during the initial craze. Same as ivermectin did for anyone who works with animals, because it’s a really important antiparasitic drug for vets etc.

Yeah my mom has to take it for her RA which was hell during the height but I'm guessing the crazies got bored with it since she's been able to get it since

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Zugzwang posted:

Wellllll the covid threads sure seem to have a record number of people saying they have it or were exposed. Might have something to do with this:

Yeah, that's one of those figures where you sort just go, well what the hell do you even do with that information.

Like, not saying people shouldn't distant, mask, do all the rights things, and what not, but gently caress.

Anyway pretty sure it's already been posted, but just a reminder as anyone reading this thread deserves a good laugh:

"Ted Cruz confuses Washington state with Western Australia in attack on Covid ‘kill-joys’"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/31/ted-cruz-confuses-washington-state-with-western-australia-in-attack-on-covid-kill-joys

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
ivermectin is fantastic for treating people sick with covid when they also have intestinal parasites at the same time

iirc there was speculation that's what was going on with some of the ivermectin research, it actually did help because the people sick with covid also had parasites

edit:

speaking of horse dewormer, happy holidays and such

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 31, 2021

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

good news, if we can sustain this daily rate, it will only be about 2 years until we reach natural herd immunity to omicron in the US!

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Of course a horse would pop in with good things to say about ivermectin.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Edit: drat beaten^

Fritz the Horse posted:

ivermectin is fantastic for treating people sick with covid when they also have intestinal parasites at the same time

iirc there was speculation that's what was going on with some of the ivermectin research, it actually did help because the people sick with covid also had parasites

I am skeptical of this post based on your username and av.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Fritz the Horse posted:

edit:

speaking of horse dewormer, happy holidays and such

This sounds like face saving by idiots.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Spazzle posted:

I was half serious
https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/11/18/ivermectin-may-help-covid-19-patients-but-only-those-with-worms

Ivermectin may help covid-19 patients—but only those with worms

quote:

Avi Bitterman, a dermatologist, noticed that the studies that looked best for ivermectin clustered in regions with high rates of infections by strongyloides, parasitic worms. Common in Africa, Asia and Latin America, strongyloides can cause diarrhoea, fatigue and weight loss. They pose a graver threat only if their numbers grow out of control. Such “hyper-infection”, often fatal, becomes far more likely if a patient is receiving corticosteroids, which suppress the immune system and may make female worms more fertile. Dexamethasone, a corticosteroid, is now a standard treatment for severe covid-19.

Building on observations by David Boulware, a professor of medicine at the University of Minnesota, Dr Bitterman concluded that strongyloides may account for the conflicting results of studies about the effectiveness of ivermectin as a covid treatment. In trials conducted where the parasites are common, many people could have both covid and worm infections. Covid-19 might have weakened their defences against the worms; treating the coronavirus with corticosteroids would let the parasites run wild.

If you have COVID and also intestinal worms, absolutely you should look into ivermectin :v:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Zugzwang posted:

Of course a horse would pop in with good things to say about ivermectin.

Pretty sure that was pence.

:shobon:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
goons, ya boi bug got covid. when I was told to log into the portal to view my PCR results, I knew the news wasnt gonna be good when they had like 4 PDFs for me to download.

I'm at about day 5-6 of symptoms. Besides sleeping a whole lot and presumably drinking a lots of water, what can I do right now to get through this? this whole thing has felt like a cold, with the intensity of your average cold, if that helps determine what treatment options should be from home.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

buglord posted:

goons, ya boi bug got covid. when I was told to log into the portal to view my PCR results, I knew the news wasnt gonna be good when they had like 4 PDFs for me to download.

I'm at about day 5-6 of symptoms. Besides sleeping a whole lot and presumably drinking a lots of water, what can I do right now to get through this? this whole thing has felt like a cold, with the intensity of your average cold, if that helps determine what treatment options should be from home.

Do you also have intestinal worms? If so, you might benefit from ivermectin.

Otherwise you're pretty much doing what you need to. Don't forget electrolytes, if you're drinking a lot of water but not electrolytes that can gently caress you up too. Make sure to eat if you can, get some gatorade.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Zugzwang posted:

It's everywhere...

My wife's 2 sons have it, so do their respective partners and in-laws, upstairs neighbor family has it, a close friend of ours has it and 3 of my coworkers got it.

As a teacher my wife gets to advance her booster shot sooner... I believe her appointment is january 26th so here's hoping she doesn't catch it 'till then.

Not too many worries there as she sure as gently caress ain't getting back physically in class anytime soon... All Quebec schools have been ordered closed until jan 17th for now but it is expected everyone goes back to video classes if this keeps up and it seems it will. Today's new (declared) cases were above 14k and we never had it this bad. Getting tested at all is an absolute clusterfuck right now anyway so it is to be assumed the actual number of cases is [too drat high].

Oh yeah and everything is closed indefinitely, we're back in lockdown and with a curfew. Vaccine passport was already required for indoors dining and such, the government is looking into extending the use of the passport to more non-essential businesses. They're still too much loving cowards to extend it to groceries and drug stores, unfortunately.

About 2 weeks ago my daughter was scheduled to do her school concert and there was a *possibility* it would even be with an audience. End of december we just went to the absolute worst we've seen so far.

Year 3 not starting out too good.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well i got omicron. two shots plus booster. immunosuppressed and just out of the hospital a week earlier from sepsis. probably got it there(could make a whole post about that whole adventure), felt it monday. feeling alot better now plus got a monoclonal infusion in my system today which my doctor ordered. so i should be ok by next week. feeling better already. symptoms have been lovely cough/nose/slight fever/gross feeling. O2 has been great whole time. happy i got this rather then delta.

dapper nooo

plz get well dude

Spazzle posted:

it was predominately in third world countries where they were supposedly noticing some benefit, so it is plausible insofar as some percentage of people likely did have untreated parasitic infections, but, yknow, fact remains that for people without parasites it does literally jack poo poo

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 31, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

dapper nooo

plz get well dude

it was predominately in third world countries where they were supposedly noticing some benefit, so it is plausible insofar as some percentage of people likely did have untreated parasitic infections, but, yknow, fact remains that for people without parasites it does literally jack poo poo

i am alot better now and i was able to get a monoclonal so i should be basically fine by weekend. glad it was omicron and not delta.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How did you know it was omicron? I'm kinda curious myself what my infection is, but none of the paperwork says what type. just the test type (pcr) and the result being positive.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am alot better now and i was able to get a monoclonal so i should be basically fine by weekend. glad it was omicron and not delta.

If it was omicron, the monoclonal would not be effective. Sotrovimab is the only one that is.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Pinecone Sample posted:

If it was omicron, the monoclonal would not be effective. Sotrovimab is the only one that is.

p sure that's just regeneron that doesn't do much, so presumably he was given some other monoclonal

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

thats what i got. it was an antibody thing. sotrovimab.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
This is bleak.

https://twitter.com/rpmerkow/status/1476713204772446211

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

buglord posted:

what can I do right now to get through this?

Not much. Just rest and you’ll be fine in a few days.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Our local whatsapp anti-vaxx group is getting rowdy and tricking people who don't know better into joining. I want to join and post hermancainawards and counter misinformation, but I won't be able to do it with my personal account because they will literally target and stalk anyone who does

Is there a way to set up temporary whatsapp accounts not linked to my number?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Zugzwang posted:

Honestly surprised we didn't hit this a lot sooner.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Third negative test in as many days - goddamnit I think I actually do just have a cold? And jet lag is exacerbating how tired I am? Plus I feel much better than I have the past few days and I don’t think covid just vanished that quickly.

I think I’m more shocked it isn’t popping positive than I am happy to have a cold. Still, masking days are here again because I desperately need to go to the grocery store. Time to see how bad the sitch is with people masking is here

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Huh, an interesting data point that I wasn't aware of - the UK covid dashboard's hospitalisation data is "with covid", not "for covid" - in other words it simply counts everyone who is admitted to hospital with a positive test, so if you have appendicitis or break a leg or get a WW2 artillery shell stuck up your arse within 14 days of a positive covid test (or indeed get a positive test on admission) you go onto the graph. In retrospect it makes sense as it's a much easier database search and as long as the amount of autoerotic bomb disposal callouts stays relatively constant it's a valid metric, and also - because of course covid-positive patients are segregated inside hospitals - it's actually the more valid state for the NHS to be concerned with.

Apparently there is a separately-released (and not on the dashboard) data series of "patients currently in hospital primarily for covid" which is released every Friday which is the real number to be looking out for for Omicron.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/hartfordcourant/status/1476697280552087556

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/MicahPollak/status/1476580247453716485

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Huh, an interesting data point that I wasn't aware of - the UK covid dashboard's hospitalisation data is "with covid", not "for covid" - in other words it simply counts everyone who is admitted to hospital with a positive test, so if you have appendicitis or break a leg or get a WW2 artillery shell stuck up your arse within 14 days of a positive covid test (or indeed get a positive test on admission) you go onto the graph. In retrospect it makes sense as it's a much easier database search and as long as the amount of autoerotic bomb disposal callouts stays relatively constant it's a valid metric, and also - because of course covid-positive patients are segregated inside hospitals - it's actually the more valid state for the NHS to be concerned with.

Apparently there is a separately-released (and not on the dashboard) data series of "patients currently in hospital primarily for covid" which is released every Friday which is the real number to be looking out for for Omicron.

Yeah, the guy round the corner from me with "truth fliers" posted inside his car windows cites this as evidence Covid isn't that bad, probably because he's loving stupid and will end up in that data when he's blindsided by a lorry because he couldn't see past his "Fear is the real disease" flyer.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Mu Zeta posted:

The pfizer covid pill production is ramping up in January. Maybe all the chuds will take that instead of the vaccine. I think we can't control the infections any more. Just beg these fuckers to take the pill so that the hospitals don't get overwhelmed again.
They'll refuse it too. Conservatives have fully allied with virus against the human race. They'll just keep trying to kill as many people as possible.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
God, just left the grocery store and if 10% of shoppers were wearing a mask, it’d be generous. There were around 250-300 people in the store.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

teen witch posted:

God, just left the grocery store and if 10% of shoppers were wearing a mask, it’d be generous. There were around 250-300 people in the store.

Where is this?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Bronze Fonz posted:

Where is this?

Sweden, where nothing bad has ever happened nor will ever happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

teen witch posted:

Sweden, where nothing bad has ever happened nor will ever happen.

The situation in Finland was the same, but rising numbers led to more masks in the past month or so. Not that I care, I pick up all my groceries from a loading dock, like God intended.