Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I was biking I. The middle today, managing to keep pace which is nice

Had my pant cuff rip my chain guard up and out and had to manage not cutting my foot open, and not getting run over, and indicating to get off the road

Was a bit hectic but managed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
I really like wearing a mirror and taking the lane. The EVT mirrors in particular are awesome due to durability and flexibility. Seems dorkish but so do those ankle straps and look what happened to the poster above me

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

helmet mirror is 10 orders of magnitude less dorky than driving an enormous steel death trap around all day

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

I really like wearing a mirror and taking the lane. The EVT mirrors in particular are awesome due to durability and flexibility. Seems dorkish but so do those ankle straps and look what happened to the poster above me

Don't disagree one bit

Chain guard was poorly shaped sheet metal,

I need to get myself a couple hi vis vests and keep them on my bike too

Those helmet mirror things look nifty, I should get/make one up

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
how to properly take the lane:
https://vimeo.com/20672919

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

it's the safest place to be, with one catch... which is that you never know if the driver behind you is the one in 20 or so who will be driven completely insane with anger by it. but hey, your other option is to bike on the side and have some dipshit clip you as he goes for a blatantly illegal pass

the latter happened to me two weeks ago. i didn't crash but it was a pretty close run thing. my shoulders got all wrenched around too and they're finally feeling back to normal. ban cars imo.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
https://twitter.com/jehiah/status/1476591160563056647?t=mLyxCkobxCTDxoXE3t7pCA&s=19
Trucker illegally drives through city streets and manages to take down a bunch of car ticklers before beaching themselves on a concrete bike lane barrier. Remains to be seen whether the lesson learned by the local DOT is "wow, if we didn't have the barrier, someone could have been killed! Let's add more" or "every damaged vehicle and inconvenienced dangerous driver is a tragedy. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

You'd think it would be a no brainer, but the latter is fairly common if enough drivers complain to the right people about damaging their vehicles through dangerous driving.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

sat on my keys! posted:

the latter happened to me two weeks ago. i didn't crash but it was a pretty close run thing. my shoulders got all wrenched around too and they're finally feeling back to normal. ban cars imo.

that sucks. ban cars

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Busses are trash and are why we can't have new rail built.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Sphyre posted:

:mods: give every poster itt this gang tag right now. give paul_soccer12 two of them :mods:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
we should ban cars today

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Cugel the Clever posted:

https://twitter.com/jehiah/status/1476591160563056647?t=mLyxCkobxCTDxoXE3t7pCA&s=19
Trucker illegally drives through city streets and manages to take down a bunch of car ticklers before beaching themselves on a concrete bike lane barrier. Remains to be seen whether the lesson learned by the local DOT is "wow, if we didn't have the barrier, someone could have been killed! Let's add more" or "every damaged vehicle and inconvenienced dangerous driver is a tragedy. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

You'd think it would be a no brainer, but the latter is fairly common if enough drivers complain to the right people about damaging their vehicles through dangerous driving.

we the jury find the defendant guilty - of chutzpah, that is

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

holy poo poo these gang tags are looking fly

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have aids

(automobile incurred diarrhea shits)

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Car bad, driver good

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Yeah! Thanks vyelkin.

Wishing you all a happy, less car-dependant new year!
:beerpal:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

an actual frog posted:

Yeah! Thanks vyelkin.

Wishing you all a happy, less car-dependant new year!
:beerpal:

Thank you for making it and hosting it, and happy car-free new year!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jabronie posted:

Car bad, driver good

...is that the burj al arab

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

thank you to an actual frog and vyelkin for the gang tags, it's all i ever wanted. here's to the biggest small thread in cspam :cheers:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I want my Animal Rights Terrorists back but I have to wait until Alec Eiffel gets himself perma'd and runs his vindictive av funds dry or else I'll end up back at square one

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Happy New Year to all the catalytic converter thieves out there, you're aces and you're doing the lord's work

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

i dont like cars

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

cool av posted:

i dont like cars

Wild if true

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
People keep getting killed by having accidents with 2 ton suv-pickup hybrids.

Introducing the new 2022 suv-tractor-trailer hybrid. Weighing in at 4 tons, it's our safest car yet

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I'm going to go ride a bicycle on the road pretty soon, if I don't post again in a few hours it probably means I was murdered by a car.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
can’t be murdered for Car is exalted above sins of the flesh

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

ikanreed posted:

People keep getting killed by having accidents with 2 ton suv-pickup hybrids.

Introducing the new 2022 suv-tractor-trailer hybrid. Weighing in at 4 tons, it's our safest car yet

if you don't buy it, are you really doing everything you can to protect your family?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Sliding down the sidewalks to the grocery store and I start imagining a world with some sort of city service, paid for with taxes, that stocked supplies and went around clearing rights of way after snowstorms.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

nomad2020 posted:

Sliding down the sidewalks to the grocery store and I start imagining a world with some sort of city service, paid for with taxes, that stocked supplies and went around clearing rights of way after snowstorms.

yeah, nothing subtle about the value system that ensures enormous efforts are made to clear roads after snowstorms, while pedestrians get a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

all you need is one person not shoveling their patch of sidewalk - because this, of course, is a personal responsibility, unlike the roads - and you get the snow melting into ice and then sticking there for weeks

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
roads cost gas money to clear
sidewalks cost labor money to clear
bingo bongo so simple

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Status update: not dead.

Although one car did try to overtake us to get to a turning lane before a set of traffic lights, but failed and ended up awkwardly sitting half-between two lanes until the lights changed, because heavens forbid he have to drive at slightly under his maximum possible speed for 30m before getting to a red traffic light in order to stay within the lane...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Filthy Hans posted:

Happy New Year to all the catalytic converter thieves out there, you're aces and you're doing the lord's work

Yikes. So you realize that if a car get's their catalytic converter stolen that now the cr is just even more polluting and doesn't in anyway disable the car or prevent it from begin driven right?

If you steal a catalytic converter you are the lowest of the low. If you steal the catalytic converter and then torch the car/kill the owner, then and only then, is it a good thing.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yikes. So you realize what sarcasm is right?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Cars are no joking matter and this, being cspam, individual action is encouraged. But the action should be worthwhile (destroying cars) and not selfish while propagating the very thing we are trying to fight against.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yikes. So you realize that if a car get's their catalytic converter stolen that now the cr is just even more polluting and doesn't in anyway disable the car or prevent it from begin driven right?

If you steal a catalytic converter you are the lowest of the low. If you steal the catalytic converter and then torch the car/kill the owner, then and only then, is it a good thing.

you can talk about hating cars all you want itt but please don't post that it's good to harm people

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

vyelkin posted:

you can talk about hating cars all you want itt but please don't post that it's good to harm people

Harming people ist the privilege of drivers after all

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Junkozeyne posted:

Harming people ist the privilege of drivers after all

exactly. harming people is what car drivers and car culture do, we should aspire to be better than that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/buttpraxis/status/1477404130654277633?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
"It's too crowded"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
only the complete systematic harm of car drivers would be justice talk of anything less is stochastic terrorism