Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

mobby_6kl posted:

And by that I mean the fit of the men's suits of course :v:

yeah what is going on with the guy on the right. did he grow 6in since getting the suit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Wasn't she in one of the X-Men movies?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

mobby_6kl posted:

:stare:

Taking the dirty foreigner thing to a new level

In some funnier news, a few days ago this photo from Ukraine's deputy minister of education on a visit to Lviv dropped. He's on the left next to his assistant.

That's certainly an interesting choice of business attire.

And by that I mean the fit of the men's suits of course :v:
He's on the left and that's his assistant, supposedly.

Everything about every clothing choice in the image is painful. Dude in the center is wearing a mismatched giant plaid green jacket with his pants partly tucked into his shoes, and everyone else makes him look normal.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 30, 2021

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Can someone find a bigger version of that picture on the wall? Looks like Polish coat of arms surrounded by two knights.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Can't unsee middle dude's freakishly thin legs

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Nenonen posted:

Can someone find a bigger version of that picture on the wall? Looks like Polish coat of arms surrounded by two knights.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Lviv

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:tipshat:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I tried the potato crisps ice cream, and it was better than it had any right to be.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Estonia is asking permission from Germany and Finland to gift some USSR made 122mm howitzers and ammo to Ukraine. :gifttank:

Permission is needed because the artillery pieces originally ended in German inventory when East Germany ceased to exist, then they sold for peanuts a lot of Warsaw Pact equipment to Finland that already had same equipment in use. Finland sold 42 howitzers and supplies to Estonia in 2009. Estonia has been modernizing their wares and doesn't need all of the old guns but Ukraine still has hundreds of them.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I tried the potato crisps ice cream, and it was better than it had any right to be.

Was it identifiable as potato chips?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Was it identifiable as potato chips?

Yes, actual 5x5mm chunks inside the chocolate glazing layer, and smaller, yet clearly present, crunchy, and salty bits throughout the vanilla ice cream body.

Nenonen posted:

Estonia is asking permission from Germany and Finland to gift some USSR made 122mm howitzers and ammo to Ukraine. :gifttank:

Permission is needed because the artillery pieces originally ended in German inventory when East Germany ceased to exist, then they sold for peanuts a lot of Warsaw Pact equipment to Finland that already had same equipment in use. Finland sold 42 howitzers and supplies to Estonia in 2009. Estonia has been modernizing their wares and doesn't need all of the old guns but Ukraine still has hundreds of them.

Watch Russia scream murder about NATO arming Ukraine.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yes, actual 5x5mm chunks inside the chocolate glazing layer, and smaller, yet clearly present, crunchy, and salty bits throughout the vanilla ice cream body.

Food reviews by a county medical examiner.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

New series of Witcher looking... uh?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Russian Foreign Ministry: Zelensky has become a threat to Ukraine, the disunity of the Ukrainian people has reached catastrophic proportions

Protest brewing right now outside the downtown Kyiv offices of Viktor Medvedchuk, a controversial pro-Russian politician

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Watch Russia scream murder about NATO arming Ukraine.
Don't they already do so every month?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

When I traveled through Ukraine I had a night out in Kiev. A Croatian friend who lived there brought two friends from Kiev. They were either psychologists or psychology students and looked very similar to that woman, and we went to a dance club. I was like WTF, psychology students in Croatia listen to Leonard Cohen and look like... well, anything but that.

What I'm saying is, the assistant is probably a psychologist.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

She is a really pretty woman, but I've met plenty of croatian psychology students/psychologists that looked even better than she does.

Source: a former croatian psychology student

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
The comment was more about the style and taste in music. Where did you study? I can't imagine any psychology students from FFZG wearing a crucifix next to a half-exposed breast, and going to a THUNTSS-THUNTSS club.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress off Batman posted:

She is a really pretty woman, but I've met plenty of croatian psychology students/psychologists that looked even better than she does.

Source: a former croatian psychology student
That's because this is a lawyer.

Supposedly. I found an updated article that also says the minister resigned over this scandal. And someone made this logo for the ministry of education:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Doctor Malaver posted:

The comment was more about the style and taste in music. Where did you study? I can't imagine any psychology students from FFZG wearing a crucifix next to a half-exposed breast, and going to a THUNTSS-THUNTSS club.

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

The only style of music I've never noticed anybody listening to was cajke, everything else was fair game. From traditional kolos in narodna nošnja, over metalheads in full goth gear all the way to tuc-tuc clubbers with the tits out. It was honestly quite diverse with people from all walks of life. If I need to decide on what kind of music people listened to the most, it would be whatever was being played at KSET that weekend.

And yeah, I was at FFZG.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
Happy new years EE thread! Tonight as we lol and rofl watching goluboi ogonek under the lights of the New Year's tree and wait for father frost to come while eating coated herring and for the speech of dear leader who will take us to heaven sooner or later, let us remember the spiritual leader of the thread that is no longer with us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM5J91QP5aw

RIP Misha, you tried to warn us, we thought you were exaggerating and trying to tell us something about ourselves but you were downplaying the American ogre

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Nenonen posted:

New series of Witcher looking... uh?

:regd10:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

12:37 war zone report: I’m at an unnamed Maxima in Rīga, and there’s a literal 10 people queue at the potato shelf.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
I have a relative who regularly reposts Elita Veidemane's poo poo on Facebook and the most recent claim I saw was that the current state of apartheid against the unvaccinated has reached the point where they can only shop in a single small Maxima in Pārdaugava and aren't allowed anywhere else. Quo vadis, Latvia, was this what people went on barricades for, etc, etc.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Looking forward to Imanta resistance striking back at the regime of the oppressors by trying to cross Vanšu bridge with summer tires.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Dec 31, 2021

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
That reminds me of an uniquely awful take on what should be common sense advice that was shared around by Facebook boomers last winter. Or the one before that. I think I saw it once this year as well.

The common sense part was that if you're at a zebra crossing in December and see an approaching car honking and flashing their lights, but not stopping, the driver is not able to stop their car on time and you shouldn't step out on the crossing until they're gone.

What made it awful was the wording that only entitled, car hating cyclingfascists (cyclofascists? velorasts?) wouldn't instinctively understand it's better to be alive than right and that not everyone has the time or money to switch to winter tyres when it suddenly starts to snow.

Drove me mad so I guess I should consider myself to be thoroughly owned/successfully trolled.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

12:37 war zone report: I’m at an unnamed Maxima in Rīga, and there’s a literal 10 people queue at the potato shelf.

You can substitute potato with any other member of the Solanaceace (nightshade) family, such as tobacco. :clint:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
As somebody who once accidentally swallowed a wad of loose tobacco... I wouldn't recommend it :barf:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Here's some happy music to celebrate New Year (a Soviet communist invention) :toot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RjJKxsamQ

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Hopefully the wind of change will blow Putin off a balcony or out a window. Happy New Year, freedom loving EE brothers and sisters.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

EE thread should get a band to sing an inspiring song written by our collective.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Anne Frank Funk posted:

EE thread should get a band to sing an inspiring song written by our collective.

I'm sure Eläkeläiset could be hired for a case of vodka and a bag of pipe tobacco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHNf78PhUJc

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
You'd think one story ranch style homes would be the preferred accommodations in Eastern Europe, if only for the insurance premiums.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Nenonen posted:

I'm guessing they're talking about the D-30/2a18?

Does Ukraine produce ammo for that system?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Nenonen posted:

Here's some happy music to celebrate New Year (a Soviet communist invention) :toot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RjJKxsamQ

cmon now, if we're doing soviet holidays, we should be using soviet music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cw-vz7vS-8

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nice, I have that on CD! :)

This too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QvKchd4gyw

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

shaking my smh if this isn’t playing on your speakers since lunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5viIzp4rxC0

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
disgusting olivier salad status: assembled (pic related)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

nurmie posted:

disgusting olivier salad status: assembled (pic related)

I'm only now starting to peel potatoes. Going to be a 00:00 salad delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hundreds of thousands of Russian citizens live in Donbass, we will take all measures to protect them and resolve the conflict through diplomatic means - Lavrov