Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

Wasabi the J posted:

Chewbacca defense.

Every conservative I've argued with acts like I'm an idiot for disagreeing with him so it kinda weirds me out that he doesn't get called out for this by the media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

Riot Bimbo posted:

You can do this to encourage near-automatic responses, or emotional responses, that when fully ingrained, can more or less bypass the conscious ego. Hell you can even use this system to suppress an ego or replace it, or split it.

It's brain coding, literally. Once you give passive or active consent to be trained in this way, you are more or less vulnerable to the whims of the person doing it; especially if they have unrestricted or regular access to you in this way.

With time, and if you only have a limited awareness of the mechanics, there is no moral code you have can stand up to this, that cant be warped or broken. There is no taboo that cant be shattered, there is no meaningful defense, and the more complex patterns can absolutely select for interference/deprogramming and render it inert or less effective.

Ive been pretty hurt by it; although most of that has faded with time, and i use some stuff as ptsd symptom relief. My girlfriend can use a phrase to ground me and bring me back if I'm having a trauma response.

As highly abusable as it is, and sadly it seems people fundamentally predisposed to using it for abusive and malicious ends seem to understand it the most and up till recently, kept a pretty tight lid on the more complex possibilities therein, it is still potentially salvific for certain kinds of mental issues! It could be good, but as usual poo poo people found it first and more or less use ignorance of it to get away with pretty horrific poo poo. Hence it's popularity with mordern cult practices and all the letter-agency orbiters

I ran into this with a ex girlfriend at some point. She was in the kitchen having a ptsd episode breaking things for reasons. She picked up a 3 monkey carved totem her abuser had given her and I asked her 3 or 4 times if she wanted to break it... Making sure to ask her if she was sure multiple times.

The next day she was horrified and went all weird about that she had done it. That's was when I realized it was probably worse then I assumed.

Months later she visited me and in the course of a hour we had a conversation where she used the term Beta fish about 20 times.

I'm pretty sure I had playing cards left at my doorstep because of her when we were going out.

I've tried talk with one of my friends who works for the state mental health dept about the craziness I've experienced and as much as she has experienced helping in the system she still thinks I'm sort of crazy when it comes to the "people are psychologically programed and hard-coded responses exist" theory...

Just remember our meat brains have no firewall and it's all fun and games until you get MkUltrad, Havana syndromed, and then start thinking the band Rush is attacking you with psychotronics. :tinfoil:

Has Solaris Blueraven been brought up yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9WJ_rkOImA

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

TheGoonspiracist posted:

I'm pretty sure I had playing cards left at my doorstep because of her when we were going out.

what does this mean?

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

Spergin Morlock posted:

what does this mean?

Guess it depends on how paranoid you are...

https://charactersonthecouch.com/the-manchurian-candidate-1962-a-narcissistic-mother/

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Now that Epstein is gone, is there someone else who has taken his place, or has the system gone beyond needing people like him?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

All my apes gone

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Bilirubin posted:

All my apes gone

like blocks...in the chain...

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realBlagojevich/status/1476618299094016000

More and more people are saying!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Space Robot posted:

Now that Epstein is gone, is there someone else who has taken his place, or has the system gone beyond needing people like him?

dude this entire country is running on intertia from poo poo completed before i was even born; the system, both its surface, on-paper elements, and the shadowy malignant tumor that has long since subsumed actual function, has not needed any one individual since maybe nixon

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Wait a loving minute is he saying he was a rat?

Like on Twitter?

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 07:16 on Dec 31, 2021

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Space Robot posted:

loads of them, and if they dislike publicity all the better

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Wasabi the J posted:

Like on Twitter?

That's the exact opposite of saying he was a rat. It was I spent years in a terrible cell and saw how rats are treated.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Wasabi the J posted:

Like on Twitter?

"Epstein did not kill himself over the conditions in his cell or because he thought he was never getting out, because he knew enough that he could have used what he'd known to secure a cushier cell for himself or even a release. And I know this because I refused to do the same and was placed in much harsher conditions because of it, while I watched others get off lightly by trading in what they knew"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Blagojevich got jobbed real hard because he didn't play nice w/ Obama and while I think he's pretty sus, he's clearly not in the inner circle of the cabal and seems pretty mad about it lol and i trust him to level pretty brutal + true insight here, tbh

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

TheGoonspiracist posted:

she still thinks I'm sort of crazy when it comes to the "people are psychologically programed and hard-coded responses exist" theory...

i dont think thats unreasonable of her, especially if you used terms like hard-coded and firewall when talking about cognition.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

using altered states, cognition altering sounds, and hypnotic techniques to reprogram people is a thing, and outside of the field, the idiom of programming a computer is the most apt one readily available to most people.

Raving about mk ultra stuff to a disinterested party is always a bad idea, but my earliest non-pop culture exposure to the concept of hypnosis was in my entry level psych courses at college lol.

i mean the phenomenon has pretty famous case studies attached to it where operations were performed without anesthesia using hypnosis; it takes a pretty incurious mind to go "nah there's nothing there that's not already well known and understood."

and hey by itself, hypnosis has some pretty hard limits, but that stuff is really just a tool in a larger suite of them interested parties can use to alter their minds and the minds of others vOv I wish the depth of what is possible w/ them was better understood.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
I agree with most of that

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
for inquiring minds who are bad at doing files like me, The Devil's Chessboard is $2 on Google ebooks

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

didn't all the times people tried hypnosis instead of anaesthesia result in the test subject / victim afterwards going "it didn't work and I felt everything"

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

DirtyRobot posted:

yeah in my post history ITT I recommended adding it to our reading list. I think it rules. the RFK assassination is in some ways more of a crack-ping whiplash than the JFK one because it seems so open-and-shut on the surface but then immediately falls apart in the most insane ways.

from one of the sources (a CIA memo) Pease uses in the book:

CIA: "yeah I mean I guess you can't hypnotize someone to do something they wouldn't normally do, but if they're under hypnosis you can also just... lie to them, so uh... 🤷‍♂️"

from another one:

Recently on Twitter, Pease posted this extremely "fun" article by Mae Brussell about the fourth reich idea, which Michael S Judge from the Death Is Just Around the Corner podcast has been talking about :

https://twitter.com/lisapease/status/1476064057933266944?s=21
Full-text version of the article is also on Mae Brussell's amazing 1990s website. Note that I haven't looked into most of it to find sources etc. Also, it's from 1984, so it's working from way less info re: JFK than we have now.

fuckin A hot drat

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/JayShams/status/1476650826080915462?t=pxJQyAK4b2F4v8t08cy8Bg&s=19

Tying up loose ends.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol

I remember posting the guards wouldn't get anything in the end and getting shouted down that I was just being a conspiracy nut

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

steve jail will never be brought to justice

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

even if the man did kill himself, it was the incompetence of the suicide wing COs that allowed him the opportunity. even in the least machiavellian interpretation they were obviously accountable. lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the cameras magically didnt work and they were both asleep. and there were like substitute guys working there that nobody was familiar with that night.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
And there was that vanity fair or something article that tried to sell the triple level hearsay with very explicit conflict of interest.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hello, mr jail?
jeffy killed himself
please release me for helpfulness
thanks

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Weird how all the news executives and stock owners happen to be accused of pedophilia!

Many such cases!

(They're trying to buy out local news too)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that video clip of all the Sinclair owned local news hacks delivering the same "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" speech was a super crack pinger

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fleetwood posted:

for inquiring minds who are bad at doing files like me, The Devil's Chessboard is $2 on Google ebooks

finally started this one yesterday and finished chapter 1. I'm already saying "wow, what the gently caress?" every other sentence lol

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

finally started this one yesterday and finished chapter 1. I'm already saying "wow, what the gently caress?" every other sentence lol

lol by the time Talbot gives you JFK orgasm you'll be begging for it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

my one complaint is that he refers to Allen Dulles as "Dulles" and John Foster Dulles as "Foster", but not consistently. very confusing

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

my one complaint is that he refers to Allen Dulles as "Dulles" and John Foster Dulles as "Foster", but not consistently. very confusing

AD is the subject of the book, so it's a style choice. Foster was the name JFD went by among acquaintances.

makes it read with difficulty but you gotta make a choice as an editor.

Mundrial Mantis
Aug 15, 2017

Thanks, both of these made hypnotism somewhat easier to get

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Randal posted:

Yeah and then argued that the government not using the testimony of someone who has accused a member of the royal family of pedophilia somehow delegitimizes the accusation. For a lawyer he's very illogical

There has been speculation that he killed his first wife. She had claimed to be abused and jumped off a bridge.

I feel like Dersh will either die by gunshot to the back of the head or in the way of a dark comedy movie when he breaks into one of his victims’ homes and then the recoil of his own gun sends him flipping back over a stair railing.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Fleetwood posted:

folks can also check it out here :)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DesertIslandHermit posted:

There has been speculation that he killed his first wife. She had claimed to be abused and jumped off a bridge.

I'm gonna play the Bayesian here :stare:

quote:

I feel like Dersh will either die by gunshot to the back of the head or in the way of a dark comedy movie when he breaks into one of his victims’ homes and then the recoil of his own gun sends him flipping back over a stair railing.

nah he's useful as a limited hangout. look how we mock him.

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Yeah it kinda looks like all his usefulness has run out. Think hanging's common enough to get away with it once more and he's been saying a bunch of dumb poo poo in public enough to sell that he was privately suffering from dementia and just couldn't take it anymore

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Randal posted:

Yeah it kinda looks like all his usefulness has run out. Think hanging's common enough to get away with it once more and he's been saying a bunch of dumb poo poo in public enough to sell that he was privately suffering from dementia and just couldn't take it anymore

Just stowed away from the public like Rosemary Kennedy feels both horrifying and yet cathartic.