Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
That easy money was what lured Teddy into taking the gig as Artie’s assistant. The kid had no idea what he was getting into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Lifespan posted:

Nope, it was $500. I'm assuming that included the cost of the music (99 cents a song at the time), but that is still very LOL.

lol if he didn't just torrent it all and pocket the money.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I remember one time Artie got some free money to bet with some shady site Cabbie was associated with and he called them for some reason to place the bets and he was mystified by the concept of usernames and poo poo lol

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That's www.artie hyphen lange backslash howardstern colon aol dot org

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I had a dream last night that here was a Wack Pack MArio Kart game and Eric's character was just him in his power chair. When he'd pass someone he'd yell " ack ack motherfucker"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I would like to have this dream too. how do u unlock this dream

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I really want to play that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

in Howard Kart 64 u can't choose eric in the battlemode because he refused releasing his likeness in the game if it were possible to attach balloons to him

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How I unlocked it was by listening to some eric clips while shoveling snow, then took a cbd sleep gummy before bed.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looking at the snow outside, headphones, and weed gummies in my cabinet and getting some inspiration. Who were the other racers? I assume Beet is out there and says "Goo fo you pal" when you pass him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lifespan posted:

Looking at the snow outside, headphones, and weed gummies in my cabinet and getting some inspiration. Who were the other racers? I assume Beet is out there and says "Goo fo you pal" when you pass him.

Crazy Cabbie, obviously.

Ronnie, in his massive limo ("WHATEVER, DU!")

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Jeff the Drunk (but his controls are reversed)

Bigfoot in his WHITE CADILLAC

Riley Martin in a Bee-arr-vean ship

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Crazy Cabbie, obviously.

Ronnie, in his massive limo ("WHATEVER, DU!")

Yes, Ronnie in the S.S. Mund, with custom license plate "PETCOCK".

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sand Monster posted:

Yes, Ronnie in the S.S. Mund, with custom license plate "PETCOCK".

When you win as Ronnie, he'll tel at whomever's in last place "We're just tryna have a good time, I don't know why that bawthas you."

Also need the white bronco, with every turn narrated by Billy West.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rainbow Roads bgm is 45min of Fred yelling at his wife

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just want to apologize to my wife for the Jessica Hahn bathtub incident.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I figured ronnie would be driving his pace car, not his limo.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

I figured ronnie would be driving his pace car, not his limo.

Ronnie loot boxes with different vehicles.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Whores armor DLC

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Ronnie loot boxes with different vehicles.

"NASCAR! Yessir!" emote equiped

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really only remember Eric, but I'd like to think there was a Bigfoot character who yells " I'll EAT YOUR POWERUPS I WILL" whenever he picks one up.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

One of my favorite Jackie quirks is how someone would tell a story about him, to which he'd loudly object and call it a total lie and then retell the story in the exact same way (except changing minor details). The most prominent example of this is the finger cots bit, where Howard claimed he wore them because the paper dried out his fingers and Jackie adamantly said it was "the drying agent" in the paper (as if that was a huge difference).

Also I really miss the days when listeners would call in and rat out the staff for every little thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b289BuVfMQ4

haljordan fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 31, 2021

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

haljordan posted:

finger cots

This bit always reminds me of when I worked in Medical Records for a hospital. This was way back in the 90s when everything was still paper and we'd use these things to help with sorting the hundreds of pieces of paper that got send to us each morning. Lots of carbon copies and really thin sheets of paper from various lab machines so we had some that had bumps on them to help with the grip.

I'm at my local bar one day and pulled some stuff out of my jacket pocket and laid a few of things on the bar. The middle age woman tending bar, see the cots, asked what they were, put one on her finger, rubbed her fingers together feeling the "bumps" and said "...hmmm", put it in her pocket and walked off. There's an entire supply cabinet of them at work so I don't care to loose them.

I'm in the same bar a few days later. Same bar tender asks me where I got these finger cots and where can she get more? I say something like, "I didn't know bartending involves so much paperwork" to which she replies, "Honey, I'm not worried about any papercuts where this is goin'. Let's just say they are ribbed for my pleasure".

So every month I stole a couple boxes from work and gave to her in exchange for a few free rounds a week. There was like, 100 in each box and I never asked if she was using 3 or 4 a day, reselling them or what.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bonzo posted:

This bit always reminds me of when I worked in Medical Records for a hospital. This was way back in the 90s when everything was still paper and we'd use these things to help with sorting the hundreds of pieces of paper that got send to us each morning. Lots of carbon copies and really thin sheets of paper from various lab machines so we had some that had bumps on them to help with the grip.

I'm at my local bar one day and pulled some stuff out of my jacket pocket and laid a few of things on the bar. The middle age woman tending bar, see the cots, asked what they were, put one on her finger, rubbed her fingers together feeling the "bumps" and said "...hmmm", put it in her pocket and walked off. There's an entire supply cabinet of them at work so I don't care to loose them.

I'm in the same bar a few days later. Same bar tender asks me where I got these finger cots and where can she get more? I say something like, "I didn't know bartending involves so much paperwork" to which she replies, "Honey, I'm not worried about any papercuts where this is goin'. Let's just say they are ribbed for my pleasure".

So every month I stole a couple boxes from work and gave to her in exchange for a few free rounds a week. There was like, 100 in each box and I never asked if she was using 3 or 4 a day, reselling them or what.

Wow, that’s amazing. Can you believe this guy, Robin? Is that a thing women would like?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Oh and Happy New Year thread

https://www.soundboard.com/sb/zombievsshark

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oh my god, "Riley Martin - Snuckelofagus"

That was just a lightning strike to my memory

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Lifespan posted:

"NASCAR! Yessir!" emote equiped

"This ain't Hot Rod Magazine, pal!"

There would be so many great clips for a JD character, too.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Chicken Butt posted:

"This ain't Hot Rod Magazine, pal!"

There would be so many great clips for a JD character, too.

So many hooting noises to choose from

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Barreft posted:

Oh my god, "Riley Martin - Snuckelofagus"

That was just a lightning strike to my memory

Rhinosaucerous

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
OH YEAH! DROPPIN LOADS!

Happy New Year thread!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Re-listening to the Artie vs. Dice fight and it is sooo obvious Dice used Artie's five grand to pay off some other more urgent bills and was scrambling to get him his money lmao

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
I think Artie was more annoyed that he made a bad business decision to take a lot less money than Dice and most of the audience clearly bought tickets to see Artie and couldn’t care less about Dice.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Two Kings posted:

I think Artie was more annoyed that he made a bad business decision to take a lot less money than Dice and most of the audience clearly bought tickets to see Artie and couldn’t care less about Dice.

Dice kept going on and on about all the arenas "they" could sell out together and you could tell Artie never wanted to see the guy again for this rest of his life

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Never meet your heroes

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
They probably could have booked big gigs at that time if they set up a tour with more big names, but the funny thing is that is that Artie didn't need Dice for that. At that time Artie was selling out large theaters across the country whereas Dice could only get spots larger than a club in Jersey.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Lifespan posted:

They probably could have booked big gigs at that time if they set up a tour with more big names, but the funny thing is that is that Artie didn't need Dice for that. At that time Artie was selling out large theaters across the country whereas Dice could only get spots larger than a club in Jersey.

Joizee

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Artie has now outlived Bob Saget too...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I was just going to drop Bob Saget a note, Robin

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

I was just going to drop Bob Saget a note, Robin

I love that someone does this every time a celeb dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

It's funny how many celebrity deaths I learn about from this thread.