Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
sometimes i love to hear a teardown of something i like. if its a good teardown i get to hear an alternative perspective i hadn't considered (the way some people play videogames is unfathomable to me) and if its a bad one i can get like fake-mad about it and "get mad" with my friends (laughing lightly at weird opinions)

the only reason i know who joseph anderson is bc i watched his dark souls videos and he has THE MOST INSANE opinions ive ever heard re the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you have to be pretty insane to have the most insane dark souls theories...

fun hater
May 24, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you have to be pretty insane to have the most insane dark souls theories...

no i mean, the way he plays the game is insane. he complains about not being able to do a plunging attack on the first armored boar you meet which, fair, that mechanic is used like 3 times and then never again, but then he just rawdogs it through the fight and never figures out that you're supposed to use the item that is given to you (the alluring skulls, multiple, in case you miss) in that specific location (where theres a big ol fire for no reason) so that you can learn a new way to kill enemies

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

fun hater posted:

no i mean, the way he plays the game is insane. he complains about not being able to do a plunging attack on the first armored boar you meet which, fair, that mechanic is used like 3 times and then never again, but then he just rawdogs it through the fight and never figures out that you're supposed to use the item that is given to you (the alluring skulls, multiple, in case you miss) in that specific location (where theres a big ol fire for no reason) so that you can learn a new way to kill enemies

i just run past the boar...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Every time ive ever actually tried to kill the boar the "intended" way with the alluring skull in the fire, the boar says "i will simply walk around the fire and/or stop short"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just ran past him as well.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i just run past the boar...

Alaois posted:

Every time ive ever actually tried to kill the boar the "intended" way with the alluring skull in the fire, the boar says "i will simply walk around the fire and/or stop short"

Dias posted:

I just ran past him as well.

i cant believe im surrounded by such n00bs......

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZteAovHJllk
Another round of Drew Gooden buying dumb poo poo off of insta ads. Now with more scamming!

the hair serum :psyduck:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fun hater posted:

The boar isnt cooperating! Thats why i just stab him in the rear end hole repeatedly

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

fun hater posted:

The boar literally has an Achilles rear end, fire is the boring way.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Famethrowa posted:

the hair serum :psyduck:

now that's what I call gamer tape

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

fun hater posted:

drat you got them, dias was a secret transphobe the whole time and was only pretending to get the incredible information from this thread

?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZteAovHJllk
Another round of Drew Gooden buying dumb poo poo off of insta ads. Now with more scamming!

boy do i not miss watching youtubers where the video is 85% jokey jokes and 15% the actual topic of the video

i get that sometimes you have to poo poo out a video to meet sponsor deadlines but c'mon man

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

sophie goes by them you dumb rear end

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

endocriminologist posted:

It’s so strange how trans women become “they” whenever ppl disagree w then

What the gently caress are you talking about

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Do not even ask posted:

boy do i not miss watching youtubers where the video is 85% jokey jokes and 15% the actual topic of the video

i get that sometimes you have to poo poo out a video to meet sponsor deadlines but c'mon man

I'm pretty sure the jokes are the actual point of the video, the topic is just to facilitate jokes

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

Oh dang I guess they did like it per other people. I don’t watch stuff making GBS threads on things I like because I don’t find value in that.

RLM very rarely spends all their time being shittly negative. They watch bad movies for that, they don't need to go through hoops to say [latest popular movie] is the WORST EVER.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I like how people will sometimes take random stabs at uses of 'they' from all different sides and how it almost always comes off dumb or opportunistic, when 'they' as a normal pointer for one person has existed for a long time, or when someone's first language actually has regular neutral descriptors for people which usually hash out to 'they' in english, or how it's just the way some refer to people in general because it is a simple neutral descriptor overall, or even with some often queer or neurodivergent people just not gelling with constant he/she even in the most mundane talk. Obviously it can be, but 'they' doesn't have to be a pronoun-ized word in use. The last is mainly what I fall into and have had weirdos of all sides have their own deranged blowups at me for just saying "They're cool" or "They make good things" and similar.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grondoth posted:

RLM very rarely spends all their time being shittly negative. They watch bad movies for that, they don't need to go through hoops to say [latest popular movie] is the WORST EVER.

yea even in movies they genuinely seem to dislike they at least spend most of the video just loving around riffing and then go 'yea that fuckin sucked man, waste of time'.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
i'd rather be called "they" than "it"

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I Before E posted:

I'm pretty sure the jokes are the actual point of the video, the topic is just to facilitate jokes

Maybe I phrased that poorly, I mean 85% WOAH SO RANDOM BAZINGA PICKLE RICK jokes and 15% jokes about the actual topic the video is supposed to be about. You know the usual from your Peanut Butter Gamers, ralphthemoviemakers and jonnitytronnitys

Maybe I'm just getting too old for Youtube

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Do not even ask posted:

Maybe I phrased that poorly, I mean 85% WOAH SO RANDOM BAZINGA PICKLE RICK jokes and 15% jokes about the actual topic the video is supposed to be about. You know the usual from your Peanut Butter Gamers, ralphthemoviemakers and jonnitytronnitys

Maybe I'm just getting too old for Youtube

Do not watch videos for literal babies.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ash Crimson posted:

i'd rather be called "they" than "it"

Oh hey you beat me to the thought I had.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

endocriminologist posted:

It’s so strange how trans women become “they” whenever ppl disagree w then

2022 and I wake up to these bitchass posts lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

every 2021 regdate is a rereg

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Alaois posted:

every 2021 regdate is a rereg

Tiny Myers seems like an alright 2021 reg, no weird grudge posting and their av always makes me grin.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Grondoth posted:

they used to be annoyingly kind to most of the blockbuster movies they watched. just find a video from 2017 if you wanna hear about how a movie is watchable enough and trying pretty hard to have fun

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

volts5000 posted:

Then the movie will be right up your alley. Most of the referenced backstory comes from the first movie. If you only vaguely remember the second and third movies, you'll be ok.

Ehh. Not to turn this into movie review time, but the first movie was nicely self contained. I loved the theme of understanding the system equaling -transcending- it. At the end he was not punching agents, he was unmaking them while literally bending the world to his whim. I didn't read him flying off as "now he can do that", but "the barriers are all gone".

But nope, 2 and 3 came along and turns out he was the same dope as before, just with flight powers, bullet stop and +10 to all stats.

And even if 4 breaks with the sequels, I also don't need to retread 1. I might watch it later after I put a dent on the watch pile.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Try to keep up, ok?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpiritualDeath posted:

Try to keep up, ok?

so strange how fast a trans woman becomes a 'they' as soon as...it's one of the pronouns she uses...

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I can't believe using they is transphobic now... Being NB is a bannable offence...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SpiritualDeath posted:

Try to keep up, ok?

I hope to god this jabroni doesn't turn out into another BravestoftheLamps

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Junpei Hyde posted:

I can't believe using they is transphobic now... Being NB is a bannable offence...

gender outlaws :clint:

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

all transpeople are cool criminals I'm glad we're in agreement

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Do not watch videos for literal babies.

drat that's 95% of the videos in this thread

rox
Sep 7, 2016

what are some videos that you like? :)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Do not even ask posted:

drat that's 95% of the videos in this thread

Nah, not that much

But I know the feeling, finding a popular channel take on a topic that sounds interesting, but it's close to 30 minutes long and only 5 of it is the topic itself. I guess it's like TV shows, they hook you and make you wait for the part you actually want to see.

But it also exists on the same service that hosts videos that are 2+ hours focused on a particular topic, even if the topics tend to be stupid. I don't think anyone can age into or out of youtube anymore, cause everyone's uploading everything there. If you want to feel old, look at most of the things that get popular on TikTok and deal with the discomfort of feeling like the kids actually are stupider than they used to be.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grondoth posted:

Nah, not that much

But I know the feeling, finding a popular channel take on a topic that sounds interesting, but it's close to 30 minutes long and only 5 of it is the topic itself. I guess it's like TV shows, they hook you and make you wait for the part you actually want to see.

But it also exists on the same service that hosts videos that are 2+ hours focused on a particular topic, even if the topics tend to be stupid. I don't think anyone can age into or out of youtube anymore, cause everyone's uploading everything there. If you want to feel old, look at most of the things that get popular on TikTok and deal with the discomfort of feeling like the kids actually are stupider than they used to be.

lol

lmao

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

People were always dumb or annoying, it's just the more connected we get, the more visible it is.

I thank the heavens every day that the early chunk of life couldn't be documented on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Junpei Hyde posted:

I was under the impression "they" is generally acceptable if you're not sure of someone's gender, is that not the case?