Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

worst non-anime game name of all time is Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie and it ain’t close

I think it's a lot better than game titles that only say "the movie" without clarifying it's a game not a movie.

Such as:

Street Fighter: The Movie
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

teagone posted:

100% agree, gonna fleece some dummy on eBay and have them pay for my Series S basically lol.

Good luck but looking at some of those 'completed' auctions a bunch are being relisted and others show signs of just a couple of low feedback accounts bidding up.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Crysis 2 gameplay wise feels a lot more solid than 1 in relation to shooting and general level design. It feels maybe a bit too linear and an overcorrection to Crysis 1, but so far I haven't been pulling my pubes out with frustration over really underbaked levels.

Early days though. Wish they'd have included more of the advanced engine stuff from the first game but obviously they had to hobble this thing to run on the era's consoles.

I have fond memories of Crysis 3, hopefully they hold up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I got much further in 3 than 2 but they’re both pretty dated tbh, you can tell they’re massively hobbled as console-first developed games.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

I got much further in 3 than 2 but they’re both pretty dated tbh, you can tell they’re massively hobbled as console-first developed games.

I played the Xbox 360 Crysis 3 via backwards compatibility a few months ago - running at 60FPS I thought it looked incredibly well for its time, though I didn't get very far to comment on the gameplay.

Funny thing is that, in my memory, all the original games look like their remasters until I see the originals after whatever number of years.

I bought the BioShock Collection for £7.99. Hope my memories aren't destroyed. Any other recommendations in the sales? I've loaded up on enough shooters for a while.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pretty sure Crysis 3 Xbox 360 is running at 31fps in back compat mode !

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Games receiving next gen/FPS boost patches for the Series S is entirely dependent on the developer right?

Red Warrior posted:

Good luck but looking at some of those 'completed' auctions a bunch are being relisted and others show signs of just a couple of low feedback accounts bidding up.

Yeah, I have a friend who is willing to pay face value of the items in case I can't flip them on eBay. Estimated actual cost of each bundle if purchasing similar items available in both Fortnite/Rocket League is ~$30 or so. Still not bad!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

teagone posted:

Games receiving next gen/FPS boost patches for the Series S is entirely dependent on the developer right?

Not quite. MS backwards compatibility team have been working on boosting the FPS of games for the last year and a bit but they’ve recently announced they’ve hit a wall with their current methods. So it can and has been done by the MS team, not just the original developers but I’d say the amount of games that see it in the future will be very small.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Not quite. MS backwards compatibility team have been working on boosting the FPS of games for the last year and a bit but they’ve recently announced they’ve hit a wall with their current methods. So it can and has been done by the MS team, not just the original developers but I’d say the amount of games that see it in the future will be very small.

Well that's dope! I eventually want to get around to playing Nier Replicant, and saw the Series S is just running the One S version which is sub 900p. Which is fine tbh, but it'd be cool if it gets boosted to 1080p60 at least.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Finally picked up a Series X and I'm re-bought a couple games I never finished on my PS4. Red Dead looks great on this thing, even Skate 3 is nice.

Should I pick up GTA V or wait for a remaster? I think it's been pushed back until sometime next year? The disc version is only $15 right now, might be worth it if it wont be until later in the year.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don’t know if I’d bother buying GTA on disk , I’d say the amount of updates you need to download at this stage renders it meaningless unless you’re sure you’re gonna sell it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I don’t know if I’d bother buying GTA on disk , I’d say the amount of updates you need to download at this stage renders it meaningless unless you’re sure you’re gonna sell it.

A lot of the time disc games are cheaper than their digital versions but it looks like GTA V is on sale for the same price in the digital store anyways

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

FCKGW posted:

Finally picked up a Series X and I'm re-bought a couple games I never finished on my PS4. Red Dead looks great on this thing, even Skate 3 is nice.

Should I pick up GTA V or wait for a remaster? I think it's been pushed back until sometime next year? The disc version is only $15 right now, might be worth it if it wont be until later in the year.

GTA V is probably worth waiting for a remaster, its 1080p or something and I think it looks like a blurry mess on my 4k TV. It never got a One X upgrade so it's still Xbone era settings.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Live At Five! posted:

GTA V is probably worth waiting for a remaster, its 1080p or something and I think it looks like a blurry mess on my 4k TV. It never got a One X upgrade so it's still Xbone era settings.

Thanks. I still have the PS4 so I can always fire that up if I want to play GTA.

Any good games for kids? Maybe something with good multiplayer support? They liked Ratchet and Clank on PS4 but I think that's an exclusive.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

teagone posted:

Yeah, I have a friend who is willing to pay face value of the items in case I can't flip them on eBay. Estimated actual cost of each bundle if purchasing similar items available in both Fortnite/Rocket League is ~$30 or so. Still not bad!

One of the best series s performing games after the boost is definitely Prey btw. I had an S for about a year before I managed to get an X and had to be a bit picky with BC stuff

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

FCKGW posted:

Any good games for kids? Maybe something with good multiplayer support? They liked Ratchet and Clank on PS4 but I think that's an exclusive.

Depends on age, but on game pass
-Paw Patrol (one on GP, one not)
-Donut County
-Minecraft
-Minecraft Dungeons
-Raib on my Parade

Just in general
-Lego Marvel
-Spyro Remaster
-my son really like Gigantosaurus but it's for 4-6 year olds basically, like Paw Patrol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Red Warrior posted:

I got an offer of $90 for the Rocket League/Fortnite DLC on eBay, lol. Completed the transaction just now. I essentially got paid ~$20 to trade in my One S with its controller and an old media remote to get my Series S. Good way to the end the year :)

I think I'm gonna trade in the controller that came with the console since I have the purple Goon Squad controller and another spare white one I got on sale during BF. Don't need 3 controllers, heh, so I get another $27.50 store credit on top of that. Thanks Gamestop!

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

teagone posted:

I got an offer of $90 for the Rocket League/Fortnite DLC on eBay, lol. Completed the transaction just now. I essentially got paid ~$20 to trade in my One S with its controller and an old media remote to get my Series S. Good way to the end the year :)

I think I'm gonna trade in the controller that came with the console since I have the purple Goon Squad controller and another spare white one I got on sale during BF. Don't need 3 controllers, heh, so I get another $27.50 store credit on top of that. Thanks Gamestop!

Cool glad it worked. Yeah not a bad deal.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

FCKGW posted:

Gang Beasts

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Goldeneye soon?
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1477108966513467392

Wonder if we'll get like a simultaneous Xbox/Switch drop.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

MJBuddy posted:

Depends on age, but on game pass
-Paw Patrol (one on GP, one not)
-Donut County
-Minecraft
-Minecraft Dungeons
-Rain on your Parade

I've been delighted by Rain on Your Parade. Cute game and tons of fun references to other game series. Easy recommend if you're looking for something chill.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Red Warrior posted:

Goldeneye soon?

There's no way. There's no way, right? Right?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Red Warrior posted:

Goldeneye soon?

Gott im Himmel

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

ColdPie posted:

There's no way. There's no way, right? Right?

One of the two Xbox profiles that has unlocked those achievements works at rare so this seems to be a pretty good indication this is real

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In exchange for Banjo Kazooie on NSO, Nintendo agreed to release their moratorium on Goldeneye is my guess

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Red Warrior posted:

Goldeneye soon?

:supaburn:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Red Warrior posted:

Goldeneye soon?

Oh poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Need some stupid loving bond quip for Game Pass to announce this

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

Need some stupid loving bond quip for Game Pass to announce this

"For N64, James?"

"No, for Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, and Xbox Game Pass."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

"For N64, James?"

"No, for Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, and Xbox Game Pass."

Thank you. Your check is in the mail

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Wasn’t it originally coming out on 360? Hopefully it’s upscale a bit from those days. I haven’t played the Perfect Dark remake since release though, maybe it looks fine.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The leaked version was dope.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
The Rare 360 remaster that leaked was indeed dope and hopefully we'll see that one finalised.

I feel we're in a different world today than in 2007 or whenever it was cancelled - whether it was Nintendo or MGM or whomever who pulled the plug, I suspect today many of the parties involved would have people who grew up with goldeneye in leadership positions or close to and would see the value in taking the plunge for it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm pretty sure the people who own the Bond franchise are probably insane greedy idiots.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I'm pretty sure the people who own the Bond franchise are probably insane greedy idiots.

Matt McMuscles did a Wha Happen on it and it seemed like Eon didn't want old James Bond stuff to overshadow new stuff. Hence James Bond Legends.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Goldeneye for PC as well plz thx :pcgaming:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

webmeister posted:

Goldeneye for PC as well plz thx :pcgaming:

Its microsoft, I think the last console only title they released was in 2015

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Also I need to finish Perfect Dark this year.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Barudak posted:

Its microsoft, I think the last console only title they released was in 2015

yeah halo 5

having replayed that a couple months ago, no great loss!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bringing the 360 remaster of Perfect Dark to PC Gamepass is literally the only thing I ask of this trillion dollar corporation.