Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Serephina posted:

I... I'm not sure playing with your phone on the throne is as normal as you might think? Someone else brought it up recently, I think in this thread, and it's just such an alien concept to me. And I play a lot of drat games. Too many.

Hate to be the one to tell ya this but you're the weird one here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Japanese gamers love games about sexy US military hardware from WW2 because who doesn't like a Dommy Mommy?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

P.N.03 would've been a good game if it was a proper Doom-clone instead of a bad Japanese Doom-clone that sucked to play.

I assume this is trap sprung but it plays nothing like Doom

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

don't use your phone while you take a poo poo, its disgusting and you're gonna put that thing on your face or touch it while you're eating lunch.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Caesar Saladin posted:

don't use your phone while you take a poo poo, its disgusting and you're gonna put that thing on your face or touch it while you're eating lunch.

Do you think people wipe their rear end with their phone or something

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

You're touching the toilet doors, the stanky toilet paper, putting the seat down. Its gross. The toilet is a gross place. Everything is covered in a fine mist of piss. Just take a few minutes away from the computer for once, it shouldn't be that difficult.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Just wondering how someone takes a poo poo such that their phone is in a less clean place than the back of their pants

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
I vaguely remember PN03. It was mediocre for GameCube standards at the time, and I didn't finish it. Needs more waifu content imo, or at least a fashion shop

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doctor J Off posted:

I vaguely remember PN03. It was mediocre for GameCube standards at the time, and I didn't finish it. Needs more waifu content imo, or at least a fashion shop

PN03 is so undercooked its code name as part of the Gamecube 5 of "Product Number 3" was its final title.

For the record its concept of being basically Resident Evil 4's positioning combat built out to a whole game is neat, and I wanted to like it, but it really is not good and punishingly difficult because its at its core an attempt to make Shmups in3d space

Barudak fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 1, 2022

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I never got the phone in the bathroom thing, how long does it take people to poo poo? Am I a poo poo speed runner? These are questions that probably warrant another thread but I'm lazy.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Barudak posted:

PN03 is so undercooked its code name as part of the Gamecube 5 of "Product Number 3" was its final title.

That's refreshingly honest. How many games honestly bill themselves as"creatively bankrupt corporate nonsense, number whatever"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doctor J Off posted:

That's refreshingly honest. How many games honestly bill themselves as"creatively bankrupt corporate nonsense, number whatever"

Madden

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Caesar Saladin posted:

Please don't put poo poo on your face or touch it while eating.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

I never got the phone in the bathroom thing, how long does it take people to poo poo? Am I a poo poo speed runner? These are questions that probably warrant another thread but I'm lazy.

I dunno how to say this in a way that doesn't sound condescending but the fact is that bodily functions can differ depending on the body, and it can be stuff that people have no control over, or don't know the cause of so they don't know how to avoid the problems. For example, sometimes I get abdominal migraines and when that happens, I can expect to spend a significant amount of time on the can. Some people just have megadiarrhea or whatever and just want something to occupy their mind while their butt dry heaves. It's not great to think about, but it's also not something I'd go trying to shame people for. I dunno what Caesar Saladin is imagining I'm doing with my phone or which bathrooms I'm using but from the posting it reads like the expectation is I'm pulling out a phone for 30 minutes to play a game while taking a poo poo in a subway station's public stalls. I could be wrong, but if that was the intent, then lol and lmao

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I just finished Virginia and feel like I got butt hosed by David Lynch

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hate to be the one to tell ya this but you're the weird one here

First of all, trap sprung lol

Anyway, according to the stats apparently 88% of people use their phone in the bathroom and that's just insane to me

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Barudak posted:

For the record its concept of being basically Resident Evil 4's positioning combat built out to a whole game is neat, and I wanted to like it, but it really is not good and punishingly difficult because its at its core an attempt to make Shmups in3d space

I've heard that the game is actually secretly a rhythm game, which is a problem in that it makes no effort to communicate this to the player.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

The master at work, biding their time through a full page of oily big titty anime elf chat as well as someone thanking the resident lamia boobs guy for a new avatar from a gacha, to post "trap sprung" about something they confirm in the same post is part of an overwhelming majority that they view as "insane"

Truly the unpopular videogame opinion champion

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

signalnoise posted:

The master at work, biding their time through a full page of oily big titty anime elf chat as well as someone thanking the resident lamia boobs guy for a new avatar from a gacha, to post "trap sprung" about something they confirm in the same post is part of an overwhelming majority that they view as "insane"

Truly the unpopular videogame opinion champion

Hey signalnoise is everything going okay with you? Betty White's death get you a little deep in your feelings today?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

signalnoise posted:

I dunno how to say this in a way that doesn't sound condescending but the fact is that bodily functions can differ depending on the body, and it can be stuff that people have no control over, or don't know the cause of so they don't know how to avoid the problems. For example, sometimes I get abdominal migraines and when that happens, I can expect to spend a significant amount of time on the can. Some people just have megadiarrhea or whatever and just want something to occupy their mind while their butt dry heaves. It's not great to think about, but it's also not something I'd go trying to shame people for. I dunno what Caesar Saladin is imagining I'm doing with my phone or which bathrooms I'm using but from the posting it reads like the expectation is I'm pulling out a phone for 30 minutes to play a game while taking a poo poo in a subway station's public stalls. I could be wrong, but if that was the intent, then lol and lmao

I will shame them BE BETTER POOPERS. First gacha now bad poopers, what his this world come to? I have coddled people for too long! Oh and don't get me started on the people who enjoy games I don't enjoy they're the worst of all.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sometimes I take a 25 minute poo poo at work just because I work on a night shift and I can do that.

A lot of my posts around midnight-3:30 mountain are creations of that.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

syntaxfunction posted:

My biggest problem with mobile gacha games is that besides pressing like an button and having a thing say you won or lost most don't seem to have actual gameplay.

I saw a friend play one of them and literally you just select a few characters and then hit the button to tell them to do a "mission" and then it just says if they won or lost. I couldn't see the actual game. It was just getting the anime pictures and pressing a button.

Everyone that plays then never seems to enjoy them, and it's not very pleasant to watch. And none of these people have money. But one did buy a lottery ticket on a lark once so I guess they deserve it.

You know how a couple pages back people were wondering what happened to rhythm games? That's where they went. Mobile rpgs are pretty terrible if you want to actually play a game, but mobile rhythm games are full of "gameplay" and "fun." wild.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Been a while since I've seen the ole "what's next? you'd get rid of Pokemon cards and the lottery too??" "uh, actually, yeah, gently caress them too" exchange. It always gives me a good laugh.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

QuarkJets posted:

Anyway, according to the stats apparently 88% of people use their phone in the bathroom and that's just insane to me

I add to bathroom graffiti with Pokemon caught on the toilet

Like people read newspapers and magazines on the toilet, games and phones are the modern version of that

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

QuarkJets posted:

If you're not playing a game of chess vs a guy in India at 2AM when you go to take a poo poo or a sit-down piss then why did you even go to the bathroom instead of just holding it until you wake up in the morning??????:???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

When I poop, I turn off my phone and I sit with my back straight, my hands resting in my lap, and I stare at the stall door blankly for as long as necessary to finish the job. Once I’ve finished shaming God, I wash up and turn my phone back on.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
pooping is its own game

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

Hey signalnoise is everything going okay with you? Betty White's death get you a little deep in your feelings today?

Posters like you confuse me. You make incredibly boring insults in this thread and without outs for some kind of self-deprecation angle to make it purely light-hearted, but if that's questioned, then supposedly this is ~the video game shitposting thread~ and that kind of thing is just supposed to be there. However, if you're challenged in the slightest, you insinuate that people are taking things personally, and are talking about how it's kind of weird to focus on phone use while making GBS threads in this particular context because they are butthurt in their feefees. Just to set your mind at ease, I can assure you I'm fine on my end emotionally, but I remain perplexed regarding the thread. Could you clear it up for me? I'm just trying to understand the rules so I can play along. Are you bringing up the very recent death of Betty White and questioning my emotional state to suggest that I was too severe in my post, and using the very recent death of Betty White to show what lighthearted pokes are really about, or are you actually just as boring and thin-skinned as that would normally suggest?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

signalnoise posted:

the resident lamia boobs guy

Who???

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

don't act like you never played Resident Lamia Boobs. we all played Resident Lamia Boobs. "whaddaya smellin" hehe gets me every time

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lamia eat scotch eggs.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I've heard that the game is actually secretly a rhythm game, which is a problem in that it makes no effort to communicate this to the player.

Its sort of a rhythm game if theres no predictive beat. Like its up to you to organize enemies and bosses into manageable predictable chunks, but it absolutely can and needs to be done.

Its really hard to explain because everything you do in the game is extremely deliberately stiff but at first play it doesn't feel like it should. Honestly not on second or third play either, its really brutal on mistakes in a this is actually a problem kind of hard. Like Dark Souls is happy to fudge numbers in your favor in addition to healing and you have leveling to overcome difficulties but PN03 is a pure "get good" and "get perfect" kind of experience where loving up once can easily either instantly be a failure or chain cascade into death. Then its a redo all this again and the game is not snappy or quick or short enough per stage enough to encourage getting back to where you were.

So of course I decided I had to get good enough to beat the game.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

PN03 is Space Channel 5 without a prompt

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
It’s strange how Nintendo showed everyone how the schmup genre still had a place in the 3D era with Starfox 64 and then everyone just… didn’t. They all copied Mario and OoT to make other genres work in 3D (hell even today like 60% of new games are working on an OoT framework) but no one ever really copied it except I guess Panzer Dragoon which sucked. Even the more “arcadey” flyan’ an shootan’ games like Rogue Squadron never really tried to be a 2D schmup in 3D like Starfox did. And Starfox 64 was a big hit so I don’t understand why there was never a big movement to build on it. Hell even Nintendo has spent the last 20 years refusing to make a Starfox 64-2 despite everyone demanding it. Instead we get an Oot game about dinosaurs, a floaty unresponsive game that either refuses to do rail segments or makes us play a godawful third person shooter, a touch screen “tactics” game with no rail shooting, or a gyro game.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

galagazombie posted:

It’s strange how Nintendo showed everyone how the schmup genre still had a place in the 3D era with Starfox 64 and then everyone just… didn’t. They all copied Mario and OoT to make other genres work in 3D (hell even today like 60% of new games are working on an OoT framework) but no one ever really copied it except I guess Panzer Dragoon which sucked. Even the more “arcadey” flyan’ an shootan’ games like Rogue Squadron never really tried to be a 2D schmup in 3D like Starfox did. And Starfox 64 was a big hit so I don’t understand why there was never a big movement to build on it. Hell even Nintendo has spent the last 20 years refusing to make a Starfox 64-2 despite everyone demanding it. Instead we get an Oot game about dinosaurs, a floaty unresponsive game that either refuses to do rail segments or makes us play a godawful third person shooter, a touch screen “tactics” game with no rail shooting, or a gyro game.

Do you know when Panzer Dragoon and Starfox 64 came out

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Panzer Dragoon as a franchise is so much better than Star Fox its absurd, and also came out 2 years earlier than Star Fox 64

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

MrQwerty posted:

Do you know when Panzer Dragoon and Starfox 64 came out

I read their release dates reversed when I googled it. Panzer Dragoon still sucked though so no one would copy that till Starfox made it work.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

galagazombie posted:

I read their release dates reversed when I googled it. Panzer Dragoon still sucked though so no one would copy that till Starfox made it work.

you are just a galaxy of stupid opinions

Barudak
May 7, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Panzer Dragoon 2 came out before Star Fox 64. Panzer Dragoon was one of the reasons to own a Saturn and a critical part of its success in Japan.

Star Fox 64's mechanics are all almost wholesale lifted from Panzer Dragoon and all the parts that aren't, which is what the blew out to make the rest of the Star Fox games to give the series its own independent identity, are very not good.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think Star Fox has a problem where the actual playtime from start to credits is basically an hour, and while that was acceptable around up to the 64 bit era modern game developers- and reviewers- absolutely cannot accept that. It's like one of the Sonic problems, where they're obsessed with 'speed' as a buzzword to the detriment of actual gameplay design. So you end up with padding, gimmicks and filler, and also Nintendo proper didn't really make a Star Fox game for like 20 years as they licensed it out to Capcom and randoms.

It's one of the few cases where the shmup genre isn't literally just a 90s arcade game, but it still has a lot of the design elements of one because of the nature of the genre. It's probably a hard sell on suits when it can't guarantee 40 hours of gameplay for AAA budget and design values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

galagazombie posted:

Panzer Dragoon still sucked though so