Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Honestly I just wish the new raids dropped like a universal token, keep the same exchange rates but make it all the same item. Same loot rules...it would stop that weird nonsense about some people waiting before claiming and all that, it seems like an obvious fix, but I'm guessing getting people to redo the raids to get the drops when the one they want is given to them initially is the goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Happy New Year! If you're still up ring in 2022 with some Heavensward! Now with even more guns!

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Bruceski posted:

Indeed. Also I finished my "everything glows" set and sat bored on a glowy chair to showcase it. Even the earrings, turns out EX1 accessories glow.

She has an elegant, yet commanding presence. I haven't finished my Eezen's WAR glam yet, but I'm aiming for 'bronze with Ancient Greek aesthetic'.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

central dogma posted:

She has an elegant, yet commanding presence. I haven't finished my Eezen's WAR glam yet, but I'm aiming for 'bronze with Ancient Greek aesthetic'.

I've found glams for the armor jobs to be tricky unless you pick all from one set, they usually rely heavily on the other pieces fitting in the right way. Glad this one worked.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

So after having just posted about being a male roe and some glamours I made a spur of the moment decision for New Year's. No idea if it'll stick but...

I enjoy the irony of looking at the Twink Race and making the least possible twink bunny boy I could.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

I mean this is true but it wouldn't be the first time there was some crazy rear end optimal/easier Black Mage rotation.

There are a bunch of meme BLM rotations that actually do respectable damage now.
https://twitter.com/tiggzleague/status/1474862189240414211

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

HackensackBackpack posted:

So, I missed this entirely in my playthrough, by my wife noticed something in the final two zones. The adventurous ambystoma (the axolotl from Elpis) is in Sharlayan Hamlet in the lower circle of Labyrinthos, but it shows up in Ultima Thule at Base Omicron when you need to scan for the malfunctioning Omicron. You can click on it and you get a little cutscene and everything.

It's great. Such an inquisitive little thing!

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
God, send help, I'm almost done

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Stop waiting forever to roll and just roll on loot damnit.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Me, almost at 90 with all my crafters, looking horrified at that screenshot: what... what does the purple mean

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

Me, almost at 90 with all my crafters, looking horrified at that screenshot: what... what does the purple mean

specialization, i assume

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Macaluso posted:

Red Metal posted:

specialization, i assume

Don't listen to them; purple means I leveled the class twice to be effectively level 180.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yup. Specialization, which is unlocked through HW quests.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If you want a specific token there's no reason not to wait until all the other rolls resolve. If you don't care what you get then you're going to win one of the things the slow rollers pass on so what do you care.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I say roll on the drat thing you want and pass the rest. If you miss it, run again. If you want to minimize the runs you make, make a premade first and sort it out beforehand.

It’s not like the panda normal gear is that big of a deal. Anyone really raiding will probably be in full crafted gear when it drops.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
some people hope you'll just leave if they try wait out the loot timer

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I just roll need on everything I want and if I don't get it I do the boss again because it's fun.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just :lol: why do you even roll, the gear will be obsolete soon I mean just :lmao:

-FF14 goons, probably

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Just don't be a prick and hold everyone up whilst you try and game the system

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

No Dignity posted:

Just don't be a prick and hold everyone up whilst you try and game the system

This.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

You don't need to worry about rolling because you can just wear gear from 6.2 and do the raid four months after it first comes out.

What's the value in doing it ASAP?

--

Unrelated: I know they gotta shuffle around the skills each expansion to clean things up but it's still funny to me that for Machinist 50-60 you get Drill at 58 and then the 'level 60 skill!' is just number 2 in your 1 2 3 combo having slightly more potency.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I regret to inform you all that I have become an anime. Again.

(Sike, this poo poo's baller! I am actually quite enthusiastic about this development.)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

happy new year! completely unrelated

zenos is based on sebastian bach change my mind

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bewilderment posted:

You don't need to worry about rolling because you can just wear gear from 6.2 and do the raid four months after it first comes out.

What's the value in doing it ASAP?

The people doing things ASAP are gonna be in pentamelded crafted gear as soon as it drops. No one is saying you need to wait forever to gear up, but wasting everyone’s time because you’re afraid you can’t get a decent roll on something that’s gonna be out of date next week is ridiculous. No one in here discussing optimal panda rolling is a world first raider. It’s not that big of a deal.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

More notes on my ShB playthrough:

Pre-77 Dungeon MSQ and duty:
The resolution to Ryne’s plot was a bit too fast, but ultimately satisfying. Ran’jit’s desire to lock her in a gilded cage where she’d have no agency spurred her in the opposite direction of affirming her individuality, in a way that allowed her to push through her feeling of inadequacy. The redesign away from Minfilia’s feature looks a lot more natural, which I guess is the point.

Meanwhile, Ran’jit’s motivations are explored, also too fast, mostly to establish him as mentally broken by all his Minfilia charges dying young and unaffected by Vauthry’s mind control. I’m not sure how believable this character arc is, but at least it’s consistent.

Finally, Thancred got his big expansion moment, with a big set piece fight then a breakthrough that allows him to finally do something other than brood in response to Ryne. That said, it’s very much Urianger who stole the show during the final conversation where Ryne was renamed rather than herself or Thancred

Post-77 Dungeon MSQ and duty:

The breaking glass effects starting once we absorb the 4th lightwarden is rather chilling. It seems to have been chosen to signify pain, but it mostly evoked the feeling of something breaking through the WoL’s being to me, which is more horrifying if anything.

And then Ardbert “touching” the WoL heals them, in a way that’s not really explained yet. My speculation so far is that it’s either due to some Hydaelin magic, which would be very boring, or that as our counterpart big hero in the First, he’s able to share our burden, somehow? I expect we’ll learn the answer after the last LW fight.

I wondered if meol was soylent when I went through the early Eulmore visit, turns out it’s soylent light. That makes Vauthry’s mind control more interesting at least, if only in its method. The Ascension (I think that’s the term used) mentioned by the sick singer would then be the inhabitant turning in sin eaters, to be harvested or used as troops.

The reveal that Vauthry is the Lightwarden makes sense, as it explains his control over sin eaters. Is the implication of second face lighting up on his side that he’s chimera and that his twin is the Lightwarden? Or just some monstrous imagery, which they like using for that character.

The Eulmore recovery after those events seemed way way too fast (again, it’s a recurring feeling this expansion), in the same way the aftermath of the Vault felt back in Heavensward. Us punching through the Eulmore defenses and its zombie horde to reach Vauthry is one thing, but am I really to believe that everyone there went along with us once he fled the city?

A note about the Ran’jit fights: One thing they did really well here (better than with Zenos I feel) is gradually revealing his moveset so you learn how to fight him better after each confrontation. It makes the final victory more believable since by that point the player has become mechanically adept at fighting him, in the same way your character is supposed to be. I still felt disappointed they didn’t give the kill to Thancred though

I’ve also unlocked the Qitari Beast Tribe Dailies (their basecamp music is wonderful) and am playing through the role quests after rushing WAR and BLM to 70+. I’ve started taking notes of what they’re doing and who’s in their group when, and there seems to have been a 6th Warrior of Darkness? I thought it was just a random tank NPC when I first encountered her in the healer 76 duty and wrote her off, but then she started showing up in the other questlines too, so I went back to the healer duty in the inn to confirm it was the same person and it was. By now, I expect that whatever happened to her is the trauma that’s driving all of WoD sin eaters’s erratic behaviour.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

escape mechanism posted:

am playing through the role quests after rushing WAR and BLM to 70+. I’ve started taking notes of what they’re doing and who’s in their group when,

Doing all the rolequests is extremely worthwhile for the capstone and followups.

It does make me sad that the Endwalker rolequests aren't anywhere near as good and probably won't have a very interesting capstone added.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm pretty sure a lot of you rated the EW tank role quests poorly but for some reason I fuckin loved it

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm pretty sure a lot of you rated the EW tank role quests poorly but for some reason I fuckin loved it

They weren't bad, but they also just kind of make me want a trial involving punching the elements.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah Shadowbringers's role quests are a tough act to follow. I guess we still need to wait for the EW capstone, but it's gonna be hard to beat ShB's capstone setting us up for an eventual expansion set in the 13th. Like we even have a crew of 7 ready to go.

Also, Escape Mechanism, there's a hidden requirement to unlock the full questline for the capstone. Or well, the post-capstone wrap up quests. You'll have to finish the Warring Triad trial series from Heavensward.

Oxyclean posted:

They weren't bad, but they also just kind of make me want a trial involving punching the elements.

All rise for the Duskwight national anthem

TGLT fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 1, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I also thought the part between the 77 and 79 dungeons was way too fast and easy, even for a fantasy/anime game. (Eulmore leadup to 79 dungeon spoiler) First quickly freeing Eulmore, then doing a bunch of quests to set up a huge golem literally pulling a flying mountain out of the sky? Come on :laffo:

It was fun to watch, but also extremely silly.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

It had a bit of a boring story IMO but it had the best final fight.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Endwalker's melee DPS role quests have so far been my favourite out of the three I've done (tank, melee, physical ranged). I'm working on Red Mage now and will do the magical dps with that.

I'm also levelling Sage, but I ran my first dungeon with people yesterday and fled in shame after letting the tank die on the first pull of Holminster and then on the second pull, even though it was smaller. Trusts it is!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Don’t be ashamed if the tank dies in any pull in Holminster, especially when you’re new to a specific healer. That place is absolutely brutal on both tanks and healers.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I've done melee, caster, and ranged so far and the only one I felt was actually worth doing was ranged. Caster is...okay, and the melee one was the beige of nothingness.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Kazinsal posted:

happy new year! completely unrelated

zenos is based on sebastian bach change my mind

Sorry but Zenos is a bigger version of Alex Winter circa 1988 and I'll brook no argument otherwise.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've done all of them and I think they're all very good. Melee is one of the best, Merlwyb backstory is cool.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
The armoire should be able to store cash shop glams.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

central dogma posted:

The armoire should be able to store cash shop glams.

no idea why it doesnt' do that already.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How do I get a message to YoshiP, I want to tell him Scholars should be able to glamour their fairies to look like Carbuncles

Now that Alphinaud has traded his book & Carbuncle for laser guns I think it’s only fair player Scholars can share the joy of having a Carbuncle buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I've done all of them and I think they're all very good. Melee is one of the best, Merlwyb backstory is cool.

Yeah I put it second to healer. Sahagin coming in and helping you fight was such a heroic moment. Still hoping that the role quests are introducing us to Scions 2.0.