Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

First, the family that does the rescuing are super OSHA and really look down on regulations and "over thinkers" (eg people with formal education).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Second, the people that have homesteads that are in need of rescue are EXACTLY the kind of people you'd expect to have homesteads in need of rescue.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Second, the people that have homesteads that are in need of rescue are EXACTLY the kind of people you'd expect to have homesteads in need of rescue.

I've seen some of those. The ones that get me but land with all this off the grid talk but didn't check for a drinkable water source.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

donkey salami posted:

I've seen some of those. The ones that get me but land with all this off the grid talk but didn't check for a drinkable water source.

It seems like a simple concept. Can I actually live there? It's a question that needs answering if your moving to an apartment in an urban area, living in a house in a small town and ESPECIALLY is moving to a remote wilderness area in which you have literally no one else to rely on to survive.

And yet this show exists.

:911:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

From the ether Derpies says "happy New Years even to the losers and the haters, but especially to the hardest working best looking 1000 page thread regulars !"

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

MakaVillian posted:

From the ether Derpies says "happy New Years even to the losers and the haters, but especially to the hardest working best looking 1000 page thread regulars !"

look i've never been a religious man, but i believe in my heart of hearts that wherever derpies is now, he's watching over all the posters itt, and that he is almost certainly tuggin.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Prof. Crocodile posted:

look i've never been a religious man, but i believe in my heart of hearts that wherever derpies is now, he's watching over all the posters itt, and that he is almost certainly tuggin.

Taking his time tuggin the new year in

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I think there was a big argument in the newsroom about what the headline should be

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
piss

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

is piggy fiddler clever in some way I'm not seeing? is it a pun that I don't understand because it's so british?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Tip posted:

is piggy fiddler clever in some way I'm not seeing? is it a pun that I don't understand because it's so british?

it means he's rogering the jimjam.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

it means he's rogering the jimjam.

I know what it means, I'm asking if there's any second level to it

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I used to work in news and producers love a lovely pun in a headline, they get so loving excited about them

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Tip posted:

I used to work in news and producers love a lovely pun in a headline, they get so loving excited about them

Good. That should be how journalists spend at least 70% of their time

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
or editors or whoever decides on the headline in one of these Brit mags. the shadow-editor

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Aardvark! posted:

Good. That should be how journalists spend at least 70% of their time

journalists spend 70% of their time standing by the coffee maker loudly complaining about poor people and protesters

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

probably not true at certain places, but you might be surprised to see where it is true

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Tip posted:

journalists spend 70% of their time standing by the coffee maker loudly complaining about poor people and protesters

Sounds like the mod forum

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Just kidding

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm sure at some places they're standing by the matcha bar and complaining about billionaires

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:eyepop:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

A fitting monument to the dogs of the 1000 page thread, the hardest working, most educational, and least pretentious thread on the forums

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Btw, is this a real thing that happened or is this photoshopped?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Btw, is this a real thing that happened or is this photoshopped?

It’s British tabloid journalism, so…. both.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just lol if you’ve never blown your butcher for the best cuts

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

When my butcher says he has beef tip in the back room he winks

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Mine just says he has that pound of USDA Prime I asked for.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I mean, I've never blown another man before, but I guess my butcher could be the first I suppose

What is the etiquette here, is it reasonable to expect a handy along with my choice cuts of meat?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I mean, I've never blown another man before,

How the hell did you get your forums account?!

:mods:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I mean, I've never blown another man before,

how to say you've sucked your own dick without saying you've sucked your own dick

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If you're gonna take meat from the meat man then it's only fair you help him handle his.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I heard we were talkin about blowin dudes??

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

What’s up let’s blow some dudes up in this piece

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Found out that my cousin's house burnt down in that Colorado fire :(

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

watching hackers

I haven't seen it in like twenty years but it was one of tween-to-teen tip's top movies

still holds up so far and goddamn it really captures a moment in the 90s

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

goddamn I had such a crush on angelina jolie in this movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Tip posted:

goddamn I had such a crush on angelina jolie in this movie

That is a woman who I always imagined being extremely sticky and smelly.

Not like in any conceivably good way.