Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Can someone do this lakshmi level 70 msq fight for me these aether spheres suck balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

Honestly they should just make normal raids drop universal tokens directly into everyone's inventory that you can trade one of for accessories, two of for hat/hands/boots, and four of for body/pants

I agree with this in theory but I'm pretty sure the intent is that people run the raids more than one to lessen waiting times.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I agree with this in theory but I'm pretty sure the intent is that people run the raids more than one to lessen waiting times.

Maybe make normal raid roulette worth more level cap currency/add materia tokens if you run it at level cap?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I just hit need on the things I want and if I don't win them I run it again. :shrug:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Harrow posted:

Don’t be ashamed if the tank dies in any pull in Holminster, especially when you’re new to a specific healer. That place is absolutely brutal on both tanks and healers.

It probably didn't help that I was not in full augmented Scaevan, but I thought I'd try it. I just felt bad after the second pull also went sideways almost immediately. I blew through my instants and couldn't keep pace with my GCD heals/shields.

What I may end up doing is trying out some lower-level dungeons to get used to the kit more gradually. Dungeon healing is pretty stressful, I find, because those big packs can really punish you, but I want to be flexible with what I can do and I wanted to try the new hotness. Sage fits in with the aesthetic I have for my character, if that makes sense. It's techy, like MCH and GNB.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sage also lacks a lot of its most critical tools for the 71-80 stretch. Without Panhaima, you have to rotate between Haima and Soteria, and Soteria just can't cut the mustard in the same way that Panhaima can on pulls. You also don't get Enhanced Kerachole until 78, so the tank's going to be missing a 15s stretch of 10% DR, which adds up when they've got ten things hitting them. It's a harrowing time if you aren't an experienced healer already, especially with the wild variations in quality you can get for tanks/DPS in the average leveling roulette.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 1, 2022

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Holminster is just spicy, especially if they decide to big pull the first and second legs. Sage can also have a bit of a rough time managing that amount of incoming damage at that level because a lot of their good tools unlock pretty late.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
i got my sage to 81 without significant issues and im only just now realizing i totally skipped over Soteria when setting up my hotbars

e: this isnt to say that its not a useful skill, it probably is, it's mostly to highlight how easy it is to miss one skill out of two dozen when they all unlock at once and to serve as a cautionary tale.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 1, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Soteria by 311

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Travic posted:

This does call into question something else he spoiled. He said that the reason we're immune to tempering is that Hydaelyn has already tempered us. I though it was because of the Echo which predates Hydaelyn based on what Elidibus said?

Yeah your friend is wrong about this, and an idiot. You have two separate but related superpowers, the Echo, and a magic ward placed on you by Hydaelyn that you know as the Blessing of Light, both of which make your soul more resilient and resistant to corruption and combined make you almost immune to things that damage a soul.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kaubocks posted:

people are advocating waiting like 15-30 seconds for the newbies and people who don't care what they get to blindly roll need on everything. those rolls resolve quick. if you just needed the loot you wanted from the outset, you would have to wait exactly this long for the loot to resolve in the first place anyway. once you see those go through then you need the thing you're after. it reduces the competition pool from like, 7 other people to 3-4 at the cost of basically no time.

nobody is asking people to wait out the five minute loot timer

Heck, I'm not even saying that. I'm saying pass on the stuff you know you're gonna pass on first, by the time you're done with that need the stuff you want. Just make sure if you say "I'm fine winning any of these tokens" you actually are, because nothing's worse than someone whining that they really wanted the chest but the game gave them the boots they rolled on first.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kaubocks posted:

people are advocating waiting like 15-30 seconds for the newbies and people who don't care what they get to blindly roll need on everything. those rolls resolve quick. if you just needed the loot you wanted from the outset, you would have to wait exactly this long for the loot to resolve in the first place anyway. once you see those go through then you need the thing you're after. it reduces the competition pool from like, 7 other people to 3-4 at the cost of basically no time.

nobody is asking people to wait out the five minute loot timer

Yup. That's basically how I do it. I've done the content before so I don't have cutscenes playing, so I wait briefly until cutscene-watchers are able to start needing/passing. Once I see loot being resolved, I need/pass on the one item I want. I don't hold up 7 items. I pick a single item I want and just roll need once I see other items resolving. If there is one person wanting to initiate a standoff, I just need and move on.

Weird analogy, but think about when you're microwaving popcorn. The general instructions are to stop the cooking as soon as popping slows down. They don't tell you wait until all popping stops. They also don't tell you to stop while popping it at the height of frienzy.

That's kinda how I do it. When rolling begins to slow down, I just hit need on the single item I'm looking for.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I just roll need on the thing I want (eg I'm at 3/4 chest tokens). if I don't get it I run the raid again.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

phoinix runs are kinda hateful though. seen a lot more wipes in that one than the others combined.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I end up waiting a bit by default as I fumble in my inventory reminding myself what I even wanted

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i finally got the danger noodle and i love it

i love my big wingaling dragon

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sinteres posted:

I like the theory for 7.0 that since the Scions "disbanded," you'll be doing role quests with them next expansion instead of having them as your core party. I'm still not convinced it'll be that substantial a change, but I guess we'll see as patch content comes out how dramatic a shakeup the end of this story and transition to the next will be. Having fewer than seven trusts to level next expansion would be rad though.

I did like how Y'shtola was all 'yeah all those leads emet gave you? I'm so down and you better call me'

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
She didn't seem particularly more eager to me than the others, just "yo if you come across something particularly tricky I'll be glad to help out". If anything she seemed like she'd prefer to be doing more research if there are no other pressing demands for her expertise.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Vitamean posted:

phoinix runs are kinda hateful though. seen a lot more wipes in that one than the others combined.

I find abilities with important visual tells are almost always dangerous in roulette because people just aren't always paying attention, and experimental fireplume being an out/in tell and not just a left/right tell screws people up still further. the darkened fire aoe limit cut is also a big source of wipes.

also the other day I got suzaku and P3 via roulettes, and had final coil in my catbook. Ran through all three phoenix encounters in like an hour.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Valentin posted:

I find abilities with important visual tells are almost always dangerous in roulette because people just aren't always paying attention, and experimental fireplume being an out/in tell and not just a left/right tell screws people up still further. the darkened fire aoe limit cut is also a big source of wipes.

they made cruise chaser II and the world wasn't ready

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hogama posted:

She didn't seem particularly more eager to me than the others, just "yo if you come across something particularly tricky I'll be glad to help out". If anything she seemed like she'd prefer to be doing more research if there are no other pressing demands for her expertise.

In her round up with everyone else at the waking sands, yeah you're absolutely right. There was some incidental dialogue sometime after emet tells you that stuff where talking to her she seems very keen to join you on the forays though.

Of course, I only went through once, I need to do another run to really have the dialogue in my head so I could be wrong on my impression.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 1, 2022

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Hogama posted:

She just wants to get back to the First so she can see Runar again.

I liked the staredown with Estinien during the goodbyes. Estinien was great this entire expansion.

Kerrzhe posted:

i finally got the danger noodle and i love it

i love my big wingaling dragon

I'd suggest he needs one of those beefy arms for good measure, but it looks like you're packing those.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hell yeah, got DRK to 90. I was planning on doing PLD first, but DRK is just more fun, even if they feel super squishy in EW dungeons. It would be nice if they added a defensive buff to dark arts or a regen to their gauge spenders or something, to be more on par with other tanks. TBN is still great, but you can only use it once every 30 seconds, some of those pulls got real dicey.

The new abilities are great though, I love how the animation for shadowbringer starts off with the dark wave effect from FFIV:

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
Is there an ETA on when this is going to be available for sale again? I finally decide to give in and give it a shot after I see my friends talk non-stop about it for years and they've suspended sales due to server congestion :(

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When eorzea is no longer full

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Morshu posted:

Is there an ETA on when this is going to be available for sale again? I finally decide to give in and give it a shot after I see my friends talk non-stop about it for years and they've suspended sales due to server congestion :(

Maybe in a week or two? It's hard to say, the queues have gotten a lot better lately, but they could get worse again once people get back from christmas vacation.

On the outside, it depends on how fast they can get those new servers up and running, so it may not be for a couple months.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

TGLT posted:

Also, Escape Mechanism, there's a hidden requirement to unlock the full questline for the capstone. Or well, the post-capstone wrap up quests. You'll have to finish the Warring Triad trial series from Heavensward.

Thanks for the heads up. I should be up to date on that content but it's worth checking anyway.

OhFunny posted:

Have you ever watched the FFXIV 1.0 cinematic? You should check it out if not.

I did, but not since starting ShB, so I rewatched it. She's there in the morbol fight! I noticed all the known WoDs before, but never that there was someone else

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think there's no way they aren't selling the game before late January, if nothing else because not selling your game in the first place is kind of a crazy concept. Holidays aside, I bet a lot of people who poopsocked through December (like me) will be cutting back substantially this month, with some subs even lapsing toward the end of the month once a month +21 days passes from when people resubbed to play Endwalker, so hopefully there will be continued queue improvement after the initial 6.05 bump on Tuesday.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
The HW trial series are kinda ultra-easy to miss since they share the quest NPC with a bunch of extreme trials and show up later.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I need that stupid, ugly FATE mount.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Queues are more or less gone now. I'd guess they'll drop 6.05, give it a few days, and assuming everything still looks fine it could be back on sale within a week.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Just did two parties with tpt goons and got 8 clears of 83ex. It’s not too bad once you learn the dance.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/ff14forums_txt/status/1477067230965862402?s=12
My static won't stop asking me to steal the declaration of independence

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Consummate Professional posted:

https://twitter.com/ff14forums_txt/status/1477067230965862402?s=12
My static won't stop asking me to steal the declaration of independence

My static asked me to unplug my grandmother’s life support as an initiation

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

RIP grandma your parses are bad.

(I'm on console and have no idea how any of that works )

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

My static asked me to unplug my grandmother’s life support as an initiation

Statics are demanding that their initiates bump their cars into automobiles, then shoot whoever gets out. Be careful!

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Oxyclean posted:

As Samurai, should you be trying to use Tsubame-gaeshi on Higanbana (the dot Iaijutsu)? It doesn't stack with the normal version, and if I understand correctly, juicing the normal version with Kaiten means the dot will have 45 potency anyways?

Amusingly, using Tsubame-gaeshi on Higanbana is 100% useless 100% of the time. Even on the situation of two strong targets which intuitively seems the time to use it, it is worse than just putting up Higanbana manually and using the Tsubame on direct damage.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Valentin posted:

also the other day I got suzaku and P3 via roulettes, and had final coil in my catbook. Ran through all three phoenix encounters in like an hour.

TIL the tell for Experimental Fireplume is visual. Then again I also didn't notice the visual tell for Dawn Mantle until I saw a reaction video for the fight...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When does the 'week' reset for raid items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Monday night/early tuesday morning American Time