Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Arc Hammer posted:

I would say that the final act of The World's End is as good as Shaun or Hot Fuzz. From the point that Gary runs away from Andy to finish the golden mile the movie gets really, really good as it finally puts a level of desperation and personal stakes into the film that was sorely lacking.

Nope. Gary is a dick. The film's attempted redemption of him (well, for given values of redemption) fall completely flat, and then end up not even mattering because stupid alien cluster gently caress ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
If they are going to remake the movie Running Man not the book , I can see them casting Fishman since he is a big name who can get a big budget greenlit and also can sucker in some clueless Chinese/Middle Eastern investors who haven't watched the original, if such thing is possible.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i love this thread for many reasons but one of them is for showing me trailers to absolutely devastating cringe films. off the top of my head we have the one where gary oldman plays a little person, the one where women give birth to cats (i think), and now knucklehead. ty thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Don’t forget the one where a cop from the past meets a cop from the future

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Oh that one was rancid.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i love this thread for many reasons but one of them is for showing me trailers to absolutely devastating cringe films. off the top of my head we have the one where gary oldman plays a little person, the one where women give birth to cats (i think), and now knucklehead. ty thread

That gary oldman one is the weirdest of the bunch imho. I think maybe because it was presented earnestly.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

got the criterion blu ray with all the rich evans nudes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Scaramouche posted:

Nope. Gary is a dick. The film's attempted redemption of him (well, for given values of redemption) fall completely flat, and then end up not even mattering because stupid alien cluster gently caress ending.

I dont think Gary got redemption in the end. He didn't fix himself and his refusal to fix himself ended up dooming the world into an apocalypse that only he seemed to be enjoying because it let him relapse into the person he wanted to be rather than who he needed to be.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

priznat posted:

Hot Fuzz also put Olivia Colman on my radar and she is just so great in everything too. Doris is loving hilarious.

I have to keep myself from posting youtubes of my fav clips from it because I'd probably never stop.

She is amazing. I've been saying this for years. Really glad that she's in so many things now thanks to, among other things, Lanthimos's movies. A perfect synergy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It pains me to say that Possum feels like a short script (and budget) mercilessly stretched to feature length. The puppet design is cool as gently caress and genuinely creepy (anything with mirrors), some of the shots look great (the black rain in particular) but there’s so little going on. I hope Holness gets loads of money to make stuff forever though, I love him.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Paladinus posted:

She is amazing. I've been saying this for years. Really glad that she's in so many things now thanks to, among other things, Lanthimos's movies. A perfect synergy.

I honestly had to stop watching The Favourite because god she was just so devastating in it. It was doing a number on my spiritual wellbeing or something.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

the 80's killer cockroach movie, the french rip-off of assault on precinct 13, or the jude law period drama?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cubone posted:

the 80's killer cockroach movie, the french rip-off of assault on precinct 13, or the jude law period drama?

Jude Law

My bae

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

KakerMix posted:

That gary oldman one is the weirdest of the bunch imho. I think maybe because it was presented earnestly.

That movie (tiptoes) is a bizarre trainwreck, apparently they cut an hour behind the director's back and he was furious.

I don't think the full version exists but I'd be curious to see it because Peter Dinklage insists it was great.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It pains me to say that Possum feels like a short script (and budget) mercilessly stretched to feature length. The puppet design is cool as gently caress and genuinely creepy (anything with mirrors), some of the shots look great (the black rain in particular) but there’s so little going on. I hope Holness gets loads of money to make stuff forever though, I love him.

I'd say it's one of those 'huh, not what I expected from this guy' type of things. The film's left very little impression on me outside of the general grimy feeling. Maybe I need to watch it in a different mood, but it didn't click with me at all. A tough movie to watch, no matter how you slice it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

you should watch the killer cockroach movie

I don't want to spoil anything but

wait yes I do

ok you don't have to watch the killer cockroach movie now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paladinus posted:

I'd say it's one of those 'huh, not what I expected from this guy' type of things. The film's left very little impression on me outside of the general grimy feeling. Maybe I need to watch it in a different mood, but it didn't click with me at all. A tough movie to watch, no matter how you slice it.

There’s no way it would have gotten made if his name wasn’t on the script. It’s so barebones

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
lol the letterboxd cast page for never been kissed

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKSbBmDIgFw

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Origami Dali posted:

lol the letterboxd cast page for never been kissed

lmao

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Mike Stoklasa (Never Been Kissed, Space Cop)

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Lonely Balloon Loser is my parachute account.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lmao.

Trivia
In the June 2021 episode of the web series Best of the Worst (2013) (Episode 101), comedian and host Mike Stoklasa revealed that he and fellow host Rich Evans were extras in the carnival scene shot at Chicago's Navy Pier. Stoklasa was one of the carnival goers on the chair swing ride while Evans was paired with a stranger walking along the pier. As filming dragged on, Stoklasa was on the ride for two hours and became nauseous from a combination of subpar craft service food and the high speeds of the chair swing ride. Both were scheduled to return the following two days to resume filming, but Stoklasa called the casting director and refused to return.

That's the only bit of trivia about the movie on IMDb.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://twitter.com/HeadlessVtuber/status/1477344280716926976?t=sNQVij1k0SP_D-2T7F5KDg&s=19

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Another important franchise ruined by Disney.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gonna be funny when avatar 3 gets dumped on D+ in 2043

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Hey y'all still got that endless trash?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jose Oquendo posted:

Another important franchise ruined by Disney.

Ice Age has been ruined ever since Ice Age 2. The first movie is the only one worth watching.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

pacerhimself posted:

Hot Fuzz was significantly better on my later rewatches of it.

Hot Fuzz becomes like insanely funny if you live in the plague island like when I first watched I still loved it but it's top tier chef kiss after living here for nearly 3 years.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

God.Fuckin'.Dammit!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Gonna be funny when avatar 3 gets dumped on D+ in 2043

How salty do you think Cameron will be about his opus being direct-to-streaming?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Vinegar Syndrome, now the biggest film company in the world, is going to discover the usb flash drive containing Avatars 3-5 in a dumpster and release them on 16k Lazer disc in 2050.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Avatars 3 - 5 were always going to be online only in the original vision for reasons that will not be clear until James Cameron is drunkenly describing the storyboards for Avatar Seven to a disinterested George Lucas at a mall food court somewhere.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hackers film 1995 posted:

I must highly recommend this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiGxxkPHrEY

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does Mike have dementia or do we have dementia and Mike actually doesn't exist?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mike has to be real I still have the scars on the back of my neck from when he slammed the dumpster lid on me on that fateful February evening.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Mike is all the dementia we made along the way.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The very idea that there are like 7 Avatars is my night terrors

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Galewolf posted:

Hot Fuzz becomes like insanely funny if you live in the plague island like when I first watched I still loved it but it's top tier chef kiss after living here for nearly 3 years.

As an accents nerd I love how it has the west country accent for a lot of the characters. I think Wright grew up in the area. “Check out his arrrrse!” Etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

priznat posted:

As an accents nerd I love how it has the west country accent for a lot of the characters. I think Wright grew up in the area. “Check out his arrrrse!” Etc.

The "Landmoyne" scene is just my life the moment I leave my London bubble