Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Some of these posters are still trying to claim Libya was worth it.

well, it rid us of a—

[USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

CSPAM tankies engaging in ad hominems, I see. Attacking the poster and not their ideas.

90% of that thread is 'check out this left wing person on twitter i disagree with!!'

there was one guy saying he'd heard that chapo trap house were dreaded tankies and he needed help finding the right tweets to finally cancel them

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mila kunis posted:

there was one guy saying he'd heard that chapo trap house were dreaded tankies and he needed help finding the right tweets to finally cancel them

lmfao

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
found it

ishikabibble posted:

I don't want to pollute my search history with it, but does anyone have the tweets from one of the Chapo Trap House guys where they went to bat for a dictator and spoke out against anti-government protestors, talking a bunch of dumb bullshit about like legal authority or something?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lmao

do they even know which "dictator"

was it the lion of damascus????

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
are they thinking of brace belden?? lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
also i never questioned the general western consensus until this article came out last year about the australian PM's speech at the time:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-03/bob-hawke-tiananman-classified-cable/100184916

quote:

The ABC's China, If You're Listening podcast can now reveal for the first time the document that was the source of those details and that the information he was reading was subsequently retracted by officials.

quote:

"I cannot entirely rule out the possibility that we were being fed some sort of a 'line'.

"The whole incident occurred because there was this life and death power struggle going on at the highest levels of the Chinese government.

"[The informant] would, of course, be reflecting the views, and the hopes and the fears of one particular group; the group that lost out.

"So there would be a vested interest in conveying as bad a picture as possible, of what the people on the other side of this power struggle were doing and were responsible for

quote:

But she said that later, after being presented with new information about the event, he came to a realisation that some of the details were incorrect. Although, he did not voice any regrets.

which then got me looking at what the western journalist on the ground were saying at the time

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
e: double post

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

500 good dogs posted:

are they thinking of brace belden?? lol

i think that happened during the cuban protests earlier this year so maybe he'd heard of some half garbled version of them supporting the evil tankie government of cuba

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lostconfused posted:

Huh, didn't know that if you don't believe every single lie you're told means you're a genocide denier.

Well good thing I don't post outside of cspam.

Apparently tiananmen was a genocide now?

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

brugroffil posted:

Yeah, that one had me scratching my head.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

brugroffil posted:

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/89BEIJING18828_a.html

quote:

OF JUNE 3-4 EVENTS ON TIANANMEN SQUARE

1. CONFIDENTIAL - ENTIRE TEXT.

2. SUMMARY DURING A RECENT MEETING, A LATIN AMERICAN DIPLOMAT AND HIS WIFE PROVIDED POLOFF AN ACCOUNT OF THEIR MOVEMENTS ON JUNE 3-4 AND THEIR EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT OF EVENTS AT TIANANMEN SQUARE. ALTHOUGH THEIR ACCOUNT GENERALLY FOLLOWS THOSE PREVIOUSLY REPORTED, THEIR UNIQUE EXPERIENCES PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INSIGHT AND CORROBORATION OF EVENTS IN THE SQUARE. THEY WERE ABLE TO ENTER AND LEAVE THE SQUARE SEVERAL TIMES AND WERE NOT HARASSED BY TROOPS. REMAINING WITH STUDENTS BY THE MONUMENT TO THE PEOPLE'S HEROES UNTIL THE FINAL WITHDRAWAL, THE DIPLOMAT SAID THERE WERE NO MASS SHOOTINGS OF STUDENTS IN THE SQUARE OR AT THE MONUMENT. END SUMMARY.

3. DURING A RECENT MEETING, CHILEAN SECOND SECRETARY CARLOS GALLO AND HIS WIFE (PLEASE PROTECT) PROVIDED POLOFF AN ACCOUNT OF THEIR MOVEMENTS ON JUNE 3-4 AND THEIR EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT OF EVENTS AT TIANANMEN SQUARE. ALTHOUGH THE GALLO'S ACCOUNT GENERALLY FOLLOWS THOSE PREVIOUSLY REPORTED, THEIR UNIQUE EXPERIENCES PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INSIGHT AND CORROBORATION OF EVENTS IN THE SQUARE.

4. GALLO SAID THEIR EVENING BEGAN AROUND 2100 HOURS WHEN THEY FIRST HEARD THAT TROOPS WERE ENTERING THE CITY. THE CHILEAN AMBASSADOR WAS HAVING DINNER AT THE DRAGON SPRING MOVENPICK HOTEL IN FAR WESTERN BEIJING; THE GALLOS WERE DISPATCHED IN THEIR OWN CAR TO ALERT THE AMBASSADOR AND BRING HIM HOME. TAKING A CIRCUITOUS ROUTE NORTH OF THE CITY, THEY DID NOT SEE MUCH EVIDENCE OF THE VIOLENT EVENTS TO COME UNTIL THEY REACHED WESTERN BEIJING ON THE ROAD TO THE MOVENPICK HOTEL. THE ROAD WAS FILLED FIVE ABREAST WITH MILITARY VEHICLES INCLUDING TANKS, APCS, AND TRUCKS FILLED WITH TROOPS HEADING INTO THE CITY. ONCE THE GALLOS IDENTIFIED THEMSELVES AS DIPLOMATS, THE COUPLE WAS ALLOWED TO INCH ALONG THE SHOULDER OF THE ROAD; MRS. GALLO DROVE WHILE HER HUSBAND WALKED AHEAD OF THE CAR ASKING THE MILITARY VEHICLES TO MAKE SOME ROOM FOR THEIR CAR. THEY REACHED THEIR AMBASSADOR AND MADE THEIR WAY BACK TO THEIR EMBASSY IN THE SANLITUN DIPLOMATIC AREA.

5. ANXIOUS TO SEE WHAT WAS HAPPENING IN THE SQUARE, THE GALLOS, AGAIN IN THEIR OWN CAR, DROVE TOWARDS TIANANMEN. ALTHOUGH THEY ENCOUNTERED SEVERAL CIVILIAN MANNED BARRICADES AND PEOPLE WARNED THEM NOT TO GO ANY FURTHER AS THE ARMY WAS COMING, THEY WERE ALLOWED TO PROCEED. THEY EVENTUALLY PARKED THEIR CAR JUST TO THE EAST OF THE MUSEUM OF THE CHINESE REVOLUTION AND WALKED TO THE SQUARE VIA AN ALLEY JUST SOUTH OF THE MUSEUM.

6. THE GALLOS POSITIONED THEMSELVES NEAR THE RED CROSS STATION AT THE FOOT OF THE STEPS TO THE MUSEUM. INITIALLY NOT MUCH WAS HAPPENING IN THE SQUARE AS MOST OF THE FIGHTING WAS TAKING PLACE TO THE WEST. BODIES AND WOUNDED, HOWEVER, BEGAN TO ARRIVE AT THE RED CROSS STATION INDICATING THE EXTENT OF THE FIGHTING AND THE FACT THAT REAL BULLETS WERE BEING USED. AS THE MILITARY BEGAN TO REACH THE OUTSKIRTS OF THE SQUARE AND SHOTS WERE FIRED IN THE VICINITY OF THE RED CROSS STATION, MRS. GALLO DECIDED SHE WANTED TO LEAVE. THE GALLOS MADE THEIR WAY BACK TO THEIR CAR AND DROVE BACK TO THEIR APARTMENT IN SANLITUN. GALLO DROPPED OFF HIS WIFE AND DROVE BACK TO THE SQUARE, AGAIN PARKING EAST OF THE MUSEUM.

7. CONTRARY TO THE EXPERIENCES OF MOST AMERICANS ON THE SQUARE, GALLO SAID THAT HE ESSENTIALLY WAS ALLOWED FREE PASSAGE AROUND THE SQUARE, EVEN WHEN SIGHTED BY TROOPS. HE SAID AT ONE POINT HE WAS STANDING ON THE NORTH SIDE OF CHANGAN JIE, JUST WEST OF THE SQUARE, WHEN HE FOUND HIMSELF TO THE REAR OF TROOPS ENTERING THE SQUARE FROM THE WEST. HE SAID ALTHOUGH HE WAS SEEN, THE TROOPS PAID NO ATTENTION TO HIM AND HE EVENTUALLY PASSED BACK AND FORTH ACROSS TROOP LINES A COUPLE OF TIMES. ANOTHER CHILEAN DIPLOMAT WHO STAYED AROUND XINHUAMEN AT ZHONGNANHAI HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE. GALLO GUESSED THAT SINCE MOST OF THE TROOPS WERE FROM THE PROVINCES AND DID NOT USUALLY DEAL WITH FOREIGNERS, THEY FOLLOWED THE GENERAL PRACTICE OF LEAVING FOREIGNERS ALONE. HE ALSO NOTED THAT HE WAS NOT CARRYING A CAMERA.

8. GALLO EVENTUALLY ENDED UP AT THE RED CROSS STATION, AGAIN HOPING THAT TROOPS WOULD NOT FIRE ON THE MEDICAL PERSONNEL THERE. HE WATCHED THE MILITARY ENTER THE SQUARE AND DID NOT OBSERVE ANY MASS FIRING OF WEAPONS INTO THE CROWDS, ALTHOUGH SPORADIC GUNFIRE WAS HEARD. HE SAID THAT MOST OF THE TROOPS WHICH ENTERED THE SQUARE WERE ACTUALLY ARMED ONLY WITH ANTI-RIOT GEAR--TRUNCHEONS AND WOODEN CLUBS; THEY WERE BACKED UP BY ARMED SOLDIERS. AS THE MILITARY CONSOLIDATED ITS CONTROL OF THE SQUARE'S PERIMETER, STUDENTS AND CIVILIANS GATHERED AROUND THE MONUMENT TO THE PEOPLE'S HEROES. GALLO SAID WOUNDED, INCLUDING SOME SOLDIERS, CONTINUED TO BE BROUGHT TO THE RED CROSS STATION.

9. THE TROOPS BEGAN A SLOW ORDERLY APPROACH TO THE MONUMENT FROM THE NORTH WITH SOLDIERS ON FOOT PRECEEDING APCS. FROM WHAT HE COULD SEE, GALLO FELT THAT MOST OF THE TENTS ON THE SQUARE WERE EMPTY WHEN THE ARMORED VEHICLES ROLLED OVER THEM. THE FIRST LINE OF TROOPS TO REACH THE MONUMENT AREA, PASSED BY THE RED CROSS STATION AND IGNORED THE MEDICAL PERSONNEL AND WOUNDED. AS A SECOND LINE OF TROOPS APPROACHED, THEY CIRCLED THE RED CROSS STATION AND BEGAN YELLING AND THROWING STICKS AND DEBRIS OVER THE HEADS OF THE PEOPLE AT THE STATION. THE MEDICAL PERSONNEL PANICKED AND FLED, LEAVING BEHIND THE WOUNDED. MOST PEOPLE, INCLUDING GALLO, FLED TO THE MONUMENT AREA WHERE THE STUDENTS WERE GATHERED.

10. ALTHOUGH GUNFIRE COULD BE HEARD, GALLO SAID THAT APART FROM SOME BEATING OF STUDENTS, THERE WAS NO MASS FIRING INTO THE CROWD OF STUDENTS AT THE MONUMENT. WHEN POLOFF MENTIONED SOME REPORTEDLY EYEWITNESS ACCOUNTS OF MASSACRES AT THE MONUMENT WITH AUTOMATIC WEAPONS, GALLO SAID THAT THERE WAS NO SUCH SLAUGHTER. ONCE AGREEMENT WAS REACHED FOR THE STUDENTS TO WITHDRAW, LINKING HANDS TO FORM A COLUMN, THE STUDENTS LEFT THE SQUARE THROUGH THE SOUTHEAST CORNER. ESSENTIALLY EVERYONE, INCLUDING GALLO, LEFT. THE FEW THAT ATTEMPTED TO REMAIN BEHIND WERE BEATEN AND DRIVEN TO JOIN THE END OF THE DEPARTING PROCESSION. ONCE OUTSIDE THE SQUARE, THE STUDENTS HEADED WEST ON QIANMEN DAJIE WHILE GALLO HEADED EAST TO HIS CAR. THEREFORE, HE COULD NOT COMMENT ON REPORTS THAT STUDENTS WERE AMBUSHED AND SLAUGHTERED IN THE ALLEY JUST WEST OF THE SQUARE NEAR THE BEIJING CONCERT HALL.

11. LATER THE MORNING OF JUNE 4, GALLO AND HIS WIFE MADE THEIR WAY BACK TO THE SQUARE, AGAIN VIA THE ALLEY TO THE SOUTH OF THE MUSEUM OF THE REVOLUTION. HE SAID THAT FOR NO APPARENT REASON THAT ALLEY WAS THE ONLY ONE NOT SEALED OFF. FROM THE ALLEY THEY SAW TROOPS CLEARING THE SQUARE PILING UP LARGE PLASTIC BAGS AND DRAGGING THEM TO HELICOPTERS. THEY COULD NOT COMMENT ON WHETHER THE BAGS CONTAINED REFUSE OR BODIES. AT THE TIME, THEY SAID, THEY COULD NOT IMAGINE THE BAGS CONTAINED BODIES AND HAD ASSUMED IT WAS GARBAGE. ALTHOUGH HE DID NOT ACTUALLY WITNESS ANY LARGE SCALE SHOOTINGS ON THE SQUARE PROPER, GALLO SAW MANY CASUALTIES BROUGHT INTO THE SQUARE AND DID NOT DOUBT THAT HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE IN BEIJING WERE KILLED BY THE ARMY ON JUNE 3 AND 4. HE SAID THAT A SPANISH TELEVISION CREW MIGHT HAVE FOOTAGE OF THE REPORTED MASSACRE AT THE BEIJING CONCERT HALL AND THAT THE SPANISH AMBASSADOR WOULD BE HOLDING A SCREENING FOR OTHER AMBASSADORS WHEN HE RECEIVED A GOOD COPY. APPARENTLY AN EARLIER VERSION OF THE TAPE HAD BEEN BADLY BUTCHERED BY EDITORS IN SPAIN WHO HAD SPLICED TOGETHER PIECES OF THE VIDEO IN THE WRONG SEQUENCE.

LILLEY

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
truly cannot be said enough the 'rights' that inspired that were literally the rights to break into African students' rooms and beat them because someone said their cousin's sister's dog walker said an African person raped a Chinese person once.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

another tankie posting pro russia propaganda websites

one day the work of media crit will be done

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It keeps happening.

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1477363684766801922?s=20

literally just asking questions in the tweet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Is Bandera a hero or a villain? A controversial topic I'm afraid to say. Perhaps we could name another street after him to split the difference.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

that poo poo rocks and if you haven't seen it you should get high and watch soviet pooh on YouTube

just watched ep1 of that poo poo. lmao

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

We can finally buy the Soviet version of winnie the pooh on dvd from a wal mart bin.

https://youtu.be/BVwypiLatbo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lens needs more vaseline

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo this rules

i bet they didn't skip tom bombadil

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

i say swears online posted:

holy poo poo this rules

i bet they didn't skip tom bombadil

They do not.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1477471987123511297?s=20

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

effectively

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

North Korea won't end the war until US forces leave the peninsula. Effectively this is just a measure to make them look unreasonable.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea they've done this game before, I assume the president needs some good headlines? It's just more 'South Korea is totally fine ending the war and of course leaving the US troops in place' that will be met with North Korea remaining firm on 'no, occupying troops have to leave' and it'll just be 'WOW THOSE drat NORTH KOREANS RUINED OUR PEACE DEAL'.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It would be pretty funny if they signed it and then totally shut out the US from actual talks between north and south korea

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

hello pyf. please continue to wildly and incorrectly speculate on the details of my life despite not being a mod or admin of this site for two and a half years.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i hate that motherfucker for being a spinning top of doom in one of the lotr rts

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

brugroffil posted:

I didn't think I'd see worse than the dnd or gbs thread, but then I was made aware of the pyf thread

I have a feeling it's literally a core of the same posters except they get to use the dogwhistles at full volume in the PYF one.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
SK reactionaries are something else

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/01/world/asia/south-korea-men-anti-feminists.html

SEOUL — They have shown up whenever women rallied against sexual violence and gender biases in South Korea. Dozens of young men, mostly dressed in black, taunted the protesters, squealing and chanting, “Thud! Thud!” to imitate the noise they said the “ugly feminist pigs” made when they walked.

“Out with man haters!” they shouted. “Feminism is a mental illness!”

“We don’t hate women, and we don’t oppose elevating their rights,” said Bae In-kyu, 31, the head of Man on Solidarity, one of the country’s most active anti-feminist groups. “But feminists are a social evil."

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Worry not. I am at peace no matter what happens.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

is Kaliningrad technically a settler colony

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

is Kaliningrad technically a settler colony

idk but whoever said the soviets were the only good guys in wwii well, no. no they were not

edit: not the only good guys.

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
lol you poo poo heads, those poor liberals and/or Nazi pals were just sharing memes from their favorite CNN / MSNBC / FOX sites and you had to ruin it all by posting their post history of being a sexpests. God drat Tankies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Unsurprising the thread that supports Nazis because they're anti communism also sees a dude's overt paedophilia as a small issue as long as he's anti communism

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
it's almost as if liberals/anticommunists/fascists are as a rule complete pieces of poo poo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"I don't need to be lectured by a pedo"

"user was banned foe this post"

"that's dumb his rap sheet literally involves pedo stuff"

"make a qcs thread then"

"the qcs thread is closed"

Guys I think there may be a breakdown in the system, oh well I'm sure the tankies did this

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

only qcs knows how to turn anime jack off goon into angry whining

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
lol fmd Jeffrey is such a lazy oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
lol weren't a bunch of idiots banned for that stupid fuckin' chipmunks pic? I guess describing about getting horney about an underage cartoon character is a-ok.