Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Was it the Queen or Thatcher who enabled Rupert Murdoch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Dias posted:

Monarchy sucks and Queen Elizabeth has done some ghoulish poo poo in her reign too, tbf.

Yes but you don’t have to get creepy about disliking the monarchy, is my point.

I admittedly also have a hard time separating her from my mental image of a cute old grandma/great-grandma visually so like I get it in terms of the royal family sucking but also I’m pretty sure you don’t have to talk about weird fantasies of them all dying at the same time in a yacht accident.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 2, 2022

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mean, frankly if Brazil did the same thing France did when they had the chance to oust their monarchs we would've been better off, and what they did was cut everyone's heads off, so I can't muster much energy to condemn Pat there.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Lord_Magmar posted:

I admittedly also have a hard time separating her from my mental image of a cute old grandma/great-grandma visually so like I get it in terms of the royal family sucking but also I’m pretty sure you don’t have to talk about weird fantasies of them all dying at the same time in a yacht accident.

bootlicker spotted

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Ryaomon posted:

bootlicker spotted

Cool, I’d have the same reaction for just about anyone having weird mass murder fantasies about anyone. I don’t particularly enjoy hearing weird murder fantasies how is that bootlicking.

I don’t even particularly like most of the royal family, I just think Pat’s royal family thing is really creepy whenever he talks about it.

Frankly I’m pretty sure they won’t be my royal family much longer, as I suspect Australia will get an upswing of anti-royal sentiment when the Queen dies and I’m not opposed to that.

Provided we don’t end up in the situation America has.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I dunno what Pat said specifically but it's just that this discourse veers close to QCS concern trolling when someone says "god I wish this right-wing fucker died"' on an Enemy Forum. Dude got hyperbolic over way less important poo poo in the past too, let's be honest, hehe.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

you dont have to hope the queen dies, she WILL die. it is inevitable.

you can hope that she dies soon, though

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Dias posted:

I dunno what Pat said specifically but it's just that this discourse veers close to QCS concern trolling when someone says "god I wish this right-wing fucker died"' on an Enemy Forum. Dude got hyperbolic over way less important poo poo in the past too, let's be honest, hehe.

If it was I hope the Queen dies soon I’d be way less annoyed because like, sure whatever.

The analogy is more like I want this right wing fucker to die in this specific way and also his brothers sisters sons daughters cats dog fish and maybe their hamsters too, in this specific scenario that makes me super happy to imagine.

Which Pat directly said.

Thankfully Woolie’s half of the conversation was a much more funny scenario of the Royal family fighting over the crown Game of Thrones style.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pat's had many wrong opionions that he's ranted off for way too long.

Joy over the deepfake queen's death is not one of them.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Just saw the first 2 minutes of King Ralph and you guys call this a comedy?!?!?!

Indecisive posted:

you dont have to hope the queen dies, she WILL die. it is inevitable.

you can hope that she dies soon, though

Don't worry she's definitely already dead.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lord_Magmar posted:

If it was I hope the Queen dies soon I’d be way less annoyed because like, sure whatever.

The analogy is more like I want this right wing fucker to die in this specific way and also his brothers sisters sons daughters cats dog fish and maybe their hamsters too, in this specific scenario that makes me super happy to imagine.

Which Pat directly said.

Thankfully Woolie’s half of the conversation was a much more funny scenario of the Royal family fighting over the crown Game of Thrones style.

I get ya, but it IS on brand for Pat. I dunno how Canadians are impacted by the Royal Family too.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dias posted:

I dunno how Canadians are impacted by the Royal Family too.

Stupidly.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lord_Magmar posted:

Honestly the Matrix discussion was at least less obnoxious than hearing Pat talk about how much he wants the royal family of England to all die and his childlike glee at the Queen potentially dying soon.

That was straight up ghoulish and he even recognised it as such before doing it.

No that's normal. The faster you get rid of the inbred nightmare family the better.

You should not tone police people rightfully hating the aristocracy, especially the ones with the known pedophiles. You shouldn't honestly be happy they die, because if she does die she's like 900 years old. She won. But being gleeful about it is at least squeezing some blood from the rock of satisfaction in this age of constantly aching pressure and pain and so it's human and understandable.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 2, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

That doesn't just go for the British or born aristocrats. If Elon Musk had the misfortune to ride in one of his own cars or be walking down the same street as someone trying them out it would be normal to think that's funny.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

It’s not tone policing to say I found it uncomfortable to hear Pat’s weird fantasy of death by drowning for the entire royal family (which includes children last I checked).

He literally admitted it was Ghoulish the way he was acting and I wasn’t enjoying his half of the discussion because it was weird and creepy to me. Notably Woolie’s Game of Thrones infighting thing was much funnier because it was like, an actual joke instead of whatever Pat was doing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That doesn't just go for the British or born aristocrats. If Elon Musk had the misfortune to ride in one of his own cars or be walking down the same street as someone trying them out it would be normal to think that's funny.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

He never followed up on that sentence, he just tossed it out there and moved on which felt like a cop out.

Woolie has never been a fan of thinking about the themes of things.

This is the guy who said that the Get Out family wasn't actually racist because the grandparents were, after all, black.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Rody One Half posted:

Woolie has never been a fan of thinking about the themes of things.

This is the guy who said that the Get Out family wasn't actually racist because the grandparents were, after all, black.

Was this like, legit Woolie quotes or him doing the usual jokes about racism thing, like the N-Pass +.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

It’s not tone policing to say I found it uncomfortable to hear Pat’s weird fantasy of death by drowning for the entire royal family (which includes children last I checked).

It is.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

e: lovely post

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 2, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well I for one was more upset about Pat's rant about how upset the rollback/virtua fighter stuff made him, where he repeated his feelings like 3 or 4 times in a row the exact same way for like 10 minutes. Woolie's patience is vast.

Comparatively, Pat was brief and well spoken in his relishing in the eventual death of the queen. The queen speech.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Well I for one was more upset about Pat's rant about how upset the rollback/virtua fighter stuff made him, where he repeated his feelings like 3 or 4 times in a row the exact same way for like 10 minutes. Woolie's patience is vast.

Comparatively, Pat was brief and well spoken in his relishing in the eventual death of the queen. The queen speech.

I mean part of the reason he did that is Woolie questioning and probing the idea trying to understand it. It's less Woolie's patience and more this weird thing called a conversation.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I mean part of the reason he did that is Woolie questioning and probing the idea trying to understand it. It's less Woolie's patience and more this weird thing called a conversation.

Patrick Boivin, in a conversation? hosed up if true.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Lord_Magmar posted:

That would be funny, tho

Musk get trapped in his RGB enabled death tunnel challenge any%

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Man it's going to suck when it turns out the queen's alive.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Was this like, legit Woolie quotes or him doing the usual jokes about racism thing, like the N-Pass +.

This was legit.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That's great and all but when I'm listening to the audio podcast and he has to wheel around and say it again, again, eventually I've just gotta skip the segment.

Probably comes across better if I'm watching the video, but I was navigating highway traffic at the time and that didn't seem the best time to give it a watch.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Lord_Magmar posted:

Honestly the Matrix discussion was at least less obnoxious than hearing Pat talk about how much he wants the royal family of England to all die and his childlike glee at the Queen potentially dying soon.

That was straight up ghoulish and he even recognised it as such before doing it.

The Royals include Prince Andrew, the sex pest who is the Queen's favourite son, gently caress them all and I hope they do die.

I'm British so am entitled to say this.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I hope the queen falls into the thames.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Harry seems alright, his lot can stay. The rest are a write off.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dabir posted:

Harry seems alright, his lot can stay. The rest are a write off.

No he wants to be American, and as an American no one should want that. Into the pit with him.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No he wants to be American, and as an American no one should want that. Into the pit with him.

Cut him some slack, his alternative is being British.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dabir posted:

Cut him some slack, his alternative is being British.

He should defect to one of the other kingdoms and aid them in walling in all of London.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rody One Half posted:

It's times like that I remember that on stream Woolie took a deep breath of battery acid fumes.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Making a joke about the queen dying isn't funny. The second she dies, England will crumble and sink into the ocean, and that would be terrible!

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Down with the current monarchy

Make me the king instead it'll be good I swear

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Big Scary Owl posted:

Down with the current monarchy

Make me the king instead it'll be good I swear
Be prepared to absolutely hold no power at all.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Ah poo poo :sigh:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the actual people in control of the English government will keep running the country into the ground there's no real reason to give a shot about the queen dying except for the lolz I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Grouchio posted:

This is immensely incorrect.