Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Jack B Nimble posted:

The MCP is not a mod, it's a stand alone executable and You Need It, I don't care how light your mod list is. I'm not exaggerating, unless you intend to have game breaking bugs for ... nostalgia?, you need it.

Edit: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/19510

Based on patch notes, I had to use a slightly earlier save from about 4 in game days prior. I'm not sure what my character did during that timeframe, but I can always do it again if need be.

Initial testing of this seems to have worked! I jacked my INT up to just shy of 30k, made a few fort health potions, downed them, and slept a few days until the effects wore off.

Thank you all for your help. Mas Ah Mune beat his addiction thanks to you goons, and has a bright future ahead of him. Back to enchanting ridiculous weapons and items, and leaving them scattered in his wake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Grevlek posted:

Based on patch notes, I had to use a slightly earlier save from about 4 in game days prior. I'm not sure what my character did during that timeframe, but I can always do it again if need be.

Initial testing of this seems to have worked! I jacked my INT up to just shy of 30k, made a few fort health potions, downed them, and slept a few days until the effects wore off.

Thank you all for your help. Mas Ah Mune beat his addiction thanks to you goons, and has a bright future ahead of him. Back to enchanting ridiculous weapons and items, and leaving them scattered in his wake.

It ain't Morrowind if you don't have a house with enough weaponry and armour to outfit an entire legion.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It ain't Morrowind if you don't have a house with enough weaponry and armour to outfit an entire legion.

pfft, like the legion could even properly use half the stuff I have. Those idiots are still out there trying to look cool by solving riddles with the answer book open.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
In a lot of ways I infinitely prefer decorating my house in Morrowind to its sequels because I never have to worry about the physics going ballistic or the cell resetting or ruining your display because you brushed up against something by a micron. Plus you could make any place your house without mods.
Speaking of which what’s your favorite non-standard house? So no strongholds or Balmora permanent corpse murder manors or mods. I always loved the house where you kill the crazy mage in Godsreach.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i always killed the alcoholic in Caldera and moved in, because he was right next to the mages guild for easy transport

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i always killed the alcoholic in Caldera and moved in, because he was right next to the mages guild for easy transport

Which one? I always took out the Orc lady with the dodgy note about debt collection

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this guy, he's in the lefthand doorway when you leave the caldera guild

he is also being harrassed by some very stupid orcs, including the one you killed, so tbh you're doing him a favour by murdering him

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

my move for my house in morrowind at least on the console version and before I started modding the poo poo out of the PC version was the one house with the dead guy in Balmorra (Ralen Hlaalo?). House was big, nice, free to decorate and his body was infinite storage and never disppeared. I always dropped bottles of alcohol near him so it just looked like he was passed out drunk lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I become patriarch of the temple and then get that guy in aldruhn to donate his home to the temple

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I once checked pretty much every house in the game including all the vivec apartments and all I have to say is Vvardenfell residents are a bunch of goddamn weirdos and that I want to party with the shirtless woodelf in Ald-Ruhn.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Babe Magnet posted:

my move for my house in morrowind at least on the console version and before I started modding the poo poo out of the PC version was the one house with the dead guy in Balmorra (Ralen Hlaalo?). House was big, nice, free to decorate and his body was infinite storage and never disppeared. I always dropped bottles of alcohol near him so it just looked like he was passed out drunk lol

galagazombie posted:

Speaking of which what’s your favorite non-standard house? So no strongholds or Balmora permanent corpse murder manors or mods. I always loved the house where you kill the crazy mage in Godsreach.

Anyway myself I like Foryn Gilnith's shack, I usually decorate it with furniture from Morrowind Crafting.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

galagazombie posted:

In a lot of ways I infinitely prefer decorating my house in Morrowind to its sequels because I never have to worry about the physics going ballistic or the cell resetting or ruining your display because you brushed up against something by a micron. Plus you could make any place your house without mods.

Relevant: https://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic/situational-gravity

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Private Speech posted:

Anyway myself I like Foryn Gilnith's shack, I usually decorate it with furniture from Morrowind Crafting.

This is where I save/rest/wait at the start of every new game to get the DB attack out of the way. I set game to easy, rest/wait until he spawns, murder, sell armor, report crime to remove journal entry. Then I continue with the adventure normally.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

galagazombie posted:

Arkngthand, the dwemer ruin you get sent to early in the main quest is a favorite of mine. Aside from the locked depths, none of the enemies respawn. Close enough to Balmora and the imperial fort

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Gobblecoque posted:

Arkngthand, the dwemer ruin you get sent to early in the main quest is a favorite of mine. Aside from the locked depths, none of the enemies respawn. Close enough to Balmora and the imperial fort

Points for megalomania, too.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the dagon fel dwemer tower. i love dagon fel, its like vvardenfell seattle

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I love the caves along the grasslands just north of Zafirbel Bay. I think it's Nammu that has the huge wooden balcony at the top with a cot, table, and dresser? One of my favorite Telvanni wizards lived there.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Honestly is there any ring with more value than an early ring of toxic cloud?
That thing is a monster.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lawman 0 posted:

That thing is a monster.

Theres a fireball ring that does nearly as much damage I think lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

galagazombie posted:

I'm going to ruin my rep here with the basic 2003 answer, but Nerano Manor using the corpse for storage is all I've ever needed

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Lawman 0 posted:

That thing is a monster.

Having accidentally started a character with no skills related to opening locks, I'm a pretty big fan of open 50pts on touch

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Private Speech posted:

I didn't see the original post, I was just trying to contribute to the conversation, my bad I'm sorry

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Having accidentally started a character with no skills related to opening locks, I'm a pretty big fan of open 50pts on touch

:hmmyes: good point.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

mbt posted:

Theres a fireball ring that does nearly as much damage I think lol

Poison's still way better because far fewer things resist it compared to fire.

Actually I just looked it up and I'm completely wrong.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 2, 2022

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

galagazombie posted:

When I go on a kill spree in Oblivion, I enjoy watching the house destroy itself with ragdoll physics and bid explosions. It makes me feel powerful.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Poison's still way better because far fewer things resist it compared to fire.

Actually I just looked it up and I'm completely wrong.

90% of the npcs are dark elves though who have 75% resist fire.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

I didn't see the original post, I was just trying to contribute to the conversation, my bad I'm sorry

this is the end of you, s'wit

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugFByi2Do4U

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Enemies that resist poison:
-Undead
-Argonians
-?????

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Enemies that resist poison:
-Undead
-Argonians
-?????

Most creatures resist or are immune to poison. Undead also have 100% immunity. Not saying the poison ring isnt busted thoug

The fire ring also melts high elves and undead who are weak to fire

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

It owns how terrible high elves are in morrowind especially coming off Daggerfall where they were basically walking gods who could face tank ancient vampires.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lawman 0 posted:

It owns how terrible high elves are in morrowind especially coming off Daggerfall where they were basically walking gods who could face tank ancient vampires.

Being the only way to plausibly play a destruction mage without carrying 50 pounds of magicka potions isn't bad.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't played around with mods since several versions of windows ago and the new windows is a complex maze. 7zip is a pain in the rear end since I no longer know where anything is. But that's my problem. What I'm struggling with is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mcp.py", line 621, in <module>
File "mcp.py", line 272, in __init__
File "mcp.py", line 311, in merge_defaults
File "mcp.py", line 301, in get_default_install
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'mcpatch/default'

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

You dont have an mcppatch folder from which the mcp executable can patch your exe

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

this is the end of you, s'wit

S'wit is a slur, please use the N'wah.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

wait a minute: big nice house, body weirdly resistant to decay...has anyone made a mod with a Weekend At Bernie's quest chain to make the player's occupation of Hlallo manor more interesting? i guess the problem is scripting "moving" the body around, and maybe writing funny conversations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I got a modpack working that let's you just buy it... for 50k drakes.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What do I have to do to get the multiplayer mod working? Assume I haven't modded this game since 2005

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

GorfZaplen posted:

What do I have to do to get the multiplayer mod working? Assume I haven't modded this game since 2005

It's an openmw fork, not a mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I dunno if Stuporstar is still around but Uvirith's Legacy is AMAZING thank you so much it is a ton of fun (even if i got stuck in a prison cell in the vaults that I didn't know the passcode to get out of, nor could I even COC out of, so I had to reload)