Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Honestly it's exciting to see how far she's come but some days I would push the button to get Bad at Wrestling, Good at Twitter Maki Itoh back in a hearbeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Rarity posted:

a few who are actively repellent (hi Pom)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
pom is a wild freak and i like it when she goes nuts

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the pom defenders are logging on.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
pom is good its you who have the incorrect definition of 'good'

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
see that a hundred percent checks out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

karmicknight posted:

the pom defenders are logging on.

Log on all you want cowards you'll still be wrong

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I like one (1) clown and I refuse to pom de justify myself to you people.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I ended up with an Asuka shirt today because I was waiting for Nanae to come out for her meet and greet and Makoto shouted "hey you buy an Asuka shirt" at me so I did. It was only ¥1000

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
3039 for Stardom Sumo Hall
680 for SEAdLINNNG Korakuen Hall.

Pretty good day for Joshi wrestling

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Wow, I did not recognize Yoshiko before reading the caption:

https://twitter.com/vharuto1219/status/1476145165341708294

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Johnny Landmine posted:

Wow, I did not recognize Yoshiko before reading the caption:

https://twitter.com/vharuto1219/status/1476145165341708294

she's got a new shape! its a good shape!

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Hope she meant to lose all that weight

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

She looks like Nanae Jr

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1476630012493242373

:black101: BIG KAIJU :black101:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tokyo Sports are reporting that CyberFight are pretty strongly pursuing Maya Yukihi either for DDT or TJPW. TJPW could really use a talent on her level.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Tokyo Sports are reporting that CyberFight are pretty strongly pursuing Maya Yukihi either for DDT or TJPW. TJPW could really use a talent on her level.

I will be absolutely mad if they split up Azure Revolution. Don't do it Takagi.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1476464067003183104

The 47,405 kinds puts things in perspective as there have been NJPW Dome shows with higher attendance.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Maya Yuhkihi vs Miyu Yamashita......yeah I'd tune in for that show.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

forkboy84 posted:

I will be absolutely mad if they split up Azure Revolution. Don't do it Takagi.

You might want to run this by Risa Sera first

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

You might want to run this by Risa Sera first

See, this is me finding out for the first time that Yukihi isn't actually part of Prominence, which shows how much attention I paid a month ago when the news dropped they were all leaving Ice Ribbon.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Hmm TJPW does need a BIG HAT...

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Numero6 posted:

Hmm TJPW does need a BIG HAT...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

So elegant and sophisticated

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/GPU_COLORS/status/1477082471451996163?t=2J0kpgLZVzpRrRIF724z0g&s=19

First Color's show main event and I guess we can officially say that Hotta had issues with AWG management and not the talent.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/GPU_COLORS/status/1477082471451996163

First matches from the first show of the Color's unit announced. They also announced a list of wrestlers that'll work the show: freelance ex-AWG wrestlers Miyuki Takase, Kakeru Sekiguchi. Sakuran Bonita and Yuna Manase, Momo Tani (also ex-AWG) and Rydeen Hagane from PURE-J, Yuna Mizumori from Gatoh Move, Bambi from 2AW, Sakura Hirota from WAVE and freelancers Hibiscus Mii, Momoka Hanazono and Makoto.

What's notable is Yumiko Hotta and Riko Kawahata being on the show: Hotta left AWG in August 2020 under some controversy and then Kawahata left right afterwards and ended up affiliated with her which caused an issue with AWG until it came out that she actually wasn't on a written contract but a verbal thing so they couldn't prove anything. The fact that she's on a show with this group of people would suggest that any issues on the AWG side were with management and not with the wrestlers which is probably a very good sign when it comes to this ex-AWG group working promotions that work with Hotta (currently SEAdLINNNG and Marvelous: the former booked Miyuki Takase on every show until they started working with Hotta).

We also have our final confirmed movements of the ex-AWG roster: Miku Aono, Mari, Ayano Irie and Misa Matsui are remaining with AWG while everyone else is leaving. Ayumi Hayashi has announced that she has retired to focus on a childcare career while Mii has said that she'll probably not wrestle again. Momo Tani is the only person to actually sign with another promotion (PURE-J); there's a core group that'll work the new GPU Color's shows (SAKI, Hikari Shimizu, Yuko Sakurai and Rina Amikura although the latter is not working the first show because of a prior commitment) and everyone else is freelance or have yet to announce their intentions. AWG has said that they'll do shows that are both pro wrestling but also not pro wrestling at the same time: who on earth knows what that means - they've also said that no one signed to them can work outside dates anymore which is why a lot of people have left and why the people that have remained are notable.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Stardom Dream Queendom was a great show, obviously Utami vs Syuri is as much a must watch as anything in 2021 wrestling, but Giulia vs Konami & Tam Tall Saya are also very good, Hazuki & Momo vs Mayu & Iroha is good but the heel Momo did get in the way of the match a bit. That said, Momo looks like a surly teenage goth kid now which is very funny even if I'm still unsure why exactly she turned.

High Speed & Artist Title matches are both real good too. Definitely recommend it. But especially the main event which is in the discussion for best women's match of the year with Rina Suzu, Arisa Nanae & Iroha Syuri for me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Watching as much of the SEAdLINNNG show as I can before ZERO1 & I get the rules of High Speed matches but I am unsure I could explain them to someone in a way that didn't sound insane.

"So you need to rebound off the ropes before a pinfall, unless it's a roll up or similar snap pinfall. And the 3 counts are done hyper-fast. Oh and the ref just starts dropkicking the competitors & poo poo whenever she fancies it."

I kind of love it but it is loving nonsense.

And the hardcam on this show looks terrible. The white balance is utter dogshit, in a way that makes me nostalgic for 2004 ROH DVD.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 1, 2022

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Stardom Dream Queendom was a great show, obviously Utami vs Syuri is as much a must watch as anything in 2021 wrestling, but Giulia vs Konami & Tam Tall Saya are also very good, Hazuki & Momo vs Mayu & Iroha is good but the heel Momo did get in the way of the match a bit. That said, Momo looks like a surly teenage goth kid now which is very funny even if I'm still unsure why exactly she turned.

High Speed & Artist Title matches are both real good too. Definitely recommend it. But especially the main event which is in the discussion for best women's match of the year with Rina Suzu, Arisa Nanae & Iroha Syuri for me.

Thought it was the best Stardom show of the year. Everything delivered for me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/HighspotsWN/status/1477328482698936326

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1477617222617300993/photo/1

Stardom is livestreaming tomorrow's show on YouTube so you'll be able to see the momo's unmask live. Funny enough they're in the same arena as their last livestream.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm excited about tomorrow's show, but it's not French enough...

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Can someone give me a rundown of what's going on in Stardom right now? Last show I watched was the blowoff to a big Watanabe/Starlight kid feud where Watanabe turned on her own stable and there's a bunch of people running around in creepy masks from a youtube copypasta and that's the extent of my knowledge

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm excited about tomorrow's show, but it's not French enough...

If only there was someone who could provide glamour and style :sigh:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
https://twitter.com/misao_tjp/status/1477677866397892609

Happy birthday to Hyper Misao and congratulations on becoming 29 years old in perpetuity.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

https://twitter.com/misao_tjp/status/1477677866397892609

Happy birthday to Hyper Misao and congratulations on becoming 29 years old in perpetuity.

Doesn't Miyacoco do this bit too? Except I think hers is turning 20 every year.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Miyacoco lies about her age but to my knowledge she's never released a formal statement announcing her intention to do so

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Tampa Bae posted:

Can someone give me a rundown of what's going on in Stardom right now? Last show I watched was the blowoff to a big Watanabe/Starlight kid feud where Watanabe turned on her own stable and there's a bunch of people running around in creepy masks from a youtube copypasta and that's the extent of my knowledge

I'll write one up once I get in front of my desktop.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

From the Yuki Arai documentary on TJPW's youtube, there's a nice translated part of the wrestlers talking about why and how they got into wrestling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stardomjos...web2x&context=3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

swole should do a lot of shoulderblocks but call them "swolederblocks"