Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

DeepDickPizza posted:

Assuming now that Brock/Roman is still the plan for Wrestlemania (Title vs. Title?) it will be extra funny to see what they do with the Royal Rumble. Will Roman just enter it and win as Champion? Will Brock do that instead? Will someone win the Rumble and do that dumb thing Cena did and just declare they want their Title match sooner and just blow it on some random RAW since there are no PLE's between the Rumble and Mania? There are so many options for how stupid they can book it.

they'll have a babyface win (my guess right now is Finn) and then Roman talks him into putting the title shot on the line at the February PPV PLE, because WWE babyfaces are stupid loving idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the royal rumble should be won by shinsuke nakamura, and asuka

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kennel posted:

I decided to check how the goons reacted to Adam Cole's WWE contract back in 2017.

Ric Flair was in coma back then and looks like Cole needs to be careful:

I wouldn't take Gonzo as an indication of how goons behave, he was turfed out of here, with good reasons

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The brand separate PPVs were loving sweet, let you have shorter PPVs without weird rear end "why is this show missing an entire group of belts?" moments and gave a bit more time for storylines to breath. If you're going to do 12 PPVs a year it's a good idea. Also helps distinguish the big ones as important.

Buuuuut then you can't have THE BIG DOG on every PPV and they can't string a storyline together for 2 weeks let alone 6-8 so it doesn't work at all for wwe, brother

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Julio Cruz posted:

they'll have a babyface win (my guess right now is Finn) and then Roman talks him into putting the title shot on the line at the February PPV PLE, because WWE babyfaces are stupid loving idiots

There isn't anything scheduled between Rumble and Mania, so if they pull this stupid babyface wastes his Mania Title shot early and loses, it's gonna have to happen on Raw or Smackdown which would pretty much be the funniest way to finally kill whatever credibility the Rumble has left.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wouldn't take Gonzo as an indication of how goons behave, he was turfed out of here, with good reasons

Go on

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/1477748454294175751

Cavauro posted:

the royal rumble should be won by shinsuke nakamura, and asuka

this time it'll work dammit

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

follow toni's example, E

there's nothing stopping you and quite frankly the world deserves to see you vs. hobbs (to say nothing of every other incredible matchup then available to him)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Brock and Roman both enter the rumble and are the final two. They eliminate each other at exactly the same time and we get the first ever Royal Rumble declared to be a tie. Both point at the sign as fireworks go and the match is made by Adam Pearce! the only place to settle this feud is at the granddaddy of them all, the showcase of the immortals WRESTLEMANIA it’s title vs title winner takes all once in a lifetime, title unification for the multiverse championship!! In a steel cage!!

match ends in DQ when Miz interferes

Seams fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 2, 2022

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Seams posted:

Brock and Roman both enter the rumble and are the final two. They eliminate each other at exactly the same time and we get the first ever Royal Rumble declared to be a tie. Both point at the sign as fireworks go and the match is made by Adam Pearce! the only place to settle this feud is at the granddaddy of them all, the showcase of the immortals WRESTLEMANIA it’s title vs title winner takes all once in a lifetime, title unification for the multiverse championship!!

Then there is some sort of double count out or DQ and both Brock & Roman hold their titles until next year to try again

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Seams posted:

Brock and Roman both enter the rumble and are the final two. They eliminate each other at exactly the same time and we get the first ever Royal Rumble declared to be a tie. Both point at the sign as fireworks go and the match is made by Adam Pearce! the only place to settle this feud is at the granddaddy of them all, the showcase of the immortals WRESTLEMANIA it’s title vs title winner takes all once in a lifetime, title unification for the multiverse championship!!

Bret Hart/Lex Luger was a tie! :v:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

dang that's sad

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The reason I stopped watching WWE was Brock coming out and beating Kofi in seconds after WWE managed to squeeze all the PR out of him they could. There was no follow up, no storyline, it didn't lead to an angle, they just pretended like it never happened. Which is why I never came back when E won the belt, because it was a forgone conclusion on how it would play out. Big went out and did all this press and all these interviews for months, but in the end he got the same treatment as Kofi.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Sorry Kevin but this strawman doesn't work. Just drink the Kool aid, cash your check, and be quiet.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I usually don't have sympathy for anyone that put their name on the dotted line with Vince but... ah jeez that's miserable.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vince calling New Day’s bluff was tragic

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

wwe is tragic

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Astro7x posted:

My money is on Alexa winning the rumble. All the women have looked like total goobers if you are not Charlotte or Becky. Best bet is to have someone win that has not been on TV for a while.

are the wrestlers going to be forced to work it into their promos?

“At the next premium live event, The Horror Show at Extreme Rules…”

k if its all returning people winning cause everyone's a geek right now, I predict Bayley, Asuka, or Alexa. For the men... hmmm goldberg or................... Elias.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I feel like it's Bayley or Alexa, definitely.

Men's will probably be Seth or KO or someone already in the upper card since they don't see those wins as means to elevate people anymore.

Maybe we'll get Happy Corbin vs Brock at mania.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Maybe we'll get Happy Corbin vs Brock at mania.

The most WWE thing ever would be to do this and have Corbin just win clean.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
If they are going to change the name of PPV's due to being on Peacock, they should have went with Cock Shows.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what did they do with asuka

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Does Big E still do his Cameos?

Coz he was making lotsa money off of them, and seemed to be having fun doing his yelly high energy shtick. Big E deserves both money and fun.

But WWE being WWE first they take his money, then they take his fun, then they reward him by giving him a token title run, which they then also take away.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BrigadierSensible posted:

Does Big E still do his Cameos?

Coz he was making lotsa money off of them, and seemed to be having fun doing his yelly high energy shtick. Big E deserves both money and fun.

But WWE being WWE first they take his money, then they take his fun, then they reward him by giving him a token title run, which they then also take away.

If he is, he's not getting paid for them since WWE just takes it off their downside lmao

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:sigh:

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

graph posted:

what did they do with asuka

she's being kept in a pit that Shane-o-mac lowers baskets of lotion into

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think Asuka is still out from shoulder surgery? Maybe?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

X JAKK posted:

she's being kept in a pit that Shane-o-mac lowers baskets of lotion into

I didn't think they were gonna be so literal with Raw Underground.

"YEAH YEAH that's good! It puts the lotion on it's skin! YEAH YEAH that's what I'm talkin' about!"

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It rules that Seth Rollins became the #1 Contender back in October, and then they spent two months having other guys get added to his Title match by pinning the Champ and then at the end of all that, they just panic booked into adding Brock Lesnar a few hours before the show and had him win it. Lashley and Owens getting added was so convoluted and stupid, but they spent so much time on it, and all of it was for literally nothing. And after months of guys making Big E look stupid in order to get added to the Title match, he eats the pin from a guy who wasn't part of the months-long angle in any way, shape or form whatsoever. lol It rules.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd say maybe Big E could get a Bryan Danielson liek bounceback from the crowd getting behind him but WWE knows how to kill that before it even happens so....

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Someone should save this for any and all wwe thread firstposts. Or add it to loss.jpeg

So as much as I hate giving money or views to wwe I ended up watching the a&e bios of Shawn Micheals, Booker T and Stone Cold. Just weird if you are used to real bios and know anything about what actually happened back in the day. Just bizarre omissions and rewriting of history. Stone Cold teamed up “with another guy” for the Hollywood Blondes and no mention of Debra outside of “my wife at the time.” Also disturbing hearing people routinely talk about the issues caused by Vince McMahon whims as just how things are done. I did see a ton of AEW Star Adam Cole (baybay) as a talking head as well as praising NXT 1.0. Made me realise again how few guys outside of Foley or Terry Funk are on both DSoTR and these wwe commercials. Does anyone know if the guys that show up in these docs sign and exclusivity clause? Really wish Dark Side could get some of these guys in their docs.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Please stop posting sad Big E it’s too sad

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Eat My Fuc posted:

Please stop posting sad Big E it’s too sad

https://i.imgur.com/0JqEsSM.mp4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:(

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Big E don’t you dare be sour

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
mods asleep post Sad E

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Post Sad Big E amd the Wastedest Potentials u got

Trying
Sep 26, 2019