Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Gio posted:

Dude, did you get Delta and Omnocrom?

Anyways, hope everything ok obviously, but drat. (brugroffil and i are postin pals for anyone who perceived this as insensitive.)

Quite possibly lol

Boosted, infected and then monoclonals first week of November. We shall see what the test tells me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Mr Cuddles posted:

It's 10 days in the UK, not sure about where you are but I didn't go out until day 11 when I was testing negative. If you want my anecdotal advice, I started to feel better day 6 then found it came back for a second round, so be careful you don't exert yourself too soon.
US here. And yeah, that's my primary concern (besides long covid), is a round 2. But at 10 days since onset of symptoms, I think im spared of that? As im typing this I feel like im tempting fate.

Knifefan posted:

I don't keep track of all of the current national guidelines, but the theory is to pick a number of days(10, 14 days from onset of symptoms are reasonable) and look at your symptoms. If you dont have any serious symptoms, the symptoms you do have are improving, and you haven't had a fever in the past 24 hours(and you haven't taken an anti-fever medication) you should be fine to re-enter society.
Symptoms have been steadily improving (though maybe a bit slower than I'd like). My experience with covid so far is that of a cold, right down to the ridiculous amounts of mucus and more daytime tiredness than usual. I really wish there was a way to tell if I got Delta or Omnicron, but I dont think me as a layperson will ever get that figured out.

e: Also this is me purely asking out of anxiety, but do long covid symptoms manifest after someone recovers from covid, or are those symptoms that don't resolve once the rest of covid is? im basically extremely terrified of brain fog/chronic pain or any sort of random ailment, but right now I don't have any of those symptoms.

buglord fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 2, 2022

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

buglord posted:

Hi goons

I started feeling sick on Dec 24th, got a PCR test on the 28th and got a positive result on the 29th. What day should I be good to re-enter society? Would I need another test? The city has a program to ship out PCR tests to people who want them, but I’m also reading that PCRs will flag positive past the point of being contagious? Rapids are apparently rare but I can’t go to stores to check, obviously.

Today or tomorrow per the new rules so long as you feel a bit better

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

brugroffil posted:

Quite possibly lol

Boosted, infected and then monoclonals first week of November. We shall see what the test tells me.

There are apparently also normal colds a plenty circulating right now, so hopefully your Covid test is negative. Otherwise I guess you could just Mr. Burns your way to Covid immunity.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rust Martialis posted:

Same as in DK, but they started now.

Sorry, I am just venting that my frustration is the language around a disease of the unvaccinated, ignoring the fact that many still can't get the vaccine.

Not directed at you for anything specific but just pointing out that is probably the biggest pile of unvaxxed people left.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Mooseontheloose posted:

Sorry, I am just venting that my frustration is the language around a disease of the unvaccinated, ignoring the fact that many still can't get the vaccine.

Not directed at you for anything specific but just pointing out that is probably the biggest pile of unvaxxed people left.

In Denmark maybe. In many countries like the USA, Britain and Germany, the amount of people who simply chose against it far outweigh the ones who are ineligible. Unless you want to argue those groups span tens of millions per country.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 2, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Yes, I do think there are a lot of children who aren't 5 years old yet in many countries!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Well obviously, but in most societies they generally don't make up 20 percent of the population.
If a country has such tilted demographic numbers, it's either exploding during the next generation, or it already has such a high child mortality that they'd be unlikely to be vaccinated either way.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 2, 2022

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well the good news is, I don't have to go back to my office, which is ludicrously re-opening this week (and sent out doubling-down emails as recently as Friday)... because I've had massive amounts of covid exposure! Haven't tested yet, but there's basically no way I'm negative. Feeling okay so far, mostly just a sore throat.

We're going to end up with half a lockdown just from people with Covid isolating.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

cant cook creole bream posted:

Well obviously, but in most societies they generally don't make up 20 percent of the population.
If a country has such tilted demographic numbers, it's either exploding during the next generation, or it already has such a high child mortality that they'd be unlikely to be vaccinated either way.

For them to outweigh the willfully unvaccinated, assuming a basic rate of 80% vaccination, you'd only need 10%, which is significantly more probable. If you then go and divide it by municipality or even further, what you see is that vaccination rates are not distributed equally, geographically speaking. In my province, the most highly vaccinated places are really highly vaccinated -- like, over 90% -- (in which case the unvaccinated are practically all ineligible) and then the average is brought down where coitus with farm animals and blood relatives is common and vaccination is considered the tool of Satan.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

PT6A posted:

For them to outweigh the willfully unvaccinated, assuming a basic rate of 80% vaccination, you'd only need 10%, which is significantly more probable. If you then go and divide it by municipality or even further, what you see is that vaccination rates are not distributed equally, geographically speaking. In my province, the most highly vaccinated places are really highly vaccinated -- like, over 90% -- (in which case the unvaccinated are practically all ineligible) and then the average is brought down where coitus with farm animals and blood relatives is common and vaccination is considered the tool of Satan.

Eh, it might seem more probable, but looking at the actual (somewhat outdated) numbers from 2011 it would be 6.2% percent in the UK. And while that is a huge fraction, it's not to the extend that I would neglect the huge amount of people who have a choice and just don't want to.
That's 3,914,000 children below 5, so let's say an even 4 million to include other groups who are medically barred from taking a vaccine.
There are 51,771,547 people with a first dose, in a population of 67.220.000, so that would be around a quarter of the remainder.
Also, only 47 million have a second dose, with no trajectory to catching up.
The numbers in the USA look sort of similar with a lower baseline vaccination.

At the very least, it's irrational to act as if willfully unvaccinated people aren't significant compared to the young ones.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 3, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Eh, it might seem more probable, but looking at the actual (somewhat outdated) numbers from 2011 it would be 6.2% percent in the UK. And while that is a huge fraction, it's not to the extend that I would neglect the huge amount of people who have a choice and just don't want to.
That's 3,914,000 children below 5, so let's say an even 4 million to include other groups who are medically barred from taking a vaccine.
There are 51,771,547 people with a first dose, in a population of 67.220.000, so that would be around a quarter of the remainder.

At the very least, it's irrational to act as if willfully unvaccinated people aren't significant compared to the young ones.

Yeah, the percentage of 0-4 is about the same here (6.0% from the past census), so I'd agree with that, but that's still significant if you look at the cities, where there's a ridiculously great vaccination rate.

It's definitely not just a pandemic of the unvaccinated at this point. I think vaccines are great, vaccine passports are great, vaccine mandates would be great, a brute squad to round up the willfully unvaccinated and vaccinate them by force and also beat them up a bit would be great, etc. but with omicron I think we have to confront the fact that even that won't be enough. Vaccines are one great tool, we need to use them, but we also need to use other PHIs just like we did in that hellish year where there were no vaccines.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

PT6A posted:

Yeah, the percentage of 0-4 is about the same here (6.0% from the past census), so I'd agree with that, but that's still significant if you look at the cities, where there's a ridiculously great vaccination rate.

It's definitely not just a pandemic of the unvaccinated at this point. I think vaccines are great, vaccine passports are great, vaccine mandates would be great, a brute squad to round up the willfully unvaccinated and vaccinate them by force and also beat them up a bit would be great, etc. but with omicron I think we have to confront the fact that even that won't be enough. Vaccines are one great tool, we need to use them, but we also need to use other PHIs just like we did in that hellish year where there were no vaccines.

If we had invested properly in redundant vaccine manufacturing to the point where we could try to get "reactive" or even proactive or multivalent mRNA vaccines out instead of having to cry about "if we retool for Omicron the next variant could be Delta lineage and then we're hosed" we could be back in Summer 2021 with single digit cases and no NPIs

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

What's Moderna and Pfizer's latest update on a Omicron jab anyhow?

Because I really hope I'm not gonna hear that the the gov is just gonna :regd08: the wildtype vac.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Suzera posted:

It's the weekend, it's a holiday weekend, and US positivity is already up to around 30%. Testing capacity is overwhelmed and a lot of people aren't getting tested because they can't find anywhere still accepting people or won't stand in line for hours. US will not see a 1 million case day officially without something like a 60+% positivity rate as about 1.5m tests are being done per day on average for the last couple months with a flat trend.

Which would be kind of crazy.

What will drive it is schools requiring it to return to school. I'm sure lots of parents will get a test as long as they're in line for their child.

The other variable is that lots of schools are doing lots of different things. Everything from "who cares about covid just show up" to "we are taking half the week to make sure we can test everyone first".

Once all of that settles we might have a better idea by the end of the week.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Yeah, for sure; it's particularly absurd that we don't have stockpiles of rapid antigen tests, and we should have used this as an opportunity to normalize RT-PCR as a clinical lab diagnostic tool. I'm just not exactly sure that we could have realistically scaled up PCR testing to meet the current need because this degree of vaccine evasion for infection is worst-case scenario.

We could have scaled up PCR testing; it's not some relatively new technology, and not even that expensive comparatively speaking. The reasons we didn't likely had to do with treating COVID as a "short-term" issue, as others said, and also the initial capital overlays to do substantial expansion at a national scale, including the hiring of technicians to perform the testing.

The latter though are things that could have been subsidized by the government...

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

There are apparently also normal colds a plenty circulating right now, so hopefully your Covid test is negative.

Fwiw we took our first flight since the pandemic to visit family two weeks ago, and both our kids and I developed mild cold symptoms in the past few days. Kids had a 12-hour fever, and now some congestion. My symptoms feel more like just a few bad nights of sleep, scratchy throat, tired, a little achy.

We’ve been taking rapid antigen tests just about every other day since we’ve been here, and daily since cold symptoms started, and I’ve even started to swab my throat as well given some of the recommendations from e.g. Michael Mina. So far everything’s been negative. Fingers crossed but seems like just a regular cold.

cunningham
Jul 28, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Didn’t the CDC say it’s ok after about five days?
If you are experiencing symptoms, we don't want you in our clinic for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

cunningham
Jul 28, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

I guess it would depend on how bad the lingering coughing is. I've had colds that gave me a lingering cough for months. I was speaking more to the "wait a month after a positive test" thing, which a)the poster did not have, and b) is not accurate to begin with. You can get vaccinated if your symptoms have resolved and you are through the quarantine period (yes yes CDC bad etc).

This isn't the place for medical advice but anyone who is eligible to be boosted should get boosted at this point.
What we ask patients is: are you experiencing flu-like symptoms? How long have you been experiencing them?

If you got sick within the week, go home and come back next week. We leave that up to the individual to judge their level of illness because it is way beyond the scope of our practice to check.

If you're recently sick, stay home and isolate. You will not be putting yourself in any danger distancing yourself in the interim.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
:itshappening:

Brother's BIL is symptomatic today and RAT positive after a NYE party with a buddy who is PCR positive today. My brother spent 5 hours working with BIL in a room yesterday. They're vacxed but not boosted, hella healthy grow-veg-at-home folk but I'm worried about my 2 year old nephew.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Wang Commander posted:

If we had invested properly in redundant vaccine manufacturing to the point where we could try to get "reactive" or even proactive or multivalent mRNA vaccines out instead of having to cry about "if we retool for Omicron the next variant could be Delta lineage and then we're hosed" we could be back in Summer 2021 with single digit cases and no NPIs

Resetting those factories is not the time intensive part. It's doing all those nasty quality, efficiency and safety tests. Let's just get rid of that stuff. The occasional side effect only fuels vaccine sceptics anyway.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 3, 2022

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

crepeface posted:

got sick of waiting so i went to the source that google pulls from

accidently edited this into an old post instead of making a new one, but here's something extra:

assuming this means they're short on healthcare workers. idk if exposing your healthcare workers to covid positive co-workers is a good solution to it but then again im not a big brain health services manager

update: number went up. it's good that our hospitalisations are 125% of the delta peak right?

https://twitter.com/western_health/status/1477802905629446149?s=20

if you were a poster talking about the aussie numbers being fine you are dumber than an SMH reader. sky news is fine for you tho:

crepeface fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 3, 2022

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Yes no, he will be alright bud, toss another shrimp on the grill ehhhhhhh

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Resetting those factories is not the time intensive part. It's doing all those nasty quality, efficiency and safety tests. Let's just get rid of that stuff. The occasional side effect only fuels vaccine sceptics anyway.

At this point, it might be needed, as Omicron demonstrate that evasive spike proteins are viable; there is a good chance this is only the start of an evolutionary trend toward evasion of the wildtype vaccine. We wouldn't have needed to if we had coverage of the major clades in the works, but....

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

It's being able to continue to produce the current vaccine while retooling the lines while doing testing. We can't right now afford to gamble on a whiffed vaccine while still producing present vaccines.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Hey if you get rid of that I'll be out of a job :mad:

The biggest bottleneck is supply chain of raw materials down to the level of plastics, saline, basic reagents, test materials, etc. And that issue, along with the unacceptably long time to do R&D for new vaccines, is exacerbated by shipping delays and most critically staffing issues all down the line on account of people being out sick with COVID, or quitting entirely due to the stress of being pushed to produce so much more to make up for the absence of the sick people. Neat cycle we've got going on here in pharma-land.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

Youth Decay posted:

Hey if you get rid of that I'll be out of a job :mad:

The biggest bottleneck is supply chain of raw materials down to the level of plastics, saline, basic reagents, test materials, etc. And that issue, along with the unacceptably long time to do R&D for new vaccines, is exacerbated by shipping delays and most critically staffing issues all down the line on account of people being out sick with COVID, or quitting entirely due to the stress of being pushed to produce so much more to make up for the absence of the sick people. Neat cycle we've got going on here in pharma-land.

This is the kind of stuff that they say just absolutely can't be scaled under any circumstances but I feel like we could scale it somehow, idk

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
why isn't biden pulling the 'unfuck the global supply chain' lever ????

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Herstory Begins Now posted:

why isn't biden pulling the 'unfuck the global supply chain' lever ????

Why isn't he trying to do things that would help to counteract it? For instance is there nothing that can be done to effectively take over vaccine production plants as a nationalised commodity in order to pay more money to the people currently working at them? This would boost retention and at least help out a little bit.

I realise this is not likely for a huge number of reasons but is such a thing theoretically possible?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
biden supporting the trips waiver the same way he fought for fifteen, voting rights, infrastructure and student debt forgiveness

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

A microcosm of what COVID looks like on the outpatient side:

12/21/21: "_____ is a 60 y.o. female presenting to the office w/ chief complaint of COVID vaccine questions

Pt w/ questions about getting COVID vaccine booster given previous adverse effects. Advised pt to get booster given extreme prevalence of Omicron. All questions answered."

12/23/21: "CC Patient Call Back

Patient requesting to speak to: Doctor
In regards to: the pt is calling stating that she decided that she need the antibiotic please send to ____"

12/28/21: "Patient presented today for specimen collection of COVID-19 testing as ordered. _____ is alert and verbally responsive in no acute distress at this time, verbal consent given."

12/29/21: "CC Results Request:

Type of results: Covid test
When was it done: yesterday
Where was it done: ____
For imaging results, what part of the body?: na
Comments: Needs to know the result of her covid test that was taken yesterday. Kindly assist"

Specimen Collected: 12/28/21 16:52 Last Resulted: 01/02/22 14:05

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Really interesting thread on life insurance data for excess deaths and disability claims among the working age population:

https://twitter.com/MicahPollak/status/1477730077836480512

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

Josef bugman posted:

Why isn't he trying to do things that would help to counteract it? For instance is there nothing that can be done to effectively take over vaccine production plants as a nationalised commodity in order to pay more money to the people currently working at them? This would boost retention and at least help out a little bit.

I realise this is not likely for a huge number of reasons but is such a thing theoretically possible?

How was the US able to mobilize for WW2? It seems like a ton of what went down in that period would just be thrown out by SCOTUS in a heartbeat today.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

As Australia's PCR testing system buckles under the Omicron strain and the health authorities (understandably) strip back the definition of a close contact to someone who's been in a private residence with a positive case for four or six hours or whatever the gently caress it is now, and as rapid tests become as rare as hen's teeth and pharmacies start price gouging for them (I think $20-$30 is now the going rate for a single test?) the prime minister thought this was a good time to dig his ideological heels in:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/jan/03/scott-morrison-resists-calls-to-provide-free-rapid-covid-tests-to-australians

quote:

Despite growing pressure to provide free tests more widely – including to vulnerable and low-income groups – the prime minister said subsidised tests would remain limited to people who were close contacts with symptoms.

“We’re now in a stage of the pandemic where you can’t just make everything free,” Morrison told Channel 7’s Sunrise program on Monday.

“When someone tells you they want to make something free, someone’s always going to pay for it, and it’s going to be you.”

I woke up to this on the radio this morning and actually said out loud "I'm already paying for it you fuckhead!" Just... even from a purely cynical political viewpoint, I cannot grasp why he took this line and how he thinks it's going to benefit him? I know my self-curated social circles and social media feeds trend left, but when even my conservative family are saying "wtf is he doing," that's when it feels like a bizarre misstep. Cracking out boilerplate conservative talking points to warn that people might have to pay for tests which they had never heard of three weeks ago but are now expected to use and are already paying for... just so so loving tin-eared and strange. Weird loving thing to do!

This is without even going into the fact that the federal government has abrogated responsibility for almost everything to the states all the way through the pandemic, and several of them are already saying that they'll procure rapid tests themselves and give them out for free. Absolute best case scenario is that this has a neutral effect on the federal government and even just politically speaking (never mind doing the right thing for your loving country!) I cannot understand why they think this is wise. What a totally cooked era we live in.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo
Wife back in the classroom now. Pretty wild to know today is going to be the day we finally get covid.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Denmark - 3 January 2022

"3. jan: Grundet problemer hos en leverandør med indrapporteringen af ca. 60.000 prøvesvar, som dermed ikke er med i dagens overvågningsdata, er dagens test- og smittetal underestimerede. De manglende prøvesvar vil være med i overvågningstallene i morgen, som dermed vil være overestimerede."

Loosely "Because of problems at a delverer with reporting of approx. 60,000 test results, todays test and infections are underestimated. The missing test results will be included in tomorrow's results, resulting in an overestimate."

Note that DK reports 300,000 tests from yesterday anyhow, so 60,000 is about 16% of the total.

PCR-prøver Antigenprøver
76,278 224,599

That 360,000 tests yesterday level is equivalent to 6.2% of Denmark's population. By population that would mean 21.6 million or so tests in the USA done in a day.

:rubby:

pre:
Denmark Covid Cases
-----------------------------------
Jan 03* 8,801 new cases,  532 reinfections, 169 new hospitalizations (770 total), 73 ICU (-3), 46 Vent (-4),  5 dead
Jan 02  7,550 new cases,  404 reinfections, 163 new hospitalizations (709 total), 76 ICU (+3), 50 Vent (+1), 15 dead
Jan 01 20,885 new cases, 1049 reinfections, 139 new hospitalizations (647 total), 73 ICU (+0), 49 Vent (+0), 5 dead
Dec 31 17,605 new cases, 1090 reinfections, 177 new hospitalizations (641 total), 73 ICU (-2), 49 Vent (-1), 11 dead
Dec 30 21,403 new cases, 1123 reinfections, 178 new hospitalizations (665 total), 75 ICU (-2), 50 Vent (-2),  9 dead
Dec 29 23,228 new cases, 1205 reinfections, 173 new hospitalizations (675 total), 77 ICU (+6), 52 Vent (+2), 16 dead
Dec 28 13,000 new cases,  670 reinfections, 177 new hospitalizations (666 total), 71 ICU (+1), 50 Vent (+4), 14 dead
Dec 27 16,164 new cases,  639 reinfections, 115 new hospitalizations (608 total), 70 ICU (-1), 46 Vent (-2),  7 dead
Dec 26 14,844 new cases,  644 reinfections, 123 new hospitalizations (579 total), 71 ICU (-2), 43 Vent (+1), 13 dead
Dec 25 10,027 new cases,  463 reinfections,  86 new hospitalizations (522 total), 73 ICU (-1), 44 Vent (+5), 10 dead
Dec 24 11,229 new cases,  527 reinfections, 134 new hospitalizations (509 total), 74 ICU (+2), 39 vent (+1), 14 dead
Dec 23 12,487 new cases,  613 reinfections, 158 new hospitalizations (541 total), 72 ICU (+6), 38 vent (+1), 15 dead
Dec 22 13,386 new cases,  531 reinfections, 126 new hospitalizations (524 total), 66 ICU (-1), 37 vent (+2), 14 dead 
Dec 21 13,558 new cases,  501 reinfections, 121 new hospitalizations (526 total), 67 ICU (+1), 35 vent (+2), 17 dead
Dec 20 10,082 new cases,  (no reinf. data),  85 new hospitalizations (581 total), 66 ICU (+3), 33 vent (-2),  8 dead
Dec 19 8,212
Dec 18 8,594
Dec 17 11,194
Dec 16 9,999
Dec 15  8,773 new cases,  ??? reinfections,  96 new hospitalizations (508 total), 66 ICU (+0), 43 vent (-3),  9 dead
Dec 13  7,799 new cases,  ??? reinfections,  61 new hospitalizations (480 total), 64 ICU (-1), 42 vent (0),  9 dead
Dec 12  5,989 new cases,  ??? reinfections,  82 new hospitalizations (468 total), 65 ICU (+5), 42 vent (+6),  9 dead
Dec 08  6,629 new cases,  ??? reinfections,  72 new hospitalizations (461 total), 66 ICU (-1), 38 vent (-1),  7 dead
Dec 01  5,120 new cases,  ??? reinfections,  88 new hospitalizations (439 total), 35 ICU (+1), 35 vent (+1), 14 dead

From rkkp.dk, who track ICU bed availability bi-weekly in Denmark (https://www.rkkp.dk/kvalitetsdatabaser/databaser/dansk-intensiv-database/resultater/)

pre:
20 December - 317 ICU beds, 60 COVID, 59 available
13 December - 319 ICU beds, 64 COVID, 39 available
6 December  - 310 ICU beds, 67 COVID, 10 available <-- squeaky bum time here
29 November - 318 ICU beds, 61 COVID, 25 available
In early 2021, Denmark had 400 ICU beds available, and a combination of ramping down to 340 or so, plus a strike by Danish nurses in July that resulted in the government ending the strike has probably been the cause of a drop to under 320 beds nationally. From the stats it is clear that non-COVID ICU patient counts have been lowered, resulting in more free ICU beds.

Since yesterday, rates per 100,000 population.

pre:
                                  Unvaccinated              Partial           Full                           Unvaccinated    Partial    Full
03 JAN*   New cases:                     165.6                153.7          135.7    Hospitalizations:              42.2       23.4   10.5
02 JAN    New cases:                     152.8                150.7          124.7    Hospitalizations:              41.4       18.7    9.5
01 JAN    New cases:                     437.8                413.6          331.2    Hospitalizations:              38.6       18.4    8.6
31 DEC    New cases:                     341.1                334.2          300.2    Hospitalizations:              37.8       20.7    8.6
30 DEC    New cases:                     409.2                391.5          345.5    Hospitalizations:              39.4       21.1    8.9
29 DEC    New cases:                     443.6                446.0          377.4    Hospitalizations:              40.1       18.5    9.1
28 DEC    New cases:                     237.3                208.2          210.2    Hospitalizations:              40.5       16.9    8.6
27 DEC    New cases:                     304.4                324.9          263.3    Hospitalizations:              40.0       15.8    7.8
26 DEC    New cases:                     310.4                274.9          241.2    Hospitalizations:              39.0       15.4    7.3
25 DEC    New cases:                     181.6                162.1          161.5    Hospitalizations:              33.9       16.0    6.8
24 DEC    New cases:                     184.1                173.0          182.1    Hospitalizations:              34.5       14.9    7.1
23 DEC    New cases:                     237.1                202.6          197.9    Hospitalizations:              35.4       16.2    7.5
22 DEC    New cases:                     257.1                198.1          211.7    Hospitalizations:              34.2       15.3    7.3
21 DEC    New cases:                     270.1                226.2          207.8    Hospitalizations:              32.9       14.3    7.5
20 DEC    New cases:                     201.2                154.4          149.0    Hospitalizations:              34.0       15.6    7.7
17 DEC    New cases:                     252.1                199.3          172.9    Hospitalizations:              31.0       14.9    6.8
15 DEC    New cases:                     216.0                153.3          121.6    Hospitalizations:              31.3       11.7    6.7
13 DEC    New cases:                     215.3                131.3          100.8    Hospitalizations:              29.8       11.5    6.6
08 DEC    New cases:                     193.5                126.9           80.9    Hospitalizations:              27.5        8.7    6.5
01 DEC    New cases:                     162.4                102.1          59.84    Hospitalizations:              24.6       11.3    6.1
25 NOV    New cases:                     134.7                120.9          52.97    Hospitalizations:              21.9        7.2    5.9
Report on PCR tests for Omicron as a percentage of variant tests hit various levels on various days:
pre:
1.77% on 1 December
4.8% on 6 December
10% on 8 December
22% on 12 December
37% on 14 December
50% on 17 December
60% on 20 December
70% on 21 December
74% on 22 December
81% on 24 December 
84% on 26 December
86% on 27 December
92% on 29 December
93.6% on 01 January

Sources:
https://covid19.ssi.dk/overvagningsdata/download-fil-med-overvaagningdata
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/242ec2acc014456295189631586f1d26
https://covid19.ssi.dk/virusvarianter/delta-pcr

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 4, 2022

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

I hate this tweet.

https://twitter.com/spockosbrain/status/1476380831081918468

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

There is some good news as well in that report.

quote:

Despite sharing a room with 4 other persons with PCR-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection, person F never tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 by rRT-PCR, testing negative on July 14, 18, 21, 27, 29, 31, and August 8, 14, 16, and 23. Person F had received 2 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech (https://www.pfizer.comexternal Link) COVID-19 vaccine, but no other members of the travel group had been vaccinated.

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 77 days!

Wang Commander posted:

How was the US able to mobilize for WW2? It seems like a ton of what went down in that period would just be thrown out by SCOTUS in a heartbeat today.

Not after your largest naval base just got the poo poo blown out of it by a country that hadn't gotten around to declaring war yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Me and my homies chillin' after covid is over. I can't wait.

CeeJee posted:

There is some good news as well in that report.

That's wonderful to point out. Thank you.